THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**

Go down 
+14
Slaanesh
Sinisterjon
macknight
Massaen
Trystis
Anterzhul
Evil Space Elves
Dogmar
The_Burning_Eye
Azdrubael
spellcheck2001
Calyptra
Thor665
Gobsmakked
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** Empty
PostSubject: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03 2015, 22:51

The Masque of Cegorach – a painting competition

(rules for entry updated February 4th)

The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** Harlequees

M’lords, and m’ladies, hell hath frozen over!

Snow has not only been spotted on the boulevards of Commorragh, and deep into Corespur’s shadowiest alleyways, it is literally blanketing the entire Dark City as if its real name was Boston!  New Harlequins are on the way – a new Harlequin Troupe, a new Solitaire, and a new Death Jester and Shadowseer.  Plus, all-new Skyweaver jetbikes and Starweaver transports, and who knows what else!

And all in plastic!

To celebrate this smörgåsbord of clowns, we are staging our own dance of death – a painting competition.  This message is to give you a heads-up about the competition in advance of the first week’s releases of Harlequins, so that you can plan accordingly if you want to enter.  Here is the gist of it:

1) This competition will be anonymous.  You will enter it by sending me up to 4 photographs of your finished model(s) ( gobsmakked at gmail dot com ).  You will not post any WIP pics on the TDC, nor any finished pics anywhere else on the web until after voting has closed.  Because some of you use the same photo techniques and backgrounds all the time, you should consider changing those.

PLEASE NOTE that if you are entering older models, in order to enter you must first send me a time-stamped photo of your proposed entry(ies) to prove that your models were not already painted when the competition started, or at least painted the same as in your finished photos.

2) All denizens of The Dark City may enter, including mods and admins.  Except for me.  Boo-hoo.

3) This competition celebrates the forthcoming Harlequin update.  Therefore, only GW models will be admissible, but they may be anything from from the new releases, the previous 4th edition Harlequins, and/or the Rogue Trader Harlequin range.  You may convert them if you wish, using old or new parts.

4) There will be two categories – 'Single Figure' and 'Group/Squad' ("clown alley" is a group of clowns).  You may enter both categories if you wish, but you may only win one category and that will be 'Group/Squad' if you happen to be voted winner of both.

5) Voting will be by polls of your forum peers, once I have posted all of the anonymous pictures.

6) You may use any one of the new, old or really old model ranges (character, individual trouper, vehicle, bike) for your Single Figure entry, and any combination of them for your Group/Squad entry.

7) The Harlequin release will start this weekend, February 7th, and is expected to last for 3 weeks, until February 21st.  You may begin immediately if you already have eligible models, or as soon as they are released if you are using the new ones, and the closing deadline for sending your finished pics is 11:59pm PST, Saturday, March 21.  The voting will start as soon as possible after that date.

UPDATE -March 8, the deadline for entries has been extended one week to March28th, to hopefully allow for the shipping strike that has been affecting the US west coast.

8 ) Prizes – you will get a super sexy new banner to go in your forum sig.  We might be able to come up with something else, as well  Evil or Very Mad

Looking forward to seeing your entries!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sat Apr 04 2015, 08:10; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 17:07

Small update - I have added my e-mail address above for the pics to be sent to.

If you are interested in entering, shoot me an e-mail and let me know, as well. This thread is feeling a little bereft of interest so far bounce

Thanks.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 17:36

That's what you get for working secrecy into the concept Wink

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 18:13

Well, I'm in.

And I'm gonna complain about it. I mean, I have a ton of Rogue Trader Harlequins which I ought to work on (once I have the new codex) instead of buying new, different Harlequins. And it's one more thing to keep me from working on my Coven, which I'm starting to feel like I'll never finish.

But I'm a sucker for Harlequins. And painting competitions. You bastard. Thank you.

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 18:30

Me too Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 18:47

Calyptra wrote:
You bastard.

See, this is more like it, I feel better already Very Happy

Thor665 wrote:
That's what you get for working secrecy into the concept Wink

No battle plan survives the first five minutes on the tabletop!

