THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies

Go down 
+41
Darkgreen Pirate
Thor665
Herbert West
screamingparatrooper
Siticus the Ancient
infamousme
Cavash
Khain mor
Cavalier
Count Adhemar
Khaelir
Black Death
Dark Son
Chaeril
malevolent_one
Mr_Pink
mot666
warhammerpaintservice
Vael Galizur
Malverian Drakkarth
Skari
kenny3760
Caelyr
Nameless
red_head
Todo13
SirTainly
Jonnyroxtar
Sorrowshard
Hydra
teknistmajjan
Shadows Revenge
Sky Serpent
speedfreek
Nepenthe
GAR
xzandrate
Evil Space Elves
Vanq
Xelkireth
Gobsmakked
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 22:02

Here is the finished Voidraven bomber, after many hours of filing and sanding the filler mix of 1:1:1 greenstuff:terracotta Milliput:white Milliput that I used in the gaps and to shape the fillets on the fuselage. It dries incredibly hard, but then takes quite a bit of work to correct and finish. Many thanks to Hydra though, for recommending that I not use just GS.

The finished filler could have been better in a few places, despite my best efforts. But the paint scheme that I am using also highlights the slightest blemish like you would not believe.

Overall, I am very, very happy with this project. I love the look and feel of the aircraft, and think it complements the Razorwing very well whilst remaining quite distinct.

It is painted as a weathered veteran of many raids.

I have posted some comparison shots of the Voidraven and a Razorwing in the Aphotic Gallery.

C&C welcome.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 DarkEldarVoidravenA

The blended canopies under the cockpit are barely visible, they streamlined quite nicely.
The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 DarkEldarVoidravenB

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 DarkEldarVoidravenC

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 DarkEldarVoidravenD

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 DarkEldarVoidravenE

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Sat Oct 29 2011, 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 22:04

Some more pics:

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 DarkEldarVoidravenF

The two canopies underneath the cockpit make my version of the perspex prism for the forward gunner, as described in the codex.
The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 DarkEldarVoidravenH

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 DarkEldarVoidravenG

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 DarkEldarVoidravenI

C&C welcome.
Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 22:48

Epiiiiiic !

Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 23:39

looks really good!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30 2011, 01:20

I want it … lol

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast -Dariaq Bladetongue of the Pierced Eye
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30 2011, 15:37

That Void Raven ist just awesome!

The only tiny bit of criticism I got is the open "topped" cockpit(s).
But that's not really changing anything about its awesomeness Wink

I want it.

Now.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30 2011, 21:16

Big ol' slice of AWESOME! Well done sir.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 22:34

Thanks everyone.

red_head wrote:
The only tiny bit of criticism I got is the open "topped" cockpit(s).

Yes, I seem to be in the minority with the open cockpits, but it's a theme consistent across all my DE vehicles - the pilots are maniacs who prefer the noise and blast of open-air they get from these half canopies.

Here are my second squad of Grotesques converted from Skaven Rat Ogres. I might have to re-take the pics at some point, they are in fact identical to first squad that I posted earlier in the thread, but somehow they have a yellow/orange hue in this photos, even though they were taken in the shade outside Sad

Full squad:

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 GrotesquesSquad2

Alternate Aberrations, one with Scissorhands and the other with a "Flesh Gauntlet":

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Grotesquespair3

Liquifier - still needs a suitable fuel tank, I am waiting for some Burna tanks from Ork Lootaz:

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Grotesquespair2

Regular Rat Ogres worked out very well once you fill the horrendous waist and shoulder gaps with GS. On their shoulders and backs, I blended it in with the fur already covering parts of their bodies.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Grotesquespair1

My other Grotesque gunner for my Coven Raider, this one with a Disintegrator:

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 GrotesqueGunnerDisintegrator

C&C welcome.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Nameless
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 16:56

Nice Grots. I've done the same thing, using Rat Ogres and Talos heads. I still need to dress them up with some Talos parts and paint them though.

