THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list Empty
PostSubject: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29 2014, 03:45

So below is a list I have had much success with. But, I wanted to see what you guys thought of it and if there is anything it is missing or thing I could improve on. Appreciate it.

HQ
Baron- XX

TR
x5 Warriors, Venom w/ x2 Cannons- 110

FAST
x5 Beast Masters, x1 Fiend, x5 Khymera, x6 Flock- 250

HVY
Ravager, Nightshields- 115
Ravager, Nightshields- 115

Allies
Farseer, Shard of Anaris, Stone of Anath'lan, Jetbike- 170

x5 Dire Avengers, Serpent w/ TL-Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon- 195
x5 Dire Avengers, Serpent w/ TL-Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon- 195

x7 Warp Spiders- 133

Wraithknight- 240

I like the list because it has some of everything. I can deal with AV 13/14, hordes, MCs, CC, and nice range. I feel the only thing I am weak against is fliers. I use the Spiders (Guided usually), and the 2 Serpents for them. If push comes to shove, I Guide a Ravager and they can work decently if I need them too.

So what do you all think? Any changes I can make to better the list? Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29 2014, 04:48

I'm wondering about the Fiend. Surely two more flocks would be more effective? they have more wounds and more attacks though admittedly at a lower strength. I'm guessing you LoS wounds onto him to get him down to a wound or two before the charge? Maybe have him tank the str 6 7 8 and 9 shots? If you dumped him and his beast master you could get a lot of upgrades like holofields, night shields for you venoms, or even blasters for your warriors.

Looks great to me honestly!
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29 2014, 06:09

I use the Fiend for multiple purposes.

You are correct in assuming I LOS to him to beef him up. Its great to have him to hit a squad with 6 or 7 attacks at str. 5 on the charge. Tau is very prevalent in my area, and he absorbs the Riptides and Broadsides rather well. With T5, he doesn't get doubled out nearly ever. I also have a pretty sweet model I use, so it is kinda hard to part with him!

If I were to drop him, I would add 5 more Khymera to make the squad more resilient. But, it makes the footprint rather large and 20 points more expensive.

I don't like putting Blasters on Warriors usually because I tend to shoot the lone Blaster at tanks and waste the 4 Rifles. By having all Rifles, I can only shoot at Infantry, which obviously has its own drawbacks but seems to work. Holofields I feel are a luxury at 15 points. With Tau and Eldar ignoring cover, I find that they just don't cut it. If I had a some extra points, they would for sure be on there, but with or without them, Tau and Eldar still just wreck them. And again, they are very prevalent in my area.
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29 2014, 09:48

i assume the farseer is going in the beasts with the baron? why the shard of anaris? its not that great tbh, you need a lot of attacks to maximise the ID/rending effects which the seer doesn't have unless you go all "death mission" with him. its kinda better on an jet-autarch tbh, even then, i think id rather have a laser lance or the firesword
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29 2014, 15:51

List looks solid. No useless upgrades, lots of everything.  The only I think is to drop the fiend for 4++ dogs.  I just find them better for the points. More attacks for the points, a good save. More bodies etc...
The one upgrade that I like on at least one venom are grisly trophies.  The reroll on a failed psych test is great. But that's just a nice bonus if you have a few spare points.

The shard makes the seer fearless. And so makes the beasts fearless. Which is invaluable
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29 2014, 18:14

@csjarrat

The Shard gives Fearless and makes the Beasts Fearless along with it. I cant tell you how many times I get nuked in the first turn and then fail a LD test and run off the board. Also, it helps when I roll poor on the Rends and my opponents ends up winning CC with IDing Flocks or just plain making saves. I stay in CC and suffer no consequences.

Also, I like the Instant Death/ Fleshbane in challenges. I will throw my Farseer in a challenge with a non Eternal Warrior character and hope to kill him. It also makes people think twice about accepting.

@Colin

Thanks! I try to throw some Grisly Trophies on if I do have some extra points, but I am at the limit. If I drop the list down to 1750, I have a few Grisly Trophies in some places.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29 2014, 22:20

P.s. beast masters are characters so they can take and accept challenges. Great against fists, MCs ext. Or if you charge a marine unit/ character mc you can issue a challenge with a master who probably won't kill the charavter . which is good because you have a better chance if holding the unit in the enemy turn and not get shot up
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 14:31

SCP Yeeman wrote:
@csjarrat

The Shard gives Fearless and makes the Beasts Fearless along with it.  
Good to know!, thanks!
hope you have fun with the list, it looks good
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 21:59

Did you win the Guardian Cup with this list? I saw the winning list posted somewhere and yours looks very familiar lol. As far as a balanced mech DE/E list goes there isn't much I would change, if I get over my foot DE/E kick anytime soon I'll probably give this list a try.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 04:31

Yeah this is the list I brought to Guardian Cup up in Portland and won with. After this tournament coming up, I believe I will be switching to the Dark side and going Eldar main. (They are the Dark Side right?)

I have a few things I want to try out with them. I have had a great run with DE, but I have used all of their units in tournaments before, and I would like a fresh new perspective. However, I will have some Dark Eldar allies in my lists, just for old time sake.

I will let you know how I do at this RTT. Little afraid since EVERYTHING will be allowed to be used. Forgeworld, Stronghold Assault, Escalation, EXPERIMENTAL RULES, anything 40k can be used. I own none of these things so would like to try out a solid non-everything list against some of these things.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 01:26

congratulations on your win!
I'm putting a wraith army together myself right now. Got a Wraithseer and 15 wraithguards/blades I need to put together.  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 17:18

So I ended up taking the tournament going 3-0.

First game was against BA that included Cypher, Mephiston, and a Captain with some tactical marines on foot. I had overwhelming firepower and he had 3 models left at the end of turn 3.

Second game was against Nurgle Flying Circus with Fateweaver and a Greater Unclean One. Popped the Grimoire DP first turn and then kill Fatey, and the other 2 DPs second turn. Boarded him turn 3.

Third game was against Seer Council. Had first turn, but got seized on. With Baron or Grisly Trophies in his army, my Beastpack held him up and he failed Fortune turn 3, and the Beasts mopped up the unit. He gave in turn 4 with 2 squads of 4-5 Guardians on Objectives.

It was a fun tournament with great opponents. I don't really have an MVP as all my units did something every game. I will post my next list I want to bring shortly as it will be Eldar main with a surprise or two in there! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list   1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850pt DE/Eldar Tournament list
Page 1 of 1