THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)

Go down 
+16
organicpesticide
CurstAlchemist
CptMetal
The Shredder
Massaen
Painjunky
TheBaconPope
Eldur
Creeping Darkness
amishprn86
krayd
TeenageAngst
Bhaal
Dalamar
Logan Frost
RoadRageRob666
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 12:11

And there isn´t any objective secured in the detachements, anybody notice that?

Granted, in the mission rules, there could be something like "troops count more".

Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 16:06

CptMetal wrote:
Anybody notice that fight and charge are two different phases and this means that witches don't get to dodge against overwatch?

So either charge with the transport first or die!

We have yet to see how Dodge is worded for 8th at this time (or did I miss it somewhere, lots going on at the moment). While I doubt they will throw us a bone and allow us to dodge overwatch and allow us to also dodge pistol shots while "locked" in combat we can always hope for the best (while expecting the worst).
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 16:12

CurstAlchemist wrote:
We have yet to see how Dodge is worded for 8th at this time (or did I miss it somewhere, lots going on at the moment).

From the preview:

"They get the 4+ invulnerable save in the Fight phase, just like before"

In other news, Flamers are looking pretty brutal in this edition. I only wish we had some. Neutral
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 16:19

The Shredder wrote:

From the preview:

In other news, Flamers are looking pretty brutal in this edition. I only wish we had some. Neutral

The problem is that is the writer of the article telling us how it works not what the rule actually says. It could be that he did a poor job writing the explanation on it. I haven't really been impressed with the writing of these faction foci to tell you the truth and I think it is possible that their choice of wording might be doing an injustice to actually describing how it works. I will hold off full judgment until I see the datasheet with the actual wording on it.

I doubt it will be the case by the way and fully expect them to believe that a 6+ save will be great because hey you get it with most basic weapons and a 6+ PfP (reference Ork Faction Focus).
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 16:26

You know what? If the remaining girls can do their work I'd gladly sacrify one to overwatch.
Back to top Go down
organicpesticide
Hellion
organicpesticide

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 28 2017, 21:37

The Shredder wrote:
CurstAlchemist wrote:
We have yet to see how Dodge is worded for 8th at this time (or did I miss it somewhere, lots going on at the moment).

From the preview:

We have liquifiers and eye bursts! Im hoping theyre really good as well as ossefactors.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 28 2017, 21:56

Do we know what the shredder will do?

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 28 2017, 22:14

organicpesticide wrote:
We have liquifiers and eye bursts!

That's true, though it would be nice if our regular troops had access to flamer weapons.

organicpesticide wrote:
Im hoping theyre really good as well as ossefactors.

Yeah, I'll be interested to see what Ossefactors do now.

CptMetal wrote:
Do we know what the shredder will do?

I've seen it speculated that Small Blasts will become d3 shots (since large blast appear to be d6 shots), but AFAIK that hasn't been confirmed yet. No idea if the shredder will have Multiple Wounds or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 28 2017, 22:44

A simple guess suggests the Shredder will be R12", S6, AP 0, Assault D3, re-rolls To Wound.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 28 2017, 23:38

Maybe but personally I hope they turn it into our flamer weapon.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 28 2017, 23:44

CptMetal wrote:

We have a Flamer tho Sad

Shredder has pros and cones vs flamers, 12" vs 8" but needs to hit vs auto hits, S6 but only D3 wounds.

I agree with him that it will just be S6/D3 wounds.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sess
Hellion
Sess

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 01:58

The Shredder wrote:
CurstAlchemist wrote:

From the preview:

Yeah I think dodge will work like it did before, but having the raider to be able to charge first to eat the overwatch for the wych squad seems like it could be a big deal.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 06:45

And we can deep Strike and attack with Hellions too!

Sybarite
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 07:21

Not to mention reavers. If they are just as fast as raiders, they can charge with them and keep enemy from wrapping around, assuring wyches a charge next turn.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 09:20

Yeah, I'm thinking that our best melee units in 8th will be the ones that are fast without transports.

CptMetal wrote:

I think that's been a collective hope for a few editions now. Wink

amishprn86 wrote:

Shredder has pros and cones vs flamers, 12" vs 8" but needs to hit vs auto hits, S6 but only D3 wounds.

Personally, I'd much rather have the Flamer. I don't think that 4" of range is worth losing half your shots *and* not having them auto-hit.

What's more, any time the Flamer fires it fires at full effect. Meanwhile, the Shredder suffers all the penalties of to-hit modifiers and snapshotting.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 30 2017, 20:08

Creeping Darkness wrote:
Troops are optional, but provide easier access to command points. 2 HQ and 2 Troops = 3 command points, 1 HQ + 2 non-Troops = 1 command point.

So having a core of Troops can help anchor your army around being able to do what it does better, via command points.

Your analysis is still correct and helpful but just so you know it's 2 HQ and 3 Troops. I know, I was caught off guard by the change at first too. That said I like it because it means more troops.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2