THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems

Go down 
+38
the_scotsman
Dasook
nerdelemental
Myrvn
Faitherun
Kantalla
Ikol
Shingen
helvexis
lament.config
Marrath
Sess
Britishgrotesque
Mikoneo
yellabelly
Skulnbonz
PFI
URIEN
|Meavar
Mppqlmd
The Strange Dark One
TeenageAngst
Archon_91
Silverglade
hekatrixxy
SushiBoy013
Imateria
Count Adhemar
TheBaconPope
FuelDrop
RedRegicide
dumpeal
Vathek
Bad-baden-baden
Rhivan
Sarkesian
Burnage
krayd
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 20:27

Here.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/chapter-approved-2017-deathwatch.html
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 20:31

I mean, if we're only getting one strategem, of course it's going to be Webway Portals.

They certainly don't look bad, but I'm more excited for points updates.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 20:38

What I'm wondering is if, let's say you take a craftworld detachment and a drukhari detachment - can you use 1 webway stratagem for each? Or will things be worded (or FAQ'd) in such a way that all of the various Eldar faction webway stratagems can't stack?
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 21:24

Relic- Pistol 2 R12 S1 AP-2 D2 wounds on a 2+ vehicles on a 6+. For each model killed bearer gains a wound

Am I reading that correctly? It doesn't say heals a wound but gains a wound... could we essentially kill units to raise our max number of wounds? Kill 3 models, you now have 8 wounds?

I doubt it is that, but thats how I am reading it.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 21:38

Well, looks like Kabals haven't gotten any support in terms of Warlord Traits :/
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 21:41

Can anyone help me see the use of webeay portal as written? Because as of now I can't think of anything with perhaps the exception of grotesques that's worth deepstriking.

I was hoping to be able to deepstrike a squad of Talos with a Haemonculus as a big scary distraction, but it only affects infantry, bikes and beasts.

Overall it seems rather "meh" to me.
Back to top Go down
Vathek
Hellion
Vathek

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 22:07

Meh. Nothing particularly great. The free pistol upgrade is ok. The warlord traits are ok. The webway portal is meh. Considering c offices come with a million stratagems I'd hope fo r more than one.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 22:08

Sarkesian wrote:
Relic- Pistol 2 R12 S1 AP-2 D2 wounds on a 2+ vehicles on a 6+. For each model killed bearer gains a wound

Am I reading that correctly? It doesn't say heals a wound but gains a wound... could we essentially kill units to raise our max number of wounds? Kill 3 models, you now have 8 wounds?

I doubt it is that, but thats how I am reading it.

It's how it is written, but keep in mind it's just rumored and not the actual rule as it is really written.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 22:26

Bad-baden-baden wrote:
Can anyone help me see the use of webeay portal as written? Because as of now I can't think of anything with perhaps the exception of grotesques that's worth deepstriking.

I was hoping to be able to deepstrike a squad of Talos with a Haemonculus as a big scary distraction, but it only affects infantry, bikes and beasts.

Clawed Fiends, Khymerae and Hellions being able to charge on the first turn make them phenomenally more attractive to me.

Just imagine six Clawed Fiends or twenty Hellions popping up 9 inches away from the enemy's key units...
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 22:33

It's just sad that as always, pain engines can't use the webway. I miss my beloved Dark Artisan.
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 22:39

Burnage wrote:
Bad-baden-baden wrote:

Clawed Fiends, Khymerae and Hellions being able to charge on the first turn make them phenomenally more attractive to me.

Just imagine six Clawed Fiends or twenty Hellions popping up 9 inches away from the enemy's key units...

Hellion I disagree with unless they get a massive points deduction. They only have a ~30ish percent chance of making that turn one charge. If they fail, they're all dead and theyre dead easily leaving you scratching your head 340 points shorter.

Clawed fiends is an attractive option except for the fact you need a beast master with them, meaning you're throwing down 3 CP for these two units. It could be worth It, but I'm not entirely convinced. I'd need to run clawed fiends more to really get an opinion on them.

But all that being said, it's sad that our most exciting stratagem is just... not even exciting to theorycraft about.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 22:44

I think I’d rather do s blob of grots, incubi or wyches. They can run in and tie up enemies for a turn or two while the rest of my army moves up. Hellions and beasts are already fast enough. Use the CP to replace transports
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 22:56

Why can we only use it once per battle? I mean Raven Guard and Alpha Legion can infiltrate half an army, why is it OP that we deep strike more than one unit?
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 23:05

RedRegicide wrote:
I think I’d rather do s blob of grots, incubi or wyches. They can run in and tie up enemies for a turn or two while the rest of my army moves up. Hellions and beasts are already fast enough. Use the CP to replace transports

I thought about wyches as well, but the investment you'd be putting into them is far greater than any return you'd get. And again, were left with the problem of just how unreliable a deep strike charge is. The only thing worse than losing ~6 wyches to overwatch is losing 6~ wyches to overwatch and failing the charge.
If you fail, the wyches are dead and you're left reconsidering your life choices.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 23:09

Quote :
Why can we only use it once per battle? I mean Raven Guard and Alpha Legion can infiltrate half an army, why is it OP that we deep strike more than one unit?

