THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies

Go down 
+41
Darkgreen Pirate
Thor665
Herbert West
screamingparatrooper
Siticus the Ancient
infamousme
Cavash
Khain mor
Cavalier
Count Adhemar
Khaelir
Black Death
Dark Son
Chaeril
malevolent_one
Mr_Pink
mot666
warhammerpaintservice
Vael Galizur
Malverian Drakkarth
Skari
kenny3760
Caelyr
Nameless
red_head
Todo13
SirTainly
Jonnyroxtar
Sorrowshard
Hydra
teknistmajjan
Shadows Revenge
Sky Serpent
speedfreek
Nepenthe
GAR
xzandrate
Evil Space Elves
Vanq
Xelkireth
Gobsmakked
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 21:50

Yup, that's awesome.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02 2014, 11:44

Only just clocked this finished pic of your venom. Very creepy and really fits in well with the coven theme of the whacks & haemonculus. Great stuff

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 22:02

Oh man. Now that is definitely what a venom should look like! Beautiful! How hard was the nose piece to come by? I don't know the kit, so I have no experience of whether or not it's a separate bit.

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 22:13

Thanks Mr. Pink.  The nose piece is from a Razorwing.  I had purchased two bare RW hulls and one bare Venom hull as part of my Void Raven project, and at the end of that I was left with the back half of a Venom and the front half of a RW.  Et voila!

They fit together behind the cockpit very well, and then it was just a matter of blending the fuselage sides and crease line.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 02:44

Well now, that is just really sweet! Love the look, very menacing.

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2015, 23:41

Yeah, yeah, an update ........ don't all faint at once!  Very Happy

I am about to start painting the first of my Harlies, finally.  I have collected some 35 troupe members and 3-4 each of the Death Jester and Shadowseer over the past few years, plus a Solitaire earlier this year.  But I am starting with some vehicles for a tournie this coming weekend.

I am not keen on the pregnant-Venom look of the bog-standard Voidweaver gunship, so I opened up the sides of the fuselage and carved them similar to a Venom's.  I like it much better, and it will help differentiate them from the Starweaver transports (plus it's fine for transports to look preggers).

In addition, I added a large masque to the nose to give them the same aesthetic as the Skyweaver jetbikes and separate them from a Venom more.  Not sure if I will do the same with the Starweavers.

I have magnetised all of the weapons and the gunners for the skimmers (haven't done one for the Starweaver yet), and I have magnetised the glaives and bolas for the jetbike riders, and one pilot.

And, I am REALLY liking the new off-white primer from GW - very crisp and clean, and the details are much easier to see than with straight white or black.

Voidweavers and Starweaver - fuselage differences:
The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 Harlies1_zpsxdycbem4

- with dorsal gunners and weapons:
The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 Harlies3_zpstwa2srqv

Voidweaver and Skyweaver -masques on nose:
The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 Harlies2_zpszzovmamz

Skyweavers - with interchangeable hand weapons:
The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 Harlies4_zpsxzypu32o

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 02:22

I love the harlequin models. I feel as if they were made to be more like a supplement. Kind of like the Mercs and Minions in Warmachine and Hordes Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6