What is that circular saw blade thing on the arm of the top left one from the first picture?
Back to top Go down
Caelyr
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 17:04

Looks to be a bit from the Killer Kans boxed set.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01 2011, 22:45

Nameless wrote:
..... What is that circular saw blade thing on the arm of the top left one from the first picture?

Caelyr wrote:
Looks to be a bit from the Killer Kans boxed set.

Yes, there's a buzz saw from a Killer Kan and power klaw from a Nob mixed in there.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 00:01

My first Cronos and Talos. I love these models but can never get over how small they seem to be, considering how menacing and nasty I imagine them to be.

I want to also do a bigger, meaner Cronos and the recent Secret Santa raid gave me the opportunity to try it. More on that later.

These two are bog-standard, with the Talos having magnetised arms and tail for the various weapons options. I think I am going to reverse the colours on the Spirit Vortex so that they are more in line with the one I put on my Voidraven, and the antennae here on the Talos. It's too dark at the moment.

C&C welcome. Cheers.

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Talos-Cronos1

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Talos-Cronos2

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Talos-Cronos3

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Talos-Cronos4

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 17:56

Holy crap Gobs- we had the same idea for the extra splinter pod thingies! I'm posting mine later, but my Cronos has a very similar setup.(Those bladed racks look STUPID!)
great minds think alike? Laughing

Those two big boys are looking awesome. Tried them in any games yet?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 18:59

Awesome paintjob there. Got to agree, the splinter pods look very good on the carapace. Wish I had thought of that.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 19:43

Thanks Kenny and ESE!

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Holy crap Gobs- we had the same idea for the extra splinter pod thingies! I'm posting mine later, but my Cronos has a very similar setup.(Those bladed racks look STUPID!)
great minds think alike? Laughing

For sure they do! Very Happy STUPIDLY FRAGILE was the first thought that sprang to my mind, and I have already had enough of my precious new DE break little pointy bits Mad I almost didn't use the others on my Cronos for that reason, but they at least do look kewl.

Quote :
Those two big boys are looking awesome. Tried them in any games yet?

No, have been laying low during the build-up for the Christmas campaign. Probably have to wait until early- to mid-January Sad

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 21:23

Those look great, we'll have to get them on the table for the jan club night..I'm bringing more stuff back from the UK so will have something different to face them with. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27 2011, 20:44

SirTainly wrote:
..... so will have something different to face them with. Smile

Prey tell? 'crons? You had a stash back home, didn't you?

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28 2011, 15:33

Gob, I'm drooling over those pain engines.

Those are amazing!

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29 2011, 15:25

Gobsmakked wrote:

Prey tell? 'crons? You had a stash back home, didn't you?

No the crons were already here, save one squad of warriors and a spare lord..sadly I couldn't get at the box with those in without doing loads of unpacking so I brought something else instead..I'll have them for the first Trumpeter's of the year so you can see then. Smile

Also thanks to my parents* I also managed to get some FW too - Reaper and Raven! Smile Didn't fancy carrying back the big beastie in the suitcase as I knew space would be tight, so I didn't order it this time.

*Roll on being able to get a proper Canadian credit card!
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 20:21

Very nice. I really like the extensive work that you have done on your army. Cheers!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Malverian Drakkarth
Hellion
Malverian Drakkarth

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 01:34

Really like the colour scheme mate - still dark but different from the "standard" Cool
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 08:16

Wow! Great stuff!

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
warhammerpaintservice
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 18:25

soz for this bit of treat necro... but i was looking for a reaper conversion and found it right under my nose. oooh im so giong to build 3 of those for my apoctalipse battles (and ofc make a nice data sheet for it)
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 09:41

fully wikid sick! loving the void raven. really.

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 18:27

Gobsmakked, I feel a bit of a moron for never having realized that the fantastic Wind-Surfing Helion was yours. Similarly, I've always been fond of your Rat Ogre grotesques. Your work on the Reaper and Void Raven...damn, man. Just damn.

Top shelf cheers

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies   The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Serpents' Breath - June 29, the first skimmers and bikes for my Harlies
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next