THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids

Go down 
+15
CurstAlchemist
Tounguekutter
Von Snabel
|Meavar
wormfromhell
TeenageAngst
Ikol
The Red King
AngelicPerversion
Maraxus
Gobsmakked
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
krayd
Imateria
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 11:41

Imateria wrote:
Ikol wrote:
Anyone else notice that our schtick (that being FNP) has been usurped by a Tyranid Psychic Power?

We ignore Wounds, on a 6+ now (according to the last Stream), but if I'm reading the rules for "Catalyst" right: 5+ save for wounds suffered.

Sounds like a better version of our FNP.  That the Nids can toss around as a Psychic Power.
What a silly comment. Catalyst has been a Nid Psychic power that dishes out FnP for ages, it's pretty much unchanged here.

This is a demonstration of my lack of expertise on Tyranids.

(Probably should have done a touch of research here.)
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 01:24

Count Adhemar wrote:
I seem to recall reading that you roll for each wound suffered, so if a Lascannon does 4 wounds you roll 4 times and each 6 negates one of the wounds. If this can be improved in some way, via Covens units etc, then it may be exciting but at the moment I'm not that impressed with it.

I also recall that if you are dealt multiple damage you must save each damage you're dealt. In other words it isn't an all or nothing thing where one save prevents or allows in 4 wounds.

I also predict we will have multiple ways of improving our PfP, one of which may be a unique stratagem.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 06:59

Although I think our feel no pain will be a smaller thing for us.
Sure a 6+ always is nice, but we are not a though race. So we will not get the strong defensive boons like the 5+ of the Nurgle. We will have to rely on speed. Let's hope we get that. Razz

I agree that coven units might get some bigger boon. Although I think wracks should not get close to the nugle marines yet. Grotesques should be, but with 3+ wounds even with a 6+ they should be at least as though as nurgle marines.

Last edited by |Meavar on Wed May 24 2017, 07:15; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 07:12

Coven units take pleasure in recieving pain as well as giving it and if you read the coven supplement from 7th edition their flesh creations were able to shrug off wounds that were fatal to most creatures in 40k. I would put their toughness up there with plague marines possibly even giving them a slight edge. I think they deserve a boon on par with plague marines at the very least.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 07:20

Coven units are much tougher, but look at their amour- some rags, if that.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 15:44

AngelicPerversion wrote:
Coven units take pleasure in recieving pain as well as giving it and if you read the coven supplement from 7th edition their flesh creations were able to shrug off wounds that were fatal to most creatures in 40k. I would put their toughness up there with plague marines possibly even giving them a slight edge. I think they deserve a boon on par with plague marines at the very least.

Historically, Wracks were never as tough as Plague marines. Plague marines sported an extra point of Toughness and a 3+ armor save, not to mention the defensive grenades (not sure if they still have those but they did back in 4th).

Grotesques on the other hand I almost feel are like apples to oranges. They've certainly always been more points although hard to say to what degree that is because of Grotesque's considerably better hitting power in melee, and Power from Pain. In this edition I think Grotesques will either need a wound boost or a points reduction because their 3 wounds are not going to be as useful against multi-wound weapons, and unless their new PfP save is seriously buffable they are going to need those wounds, as now Strength 3 weapons wound them on 5's. My guess is they will get double the wounds for 6 apiece.
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 15:59

That is very true on all accounts i was just talking fluff wise. Game wise I do agree that they will need either a wound boost or a toughness boost to stay relevant on the table top.the combat drugs were also a great addition fluff and game wise i hope they keep that available through command points or strategems. I don't own any wracks, but I am interested to see what they will be doing to the liquifier gun as well as the ossefactor. I hope they give them an option to atleast be able to field more of these weapons than just 1 per 5 man squad. Seeing the new primaris marines with all plasma guns gives me hope that it could be a possibility but with GW thats like trying to jump and get an apple off the empire state building.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 16:49

I can't see wrack squads where everyone is carrying a Liquifier. I don't know...
That seems to be a Craftworld or imperium thing.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 17:19

CptMetal wrote:
I can't see wrack squads where everyone is carrying a Liquifier. I don't know...

Okay, how about 4 wracks can be upgraded to have Liquifier guns. Is that Dark Eldar enough? Smile
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 20:53

Or, because Wracks were our only option to sniper rifles, (which made no sense to me ... Snipers are usually very mindful and have a higher accuracy ... Where as Wracks are ... Almost mindless servants) they will be the dark eldar sniper unit and can be equipped with 3-5 hex rifles ... Or possibly allow scourge to get hex rifles ...
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion
JonTheArchon

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 21:09

I actually really want scourges to get hex rifles now, i had not thought of this, it would require me to remodel my scourges but I would definitely do that
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 22:02

CptMetal wrote:

In my opinion Wracks always should have been a covenite equivalent of the Trueborn. 4/5 that have access to fancy wargear. We simply don't need them for the melee grinding, we got Grotesques to handle that task just fine. At least I hope that remains unchanged.

But knowing GW that would make too much sense for them to actually put in.
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 22:07

I loaded up on all the wrack weps from ebay. Just hoping ossefactors are insane in the new edition!
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 02:16

Wracks should have been the trueborn equivalent for coven units. They are the only haemonculus attendants for the most part even in the lore wracks have been promoted to haemonculus status. They are the only flesh creation of the haemonculus who has some kind of intellect. Grotesques are just barely aware of whats going on around them and pain engines are biomechanical servants.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 12:53

Archon_91 wrote:
Or, because Wracks were our only option to sniper rifles, (which made no sense to me ... Snipers are usually very mindful and have a higher accuracy ... Where as Wracks are ... Almost mindless servants) they will be the dark eldar sniper unit and can be equipped with 3-5 hex rifles ... Or possibly allow scourge to get hex rifles ...
Actually Wracks are more like apprentice Haemonculi. Interestingly Haemonculi can also take the Hexrifle, so one of the few characters that can snipe other characters, and it'll be interesting to see what they do with the Lethal Dose rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2