THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aeldari rumours

Go down 
+12
Sarcron
Kalmah
Burnage
krayd
Patayou
Soulless Samurai
colinsherlow
The Strange Dark One
Dalamar
fisheyes
Zenotaph
Gelmir
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05 2022, 13:05

Wow ... thats what the Archons datasheet should look like, so many wargear options we need a spread sheet to figure it out ... looking at this makes me think that Aeldari will be dominating the top tables ... at least foe a little while

The Strange Dark One, Burnage and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05 2022, 13:16

The Banshee mask alone is stronger than many warlord traits or relics. And it's just a basic equipment option.

Buckle up, Craftworlds are going to be real disruptive to the game.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05 2022, 14:41

This says Rangers are Troops though. Didn't the rumours say they were going to be Elites?

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05 2022, 15:37

Archon_91 wrote:
Wow ... thats what the Archons datasheet should look like, so many wargear options we need a spread sheet to figure it out ... looking at this makes me think that Aeldari will be dominating the top tables ... at least foe a little while

Yeah, stuff like this is why I'm seriously considering switching to Eldar.

Why are we never allowed HQs and options like this?

Even with the GW garbage of "we made the new Autarch options compatible with the existing autarchs but you can't use them anyway", it's still leagues ahead of the Archon.

Gelmir wrote:
This says Rangers are Troops though. Didn't the rumours say they were going to be Elites?

I thought it was Dire Avengers that were moving to Elites?

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05 2022, 17:07

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Gelmir wrote:

I thought it was Dire Avengers that were moving to Elites?

Yes, I heard both. I already thought that would be weird as then the only troops left were Guardians.
I'm glad the rumour was wrong though. And I also don't think they meant Rangers on Jetbikes, because those are obviously FA instead of Elites.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06 2022, 14:20

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Yeah, stuff like this is why I'm seriously considering switching to Eldar.

I'm struggling with this as well, but for a different reason. I just can't make heads or tails from our rules anymore. I quit for pretty much a year due to personal reasons, and have been trying to get back into it for months now. But to play the same army that I started in 5th edition, I need so much more than just the core rulebook, codex and Imperial Armour book that were all I needed then... I now need a second codex for my Harlequins, Chapter Approved books, several data slates, errata and other random files for everything (because why would GW just make ONE file that has updated rules and all the point costs). I've really tried to get all the rules toghether, but can't even find a decent list of all the pdf's I need to download to be up-to-date.
I have reached the point where I just gave up again. It's not doable anymore.

Maybe I should just properly start with Craftworld now that they have a new codex that also already includes Harlequins, and don't have a billion additional files I need to look for yet. I already have some models since I bought Blood of the Phoenix, and decided to add a Craftworld starter box.
I hate the reason for wanting to switch though, which is what's holding me back. But the other alternative is quitting until 10th edition might make sense of things again... :S

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07 2022, 17:13

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Hang on, am I missing something or is the Embrace vastly better than the Kiss?

Is there something I'm not seeing here? Neutral

We don't know yet what the point costs are for them. I suspect that the kiss is a lot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10 2022, 01:41

Came across some Harlequin leaks if anyone is interested. No idea if they've been confirmed or not. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the Harlequin strats and such so hopefully most of this will mean more to you than it does to me. xD

Quote :
Quins:

3++ on advance if moving more than 8" for 2CP
No access to fight last
Webway Gate still worthless
Only 3 Warlord Traits, and no more CP regen
No more teleport when charged
No way to get around S4 in melee
Still have stratagems on Fall Back
All clown secondaries are "very bad"
Advance and Charge still alive
Fall back and shoot and charge also still a thing
Fight Twice on Players
Murderous entrance capped at 3 damage
Twilight Fang is same as before, but meh compared to regular weapons
Harlequin Warlord allows Yncarne without penalty
No benefit fo multiple caress/embrace
"They have access to most CW strats. And have some unique. Nothing new beside the weapons strat”

SUBFACTIONS:
"Light. If being shot from more than 12", 1-3 hit rolls always fail. And advance and shoot."
"Twilight. +1 attack when charging and +2" to consolidation move."
"Dark. Fight when killed, improve ap by 1."

