THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th Ed rumors and DE

Go down 
+57
Hijallo
KheraKhera
Ereshkigal
Crazy_Irish
NiteOwl
Sorrowshard
dominus nox
1++
Lord Clazaryn
CaptainBalroga
Farmer
Mandor
Deamon
pingualoty
lululu_42
Gobsmakked
Kinnay
Torpedo Vegas
stealthy327
IASGATG
Plague
thelordhellion
Eldur
Chaeril
Painjunky
Ghosttrain23
Siticus the Ancient
Arrex
DarkKokabel
Ben_S
MurderingBastard
blackoutcs
Grumpy Kwi
Demagoge
Inrit
Massaen
Archon Farath Mure
Cavash
The New AIDS
Count Adhemar
Azdrubael
SleepyPillow
Phototoxin
succorax
Thor665
Shadows Revenge
kenny3760
Allandrel
tlronin
Darkgreen Pirate
Sky Serpent
Firdeth
Ruke
Evil Space Elves
The_Burning_Eye
Nomic
Levitas
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
succorax
Hellion

6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18 2012, 22:59

hmmmmm early july you say.... could be a nice birthday gift then giant new rulebook Smile

Also looking to trade 5 build and sprayed helions for 3 Reaver jetbikes PM me if interested. can send photos and would pref the bikes unpainted or just sprayed.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27 2012, 11:40

Faeit 212 from BoLS wrote:
The latest 6th rumors breaking all over say:

-Look for random game length to head into history.
-That random terrain a la fantasy is only the beginning - look for being able to not only purchase a select group of terrain options for your army lists (bunkers, trenches, etc...) but....

wait for it...

-Template weapons are said to have the ability to SET TERRAIN AFLAME!!!!

I think everyone will be happy to see random game length disappear.

Ability to purchase terrain, will you do that? Big blocks of something would be nice to hide Raiders....

Burning terrain? Liquifiers at the ready.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31 2012, 20:37

Latest rumour is one we've heard for a while regarding close combat weapons having AP values, heres the biggy though.

Chainfists AP1
Powerfists AP2
Power weapons AP3

The end of the agoniser?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31 2012, 21:07

The Agoniser will be AP3 too, since he counts as power weapon that always wounds on 4+.

I like the idea fluffwise. Terminator-armor that gets cracked open by a whip? jk lol.

Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31 2012, 21:34

This chanse would mostly buff Marines even further, since they're the army that has the access to most power fists and 2+ saves. Poor xenos have few of eighter (except Orks, who can get quite a lot of powe klaws). Well, at least Drazhar might finally be useful.

Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31 2012, 22:20

Why would drazhar be useful? the 2+ save? well, he still doesn't get that vs powerfists and chainfists, so still pretty useless against a SM army anyway...

And since we dont have any access to powerfists or chainfists at all...

And MC's would still be pretty worthless... Though maybe since they roll 2d6 they would also count as AP1 for armor pen?

But yeah, if this is the case, the v.blade will really come into its own next ed...

Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 02:30

If this is true, I really hope there is more to it because all it seems to do is make Terminators* better, while making power weapon-armed units like Incubi and Howling Banshees far less effective at their primary role.

*Phoenix Lords, Ork Meganobz, Tau Broadside suits, etc. making up a much smaller part of the metagame.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 05:18

Metamgae will change.

Although on the first glance it does seem as marine buff (*sigh*), their chainswords would ignore our puny armor, our most advanced weapons wont ignore theirs. Thats rubbish i think.

I really hope vehicles will be nerfed , so we would have some space for Dissies instead of Lance-lance-lance.

Im alsmost certain Plasma will make it reappearence in 6th etidtion.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 05:33

Chainswords would be ap3? Thought chainswords were just standard CCW... In the end, when you're tossing wyches up against them, everything is gonna end up the same regardless, thanks to the 4++ dodge... except against heavy armor. Dissies will be the new cool thing... If the rumors of vehicles are true however, HWG's are going to go from "those are pretty nice, and useful" to "ZOMG! Necessary army element!!!".

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 08:03

SleepyPillow wrote:
The Agoniser will be AP3 too, since he counts as power weapon that always wounds on 4+.

Just for the record (I dont have the description on me right now), but isn't the quircky bit of the agoniser that the description does not in fact explicitly state it's a power weapon? Rather that it states it negates armour saves? So technically it's not a power weapon IIRC.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 09:16

tlronin wrote:
SleepyPillow wrote:

Just for the record (I dont have the description on me right now), but isn't the quircky bit of the agoniser that the description does not in fact explicitly state it's a power weapon? Rather that it states it negates armour saves? So technically it's not a power weapon IIRC.

Nope. Agonisers are stated as "power weapons that always wound on a 4+".

