THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies

Go down 
+41
Darkgreen Pirate
Thor665
Herbert West
screamingparatrooper
Siticus the Ancient
infamousme
Cavash
Khain mor
Cavalier
Count Adhemar
Khaelir
Black Death
Dark Son
Chaeril
malevolent_one
Mr_Pink
mot666
warhammerpaintservice
Vael Galizur
Malverian Drakkarth
Skari
kenny3760
Caelyr
Nameless
red_head
Todo13
SirTainly
Jonnyroxtar
Sorrowshard
Hydra
teknistmajjan
Shadows Revenge
Sky Serpent
speedfreek
Nepenthe
GAR
xzandrate
Evil Space Elves
Vanq
Xelkireth
Gobsmakked
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
screamingparatrooper
Slave
screamingparatrooper

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 18:21

I love them! All of them! You give inspiration to my DE!
Keep on rollin' with that super-ass stuff!
-Benkku

Kabalite Warrior
Herbert West

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21 2013, 15:06

Usually i don't like the "gently cuddly" eldar stuff, but thoose ones look really great and mighty. Realy cool basing by the way.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 000311
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 03:17

Been quite a while since I posted anything here, but I haven’t exactly been idle.  First up are the two additional Reaper conversions I did 3-4 months ago in a monthly vow thread.  These give me a full complement of three Reapers, which I have yet to use.  I did use two of them allied with a Warp Hunter to good effect in a local tournament back in June.  Still got my butt kicked, but these particular vehicles did manage to cause plenty of damage and were an unpleasant surprise to several opponents.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DarkEldarReapers1_zps6ebe8eeb

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DarkEldarReapers2_zpsb2214f32

The close-up of the muzzle for the storm vortex generators shows the difference between my original conversion, which followed the FW style faithfully, versus the quicker and simpler approach I took with the two additions.  I don’t like them, and will substitute proper-shaped vanes when I get a chance.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DarkEldarReapers3_zpsd042a53c

Battleship row.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DarkEldarReapers4_zpsb9900991

C&C welcome, cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 03:17

And I have always wanted to make some nice, proper crashed-vehicle craters for my DE because, like all DE boats, they crash and burn a lot.  And here they are.  I used various bitz and broken or mis-cast model pieces set with fake rocks.  I will eventually make myself a complete set to complement my vehicle collection.  It took a few tries to get them right, but there are four different ones – old and new Raider, Venom-slash-Razorwing, and jetbike bitz (which can be used as wreckage).  

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DECrater11_zpsc01c51b5

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DEcrater7_zps831cfe4d

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DEcrater1_zpsc1728101

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DECrater13_zpsdab5e8f7

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DECrater12_zpsc2715d30

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DEcrater4_zps4a99d05d

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DEcrater5_zpsa795a119

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 DEcrater6_zps4cb5df2f

C&C welcome, cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 03:43

I still love them.

How tough would you say they were to paint? There are a lot of nice little details in them and some seem like it would be tough to pick out (like if I wanted to do details in the cockpit of the Venom, say).

Another question, how well can one place models on those? They look awesome but on considering them I get the feeling that, like many wreck markers, it's kind of a wobbly model situation when deploying your guys onto them, yeah?

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 03:51

Wobbly or no for placing models, those wreck markers are beastly good Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 04:11

Thor665 wrote:
I still love them.

How tough would you say they were to paint? There are a lot of nice little details in them and some seem like it would be tough to pick out (like if I wanted to do details in the cockpit of the Venom, say).

Another question, how well can one place models on those? They look awesome but on considering them I get the feeling that, like many wreck markers, it's kind of a wobbly model situation when deploying your guys onto them, yeah?
They were quick and easy to paint Thor, I did these six over two evenings, but I wasn't super fussed about any fine details.  Not that there are that many, really.  I actually minimised the details somewhat, to make the process easier.

I recently modelled my own Mycetic Spore Pods as well, and based on that experience I kept the outlines and shapes to a minimum, just so that they would be recognisable as the vehicles, and anything that might get hung up in the mold was filled or smoothed or covered with plasticene.

As for placing models on them, two of them are fairly smooth but curved, while the Raider ones have quite rough surfaces.  There would be some wobbly model issues, same as placing them on the outside of one of GW's craters everyone's dazed and stumbling around after escaping the exploding cardboard box Very Happy

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Wobbly or no for placing models, those wreck markers are beastly good Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil
Thanks ESE!

Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 05:22

as the recipient of 6 markers for my fiction competition entry, I must say the pictures do not do these justice. I was overwhelmed with the amount of detail and time Gob took on these. I look forward to painting mine, too bad I can paint them in my Kabal colours....tongue 

It would be much nicer to paint them in someone elses!

Once again Gob, thank you very much, and thank you Dark City!

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 05:42

^^^
See, details! Told you Gob, stop trying to downplay them. Wink

Also, DGP - you do realize we'll be demanding pics once you get them painted up, right?

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 07:26

Those vehicles are cool! Also loving the wreck markers. Might have to pinch that idea Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 07:37

Thor665 wrote:
^^^
See, details! Told you Gob, stop trying to downplay them. Wink

Also, DGP - you do realize we'll be demanding pics once you get them painted up, right?
Looks like my weekend is booked!

SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 10:20

Those wrecks look fantastic, really super work!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 21:01

those wrecks are PERFECT! I've never seen so much work put into wrecks before
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 21:17

Those are so beautiful. If you don't mind, what did you use for the main base, some kinda of particle board maybe?

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21 2013, 20:19

Thanks everyone.

