THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus

Go down 
+33
RegoCrux
dumpeal
WildCandy
Dalamar
Silverglade
Gorgon
nerdelemental
Myrvn
Rhivan
TeenageAngst
Jimsolo
Skulnbonz
Count Adhemar
Imateria
Subsanity
hekatrixxy
URIEN
Squidmaster
LordSplata
FuelDrop
Devilogical
krayd
Calyptra
lcfr
Burnage
Hellstrom
Mppqlmd
Marrath
Garion
Sarkesian
masamune
Archon_91
amishprn86
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus Empty
PostSubject: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11 2017, 21:45

Rumors saying Pre-orders start on 4th and in store the 11th (at least for the Rumors, it is Confirm that Nids are these dates)

Pic of starter

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22366633_10155530493040325_2034202909874336874_n.jpg?oh=d786d8023cadb0389c66665c1bc85681&oe=5A84D830

Yes this is "currently" not a legal detachment, but the Wraithlord could change the FoC for Wraiths OR there is a new detachment for this starter. We will just have to wait and see.

EDIT:  

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/coming-soon-a-new-codex-for-the-craftworlds/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/craftworld-focus-iyanden-oct-16gw-homepage-post-3/

Last edited by amishprn86 on Mon Oct 16 2017, 18:37; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11 2017, 21:50

So we should be seeing stuff on the community page in about 2 weeks I think ... Excitement!
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 01:57

Nice Smile

Can't wait to see what will they propose for us.
Start collecting covens ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 04:00

Many agreed that the image they teased a few weeks back looked like a wrack tool. Maybe it is a coven box. 10 wracks, 3 grotesques (introducing new box set of 3 in plastic) and a haemonculus. I’d be down for that.
Back to top Go down
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 14:39

I think that per-codex detachments are a thing of the past

What will probably happen is that Wraithguards/Blades will be fielded as a troop choice in an Iyanden army
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 21:26

Mm not really ... The codecies so far still use the BRB detachments ... They just get different rules for different <faction> keywords ... But the entire detachment has to be that faction ... And the need for "troops" isn't there anymore as on sec will extend to "Infantry" and not the 7th Ed definition of "troops" so that means anything; elites, troops, fast attack, that have the <Infantry> designation would get ob sec, granted I haven't seen anything about this other than rumors ... But that's my take away on it, so Wraithguard/blades wouldn't need a battlefield role change from "elite" to "troops" (I don't know of any army that does this in the current edition anyway so...)
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 22:41

Our Wracks moved from Elite to Troops, if i remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 22:55

Archon_91 wrote:
Mm not really ... The codecies so far still use the BRB detachments ... They just get different rules for different <faction> keywords ... But the entire detachment has to be that faction ... And the need for "troops" isn't there anymore as on sec will extend to "Infantry" and not the 7th Ed definition of "troops" so that means anything; elites, troops, fast attack, that have the <Infantry> designation would get ob sec, granted I haven't seen anything about this other than rumors ... But that's my take away on it, so Wraithguard/blades wouldn't need a battlefield role change from "elite" to "troops" (I don't know of any army that does this in the current edition anyway so...)

To use the start collection as a stand alone box, in Match play as of right now it is an illegal force, that is why we were talking about it and thinking something will change or be added.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 23:05

Not with the unbound army detachment ... But I see your point. .. they might have made them troop choices in the codex ... If so, Awesome!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 23:13

Archon_91 wrote:
Not with the unbound army detachment ... But I see your point. .. they might have made them troop choices in the codex ... If so, Awesome!

Match play doesnt have unbound army.

