THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aeldari rumours

Go down 
+12
Sarcron
Kalmah
Burnage
krayd
Patayou
Soulless Samurai
colinsherlow
The Strange Dark One
Dalamar
fisheyes
Zenotaph
Gelmir
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Aeldari rumours - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28 2022, 17:41

@Soulless samurai the light side seems pretty strong! (i'm not talking here the Jedi Force.....)
Thanks for the leak! can't wait for Saturday to get my hands on this huge Codex!
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01 2022, 07:09

The Strange Dark One wrote:
Unfortunately, proper Ynnari rules become increasingly difficult to justify as GW keeps rolling back on souping. And I can only imagine that GW has little appetite to invest resources to make a proper Ynnari force.

Too bad, I was really hoping for an "Eldar Outcasts" codex, which does proper justice to Harlequinns, Corsairs and Ynnari.

Stretch goal for 9th edition is a Phoenix Rising style treatment for the more esoteric Eldar forces (don't forget about exodites!!).

Until then, I might try to force Ynnari to work regardless. It's unlikely to be widely popular based on what we know so far so I might try to take a crack at best hobby in faction for ITC this year. If Nayden is still on Drukhari, I've got no chance there! Aeldari rumours - Page 6 1f602

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01 2022, 16:50

I think Ynarri are going to need a FAQ to work properly. It's pretty clear that they're supposed to enable mixed detachments, but it makes no sense for them to lose one of their innate abilities (strands of fate) for doing so. .

It's also pretty weird that they can take beastmasters, but no beasts.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01 2022, 22:38

There are some glaring errors in the book. The biggest being that Troupes are not Core.
Back to top Go down
Elfric
Kabalite Warrior
Elfric

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2022, 00:36

Are 5 Void Weavers with Prismatic Cannons better than 3 Ravagers with Dark Lances?
450 points vs 390, 10 strength 12 shots vs 9 strength 8 shots. 30 wounds vs 33 wounds

Last edited by Elfric on Wed Mar 02 2022, 08:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2022, 01:31

I think a lot of competitive DE lists are goin to include a harli detachment with coven and cult ... or kabal using voidscarred, .... as once again we find ourselves laughably out gunned by our cousins
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2022, 11:49

Elfric wrote:
Are 5 Void Weavers with Prismatic Cannons better than 3 Ravagers with Dark Lances?
450 points vs 390, 10 strength 12 shots vs 9 strength 8 shots. 30 wounds vs 33 wounds

I'm of the opinion that Voidweavers are straight up better than Ravagers now. Similar anti-tank, except the Voidweavers also pack anti-infantry shooting, are more durable and more mobile. Absolute no brainer when 3 Voidweavers cost about the same as 2 Ravagers and give up fewer secondary points to boot.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2022, 13:39

Voidweavers are 10 wounds? Are Starweavers also 10 wounds now?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2022, 14:33

krayd wrote:

They're T5 and 6 wounds still, retain the -1 to hit and 4++, and have gained the innate ability to prevent hit rolls from being rerolled against them. In the Light Saedath they also cause hit rolls of 1-3 to automatically fail against them. This is why I say they're more durable; against most decent anti-tank shooting they'll need more shots to die, on average, than a Raider or Ravager.
Back to top Go down
Elfric
Kabalite Warrior
Elfric

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2022, 15:54

krayd wrote:

5 Voidweavers would be 30 wounds total (5 x 6). I was making a parable to 3 ravagers (33 wounds all in) as a comparison. 5 voidweavers are 60 points more than 3 ravagers but have superior firepower it would seem. Harlequins can have 9 Void Weavers in total now, but that would be 810 points. What that gets you though is 18 Strength 12 shots, and all the bonuses that go with it. Glad I saved all those Prismatic cannon sprues Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2022, 16:29

I wonder if GW would take ideas for our next codex from a fan made one that this community put together ... I look at the Eldar stuff and think "that's new and updated" and I look at ours and think "same old poison weapons ... same old dark light weapons ... and we've lost something else again" I'm not saying our Codex isn't great or competitive ... but it is boring the amount of choice bifference between the new Eldar codex and ours is laughable ... sure we get to add Harliquins and Voidscarred to our lists but it kinda feels like someone said "oh yeah ... they usually hang out with Dark Eldar too right?"

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Elfric
Kabalite Warrior
Elfric

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2022, 17:22

Archon_91 wrote:
I wonder if GW would take ideas for our next codex from a fan made one that this community put together ... I look at the Eldar stuff and think "that's new and updated" and I look at ours and think "same old poison weapons ... same old dark light weapons ... and we've lost something else again" I'm not saying our Codex isn't great or competitive ... but it is boring  the amount of choice bifference between the new Eldar codex and ours is laughable ... sure we get to add Harliquins and Voidscarred to our lists but it kinda feels like someone said "oh yeah ... they usually hang out with Dark Eldar too right?"

I think what would be cool is getting something like the Soul Powers from the first Dawn of War game, but built up from harvesting soul force from dead models. Like each infantry model gives 1 point, a monster gives 5, a vehicle 10 etc, which in turns gives you access to abilities like:
Piercing Vision - 40 Soul Essence - temporarily grants detection to single squad or vehicle.

Screams of the Dammed - 40 Soul Essence - Temporarily reduces morale of all enemy units.

Rend Soul - 150 Soul Essence - Temporarily disables abilities and causes damage.

