THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New 1850pt Tournament List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

New 1850pt Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: New 1850pt Tournament List   New 1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 18:26

So I have a list I am writing Battle Reports for that I like and have been running for awhile. It has worked well, but I think it can be changed and be better. This is the list I want to practice and see how it performs. let me know what you think. I am hoping to bring this to the next 2 GTs I will be attending in June.

DE CAD

Succubus, Glaive, Haywire
x3 Grotesques, Raider
x5 Warriors, Venom
x5 Warriors, Venom
x5 Warriors, Venom
Razorwing Jet Fighter, Lances, Cannon
Razorwing Jet Fighter, Lances, Cannon
x9 Reavers, x3 Heatlances, x3 Caltrops, Arena Champion

Eldar Allies

Autarch, Bike, Fusion Gun, Soul Shrive, Banshee Mask
x5 DA, Serpent w/ Scatter laser, Cannon
Crimson Hunter w/ Exarch, Star Cannons
Wraithknight

Thoughts: I am hoping the Reavers + Autarch can replace a Grotesque squad for CC purposes and can replace my Fire Dragons for Melta. The Crimson Hunter is inserted as a 3rd Flier, and can hunt FMCs with ease. At BS 5, it throws out very reliable firepower and the Star Cannons are not useless against AV Fliers just not the best. But, I can reroll Armor Pen with the Exarch upgrade so it helps. Other than those changes, I feel I have all of the bases covered with CC, shooting, and mobility.

Let me know what you think and if this can deal with the top tier lists out there right now.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: New 1850pt Tournament List   New 1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 19:28

I quite like the crimson hunter, but prefer him with the lances. He is a great AA/AT units and still hurts fmcs really well. That and the extra AT couldn't hurt. Just a preference is all.

The bikes I like an am curious to see how they turn out for you. Usually I am against having both heat and caltrops on the bikes as they get really expensive. But I can see them being very valuable in you army so good call.

Not sure about top tier, but if you play with it enough it just might be. Just not the "usual" top tier list one is used to seeing so it is hard to tell ATM.

Like your lists as always
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New 1850pt Tournament List   New 1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 20:43

True about the Lances. I think they could help with AT more. The way I have it configured makes it more dual role, and against fliers being able to reroll armor pen, the str. 6 isn't as bad. Plus, with BS 5 makes it very reliable. Even Jinking FMCs will struggle to shrug off all of the wounds it will put out.

I am a little light on AT, but I am hoping the Reavers can make up for it. I know they are not as reliable as the Fire Dragons, but can fill that role if they can shoot the 4 Meltas in the squad at a target without Jinking the turn before. I posted something in the Tactical Section about my concern about Bikes, but ALL I hear is how GREAT and AWESOME they are. I am just not buying it when I think about in gaming terms. But, using them will put it to rest shortly.

For one of the GTs I am going to they restricted the use of Knights and Super Heavies. Knights cannot be primary and there is a 600pt restriction on Super Heavies with no FW allowed either. So with those restrictions, IKs and other Super Heavies I feel are not an enormous worry.

Back to top Go down
fala
Slave
fala

PostSubject: Re: New 1850pt Tournament List   New 1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26 2015, 20:58

If you want to hunt for FMCs, then I'd suggest using Razorwings with Disintegrators instead. It's cheaper that way (-10 points for DL, while on the Crimson Hunter the cost of lance/starcannon is the same) and since you are anyway giving splinter cannons to Razorwings then you get 6 shots S5 AP2 + 6 shots from splinter cannon. Disintegrators on Razorwings also complement their anti-infantry role, esp. that you have plethora of AT elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://fala13.wordpress.com
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New 1850pt Tournament List   New 1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27 2015, 16:32

Ok, you have one of my favorite unit combos in there: Soulshrive Jetarch in caltrop reavers. I would try them without guns as you will be going for that jink save every time. Make sure you have a d10 cuz that fool becomes INSANE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 1850pt Tournament List   New 1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 1850pt Tournament List
Page 1 of 1