THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapter Approved Rumors

Go down 
+22
Skulnbonz
yellabelly
Garion
sweetbacon
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
hekatrixxy
CptMetal
finfarafin
krayd
Lord Asvaldir
Sarcron
Cerve
velaresh
amishprn86
DevilDoll
Archon_91
Karr4x
Squidmaster
AzraeI
Burnage
Genomir
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 12:00

and nothing touched the grotesques

and the poor heatlance remains useless
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 12:06

Beasts and the Court not getting tweaked makes me feel like GW just want those models to stop existing, which isn't entirely unreasonable of them.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 12:09

Only weapon change seems to be Dark Lances at -5.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 13:26

ravager +15 on top of razorwing +10 ...seriously? so basically a 45-75 point increase on all competitive lists... amazing

Did the tantalus get touched at all?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 13:33

No, the Tantalus is still 400 points.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 13:33

Incubi, Hellions, Mandrakes, Reavers, Drazhar <3 Finally!!!
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 13:39

Burnage wrote:
No, the Tantalus is still 400 points.

lol so did they actually overhaul forgeworld units and decide the tantalus is fine at 400..?
im speechless...
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 13:46

Cerve wrote:
Incubi, Hellions, Mandrakes, Reavers, Drazhar <3 Finally!!!

I dunno if this is going to be enough for Hellions, but Drazhar and Incubi in particular seem hugely more attractive now. 30 Ynnari Incubi will destroy things and they're only 420 points...
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 14:11

do you think there is a reason now to take dark lances on a test of skill airwing? they cost the same as dissies and they might benefit more from the obsession no?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 14:27

DevilDoll wrote:
ravager +15 on top of razorwing +10 ...seriously? so basically a 45-75 point increase on all competitive lists... amazing

It seems GW has yet to work out that these things aren't taken because they're too cheap. They're taken because there's nothing else to fulfil the same role.

If you make Dark Reapers more expensive, Eldar players looking for long-range anti-tank/anti-elite firepower might look to War Walkers or Wraithlords or Fire Prisms or Vypers or Support Weapons etc.

If you make Ravagers more expensive, what do Dark Eldar have? They have no other HS choices with long-range guns and indeed Kabal have no other HS choices at all. I guess you could take Scourges, but then you're paying for a Flying unit that doesn't want to move and which can only take one of the two weapons available to Ravagers.

DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 14:41

Soulless Samurai wrote:
DevilDoll wrote:

It seems GW has yet to work out that these things aren't taken because they're too cheap. They're taken because there's nothing else to fulfil the same role.

If you make Dark Reapers more expensive, Eldar players looking for long-range anti-tank/anti-elite firepower might look to War Walkers or Wraithlords or Fire Prisms or Vypers or Support Weapons etc.

If you make Ravagers more expensive, what do Dark Eldar have? They have no other HS choices with long-range guns and indeed Kabal have no other HS choices at all. I guess you could take Scourges, but then you're paying for a Flying unit that doesn't want to move and which can only take one of the two weapons available to Ravagers.

yes i agree 100% and thats why i thought they didnt touch these units like ever in the previous CA because they get it... guess i was wrong

but apart from this man i cannot express enough my disappointment at the tantalus not getting down... This hurt the most out of anything
Back to top Go down
velaresh
Hellion
velaresh

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 14:50

DevilDoll wrote:
do you think there is a reason now to take dark lances on a test of skill airwing? they cost the same as dissies and they might benefit more from the obsession no?

I hate them my problem with lances is the random damage, but now they are more attractive the same as voidraven.

Douch Ravagers , the clasic black heart spearhead up to 477 points. The list I was playing rose 15 points for this.

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 15:06

Part of me is reconsidering Dark Lance Scourges, 120 points for them isn't too bad.

They're still super fragile compared to a Ravager, though, and can't benefit from Archon rerolls...
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 15:19

Burnage wrote:
Part of me is reconsidering Dark Lance Scourges, 120 points for them isn't too bad.