Corrosion - 200 Soul Essence - Creates acidic cloud that reduces enemy unit armour.

Rekindle Rage - 200 Soul Essence - All abilities on target unit are instantly recharged.

Soulstorm - 275 Soul Essence - Guided area attack that does high damage and can harm friendly units.

You'd need to bring these abilities in line with the Tabletop Game but I think it would be cool. For instance Corrosion could drop the armour save of a unit by 2 or 3.

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2022, 23:47

It would bring more flavour, certainly, but it wouldn't fix any issues with the codex, foremost being general variety

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03 2022, 12:27

Archon_91 wrote:
I wonder if GW would take ideas for our next codex from a fan made one that this community put together ... I look at the Eldar stuff and think "that's new and updated" and I look at ours and think "same old poison weapons ... same old dark light weapons ... and we've lost something else again" I'm not saying our Codex isn't great or competitive ... but it is boring  the amount of choice bifference between the new Eldar codex and ours is laughable ... sure we get to add Harliquins and Voidscarred to our lists but it kinda feels like someone said "oh yeah ... they usually hang out with Dark Eldar too right?"

There certainly does seem to be a marked difference in effort when it comes to Dark Eldar and the other Eldar factions.

You can see this in army rules - compare Blade Artists to Strands of Fate and Luck of the Laughing God.

You can see this with extra rules - Eldar have Exarch Powers, Harlequins have Pivotal Roles - all of which give characters/semi-characters the choice of 3 different upgrade abilities to pick from. Meanwhile, DE upgrades are purely binary - either you're upgraded or you're not; there's no choice of powers at all.

And that's without even getting into the lack of choice in terms of units or the dwindling wargear selection.

Elfric wrote:

I think what would be cool is getting something like the Soul Powers from the first Dawn of War game, but built up from harvesting soul force from dead models. Like each infantry model gives 1 point, a monster gives 5, a vehicle 10 etc, which in turns gives you access to abilities like:
Piercing Vision - 40 Soul Essence - temporarily grants detection to single squad or vehicle.

Screams of the Dammed - 40 Soul Essence - Temporarily reduces morale of all enemy units.

Rend Soul - 150 Soul Essence - Temporarily disables abilities and causes damage.

Corrosion - 200 Soul Essence - Creates acidic cloud that reduces enemy unit armour.

Rekindle Rage - 200 Soul Essence - All abilities on target unit are instantly recharged.

Soulstorm - 275 Soul Essence - Guided area attack that does high damage and can harm friendly units.

You'd need to bring these abilities in line with the Tabletop Game but I think it would be cool. For instance Corrosion could drop the armour save of a unit by 2 or 3.

It would certainly be nice to see some abilities that were actually interactive - rather than everything being static buffs.

That game had some other fun abilities as well, as I recall. The Archon had the Animus Vitae as standard and could use it to both trap an enemy unit in place and drain hp from them to heal himself. He could also unlock an ability later on that could make an enemy unit shoot itself.

Would be fun to see more nasty tricks like that.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2022, 12:25

Just flipped thru the last 2 pages of the thread, I assume someone must have brought up the new Webway Gate.

DAMN is that thing overpowered. And it appears we can take it too.

Basically 80 points for an un-killable transport that sits in the middle of the board and pops out units turns 2 and 3. Simply amazing for keeping an opponent bottled up in a table quarter.

It solves a lot of issues about transports dying to artillery (CWE artillery, which can easily take out our transports unlike Tau).

It will become an auto-include for us, and may push us back into S Tier (hopefully the Competitive community doesnt find out, lol)
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2022, 18:01

fisheyes wrote:
Just flipped thru the last 2 pages of the thread, I assume someone must have brought up the new Webway Gate.

DAMN is that thing overpowered. And it appears we can take it too.

Basically 80 points for an un-killable transport that sits in the middle of the board and pops out units turns 2 and 3. Simply amazing for keeping an opponent bottled up in a table quarter.

It solves a lot of issues about transports dying to artillery (CWE artillery, which can easily take out our transports unlike Tau).

It will become an auto-include for us, and may push us back into S Tier (hopefully the Competitive community doesnt find out, lol)

Yeah, there's a whole thread on it in the News and Rumors section. I'm very excited about it. Not only because when I started playing DE, it was a webway ambush army (venom spam was so boring to me), but also because I just recently finished installing LEDs and painting my webway gate. It was supposed to just be a thing for my display board, but now I'll actually use it!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07 2022, 14:28

Here!!! is the Goonhammer Aeldari Collection.
Could be of some interest. Wink

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2022, 16:43

I guess enough people yelled at GW about the Autarch on the codex cover not being a legal build.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/15/walk-all-the-paths-at-once-with-the-updated-aeldari-autarch-datasheet/
Back to top Go down
Elfric
Kabalite Warrior
Elfric

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2022, 19:07

Had  a 2000pt game last week. 1TM, 2 x SS, 4 units of 10 Troupe and 1 x unit of 6 Troupe, 2 x DJ, a Solitaire, 3 Voidweavera and 6 jet bikes. Light Saedeth. I was playing Deathwatch. New Quins feel very powerful and very fun at the same time. The luck mechanic feels a bit too good, could see them nerfing this like you start with none and have to gamble to acquire any per turn. As it is, having 5 free re rolls a turn is  very good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aeldari rumours
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6