THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

White & red dark eldars

Go down 
+19
Falke
TheBaconPope
Rhivan
Ikol
RedRegicide
Cavash
Diurach
Lord Nakariial
Cherrycoke
wormfromhell
mightydoughnut
inevitable_faith
lmrz
Bedlam55
Ynneadwraith
Scrz
Marrath
Squidmaster
spellcheck2001
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

White & red dark eldars Empty
PostSubject: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 11:17

Hi there !

I'm not a big player (as I tend to roll horrendously in my games) but I'm a long time painter and I've spent several years on paiting an unusual color scheme for my dark eldar army.

I've chosen to paint them mostly white, with a little red and touches of greenish blue.
As I don't play much, I've painted every miniature as if it was my general, with lots of love and patience, and I'm pretty happy about the results.

Years after years it has became a massive army, and after dropping a couple of blog posts with pictures, i've become kinda lavy and mostly uploaded on my personnal facebook account, with pretty few visibility.

Anyway, time has come for a change, and I've decided to clean up this stuff and show to the world my (barbaric and sadistic, yet beautifull) babies.

2 points

The website

Beeing a web developper, I've started working on an independant/custom website that will be dedicated to my army.
Currently I'm 90% done with my boilerplate and will soon be working on the content.

The big deal here is to provide great pictures (both optimized for desktop and mobile), but also the stories about the miniatures, the choices made for the conversions, etc. etc. I'll also add some Work in progress if some of you guys are interested in conversions ^^.

The photoshoot

I used to take pictures on my desk, near my paintings and other miniatures, and the result was okay.

I had a day off this wednesday, and cleaned-up my old "Armies on parade" board and used it for a massive photo shoot.
All miniatures dusted off, natural light, tooks photos turning around the board (and not turning the miniatures) in order to add landscape consistency... It was painfull (~6 hours of reparations/shootings/etc.) but it finally paid with near 180 clean photos.

Here's a couple pictures of what will the website contains.

White & red dark eldars DSC_0550
White & red dark eldars DSC_0551
White & red dark eldars DSC_0559
White & red dark eldars DSC_0561
White & red dark eldars DSC_0613
White & red dark eldars DSC_0633
White & red dark eldars DSC_0635
White & red dark eldars DSC_0637
White & red dark eldars DSC_0718

And a cleaner look to my avatar miniature
White & red dark eldars DSC_0573

I also tend to drop off during my project, I really hope you'll like my miniatures, and maybe have some support Razz

Cheers

White & red dark eldars 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / White & red dark eldars 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points

Last edited by masamune on Mon Sep 25 2017, 12:14; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited title)
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 22:42

Sounds great Smile I look forward to seeing your stuff.

Your pic appears to be missing though, unless it's just me

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08 2017, 10:03

Not just you.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 14:21

I wasn't by my home when I posted the thread, and I forgot to put 'em in the cloud.
I'll edit this post this evening to add some Wink

Edit : Pictures uploaded on the first post. I really hope you'll enjoy them.

White & red dark eldars 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / White & red dark eldars 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 08:29

Pictures are up =)

Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 09:59

They look amazing. The freehand is really good, and the special effects on the weapons are cool.
White is a hard color to work with. I'm not brave enough to use it for anything but extreme highlights myself.
More closeups of the harlies please. Smile

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 10:17

@Scrz Thanks a lot *-*

Yeah I'm painting them for several years now, i got 5-6 different techniques for painting white x')
(using the latest future kabalite warriors).

Harlies have been painted with the methods of an old 'eavy metal tut in a wayyyyyyy older white dwarf, I'll add some pictures this evening Smile
They took really long to paint (and I still have chills when i think about diamonds) but I really like the result.
I got the starweaver to paint, but I still suffer from DPTSD // Diamond Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Regarding the website, I'm almost done with basic html structure. Should be good this evening.
After that I'll set a coupe of style, and then add the content & put the website online.
If I manage to get some free time I'd live it to be good around the end of the week end.

Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 10:27

What Scrz said, outright gorgeous army!

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 17:38

@Marrath Thanks a lot =)

@Scrz Added a couple of Harlequins pics to first post ^^

Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 07:24

masamune wrote:

@Scrz Added a couple of Harlequins pics to first post ^^

Yay!
Those diamonds man. I think they are the main reason my harlequin army is still on sprue...
But if I can get them to look as good as yours it might be worth it.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 10:05

I'm not gonna lie, it was a real pain in the end.

If you want some advice regarding diamond paintings

1. paint the whole surface with the brighter color (i started with the purple and couldn't see anything x')).

2. Use a thin pen/marker to draw your diamonds (really water diluted abbadon black do the trick too) and neat them up roughly. This is mandatory if the pattern goes over different limbs, cf. 3.
> I recommand the official GW tut, which pretty much resemble the olg white dwarf tuts and works great.
duncan <3

3. Roughly color 1 diamond on too, and check if the pattern is correct.
> Sometimes when you turn around a leg or an arm, the diamonds connects perfectly but you end up with an uneven number of diamonds. Consequences are that when you add the color, there will be 2 diamonds of the same color touching.
>> If so, either manage to correct the pattern (thin or fatten some diamonds) or paint the "same color" touching diamonds where they can't be seen Rolling Eyes

4. After that, don't clean your grid. Just straight (re)paint the base color of your diamonds, darker first, 2 thin coats.