LUCK OF THE LAUGHING GOD:
"4 dice + 3d6 (if any double, 1d6 instead) of dices to reroll per BR."
"No no no, my wording was confusing. You get up to +3 dice for a total of 7."
LotLG is free rerolls "Works on anything the command reroll can reroll"
No limitation per unit/phase on use

SHADOWSEER:
Shadowseer has -1 to wound and -1A auras

TROUPE MASTER:
access to 5+ Wound Rolls ignore invulns
No Chapter Master upgrade for TM

TROUPES:
up to 10 man : up to 2 fusion, 11 : up to 4
No benefit fo multiple caress/embrace
13ppm, 5pts for each weapon (including fusion)
4 attacks base
Lead player now has 2W

SKYWEAVERS:
Glaive is +2 -2 dmg2
Bikers get -1 to be hit and no hit rerolls
Bikes are the same cost as before
Skyweavers T4 3W

VOIDWEAVERS:
can be squadroned: "-1 to be hit, no hit reroll, Prismatic canon : -Focus : Heavy 2 s12 ap4 2d3 dmg -Dispertion : 3d3 s5 ap3 dmg1 blast"

SOLITAIRE:
Solitaire has access to -1 to hit and no hit rerolls
"No more relics can be taken. s+2 ap3 dmg2. All weapons keywords. Oh and T4 S4"

-Death Jester: Death jester
Cannon 30" assault 3 S6 -2ap 2dmg, ignore look out sir, shuriken
-Death Jester Pivotal Roles:
Death jester
1. Hit roll of 6 counts as 3 additional hits
2. If shot hits anything but vehicle or monster
a. movement reduce by 2
b. no overwatch or defend
3. No cover, 4+ to wound is 1 MW in addition to normal damage

Phoenix Lord (Baharroth) has ability to teleport to anywhere outside 9" of enemy for consolidate or battle focus
Spider Exarch power clarified to teleport elsewhere on the table
Death Spinners auto-hitting was NOT in the playtest version, was a recent change
Yvraine gets transhuman, reroll psychic tests from gyrinx, Deny 2, 6s to hit do 2MWs and dont go further, weapon damage 2, no more +1 to cast
Spiritseer being "psyker lieutenant" means giving reroll ones to wounds as well as casting
Webway strike works for infantry, bikes, and also harlequins
No transhuman or -1 damage strats for eldar
Runes of Witnessing strat no longer exists

-Warp Spooders have a datasheet ability that let's them move 6" the first time each turn they're targeted for a charge
-Exarch Powers:
1. Once per battle, make a terrain piece which has an enemy unit in difficult terrain and on a 2+ does d3 mortals
2. First time the deep strike get an additional shot with the spinners
3. Once per battle, instead of making a battle focus move, set them up anywhere on the battle field 9" away from enemy
-According to playtest codex leaker recieved, Warp Spooder weapons were NOT flamers and remained 18ppm
-Shadowseer Pivotal Rolls:
1. Any enemy unit within 6" -1 attack
2. Select unit within 12" stop auras from that unit
3. Units within 6" are counted to be an additional 6" away from enemy units for shooting range

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22 2022, 16:39

Death Jester rules have been leaked:

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 EzOks0e

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 PDYurCo

Really excited to use this guy.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22 2022, 17:25

damn! that's some good upgrades!
all of them seems really good by themselves!
i can't wait to see the Cost point for the Death Jester
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22 2022, 17:50

... damn ... now I have to buy the bare minimum in troupes (or proxy) to make a Harliquins detachment ... cause I want to use my death jester again ... and spirit seer too, cause rim gonna guess he's only gonna make the death jester better
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22 2022, 19:18

Kalmah wrote:
damn! that's some good upgrades!
all of them seems really good by themselves!
i can't wait to see the Cost point for the Death Jester

I don't know for sure but I'd guess 50-60pts base.

This is based on our book - the Succubus is 60pts and is PL3 (like the Death Jester), whilst the Archon is 65pts and is PL4. So I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that 60pts is the cut-off point for PL3.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23 2022, 12:46

Anyone interested in weapon profiles?

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 8697b5bf810a303ab17ef94f16876fb0_551

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 5e226ac66b07e255550f84123e46a1a5_551

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 2dc5f18f7d3cc43ea252bb586acebe2e_551

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 579a3d26ec2c01dd4eba1b7ae9f8dc2c_551

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23 2022, 14:42

Anyone else seeing the "Paired hekatarii blades" on the second page there? I wish I could do that on some wyches.... str user with ap-3, I'd drop the splinter pistol in a heart beat, even if it could only be done on a succubus or hekatrix ...
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23 2022, 15:03

Archon_91 wrote:
Anyone else seeing the "Paired hekatarii blades" on the second page there? I wish I could do that on some wyches.... str user with ap-3, I'd drop the splinter pistol in a heart beat, even if it could only be done on a succubus or hekatrix ...

I'm guessing that that's a corsair loadout.

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2022, 12:39

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 19117bbb17ddb9fbff8578f7d5882454_551

Well, there goes any interest I might have had in Ynnari.

