THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Contrast paint

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilson1989
Slave
Wilson1989

Contrast paint Empty
PostSubject: Contrast paint   Contrast paint I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2020, 19:18

Hi guys, first time poster here.

I was wondering if anyone had used contrast only on a Wych Cult and if you could share the results?
I’m looking to give them a bash as I’m very tight for time as a new parent

Cheers and happy raiding!!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Contrast paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast paint   Contrast paint I_icon_minitimeSat May 30 2020, 12:57

I have only limited experience with contrast paints. However, i do not believe they'd work extremely well on wyches. I COULD be wrong, they could work on the flesh, but i wouldn't do it on the clothes.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Contrast paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast paint   Contrast paint I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01 2020, 15:10

Haven't used contrast myself, but did look at them in the store and they walked me through how they work a bit.

It would work nicely for wyches. As Alino says, the flesh would work. As would the hair.

For the clothes, it depends on the colour you're going for. If you're going to do black, then you'll be using the regular Abaddon Black anyway. (I don't think there is a contrast paint for black, but could be wrong).

For the armour, it will also work nicely depending on the colour you're going for. I personally have always done mine with painting them Eschin grey and then several washes of Coelia greenshade. Using contrast would be much the same.
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

Contrast paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast paint   Contrast paint I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2020, 01:36

I just bought and tried my first contrast paint. I got the Fyreslayers collecting box and the fyreslayers flesh contrast paint. I've always disliked painting flesh but the use of it made flesh painting good. Primed them in white then a generous use and they turned out great. As for other things, I've been painting models way to long to try them on armor, weapons or clothing. It was actually a big push,as well as a lot of research before I did the flesh one. Almost felt like cheating.

My old name was *Blackdeath* I love you alien
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Contrast paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast paint   Contrast paint I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2020, 20:37

Dreadblizzaard wrote:
I just bought and tried my first contrast paint. I got the Fyreslayers collecting box and the fyreslayers flesh contrast paint. I've always disliked painting flesh but the use of it made flesh painting good. Primed them in white then a generous use and they turned out great. As for other things, I've been painting models way to long to try them on armor, weapons or clothing. It was actually a big push,as well as a lot of research before I did the flesh one. Almost felt like cheating.

Lol. This is exactly why I didn't make the switch either. I also dislike painting flesh. I get it right every so often, but more often then not I feel like I'm fighting with the miniature. I may have to try the flesh contrast paint.
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

Contrast paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast paint   Contrast paint I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03 2020, 20:42

Exactly. Start with a dark base then light dry brush, wash it then dry brush highlights. Get to much then try to repair, throw model across room, stomp feet, throw tantrum. Haha, not really tongue

Contrast paint 20200506-235213

My old name was *Blackdeath* I love you alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Contrast paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contrast paint   Contrast paint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contrast paint
Page 1 of 1