5. Carefully shadow your diamonds, both bottom edges, with darker color & lahmia, 1:1 ratio
5.2 Shadow only the tip of your diamonds with the same painting (transparency will make it darker on the bottom edge.

6. & 6.2 same thing with the highlight, on the upper edges (i usually use an even brighter color for the top edge highlight, but be sure to lahmia it)

7. Finally, reaaaallly carefully paint your grid with diluted ab. black ( 1:1 ab. black: lahmia). The transparency will help not to destroy your diamond work if you mess up a bit, and will add some smoothness to the transition.
And if it isn't dark enough you can still redo the line.

Also if you're a masochist, you can paint each diamond the same way you paint a gem.
Found this on a pretty old White dwarf.
Did this on shadowseer, death jester & solitaire. It's reaally long, but the result is worth it if done carefully.

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13 2017, 10:34

Well these guys are stunning! Great work!

If you like painting each dude/dudette/twisted abomination then you might like the INQ28-style of small warbands of 6-10 heavily personalised dudes, and general smaller scale and fine grained look at the 40k universe. Not sure how comfortable you are converting, but it seems right up your street Smile

Can't wait to see the fluff/background for these guys too Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13 2017, 14:42

@Ynneadwraith : Thanks :3, Can't to show them all (here's just a sneakpeak)

Yeah I've always loved John Blanch art (both drawings & modelling), but I've always dreamed to actually play on a regular basis my miniatures, and for this you need choices, so a lot of models.
But I might add to my army some smalls groups of heavily converted models.

Regarding conversion, I've always loved it, since my first ever warhammer box.
I remeber taking my 10 guys, and tearing up one apart and placing him all around the Sybarite, with the decapited head in his hand, in order to "teach the other warriors some respect". At the time I was rather young, my parents freaked out haha.
(Now this guy got a promotion, he's the leader of my trueborns :DD)

Most of my minatures are conversions, but mostly subtles ones. I usually glue one model of each kind, and the proceed to alter the dopplegangers (reworking postures, equipements, etc.) and I'm quite good at it.

But I'm not a hardcore converter, buying specific models only to get a specific part for another conversion, I prefer to mix on the go with all spare parts. Or doing it in mass (like my 20 converted wyches, from 10 wyches &  10 (warhammer) aelves witches).

Most background is only in my head for now, can't wait to write it down on the website Wink

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 22:05

Some news here =)

Got busy/sick this week end and couldn't work as much as I intended on the website.
But I work a couple hours tonight and set up the main structure for my first page, about my first kabalite squad.

So I'll add some real content (gotta replace da Lorem ipsum) and adjust some colors, and I'll show you guys ^^

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18 2017, 22:59

Heya,

Despite ~38.5° fever drunken , here's the first page of the future website :

yay dark eldar website

(don't mind the url, I just put it on an old unused subdomain for now).

Do note that the styling of the website is far from beeing finished, and that I've worked mostly on image display & optimisation (I should get advices from a couple of graphic designer friends during the week ^^).

Ps : Even if it's still work in progress, I'll try to add a full squad page every week or two  santa

All comments are welcome Razz, especially from smartphones/tablets, this should be fully responsive

Back to top Go down
Bedlam55
Hellion
Bedlam55

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 13:18

Wow that venom looks amazing, I like the color palette you have pick out to.

Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 10:19

Thanks @Bedlam55 ^^.
I've painted 2-3 years ago, free handed.
The recent razorwing jet is much better Razz

Couldn't work much those past two days because of fever (even if I painted a bit, advanced my 2nd kabalite squad, yay), I got weird fever dreams the other night that gave me some ideas for the website design.
Luckily I woke up and write them down on some post-its ; despite having absolutly no memories of doing so xD

I'll try to code them this week end Smile (and also I need to check some css style things, I want my 100/100 on pagespeed (google tool to rate website performance)

Anyway thanks you all for you support, I really appreciate and it's motivating to get further and having more stuff to show <3

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24 2017, 23:30

Here's a new page about wyches.

This was exhausting, but I'm glad I took the time to did it.
I've added somes fixes about images (should load properly and adaptively on every support now) and also added transition from pages to pages (no more white background flashing Smile)

From now on I'll mostly works on traduction & getting a final design on.
It might goes slower, as there is Armies on parade soon and I still got some paintings to do before
- Finish kabalites warriors (60%)
- Finish Venom (~20%)
- Start Archon, & harlequins transport

Cheers all, really hope you'll enjoy, very few peoples have seen my army and I'm still open for constructive returns.

Back to top Go down
lmrz
Hellion
lmrz

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25 2017, 00:23

Nice one! I love the colour scheme.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11 2017, 14:40

Well, after more than a month and a half, I just don't have time to work regulary on my website.

