THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!

Go down 
+35
Tangentical
Siticus the Ancient
Chaeril
Count Adhemar
Cavash
The_Burning_Eye
Mr_Pink
mot666
Vael Galizur
Skari
kenny3760
Skjalgepalg
Archeonlotet
Wolfeslad
red_head
Evil Space Elves
Massaen
Thor665
GAR
darkmark
SirTainly
Local_Ork
Fletch
Foo
Gobsmakked
Hadriel Caine
Vanq
Kinnay
Mirtos
Radium
Sky Serpent
The Eye of Error
Xelkireth
Todo13
Saintspirit
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24 2012, 14:17

Love the blue shading on the Incubi mask. Can't wait for your Wracks! (I do have a soft spot for the ugly bastards!)
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24 2012, 21:21

Great work!

And I can't believe no one else has commented on the ponies. I laughed so hard I snorted.
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25 2012, 10:30

GAR - Thank you.

Evil Space Elves - Thank you too! And yes, I think I will really enjoy painting the wracks - I am thinking a bit about painting their flesh in a somewhat green tint, a little like gretchin green or something, to fit with the shadow phoenix theme.

Drago Galizur - Ah, I'm glad someone noticed and mentioned them. When I have greenstuffed a space mare, I'll show it here to you Cool

Oh and as I mentioned earlier, I should have a blaster warrior finished quite soon, so just wait a little.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2012, 21:16

Quite a big update, first we have the blaster warrior I mentioned (his blaster is second-hand Wink ):
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180567
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180568

Next is some wracks of the Hex Coven, who is also on Archon's Challenge - should have my haemonculus done relatively soon:
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180517
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180518

Two crewmen from the ravager:
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180566
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180569

And finally the second Venom, which I got from Santa's Secret Space Raid (will most likely hold Trueborn):
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180570
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180571
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13 2012, 02:43

My first reaction to the green skin was "Gross!". In other words, it's perfectly disgusting. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13 2012, 11:44

I think the wracks need an off set or nutral colour to break up the model a little - the technique is nice but i would prefer more contrast
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 16:39

@Evil Space Elves - Thank you. Gretchin Green is a very nice colour for painting disgusting models.

@Massaen - Oh? Any suggestion for what colour to use, if so? As you may see the Acothyst holds a red agonizer, thought that gave a bit of contrast at least...

edit: It shall be a red 'niser, not a green...

Last edited by Saintspirit on Mon Mar 26 2012, 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17 2012, 02:41

Not sure... there just seems to be alot of green tint on the wracks... IMO it needs some little touches of black/brown/grey or similar to break it up...
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 16:56

one of the schemes i first considered was black w/green drastic highlights. or purple w/green... or dark shiny blue w/green+electric blue. wasnt so sure about black w/green but youve done well. i still really llike the idea of dark shiny blue w/green+blue tho....

like the shading on the vyper. nice!

the wracks go off, if you do add more colour break it up little maybe but dont change. perhaps thin orky flesh wash? that flesh has lots of texture to bring out, like twiggies or beef jerky... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 12:15

mot666 wrote:

the wracks go off, if you do add more colour break it up little maybe but dont change. perhaps thin orky flesh wash? that flesh has lots of texture to bring out, like twiggies or beef jerky... What a Face
I'll consider that, it's not a that bad idea.

Okay, here's finally an update: The Ravager is finished! It was a mess to paint it, but it feels very good now that I'm done Wink

Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180785
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180786
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180787

Not sure what to do next, probably paint the trueborn's venom, or convert some sort of talos/cronos/minos. Saw a very nice converted pain engine I might take inspiration from.

Last edited by Saintspirit on Fri May 18 2012, 20:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 12:30

that ravager burns man...
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 22:52

Being a Japanafile, and having lived for two years in a village that worshiped the creature and paraded him around in their festivals, I am a BIG FAN of the tengu Very Happy

I also like the modifications you made on the Slyth.
Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 09:40

Mr_Pink wrote:
Being a Japanafile, and having lived for two years in a village that worshiped the creature and paraded him around in their festivals, I am a BIG FAN of the tengu Very Happy
Hm, that's nice to hear. Feel a bit like painting him now Smile
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 19:41

No, not Tengu, but another pretty cool guy (whom I dunno how much I am gonna use, as the Dusk Knight count as him, but he was pretty fun both converting and painting): Drazhar!
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180982
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180983
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180984
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1180985

...For some inscrutable reason, only the first picture was relatively good. So, think of the scheme in the first one when looking at the three others, ok?

Last edited by Saintspirit on Tue May 29 2012, 08:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 21:39

awesome, I love the picture of Drazhar in the codex and I'm considering doing my own conversion of him at some point when my skills have developed a bit.
Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!
Congrats on the archon's challenge win too!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 22:46

I am loving your work so far.
As for your Drazhar model... affraid He is really well modelled and well painted. I think what I like most about him, however, is the silver helmet. It really conveys his age, and the fact that he may very well be Arhra.

You have done a super job! Very Happy

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 08:11

@The_Burning_Eye: Thanks, will then be interesting to see how your version will look indeed.

@Cavash: Thank you too. Yes, I liked the idea of his helmet as well; figured that would probably fit well with his shadowy armour suit.

Next thing to be painted, should either be the second Venom, or Tengu (very happy about that I chose red as the second colour, since his mask is supposed to be red).

Oh, and a different thing - not very connected to this army, but atill - I recently traded a FW Toad Dragon, for a game!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 13:21

I really like our version! The conversion looks natural and flows well. Great work Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 15:05

Thanks!

Here I have a WIP Venom, which I got as a gift during the Secret Santa Raid (the gunner should be finished soon):
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1190199
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1190200
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1190201
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1190202
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 15:19

Going back a couple of months to your Wracks, I may well steal the colour scheme for my Haemonculi. My Kabal has a purple theme to them so i think the green on the Coven models would be a nice contrast.
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 15:32

Awesome army!!!
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 18:37

@Tiresias & Chaeril - Thanks a lot, both of you!

Here I have something new finished, the gift I got from the global gift exchange; the venom of my Shadow Phoenix Blasterborn!
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1190207
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1190208
Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 L1190209

Also, I have begun on my last Incubi, and Tengu has (finally) earned his tempest fan.

Last edited by Saintspirit on Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 19:20

Sweet Venom. Seems I am not in the minority of just opting to go for closed matte glass canopy. After the horrible pain I went through to paint it and glue it on my Razorwing (so easily to screw up the nice paintjob with glue), never again am I going with a transparent onel
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 19:52

Yes, I really know what you mean; trying to glue on transparent canopies are seriously appaling.

Now I will go and glue some new kabalites together - what special equipment do you think they should have?

Last edited by Saintspirit on Thu Apr 25 2013, 12:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 21:46

If you don't have any with Shredders, I'd say two or so with them would be pretty good just for the heck of it. I've found them to be not so shabby in 10 man anti-infantry kabalite squads with a Splinter Cannon among them. I personally really hate putting that one blaster in, because it splits their role too much and I usually have a decent amount of darklight already. It's really more of a fluffy choice, I simply love the monomolecular net imagery and I bet the Dark Kin love to watch as their victims slice themselves apart.

Makes me wish Eldar Warp Spiders didn't suck, as fluffwise they are incredibly awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!   Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalite Project - Green blazes galore!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next