THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aeldari rumours

Go down 
+12
Sarcron
Kalmah
Burnage
krayd
Patayou
Soulless Samurai
colinsherlow
The Strange Dark One
Dalamar
fisheyes
Zenotaph
Gelmir
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Aeldari rumours - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20 2022, 02:56

It's still going to depend on match-up. If you're facing a lot of W1 models, Neuro Disruptors will outperform Fusion Pistols handily.

That said, unless there are some tremendous advantages in terms of cost and additional abilities for the Neuro Disruptor, the Fusion Pistol will almost certainly outclass it heavily in general.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20 2022, 16:03

Honestly I think the guns will be the same cost. They have different targets. I will hope to never shoot the neuro at any Vehicle with T7+. But lets look at some Blade Guard. If we run 10 man troupe squads with each weapon both will have 80%ish chance of killing 2 blade guard. Fusion will have a 55% chance of killing 3. Neuro only a 10% chance of killing 3. Fusion has more points of failure though, so the marine player decides to transhuman his primaris, now we only kill 1 84% of the time and 2 51% percent of the time. This is where I think the break even point between the 2 weapons are as soon as the target has less wounds than 3 and/or higher toughness than 4 the Nero pistol becomes more efficient because of less rolls involved Roll to hit and Roll for FNP it the target has it. This is vs. hit, wound, save, FNP.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27 2022, 11:28

Anyone want some Avatar pics?

Aeldari rumours - Page 4 De743d6885302a8397098525fce9334a_551

Aeldari rumours - Page 4 451785e81bf01616bbda397e8b71f51c_551

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27 2022, 12:43

Compared to other models of this kind, I'm honestly disappointed. Maybe it's mostly the paintjob that I really dislike.

The flames are a nice touch, but particularly the upper body looks a little... bland.

Edit: Here's a higher quality image.

Aeldari rumours - Page 4 M0jv10zt28e81
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27 2022, 13:59

The left hand looks a little odd. It's kinda weird that the blood seems to start at the top of the wrist, rather than the hand itself.

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2022, 10:12

TL;DR: Corsairs will be a playable for Drukhari and Craftworlds on the tabletop.

Today on Warhammer Community: "But what about Warhammer 40,000? As with the Sisters Novitiate before them, the Voidscarred will have full rules for the tabletop, able to be deployed alongside Aeldari and Drukhari armies."

Link: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/28/lvo-2022-aeldari-corsairs-plunder-the-nachmund-gauntlet-in-kill-teams-next-expansion/

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2022, 14:11

All of one unit of them, presumably.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2022, 15:12

The rumor is that corsairs will be troop choices (at least for Craftworlds).
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2022, 15:26

krayd wrote:

Only in Corsair detachments. Otherwise they'll be Elites (which, with the addition of Dire Avengers and Wraithknights, is looking to be a pretty crowded slot).

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2022, 16:10

With corsairs and Harliquins (supposedly) being playable by both races it kinda feels like this is GW taking one step closer to just pushing all of the Aeldari races into one large faction and splitting it up into subfactions like our Codex is. And for some reason our Codex is the trial run for doin this to a whole bunch of factions to cut back on the growing number of codecies that have to be printed for instance, the inquisition, custodes, and sister of battle will all be thrown into one massive Codex broken into those subfactions ... though they could also just be doin this as a "just because" type thing
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2022, 16:54

Archon_91 wrote:
With corsairs and Harliquins (supposedly) being playable by both races it kinda feels like this is GW taking one step closer to just pushing all of the Aeldari races into one large faction and splitting it up into subfactions like our Codex is. And for some reason our Codex is the trial run for doin this to a whole bunch of factions to cut back on the growing number of codecies that have to be printed for instance, the inquisition, custodes, and sister of battle will all be thrown into one massive Codex broken into those subfactions ... though they could also just be doin this as a "just because" type thing

It feels really strange that Harlequins and Corsairs are apparently going to be usable by us and CWE, yet they only bothered putting them in the CWE book. I guess there was just no room in ours, what with our massive stockpile of units and options. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, there was a time when I would have been dead against any merging of the Eldar factions, but more recently I've come to like the idea. Primarily because GW clearly has no intention of ever expanding on Dark Eldar. So if, for example, I want an HQ choice outside of 'footslogging melee character' and 'another footslogging melee character', it would be nice to be able to take a Farseer or an Autarch or a Shadowseer.

I'll certainly be taking a keen interest in the rumoured Ynnari rules with this end in mind.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28 2022, 23:41

Soulless Samurai wrote:
krayd wrote:

Only in Corsair detachments. Otherwise they'll be Elites (which, with the addition of Dire Avengers and Wraithknights, is looking to be a pretty crowded slot).

