THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapter Approved Rumors

Go down 
+22
Skulnbonz
yellabelly
Garion
sweetbacon
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
hekatrixxy
CptMetal
finfarafin
krayd
Lord Asvaldir
Sarcron
Cerve
velaresh
amishprn86
DevilDoll
Archon_91
Karr4x
Squidmaster
AzraeI
Burnage
Genomir
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 12:45

Well...I am happy overall. I guessed Dissies at +5 points, but they bumped up Ravagers (+15, 3 Dissies) and Razorwing (+10, 2 dissies) so not really a surprise here.
But we got discount on Archons and Grots, so yes just a little bump overall. triRavagers is far for being dead.

And I love the point decrease overall. I'm pretty interested in Reavers, at 16 points they're cheap! You can swarm them now. I like Mandrakes too, I was using them before and I'll play them now. Embarked Mandrakes are pretty good.

Incubi are stunning now on Ynnari detatchment. And Drazhar for 100 points it's nearly mandatory. He is an huge beatstick, expecially if warlord (even if you're going to lose him thougth).

Ynnari got a indirect boost because of Hellions, Reavers, Incubi points drop. I can figure an Outrider Detatchment with them.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 13:25

Grotesques haven't gone down in price, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 14:29

Ah, my mistake. I forgot to include the cost for their Flesh Gauntlets.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 14:37

Oh, +3 for the blade right?
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 14:56

Yes, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 15:43

That's fine. I thought GW were going to push up their price so if they stay at 35 they still super good.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 18:40

What the points in changing them but making the weapon cost more? The traits dont give a FG +1 to hit....

Anyways. I'm putting away Ravagers now for sure. I already was about to. Its so stupid they went up in points. Well now i'll do what i was thinking of doing, 5 DT Raiders and 6 DT Venoms, and 6 Talos, with a +1 to charge, my goal is to rush up 30 Wracks turn 2, with re-rolls it should be easy. Tested it out once and it worked out really well.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 18:57

amishprn86 wrote:
What the points in changing them but making the weapon cost more? The traits dont give a FG +1 to hit....

Nothing about them has changed here. They were 32 in the Codex and they're 32 in Chapter Approved, it's just that a lot of initial leaks forgot that they came equipped with Flesh Gauntlets automatically (which adds another 3 points to them). It's the same reason that a lot of early rumours said that Venoms were going down ten points - people forgot that they come with one Splinter Cannon by default.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2019, 19:29

Ah ok, so people not knowing the army lol.

Back to top Go down
velaresh
Hellion
velaresh

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 12:11

amishprn86 wrote:

Anyways. I'm putting away Ravagers now for sure. I already was about to. Its so stupid they went up in points. Well now i'll do what i was thinking of doing, 5 DT Raiders and 6 DT Venoms, and 6 Talos, with a +1 to charge, my goal is to rush up 30 Wracks turn 2, with re-rolls it should be easy. Tested it out once and it worked out really well.

You've inspired me, here in Argentina the tournaments are at 1500 points but I think I can get 3 venons, 3 raiders and 5 talos with darktechnomancers. It will be weird to play without the shots of the ravagers. Surely add a black heart battalion with 3 squads of kabalites with blasters and two archons with blasters.

Another subject:
Was the shardnet and impaler point increase justified?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 12:19

velaresh wrote:
Another subject:

Like so many changes in CA it probably would have been before the Marine meta. Trapping enemy Infantry in combat doesn't feel too strong now when they're probably just going to punch your Wyches to death anyways.
Back to top Go down
velaresh
Hellion
velaresh

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 12:31

Burnage wrote:
velaresh wrote:
Another subject:

Like so many changes in CA it probably would have been before the Marine meta. Trapping enemy Infantry in combat doesn't feel too strong now when they're probably just going to punch your Wyches to death anyways.

Yes new marines destroy witches in combat and overwatch ,only squad with a Acrobatic Display survive a few more turns.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 13:02

velaresh wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

You've inspired me, here in Argentina the tournaments are at 1500 points but I think I can get 3 venons, 3 raiders and 5 talos with darktechnomancers. It will be weird to play without the shots of the ravagers. Surely add a black heart battalion with 3 squads of kabalites with blasters and two archons with blasters.

Another subject:

Shardnets went up? By how much?

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 13:03

Wait, Shardnet goes up in points?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 13:10

They've gone up to 8.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 13:16

Why nerf wyches at all? No one plays them heavily and they are not in the meta.... so stupid.

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 13:46

Mmm, acceptable. 4++ in melee and no retreat are 2 super good combo. And it has damage2 even, yeah I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 13:56

Anyone hear if any of the following got a points adjustment?
Hornets
Warp Hunter
Lynx
Corsair Jetbikes

Thanks

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 14:02

Skulnbonz wrote:
Anyone hear if any of the following got a points adjustment?
Hornets
Warp Hunter
Lynx
Corsair Jetbikes

Thanks

Hornets are down 10.
Warp Hunters no change.
Lynx no change.
Corsair Cloud Dancers are down 4.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 15:24

amishprn86 wrote:
Why nerf wyches at all? No one plays them heavily and they are not in the meta.... so stupid.

I mean it's not that bad of an increase. If you're taking say 3 wych squads, that's only a 9pts increase, hardly a fatal change. And seems a fair number of people have been using wych units, their utility of tying units up in melee hasn't changed. That being said shock assault has made using wyches against marines a bit of a hassle, you really need a lot of them to take on a marine unit.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 23:25

And SM gets that rule now for free, on better bodies. And it only works on infantry, in which we are 99% likely to kill off or be killed and we we are not we will just wrap them. I have been playing 30 Wyches with 9 Nets for a lot time now (I just like wyches) out of 30+ games, not once did the net rule even matter.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2019, 02:49

Marines get a rule that enemies can't retreat from combat??

Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2019, 04:40

White scars have relic for it. Which also stupidly works on planes

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2019, 05:17

Sarcron wrote:
White scars have relic for it. Which also stupidly works on planes

Unless you're referring to something else, it's a warlord trait. and in the errata it states that it has no effect on units with a minimum move characteristic.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2019, 10:57

Well, I played the nets since the new Codex and I can't count how many times it was usefull. In can giess like 9 time any 10 games.
Multiple times for game.

SM have it as a WL Trait, on 1 Chapter. Our is an equipment on Troop.
and HQs. There'ss no comparison on that, our is way more better.
Night Lords maybe have the best one (no roll) but it is a stratagem. So it's the best, except vs GSC and Vect.

We can argue that anyone can do a pinch. But nets are not good just for that, they're the only weapon at D2 for Wyches which is pretty good in this meta.

PS: don't forget that Succubi w/Shardnet are dope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Approved Rumors
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next