I'll try to have ~a post a week here to introduce my army, and keep you guys aware of what's going on.

Last works were for the beasts squad, I managed to paint my 6th RWFlock, and my 3rd clawed fiend in order to be correct with 8th edition rules (squad sizes).

Also I finally took the time to add armorcast plasma's shots to all vehicules, which looks great (just need to green stuff the big ones on raiders).

White & red dark eldars 17091110

I used the small ones, but medium could work too I guess.
Also in the background I (finally) finished some backgrounds for my armies on parade terrain.

Currently working on my 2nd Venom, and just bought the Ynead triumvirat.
Next works will be archon, Sslyth, and having some fixes on the whole army for the armies on parade Smile

Ps : thanks to your advices, I finally moved to wet palette (I took the time to do it nice and clean) and it's really great, I'm using roughly 3 times less paint, and it's much more confortable for long painting sessions. Thanks again !

Cheers

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14 2017, 12:50

Hi there,

Got some time and a couple of productive days during the last week, so I'll post my progresses here.

Firstly, I finally finished my 2nd venom, who was mid-painted for like 6 months.
Got new brushes and took time and effort for faces and flags.

White & red dark eldars 17091420
White & red dark eldars 17091419
White & red dark eldars 17091418
White & red dark eldars 17091421
White & red dark eldars 17091417
White & red dark eldars 17091416

Also even if I didn't like wet pallete (already tried it several years ago, was a mess) I lsten to you guys advices and tried again, but this time with tutorials, time & effort.
And it works freaking great. It sure take more tim to set up, but there is confort for long painting sessions & I use roughly 4x less paint.

White & red dark eldars 17091422

To finish, I wated to do some modelling to, so I did 2 things.
First off, I set up the armorcast missile effect (several pinning + varnish on metal) on a razorwing missile. Can't wait to see it painted & mounted, I guess it will look awesome *-*
White & red dark eldars 17091423

And also, I took the time to assemble the archon (birthday present from april).
But I wasn't sold with the posture and the face, so I did a conversion (how surprising..)
White & red dark eldars 17091424

That the conversion with the most random & numerous parts I've ever assemble.

Base : archon 7th
Legs : old hellions (got spare parts for cheap)
Head : Wyches
Left arm : Beastmaster agoniser, converted for a good grip
Right arm : Sslyth punch glove + Kabalite warrior blaster.

Got ~6-7 pinning but it was worth it, that was fun x)

Also I got carried a way and converted another old archon
White & red dark eldars 17091425

Sooooooo, right now, working on
- Paint effect on misslie & mount it
- Finish Lhammaeananenane (need to add dress runes)
- Finish Shadowseer (need to redo back ribbons)
- Assemble Ynead triumphvirat

Then I'll paint archon, albino sslyth & maybe DL scourges, not sure ^^

Also, I bought a feldherr backpack, I'll keep you guys up with that too.

Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14 2017, 18:07

Good update dude, glad to see lots is going on. That venom looks great and the archon conversion looks like it's shaping up nicely. Out of curiosity what happened to the venom though, it looks to have gotten a wing clipped.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14 2017, 21:18

Thanks. Currently I'm working a lot on my miniatures for armies on parade, and as I'm a freelance I can take a liiiiiiiiittle more time from work (my boss is totally okay with that Very Happy).

Usually I just took pictures and store them, without using it, because I want to put them on my own website, but it's a lot of work as it's still in construction and I got not much spare time for it.

But lots of stuff is happening and I'll post here, it's faster and it's a pleasure to share with you guys Razz

@inevitable_faith : No, it's absolutely not due to some travels and stuff, no no no, I swear it's legit battle damage Rolling Eyes

Got some stuff done today, I'll write a tutorial and then post the whole stuff Smile

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14 2017, 22:23

Shadowseer w. domino effect

So, for today, I finally finished painting my shadowseer, it was missing a nice domino effect than I finally did, and if some of you are interested, I made a tutorial in the forum < step by step, with loats of pictures.

Here's what the result looks like
White & red dark eldars Masamu39
White & red dark eldars Masamu40
White & red dark eldars Masamu42
White & red dark eldars Masamu43
White & red dark eldars Masamu41
White & red dark eldars Masamu38

Razorwing jet missile

And then to diversify, I painted the Razorwing jet missile at the same time.
The flame & smoke are from armorcast cinematic effects (if I remember it was this one "Missile/Rocket/RPG Launcher Upgrade") and with a little pinning it looks pretty neat.

I'll be honest it made my day when I saw the result Razz
White & red dark eldars Razorw12
White & red dark eldars Razorw10
White & red dark eldars Razorw11

Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15 2017, 07:01

The shadowseer looks fantastic, the diamonds are a very cool effect that makes it stand out. Checked out the tutorial and it's a brilliant idea. The missile on the Razorwing adds such dynamism to the model, coupled with the tilted pose on the stand and it's a great model shown mid-fight in the action. Great work all around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White & red dark eldars
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next