THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ouranos : the power engine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Ouranos : the power engine Empty
PostSubject: Ouranos : the power engine   Ouranos : the power engine I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 12:19

Here is a concept i've been having around my head for a while.
The Ouranos engine is a power harvester that Haemonculi use to make their complex machinery work inside their laboratories. Sometimes, they bring it onto the battlefields. Those engines are indeed designed to generate electricity from the brains of nearby living specimen (which is detrimental to their health and well-being). The harvested power can be transfered to nearby machinery, or used into the gigantic magnetic gun that the engine carries along, causing a power overheat on any vehicle it would happen to be aimed at.

Ouranos Engine 185pts.
M 10 (fly), WS 4+, BS4+, S5, T6, W6, A3, Ld9, Sv4+, Inv 5+
It is equipped with Power Harvesters and the mighty Ouranos Cannon.

Weapons
Power harvesters
This weapon hits every MODEL within 12" (friend or foe) with S3 AP-. Every model that loses a Wound by this weapon grants the Engine a power token.
Ouranos Cannon
Assault X, Range 24", S4, AP-1. When firing this weapon, you have to spend between 1 and 12 power tokens. X is equal to the amount of power token spent. When firing against a vehicle, every wound roll of 4+ inflicts a mortal wound. If the target is a vehicle, and is destroyed, any wound/mortal wound in surplus is converted into a power token.

Special rules :
Magnetic shield : this engine has an improved invulnerable save against shooting attacks that depends on the amount of power token it currently has. This does not spend the power tokens.
0-2 : 5+
3-6 : 4+
7+ : 3+
Power provider : at any moment, you can spend power tokens to boost a single vehicle within 6" of the Ouranos. You can spend 1 power token to boost the Mvt value of the vehicle by 2", 2 power tokens to grant the vehicle 3 more attacks in cc, and 3 power tokens to add +1 to the vehicle's saves (both normal and invulnerable) until the end of the current phase. Every bonus can be granted once per phase, per vehicle.
Power from Pain

Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Ouranos : the power engine   Ouranos : the power engine I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2018, 05:15

I really like the harvestor idea, think this would be awesome and in keeping with the fluff from covens like the Hex. Any ideas for a coven LOW? I feel like it would fit better than one for our other factions as we already have the tantalus. I'm imagining a similar concept of a huge 'harvestor' pain engine with a similar dynamic but more melee focused with similar loadouts to a combined Talos/Cronos could also make use of your magnetic shield and power harvesters
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Ouranos : the power engine   Ouranos : the power engine I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2018, 11:27

Mppqlmd wrote:

Power harvesters
This weapon hits every MODEL within 12" (friend or foe) with S3 AP-. Every model that loses a Wound by this weapon grants the Engine a power token.

I don't want to nitpick, but the way this is written you end up hurting your own army too Razz

Apart from that I think it sounds like a fun unit overall. But I'm not sure I would field it because it seems is useless without having a reasonable amount of enemy GEQ at the table.

Edit: Ah, my bad.

Last edited by The Strange Dark One on Sun Jul 29 2018, 13:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Ouranos : the power engine   Ouranos : the power engine I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2018, 11:38

I have a sneaking suspicion that was the intention. Probably as some sort of a balance counterweight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Ouranos : the power engine   Ouranos : the power engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31 2018, 00:11

Hmm - I could see putting cheap warriors around it just to 'power up' a couple shots early game.... although that feels a bit more chaos than DE to me....

What if it were changed to read that every model that dies within 12 inches gives it a token and remove the friend or foe getting hit bit.

As written too, this thing would not be able to shoot it's big gun until turn 2 correct?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ouranos : the power engine   Ouranos : the power engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ouranos : the power engine
Page 1 of 1