THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emperorbass
Slave

More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?  Empty
PostSubject: More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?    More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2012, 22:28

I've read articles on 3PlusPlus and other blogs and of course this site, and from what I've seen in such reviews and from my own gleaning from the codex, very few of the Haemonculus Arcane Items are actually viable options. >.> I'm just curious as to what ideas you've had for more effective item options.

I personally would live for an item that grants a 5+ Inv save to Haemie and the unit he's attached to - that way it can give a more viable bit of protection to Incubi squads the haemie is with from power weapon attacks.

Wyches still get their 4++ of course so it isn't like it steals their thunder - though it would give them 5++ inv for ranged attacks to increase their survival if attached.

The Tau get a 4++ save from their drones in close combat and ranged, so this isn't terribly overpowered.

Your thoughts? Indeed, I'd like to hear any ideas you guys have for other items. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?    More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2012, 22:45

From what I've seen and every source of background I've read, Haemonculi only seem to build items that can be weaponized and offensive.

Not suggesting that there wouldn't be anything they make that could be more defensive but I think it's worth staying along the idea of offensive.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Emperorbass
Slave

PostSubject: Re: More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?    More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 02:06

Sky Serpent wrote:
From what I've seen and every source of background I've read, Haemonculi only seem to build items that can be weaponized and offensive.

Not suggesting that there wouldn't be anything they make that could be more defensive but I think it's worth staying along the idea of offensive.

Well yes, but I tend to think that any Incubi worth their salt, no matter how assured they are in their swordsmanship, would probably welcome a better form of protection in the event that the mon-keigh's power fist manages to get behind his guard. Also I'm sick of having large blasts kill the entire Incubi squad and leaving their Archon quite unexpectedly alone in the midst of a puddle of jelly that used to be his hired bodyguards. >_>

Besides, even though they can be revived, I think Haemonculi would still want to avoid the chance of an instant death simply so their battlefield gathering and experiments needn't be delayed whilst they regenerate in a glass tube.

Haemonculus: "AHahahaahahaahaha! These Mon-keigh brutes will provide excellent test subje-" *Explosion* *Cinders crackling*

*Said Haemonculus then must stay in a regeneration pod playing tetris on a cell-phone for 3+ weeks whilst he regrows his legs...*

They would have some defensive stuff so that they could continue their tormenting-spree for longer. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?    More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More viable Haemonculus Arcane Items?
Page 1 of 1