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 19:51

Why do you like new ones so much...some of us have pretty of unpainted old Surprised Not fair )

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 21:04

I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring too, painting schedule be damned I need to play!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 22:54

Not sure if I can actually get this going, since I'll have finals in that time window, but I will try!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 22:58

I'll throw my clown hat in the ring.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 23:13

But my second semester is about to start and I really shouldn't... Ah whatever #YOLO I'm in

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 06:00

I am part of the 'what's wrong with the old ones?' crowd.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 06:18

Thor665 wrote:
I am part of the 'what's wrong with the old ones?' crowd.
[b]
Look out kids!!!
The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** Aab7baa3cf1eeb8aa78d204085054cc4ebb17fc33f79c79b00c56631e814e17c

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 07:00

Hmmm, I sense a disturbance in the Warp.

Alright, I guess that the competition should actually celebrate the fact that Harlequins are getting an update more than just some new shiny.  And I would sincerely hate to deprive denizens from entering simply because they already have perfectly good Harlie models and don't want to sell their other kidney to GW as well.

Therefore, I shall use my otherworldly powers for good and change the competition so that all editions of GW Harlequin models are eligible.  I will change the rules in the OP accordingly, most notably that in order to enter, everyone must now send me a time-stamped photo of their entry(ies) to prove that any old/current models they use were not already painted when the comp started.

*boom goes the starting cannon*

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 03:54

Ideally I'd like to convert my Rogue Trader Harlequins to fit with the new rules. Of course, I don't feel like I can start working on that until they actually release those rules.

Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 04:48

I'm down to participate

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 04:53

Picked up my 2 boxes plus solitaire today! Think I can manage 1 model Rolling Eyes

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
macknight
Hellion
macknight

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 21:48

Looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 23:48

I suppose non GW bit conversions (plasticard and brass rod and the like) are allowed?

Damn you actually made me postpone the wraithknight that has been sitting in red basecoat on my desk for almost a year...

Slave
Sinisterjon

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 12:02

My first competition! I'll have a go at this. Good luck everyone. May the funniest clown win.

Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 00:30

Gobsmakked wrote:
Hmmm, I sense a disturbance in the Warp.

I shall have to invade this competition.... expect my entry.
Back to top Go down
Veles
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22 2015, 06:07

Hi there,

I have a small question in regards to this competition. Would it be allowed to submit the same entry I enter here at Adepticon? I plan to visit that event and it is so happens that Adepticon will take place at the same time as this competition. I am asking because one of the rules states that entry can't be displayed anywhere before the end of this competition.

Tank you.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 20:04

Hi Veles,

Yes, that should be fine. The rule technically refers to entries that are posted elsewhere online, as many people like to post on multiple forums, and CMON, etc. And, I assume that entering it at AdeptiCon doesn't necessarily mean that it will also get posted online.

This is just an unfortunate coincidence and I am not about to say 'no' just for that. Good luck at AdeptiCon.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Veles
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24 2015, 21:47

Thanks for the answer. I will try to make an entry (the older you get the harder it is to commit to something because of the real life issues). I just wanted to mention that Adeptiocn's painting competition is “Crystal Brush” and it is partly online competition. They post entries on the website so people can vote for them for three days and then the winner is awarded.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2015, 18:50

Right, you 'orrible lot!  A quick update on this painting comp:

There are 3-1/2 weeks left in this competition, the deadline for sending me your anonymous finished pics is 11:59pm PST, Saturday, March 21.  So, clear your work schedules and put your term papers aside.

I am sure that many of you are beavering away secretly, but so far I have had 18 denizens declare that they are entering the competition, or at least will try to do so.  This is great, and I can't wait to see all of the final entries.

Remember, you can send up to 4 pics of your finished work, and if you are entering older models, in order to enter you must send me some kind of time-stamped photo of your proposed entry(ies) ahead of time to prove that your models were not already painted when the competition started, or at least painted the same as in your finished photos.

And if anyone has any further questions, maybe shoot me a PM or an e-mail ( gobsmakked at gmail dot com ).

OK, now get back to work!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**   The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Masque of Cegorach – a Harlequin painting competition **deadline this Saturday, March 28**
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next