My thoughts exactly. Why is it so limited, as well? If Tallarn can psudeo-DS a squadron of three russes and ignore movement of heavy weapons, I don't see why we can't have a Trueborn Venom drop down at 9"
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 23:23

If that's all we're getting out of Chapter Approved then I very much doubt that I'll bother buying it.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 11 2017, 01:14

Bad-baden-baden wrote:
RedRegicide wrote:

I thought about wyches as well, but the investment you'd be putting into them is far greater than any return you'd get. And again, were left with the problem of just how unreliable a deep strike charge is. The only thing worse than losing ~6 wyches to overwatch is losing 6~ wyches to overwatch and failing the charge.
If you fail, the wyches are dead and you're left reconsidering your life choices.

What if we go Beasts for turn 1 since they don’t get any bonuses anyway? Or do wyches turn 2 so we have re rolls. By turn 2 our other assault units will be close enough to help.

Alternatively, we could DS a disgusting amount of kabalites. 80 posion shots
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 11 2017, 01:48

RedRegicide wrote:
Bad-baden-baden wrote:
RedRegicide wrote:

What if we go Beasts for turn 1 since they don’t get any bonuses anyway? Or do wyches turn 2 so we have re rolls. By turn 2 our other assault units will be close enough to help.

Alternatively, we could DS a disgusting amount of kabalites. 80 posion shots

I think dropping 40 bare-bones kaballites would be pretty hilarious, actually. For only 280 points you have a 40 man blob that your opponent needs to deal with. That's some ork levels of spam.
Still, it's personally not the play style I'm looking for with dark eldar; I like our vehicles going fast and our scary monsters appearing from nowhere more than I do a disgusting, poisonous, massed wave of kabllite bodies.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 11 2017, 02:20

TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :

My thoughts exactly. Why is it so limited, as well? If Tallarn can psudeo-DS a squadron of three russes and ignore movement of heavy weapons, I don't see why we can't have a Trueborn Venom drop down at 9"

I imagine that, at least in the eventual codex, it will be set up like the Craftworld codex, with one stratagem for 'webway strike', which affects infantry, bikes, and beasts, and something that is the equivalent of the craftworld 'cloudstrike' stratagem, which affects vehicles.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 11 2017, 02:23

I think I’ll def be paying the three points.

Question is: beasts for turn 1 distraction

Or elite units dropping in turn 3 so they have re rolls and +1 to hit
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 11 2017, 03:17

I'd definitely run a large squad of Clawed Fiends and a Beastmaster so that I don't have to lose a couple of them as they run across the board. The main problem is that they are the only units I see any real value in using this strategem on, Grotesques are do the same thing but wors eand for more points whils tother infantry can use transports. Hellions might gain as they generally don't survive getting across the board but I'd leave them until turn 2 so they get the re-roll to charges and the lack of AP on Helglaives is still a problem.

Generally I would have much prefered it if they gave us Cloud Strike rather than Webway Assault.
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 11 2017, 03:34

I'm reserving judgement till I see official writing...but for the time being, I'm underwhelmed to say the least. I'm truly hoping we see some significant retooling of the mechanics/points of our army. I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling from this.

1) So my wyches are generating a few more hits that still don't wound.
2) I'm using a webway portal to plop a unit of <insert any infantry, beast, bike squad here> 9" away
   from units that I want to be 24"-36" away from given significant inability to generate wounds in
   melee
3) I'm not sure what I'm suppose to take away from the wording of the coven ability. Is that the
   warlord trait? My 5 wound warlord can generate up to D3 wounds?
4) Like many have stated...the rumored wording on the pistol's ability to "GAIN" wounds sounds
   fishy...so I have to call into question the wording/relevancy of all of these.

Again...I'll wait to see what officially is released, but oof - this is not setting a good precedence imo.

EDIT: I always thought the errata was an opportunity to implement changes that will address major discrepancies & disparities...obviously our Codex isn't out yet, but it begs the question: why even give us..this?

Last edited by SushiBoy013 on Sat Nov 11 2017, 03:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 11 2017, 03:38

Quote :

The author of these certainly wasn't gifted with a significant degree of eloquence or specificity, for sure. I'm fairly certain that trait for the Cults is for the Warlord only. A needed boost, sure, but hardly enough to make Cults viable.
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 11 2017, 03:42

TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :

The author of these certainly wasn't gifted with a significant degree of eloquence or specificity, for sure. I'm fairly certain that trait for the Cults is for the Warlord only. A needed boost, sure, but hardly enough to make Cults viable.

You shed light on my first issue: are these COVEN/CULT/KABAL specific, or Warlord specific...because it kinda alludes to both.

That somehow even feels like a bigger disappointment if it is solely for the Cult warlord. My love for generating hits is only dwarfed by my love for generating wounds, and currently wyches can do the former in spades and the latter none-at-all.

Sorry. Going to take a moment to myself in the corner...
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 11 2017, 03:45

Quote :
You shed light on my first issue: are these COVEN/CULT/KABAL specific, or Warlord specific...because it kinda alludes to both.

Moreover, if these are true, it shows that GW is doubling down on the segregated approach to our sub-factions. As I've stated before, this is concerning to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next