Sigh.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2022, 12:59

Can be ynnari detatchment without Yvraine, the Visarch, or Ynnead, yay no mandatory HQ tax (at least I can't find where it says they have to be included, it might not be on the shown page or I'm just missing it) ... and also why the points increase on incubi and scourge? .... that is just bizarre...
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2022, 13:20

Archon_91 wrote:
no mandatory HQ tax

No, there's just now a CRAFTWORLDS tax. No purely Drukhari Ynnari armies. No purely Harlequin Ynnari armies.
This is not better in my opinion.
I imagine a far few people are looking at their existing armies and being annoyed that the option is now gone. At the very least, I expect a lot of Triumvirate characters of Ebay quite soon.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2022, 13:51

Archon_91 wrote:
Can be ynnari detatchment without Yvraine, the Visarch, or Ynnead, yay no mandatory HQ tax (at least I can't find where it says they have to be included, it might not be on the shown page or I'm just missing it) ... and also why the points increase on incubi and scourge? .... that is just bizarre...

i'm guessing that it's because all Ynarri get the craftworld attributes, which I presume are battle focus and strands of fate, in addition to strength through death. Drukhari keep blade artists, but probably lose power from pain because it's not an all-drukhari army.

So, Scourges with battle focus are probably a little nastier than normal scourges. (Pop onto a battlement, fire, then drop back behind the battlement immediately after firing).

Likewise, incubi with strength through death are a bit more powerful than normal incubi, with an always strike first rule that you don't have to roll for.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2022, 13:56

Archon_91 wrote:

I think the points increase on Scourges is because Ynnari can improve their shooting, maybe?

No clue why Incubi needed a massive price hike. Oh wow, that +1 to hit will definitely make a massive difference for a unit that already had both WS2+ and a +1 to hit from turn 3 onwards. Rolling Eyes

Also, it's bad enough that DE have to be balanced with Craftworld units, but I find it even more frustrating that Harlequins not only don't count towards the mandatory Craftworld units (since they're now in the same damn book), but also have to be balanced with Craftworld units, just like DE do.

Oh, and they're not even allowed to take Pivotal Roles. Because heaven forbid Ynnari be allowed any characters that are remotely fun or interesting. I guess GW didn't want to overburden them after already spoiling them with all of one warlord trait and one relic.

Well, good job, GW. For a while there I made the mistake of actually having a glimmer of enthusiasm for one of your products. Clearly I should have learned my lesson by now.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2022, 16:12

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Sigh.

Well, tbh I am much more interested in taking a Troupe detachement alongside my ESE.
The Death Jester is quite potent, as far as I can see.
Also adding a very little, hopefully tricky, Psi appers to be, well, appealing to me.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2022, 16:26

Zenotaph wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Sigh.

Well, tbh I am much more interested in taking a Troupe detachement alongside my ESE.
The Death Jester is quite potent, as far as I can see.
Also adding a very little, hopefully tricky, Psi appers to be, well, appealing to me.

The issue for me is that Ynnari used to offer themes that were fantastic for the army I wanted to build and which just didn't exist with base Harlequins. Stuff like Lord of Rebirth, Corig Hai's Locket, Back from the Brink, Word of the Phoenix etc. were all exactly what I wanted. They weren't as strong as what base Harlequins got but they fit my army's theme much better.

But now using Ynnari is basically a non-option for me, so if I want a Harlequin detachment at all I have to sacrifice the theme entirely. Was it really too much to ask they they got to keep their 'actually be worth a damn' abilities if taken in Ynnari? Evil or Very Mad

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2022, 16:43

I see your point. Thats a bit of a problem and I feel with you. Really.

For me, on the other hand, the new ruleset is a real gift.
I wanted to add a Troupe for quite some time now.

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25 2022, 20:57

Harlequin Masques, for anyone interested:

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 EYz2qj2

Aeldari rumours - Page 5 3vaglNO

I think these 3 are the only ones available.

I've also spotted something amusing, if a little silly. One of the Death Jester's pivotal roles lets it inflict Mortal Wounds on a 4+ to wound. There's also a Warlord Trait that lets a Harlequin character inflict Mortal Wounds on a 5+ to wound in melee. So if you give a Death Jester both, it will inflict 1 Mortal Wound on a 4+ and 2 Mortal Wounds on a 5+. Probably not the best use of a warlord trait but quite funny against anyone who thinks that the gun-caddy will naturally suck in melee. Wink

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25 2022, 22:47

Unfortunately, proper Ynnari rules become increasingly difficult to justify as GW keeps rolling back on souping. And I can only imagine that GW has little appetite to invest resources to make a proper Ynnari force.

Too bad, I was really hoping for an "Eldar Outcasts" codex, which does proper justice to Harlequinns, Corsairs and Ynnari.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aeldari rumours
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next