They're still super fragile compared to a Ravager, though, and can't benefit from Archon rerolls...

if they had some kind of way to bypass the -1 to hit heavy weapons they would be amazing coupled with fire and fade
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 15:29

How about a raider gunboat with trueborn?
5 trueborn with two dark lances in a dark lance raider are 165 compared to the ravagers 140
you also have space for 5 additional kabalites
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 15:49

I was expecting a dissie nerf more than a ravager nerf.

Since the list that I'm currently experimenting goes a bit heavy with test of skill/berserk fugue jetbikes, The point bonuses/penalties should mostly even out.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 15:54

AzraeI wrote:
and nothing touched the grotesques

and the poor heatlance remains useless

I've had some success with heat lance reavers with test of skill, though so far, I've only taken one unit with them, as I don't have enough points to give everyone blasters. Though they are also pretty good at murdering certain characters - completely melted a deathwatch librarian with them and shut off his null zone.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 16:30

yeah...... i was really hoping Hellions and Tantalus went down by a good amount. NOPE. Guess those 2 units will still not see play outside of Apoc.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 17:04

DevilDoll wrote:

I wouldn't bother. With ToS, Dissis are still stronger against targets with an invul save.
DL have always been more efficient against non-invul tanks (e.g. Rhinos) but remain the much more versatile choice.

GW should have swapped the cost of Lances with Dissis and be done with it (as everybody has been suggesting since release).
Back to top Go down
velaresh
Hellion
velaresh

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 17:12

Seeing the current difference between a ravager 140 points and a reaper 150 points. A custom coven reaper with +1 to wound and damage and +1 T for the haemoncolous becomes useful.

Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 17:57

I could see a place for a dark technomancer reaper, the problem for me remains picking up a rather expensive FW model. I don't see the ravager increase as terrible though, in my standard 3x ravagers list I was already taking 1 dark lance ravager because I have one modeled that way from pre-codex, so it's only a 30pts increase, which is then immediately offset by taking 2 archons and having their pts go down 15 as well. It's not ideal, but it really could have been a lot worse. Dissies didn't go up, the rumored talos increase didn't happen, and reavers in particular got a sizeable decrease which means I will definetly be using test of skill reavers more frequently. I was hoping for more equipment changes, especially for the liquifier gun and other rather meh coven melee choices, but o well.

Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 05:18

The point increase to Ravagers does sting a bit but I’m not too disappointed because Grotesques came down 3ppm(!). PoF Grotesques were arguably the best unit in the codex at 35ppm but a point decrease for them in addition to the decrease for Drazhar, Incubi, Mandrakes, and Archons makes CA 2019 a net positive in my book, as the decrease to the Archons and Grotesques should just about cover the points increase for the Ravagers.
Back to top Go down
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 10:26

sweetbacon wrote:
The point increase to Ravagers does sting a bit but I’m not too disappointed because Grotesques came down 3ppm(!).  

They did not unfortunately. No changes for Grotesques or their wargear

My blog: A painting chaos
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 10:55

the net loss in competitive lists is about 40-50 points. Couple that with the changes in the recent Phoenix rising faq and we clearly did NOT come out positive but it could be much worse so we gotta suck it up and keep walking ^_^
hopefully we are one of the first factions to get a new codex around the middle of next year till then i dont see anything else happening in our front

final salt: RIP hopes and dreams about removing the dust of my tantalus
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 11:12

Yea agree with much of what has been said. This hasn't been a disaster for Drukhari, but there is simply no getting away from the fact that we have gone down a tier.
Overall, our internal codex balance has improved with drops to reavers, Hellions, mandrakes, Incubi etc. But in terms of the bigger picture of 40k we took a nerf here. Marines remain untouched, quite a few armies got considerable point drops across the board, meanwhile our stronger units got points bumps.
Just means we will have to work a bit harder to take slaves, and it's unlikely to see pure Drukhari taking top spot at events unless something comes along to nerf some of the big dogs.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Approved Rumors
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next