THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aeldari rumours

Go down 
+12
Sarcron
Kalmah
Burnage
krayd
Patayou
Soulless Samurai
colinsherlow
The Strange Dark One
Dalamar
fisheyes
Zenotaph
Gelmir
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Aeldari rumours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24 2021, 11:55

How curious. I always intended to 3D print the corsair jetpacks and have my own "Kabalite Skyreavers" with Shardcarbines, based on the FW Legacy books for friendly play.

Really looking forward to 1st class support for Corsairs!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25 2021, 14:47

Merry Christmas, all. I bring you news that at least some of the rumours appear to be accurate:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/25/new-asuryani-clash-with-chaos-space-marines-in-the-next-warhammer-40000-battlebox/

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25 2021, 21:46

It's too bad I'm only interested in the Eldar half of that box, and I don't know anyone who'd be interested in the other.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03 2022, 23:32

Some more official news in the form of new Guardian models:

Aeldari rumours - Page 3 Fb0zwpy9cC1c8CEe

^I believe the weird platform is some sort of shield-generator.

Aeldari rumours - Page 3 271001986_3143409439313007_5712700575203683335_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=HClI88GSAe0AX_3wOyf&tn=iSey5EO9OXCILGE6&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1

It's funny, I don't usually like Eldar aesthetics but these models are really making me rethink my allegiance to Dark Eldar. tongue

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04 2022, 00:24

Soulless Samurai wrote:

It's funny, I don't usually like Eldar aesthetics but these models are really making me rethink my allegiance to Dark Eldar. tongue

Really? I think they are incredibly plain looking. Not bad, but plain. I'm very happy with the Warrior kit + all the kitbash options.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04 2022, 00:45

The Strange Dark One wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Really? I think they are incredibly plain looking. Not bad, but plain. I'm very happy with the Warrior kit + all the kitbash options.

I'm not saying they're better than Dark Eldar.

What I meant was that one of the main reasons I've avoided Craftworlds is the aesthetics (I like Farseers/Warlocks and some of the vehicles but not much else), but these are actually models I wouldn't mind owning.

Dark Eldar ones are still probably nicer but they're also stuck in a codex that GW has spent the last decade asset-stripping. Sad

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06 2022, 23:58

There was a massive image leak, apparently from Discord, but I saw it on the FB Aeldari group. Harlequins and Ynarri are, in fact, included in the CW codex. I did *not* expect that.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07 2022, 17:29

i can't wait to see the new CW codex when they will literally steal our spot as the mobile army.
They have almost the same mobility than us but their stats, from what i heard (i know leaks are not worth a lot.....so to take lightly, especially knowing it's only rumors one of my friend heard....) are going to be insane.
Especially knowing they will have access to Harlequins AND OUR OWN DAMN UNITS!!!!

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07 2022, 18:04

Kalmah wrote:
i can't wait to see the new CW codex when they will literally steal our spot as the mobile army.
They have almost the same mobility than us but their stats, from what i heard (i know leaks are not worth a lot.....so to take lightly, especially knowing it's only rumors one of my friend heard....) are going to be insane.
Especially knowing they will have access to Harlequins AND OUR OWN DAMN UNITS!!!!

Well, I don't think that they're going to have access to harlequins in any greater fashion than we do. It's not like harlies are getting a <CRAFTWORLD> keyword (at least, I would be surprised - I don't foresee them just throwing all the harlie troupes away). Also, the CW armywide rule 'strands of fate' apparently requires that the entire army be of the same craftworld, so there will be a distinct disadvantage to CW souping up, or even having multiple CWs in the same army.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07 2022, 20:03

I think how Harlequins, Corsairs and Ynnari are going to function in the new book is currently a big question mark. It sounds like you can slot Harlequins into a standard CWE detachment without breaking anything - which is big and I'll be kind of mad if it doesn't also retroactively apply to DE detachments - but it's not totally clear what slotting DE into a Ynnari detachment will let them keep.

Losing Strands of Fate and Power From Pain to have an actual Aeldari soup list which isn't hugely penalized in CP costs could still be useful enough to run seriously.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07 2022, 20:05

well, my guess (for what it's worth) is that the Harleys will be their equivalent of our Blades for hire (or a little bit like the Custodes with the Sisters of Silence).

But again, we're far too soon to start speculating that much about them.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07 2022, 20:34

Regarding Ynnari, the leaks said that they functioned similarly to a Craftworld, except that you can also take DE units (with some exceptions, including special characters and I think Covens). However, you have to have at least 1 CWE unit for every DE unit you take.

(Another feature that we just lose out on, I guess.)

Burnage wrote:
I think how Harlequins, Corsairs and Ynnari are going to function in the new book is currently a big question mark. It sounds like you can slot Harlequins into a standard CWE detachment without breaking anything - which is big and I'll be kind of mad if it doesn't also retroactively apply to DE detachments - but it's not totally clear what slotting DE into a Ynnari detachment will let them keep.

If Craftworlds get to just take Harlequins for free and we're left out in the cold, that will indeed suck.

I mean, if nothing else, you might think they'd give that option to the book with maybe half the units as Craftworlds. Neutral

Burnage wrote:
Losing Strands of Fate and Power From Pain to have an actual Aeldari soup list which isn't hugely penalized in CP costs could still be useful enough to run seriously.

Going to be honest - it really bothers me that DE lose PfP - their core ability - if they ally. Meanwhile, Eldar keep Battle Focus even if they ally and just gain a huge bonus on top of that for not allying.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08 2022, 11:44

I don't think CW will just be able to include Harlequins in their army without penalties. I think this codex is going to be more like an Aeldari Index, except Drukhari are missing because we already have a codex.
Aka, it's going to be several codexes (or whatever the plural for that word is) in one book. The alternative would be that Ynnari get their own codex, but there just isn't enough to put in a book like that. My guess is that that's why they included it in the CW codex.
Either way, time will tell.

Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09 2022, 01:30

Yncarne datasheet has been leaked(?) unsure if all its rule are known yet. Treat *everything* with a grain of salt

Keywords of: Character, Monster, Fly, Psyker, Asuryani, Ynnari, Daemon

Stats: M - 12", WS - 2+, BS - 2+, S - 7, T - 7, W - 12, A - 6, Ld - 10, Sv - 3+

4++ invulnerable, halves all damage, move, strength and attacks degrade

Weapons: 6" range, auto-hitting d6 shots at S7 ap -2 1D that hits every unit within range

Sword no has two profiles; S user, ap-4 1D but two hit rolls per attack
or
S +4, ap -4, 3 + D3 damage, ignoring invulns

Abilites: Battle Focus + Strands of fate, whatever those are

12" aura of ignore combat attrition

seems to be keeping same rules for teleporting and deepstrike

can explode???

Sarcron

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13 2022, 00:59

Blurry Warlock pic for anyone interested:
Aeldari rumours - Page 3 RQauhfx

Still 2 wounds, unfortunately.

Singing Spear is D3 but AP0. Meh.
Witchblade is AP-1 D2, which (unless I'm missing something?) seems like a far more useful profile.

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18 2022, 19:30

Troupe Master Leak:

Aeldari rumours - Page 3 20220118_171514

For anyone having trouble reading:
- Neuro Disrupter is now S6 AP-3 D1 Does a Mortal Wound against non-vehicles instead of normal damage if it hits.
- Harlequin Blades are the same as Wych weapons.
- Harlequin's Caress, Kiss and Embrace are all the same profile S+1 AP-2 D2. Just give different keywords, presumably linked to stratagems (sigh).
- Reroll Aura now just gives rerolls of 1 to Harlequin units.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18 2022, 20:30

Soulless Samurai wrote:

- Harlequin's Caress, Kiss and Embrace are all the same profile S+1 AP-2 D2. Just give different keywords, presumably linked to stratagems (sigh).

I already know I'm going to hate it. :S

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18 2022, 22:35

Gelmir wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

I already know I'm going to hate it. :S

I saw someone suggest that it was to make resolving unit attacks easier . . . which might raise some eyebrows when you remember that Wyches not only have 3 different Wych weapons but aren't even allowed to take multiples of the same weapon. Neutral

But yeah, I'm not a fan of Stratagems at the best of times so I can't say I'm thrilled at this development.

Also, maybe I'm missing something but Neuro Disruptors just doing a single Mortal Wound seems underwhelming. Especially when Fusion Pistols do d6+2 damage.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2022, 00:35

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Also, maybe I'm missing something but Neuro Disruptors just doing a single Mortal Wound seems underwhelming. Especially when Fusion Pistols do d6+2 damage.

I got nothing. Even agains good invul saves, the average of 5,5 damage of fusion pistols compensates for that chance that the wound is saved.

Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2022, 16:35

Working theories on the strats for the Quinn Weapons
1. Ignore invulns
2. mortals on 6+
3. ?????

For the Neuro Disruptor lets not think about it on the troupe master but on a troupe squad. 10 dudes armed with these. That is roll to hit and every 3+ is a mortal wound. no wound rolls, no saves, Just FNP if they got it. Average about 6 Mortals per 10 shots.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2022, 17:24

do you guys know why they created the saves and invulnerable knowing that the MW and ignore invul can now be found anywhere in almost any list?
Why bother with those cumbersome save rolls in a dice game?
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2022, 17:50

Kalmah wrote:
do you guys know why they created the saves and invulnerable knowing that the MW and ignore invul can now be found anywhere in almost any list?
im going to guess its because they couldn't think of anything else to replace it with, as a few additions ago it was basically to show how tough certain models really were to remove from the board and not as widely available but now ... they basically needed a way to balance it out with the increase of wounds most of the models with invulns and the amount of models that now have them ... invuls basically became the next 2+ save and MWs are the new AP -6 weapons that every army has at least a couple of to fight it
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2022, 22:55

Dalamar wrote:
For the Neuro Disruptor lets not think about it on the troupe master but on a troupe squad.  10 dudes armed with these.  That is roll to hit and every 3+ is a mortal wound.  no wound rolls, no saves, Just FNP if they got it.  Average about 6 Mortals per 10 shots.

What you're suggesting sounds nice, but if you give those 10 Troupes Fusion Pistols instead of Neuro Disruptors, you will do way more damage. Even if 8/10 of those shots miss or are saved, that will be an avarage of 11 damage instead of 6.

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20 2022, 00:15

Gelmir wrote:
Dalamar wrote:
For the Neuro Disruptor lets not think about it on the troupe master but on a troupe squad.  10 dudes armed with these.  That is roll to hit and every 3+ is a mortal wound.  no wound rolls, no saves, Just FNP if they got it.  Average about 6 Mortals per 10 shots.

What you're suggesting sounds nice, but if you give those 10 Troupes Fusion Pistols instead of Neuro Disruptors, you will do way more damage. Even if 8/10 of those shots miss or are saved, that will be an avarage of 11 damage instead of 6.

The average 5.5 damage only applies to models which have at least 8 wounds. If the targeted model has less wounds, the maximum possibile damage will be lower and as such the average will be lower.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20 2022, 00:34

Dalamar wrote:

But unless the Neuro Disruptor is free (which seems highly unlikely as it would just invalidate the Shuriken Pistol), the exact same principle applies - Fusion Guns just have way more damage potential.

Kalmah wrote:

Spoilered for long-winded rant:

/rant

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari rumours   Aeldari rumours - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aeldari rumours
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next