BUT with that said... gw is kinda wanting players to use Power Levels and the starter mission "Only War". If it is suggest to do this, then yes it is a fully legal army.
Back to top Go down
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 14 2017, 08:10

Archon_91 wrote:

With per-codex detachments I was referring to detachments specific to one codex like the Eldar Warhost or the Necron Decurion

The Objective Secured rule in Chapter Approved will target Troops not Infantry units. So switching Wraithguards/blades to Troops (if this happen) will give Iyanden a big edge and will make the start collecting box valid for a Patrol detachment
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 15 2017, 19:35

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/coming-soon-a-new-codex-for-the-craftworlds/
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 15 2017, 21:07

Pretty sweet special rule for Iyanden Smile

I started a CWE army from the second hand models of all the players that got frustrated by the Index. I'm very excited now Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 15 2017, 23:59

"Next week also sees the Triumvirate of Ynnead repackaged for the new edition. As well as three awesome character models, this set contains full datasheets for everything inside, as well rules for fielding Ynnari detachments in your army, meaning you won’t need anything else to use them with your Craftworlds codex!"

I assume this means there won't be an Ynnari Codex and the rules are just the ones from the Index?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 00:21

Hellstrom wrote:
"Next week also sees the Triumvirate of Ynnead repackaged for the new edition. As well as three awesome character models, this set contains full datasheets for everything inside, as well rules for fielding Ynnari detachments in your army, meaning you won’t need anything else to use them with your Craftworlds codex!"

I assume this means there won't be an Ynnari Codex and the rules are just the ones from the Index?

This is actually really disappointing, if so. It means the Ynnari are going to wind up being weaker than the Codex armies as they'll always have to take a detachment without any strategies or doctrines.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 02:57

Mm the way I read that is basically I stead of giving the Ynnari a full blown codex they made a mini codex that they will put into the new box set for the ynnari triumvirate that will include updated rules that will put them on par with the codecies and will probably have a couple stratagems but will also say "can use Codex: Craftworld and (eventually) Codex:Druhkari stratagems" or something like that
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 03:14

Im ok with no Ynnari Codex honestly.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 03:17

Burnage wrote:

This is actually really disappointing, if so. It means the Ynnari are going to wind up being weaker than the Codex armies as they'll always have to take a detachment without any strategies or doctrines.

I don't understand why that would be.  If this is related to how keywords work I'm confident the designers will write rules to accommodate them. Likewise the Ynnari can have their own list of Stratagems unique to them.

But I might be overlooking the possible reasoning for this, if so sorry![/quote]
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 03:36

The Ynnari rules must be the ones from the Index or else they'll also be made available elsewhere. I can't imagine forcing players who already have the Ynnari triumvirate to buy those models again just to get the current rules.

None of this means no Ynnari codex. Just no Ynnari codex right now.

And while I care about the Ynnari pretty much not at all, I'm all manner of excited about what the Craftworlds might be getting back! Saim Hann Wildriders and Chiefs? Alaitoc Pathfinders? The Court of the Young King? I'm all atingle.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 06:12

I'm slightly disappointed that the announcement specifically mentions there being 5 craftworld traits in the new book. I was hoping that they would add one or two more to the big 5... like, say, Altansar.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 08:05

krayd wrote:
I'm slightly disappointed that the announcement specifically mentions there being 5 craftworld traits in the new book. I was hoping that they would add one or two more to the big 5... like, say, Altansar.

It was obvious, that they will do traits and stuff for big five only. But i think they will mention, that if you want to play different craftworld, you have to pick one of traits in the book.

And i was hoping for Altansar rules as well... Sad
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 08:16

Wouldnt it be nice if they did traits for smaller craftworlds, chapters, warbands and Regiments as web releases? No relics or special strategems even, just a trait for them. It would not require much work tbh.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 08:23

Yeah, you'd think they could have fleshed out one or two of the other Craftworlds in addition to the five major ones, considering they just blew one of those five major ones up.

But just getting the rules for those five (or four and a fraction?) Craftworlds again is so good and so overdue that I can't bring myself to be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 08:59

The ynnari getting their rules repackaged in their box doesn't point to much for me tbh, it just means that a cwe player doesn't have to buy the index and the codex to field a ynnari army in the future.
It does raise the question of how long it may be until they get their own stratagems and fun stuff as why would you go to the effort of repackaging just to change the rules and packaging shortly after that time.
But then this could be just the stratagems released online without any points cost/rule alterations for the models
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 10:29

Wait.....five?

The Facebokok post says SEVEN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus   Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar soon, new Starter "OFFICIAL DATE" and Iyanden Focus
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next