I am wondering if the CWE are going to be encouraged to take vanguard and outrider detachments over battalions in some way. After all, fluffwise, unless you're Ulthwe, you shouldn't be taking battalions with a bunch of guardian units (which, as I understand, are the only troops), because most craftworlds don't have many to spare. it would make more sense for their strike forces to be mostly elites and such.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01 2022, 00:07

The codex is apparently going to be 200 pages. My guess is that that's the only reason they put Harlequins, Ynnari and Corsairs in that book as well, or you'd get one normal codex, and 3 codexes of like 15 pages each, including the index. This way, you get a decent book.
I'm really curious to see it in a few weeks.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/31/this-is-the-new-aeldari-codex-and-its-absolutely-enormous/?utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GW_31st_January_Aeldari_Codex_&utm_content=&utm_term=

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01 2022, 19:10

Confirmation that DE can use Harlequins without penalty (so long as you only take them as a single Patrol):

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/01/aeldari-lets-you-bring-a-harlequin-troupe-with-your-battle-forged-armies/

I'm a little curious as to how they'll work with Ynnari. The rumours indicated that you'd need to take 1 CWE unit for each DE unit you took, but made no mention of where Harlequins fit into that.

Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02 2022, 00:27

Soulless Samurai wrote:
The rumours indicated that you'd need to take 1 CWE unit for each DE unit you took, but made no mention of where Harlequins fit into that.

The rule for including harlequins seems to ignore any rule that would make you lose army buffs as long as you don't take more than 1 detachment of harlequins. So unless the ynnari specifically states that you can't inlude harlequins in your army, you'll be able to take them without penalty.

You probably won't be able to include them in Ynnari detachments though.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02 2022, 14:00

Patayou wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
The rumours indicated that you'd need to take 1 CWE unit for each DE unit you took, but made no mention of where Harlequins fit into that.

The rule for including harlequins seems to ignore any rule that would make you lose army buffs as long as you don't take more than 1 detachment of harlequins. So unless the ynnari specifically states that you can't inlude harlequins in your army, you'll be able to take them without penalty.

You probably won't be able to include them in Ynnari detachments though.

I was talking more about Ynnari Harlequins (as it seems Ynnari detachments can be mixed, at least to some extent).

Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02 2022, 16:40

From the Lore it would make sense that Harlequins would ally with Ynnari, but Would not be Ynnari because they would not be Harlequins anymore because they worship the god of death not the laughing god. Let's be fair both theQuins and Ynnari are religious cults, and while they might be aligned is cause their Gods are real and they both seem like a once your in your in for life kind of deal.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03 2022, 14:31

New Battle Focus:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/03/hit-hard-and-fade-away-before-you-get-hit-back-with-the-updated-battle-focus-rule/

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04 2022, 00:38

Soulless Samurai wrote:
New Battle Focus:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/03/hit-hard-and-fade-away-before-you-get-hit-back-with-the-updated-battle-focus-rule/

Holy crap, that is really good! And it sure saves up some CP.

Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04 2022, 18:48

Harlequin's kiss, caress and embrace confirmed to all be the stat-wise and just have different stratagems sadly Sad

all S+1, -2, D2

kiss is 1cp, 6 to wound cause mortal wound for a unit, enemy unit can't take more than 6 mortals from this.

caress is 2cp, ignore invuls, an enemy unit can't be affected by both the kiss stratagem and caress stratagem in the same turn.

embrace is 1 cp, after charge, roll dice equal to num. of embraces, 4+ = mortal

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04 2022, 19:46

It means that embraces might actually see some use from me. Before, I pretty much stuck to caresses and kisses.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04 2022, 20:56

Hang on, am I missing something or is the Embrace vastly better than the Kiss?

The Embrace simply does a mortal wound on a 4+ (1/2 chance per Harlequin).

The Kiss needs to hit and then get a wound roll of 6. That's 4x 2/3 x 1/6 or 4/9.

Granted, it's not a huge gap and the Kiss does have a higher ceiling. Oh wait, no, both are limited to inflicting 6 mortal wounds, maximum.

Oh, and you can use Embrace and Caress but not Kiss and Caress.

Is there something I'm not seeing here? Neutral

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04 2022, 21:01

I think what this is hinting at is you choose one and the whole squad is equipped with it ... which would mean one squad of embrace and one squad of carress both charge a tankier unit and kill it with a mortal wounds dump and whatever little might be left over with cc attacks
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04 2022, 21:01

I think what this is hinting at is you choose one and the whole squad is equipped with it ... which would mean one squad of embrace and one squad of carress both charge a tankier unit and kill it with a mortal wounds dump and whatever little might be left over with cc attacks
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05 2022, 12:44

Autarch and Rangers:

Aeldari rumours - Page 4 Eldritch-Omens17-1536x1057

(Might be from the new Eldritch Omens box?)

I think I might need a flowchart to work out the Autarch's wargear options. Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aeldari rumours
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next