Black Death - no base, they were cast as one solid piece using liquid plastic. I wanted a good-sized set of craters but didn't have enough in the way of wrecked models to afford to do it - one old gen Raider and one mis-cast new gen hull. So I modelled each piece in plasticene and used various bitz that I have set aside for future modelling projects, and then made a simple mold. This way I can make a bunch and complete my set.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 22:04

This is the start of my entry for stage 6 of the Archon's Challenge.  I have been meaning to convert this Lhamaean into a haemie for ...... ages ...... and I have similarly had the Venom on the workbench ever since I finished the Void Raven ...... crap, two years ago now.  I haven't gotten my greedy hands on the rest of the crew yet.

When I made my Void Raven, I combined two Razorwing wing sets onto one fuselage, meaning that I had one forward fuselage left over.  I also used a Venom for the second, raised cockpit, leaving me with the rear fuselage and wings of one of those.  I thought they would combine make a great-looking kitbash and they do, I just need to fill and clean up the sides where they join.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 C218442d-7f72-4333-b568-6c51ccba7fb1_zps12ed4971

C&C welcome.  Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14 2013, 17:21

expensive conversions, but looks good, way too expensive too my tastes, I would have made the front out of plasticard and some greenstuff. You actually inspired some great ideas in my mind, I see many possibilities for my next couple of Venoms.

I've seen 1 guy pull off a decent Heamonculus from that Lhamaeen model, but you seriously need to get rid of the head, some of the wych heads are such perfect heamonculus heads with some work.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14 2013, 19:07

Looks like a great kit bash!

It reminds me of the scorpion shuttles from Star Trek Nemesis.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 Box

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15 2013, 09:13

Thanks Khain and Eye.

Eye - I haven't seen that model before, but I do see where you get the resemblance from.

Khain mor wrote:
expensive conversions, but looks good, way too expensive too my tastes, I would have made the front out of plasticard and some greenstuff. You actually inspired some great ideas in my mind, I see many possibilities for my next couple of Venoms.

Khain - good to hear, the stock Venom is a beautiful model, but yes, it can still be changed up in a multitude of ways with great results.

Regarding the cost, as I mentioned back on page 2 or 3 when I first started the Void Raven project, for roughly 15% more than the [then] price of a Razorwing, I purchased two complete Razorwing and one Venom hulls, a RW cockpit, one set of RW engines, a flyer stand, some missiles and sundry other parts from an online bitz store.

The sundry parts included enough bitz to complete the Venom when the VR was finished, as I certainly did not want to waste any leftover pieces and already had this project in mind.  So really I got one Venom and one Void Raven for slightly more than one Razorwing.  That's not bad, especially when you consider that the real VR, if/when it finally arrives, will cost more than 15% over a Razorwing, I am sure.

Khain mor wrote:
I've seen 1 guy pull off a decent Heamonculus from that Lhamaeen model, but you seriously need to get rid of the head, some of the wych heads are such perfect heamonculus heads with some work.

If you are talking about Mechanicum Jon's over at Dakka, yes, that is part inspiration for mine.  I knew roughly what I wanted to do with the model, and once I saw his finished, that clinched it for me.  I still like the head, though, and am planning to keep it.

A quick update, here is where I am at with the Venom and Haemie, haven't started the other passengers yet.   Evil or Very Mad   The Venom's proportions have turned out very nice.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 Venom11_zps0338bade

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 Venom13_zps8ac783af

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 Venom14_zps1720b1f9

C&C welcome.
Thanks.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Tue Dec 17 2013, 07:38; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15 2013, 09:52

Egads man, your ability to chop shop thin, curvacious vehicles and jam them back together without it looking like an ork with a blowtorch is enviable. I don't have the stones to try and pull that off.

And what retinue will be accompanying our fleshcrafting lady?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15 2013, 22:21

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Egads man, your ability to chop shop thin, curvacious vehicles and jam them back together without it looking like an ork with a blowtorch is enviable.

..... And what retinue will be accompanying our fleshcrafting lady?

Thanks ESE. Corespur's finest Wracks will also be enjoying the pimped-up ride, complete with beatsticks to keep the riff-raff away from the paint job.

At least, that's my plan with barely a week to go.

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16 2013, 18:39

Very nice and sleek vehicles. Great kitbash sir! (Your pics of them are upside down though) Looking forward to seeing them painted Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2013, 07:41

spellcheck2001 wrote:
Very nice and sleek vehicles. Great kitbash sir! (Your pics of them are upside down though) Looking forward to seeing them painted Smile

Thank you very much SC, and after much toing and froing, I think I have fixed the pictures.  They looked OK on my PC, but yeah, were upside down when viewed on my iPad.

Cheers.

PS - got the crew put together tonight, yay! Venom is almost finished, too, so I might actually make it on time with this project.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 09:48

So, I finally finished this piece for the Christmas Archon's Challenge at the last minute, having finally been able to get my hand on a half-canopy just this past weekend.  Can't believe it's been so long since I first started it.

I have been wanting to build this particular Venom and its Haemie/Wrack crew for a long time, and I am very happy with the end result.  The aesthetics of the Venom with the Razorwing's nose piece are quite nice, my bog-standard ones actually look a little stumpy on the tabletop now in comparison.

Here the final pics:

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 WrackVenom21_zps7eab67c9

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 WrackVenom08_zps086fc614

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 WrackVenom41_zps4df9d813

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 WrackVenom30_zps40fd9d8a

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 WrackVenom28_zps9625f01a

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 WrackVenom17_zpsa71efb76
C&C welcome.
Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Algae
Hellion
Algae

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 18:54

Wow, it looks so good! The nose was a nice addition, and it blends seamlessly. That venom would strike fear (and pain) to any opponent on the field. Best of luck fielding it! BTW beautiful base work.

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next