I am very concerned about any possible changes to normal cc weapons. If these become AP5, as rumoured, then it is another nail in the coffin of pretty much evey non-marine army out there. Your cc attacks bypass most of our armour whilst you get a 3+ save? That sounds fair! Oh, and your terminators become almost invulnerable in assault as we have no chain/power fists? Nice!

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 12:42

Count Adhemar wrote:
tlronin wrote:
SleepyPillow wrote:

Nope. Agonisers are stated as "power weapons that always wound on a 4+".

Oh then I must be mistaken with the old codex... Wink

Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 16:56

Quote :
I am very concerned about any possible changes to normal cc weapons. If these become AP5, as rumoured, then it is another nail in the coffin of pretty much evey non-marine army out there. Your cc attacks bypass most of our armour whilst you get a 3+ save? That sounds fair! Oh, and your terminators become almost invulnerable in assault as we have no chain/power fists? Nice!

In the end, it won't matter for us too much, since we have 4++ CC saves on our primary melee units anyway... it would hurt grots a little, but in the end the grots armor didnt do much for them anyway, and in any case, we would still get our FNP saves... the way these rules sound, as long as FNP isn't changed too much, we would get FNP against power weapons as well, so that's kind of nice...

The race these rules would hurt the most is the Orks... They're the only race that is excellent in melee combat, yet has low armor/invul saves...

Wonder how this would affect Guard/SoB eviscerators...

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2012, 19:37

Hmm...if power weapons will be AP3, then its logical to conlude that FnP will be ignored by all weapons AP3 and lower. What does this mean to the rest of our forces?

No FnP for Talos against Missile Launchers? What other AP3 shooting weapons are common?
Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2012, 02:41

Dark reapers may just make a comeback.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05 2012, 22:24

Something my brother just found:
http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/what-we-know-with-one-month-left-until.html

Looks like Dueling may be introduced, like in Fantasy Battle.

6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 05:56

On the one hand, that's great. On the other hand, fluff means that my succubus (now that I finally get ideas for my Cult) will need to challenge whenever possible. Oh well.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 06:28

I was kind of hoping that they would do assault more like 4th edition (which I only played 1 or 2 games of, so I'm a little fuzzy). If I remember right, any unit that was involved in the assault got their attacks, and you could allocate wounds to any of them (so IC's still got their attack even if they werent in b2b, and couldnt have attacks targeted at them), and if you lost assault, you didn't completely lose your squad in the sweeping advance, just a certain number of units...

Regardless, I don't like the idea of Dueling, however that does mean that Vect will be even more worth his points than he already is, as I'm relatively certain that he's the most beastly CC unit in the game right now. If you win the duel, it says that you win the assault that round, but it doesn't say anything about the effects of winning... do they just make a standard LD check with no penalties? IDK... sounds sketchy...

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 07:08

Combine the duel rules with AP3 power weapons and Drazhar becomes a killing machine and all but invulnerable

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 07:11

Except that if rumours are true, none of the Eldar or Dark Eldar special Characters except Karandras (powerfist), Yriel (singing spear that ignores armour saves) and Eldrad (witch blade that ignores armour saves) will be able to get past a 2+ save. This make me angry.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 10:10

I'm hoping they might FAQ some Eldar/DE melee weapons to have ap2. Basic power weapons migth have ap3, but that doesn't necessarily mean that special power weapons like agoniser or huskblade can't have ap2 (after all, a chainfist is essentially a power fist with special rules against vehicles, and it will apparently have different ap than the regular fist).

Drazhar would benefit from the rules as he'd become a serious threat to any unit not carrying multiple fists (his darting strike would allow him to easily stay out of the range of the power fist wielding sergeant, for example), and Vect would probably benefit from the challenge rules (most of our characters, really. With high ws and wounding anything on a fixed number, we're pretty good at killing big tough models. Only problem is thta once the shadow field fails, we tend to go splat).

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 10:27

Nomic wrote:
Drazhar would benefit from the rules as he'd become a serious threat to any unit not carrying multiple fists (his darting strike would allow him to easily stay out of the range of the power fist wielding sergeant, for example), and Vect would probably benefit from the challenge rules (most of our characters, really. With high ws and wounding anything on a fixed number, we're pretty good at killing big tough models. Only problem is thta once the shadow field fails, we tend to go splat).

Clone Fields might be the way to go, as long as you can protect your model from shooting attacks long enough to get into close combat.

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 11:36

Lelith ignores armor saves. That might justify her points in the new order of things.

Inrit
Hellion
Inrit

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 12:06

Also Lelith removes one attack to her opponent and get some bonus ones, so she could be really good in duels. Unfortunatly her low strenght is still a big drawback.
Back to top Go down
Demagoge
Hellion
Demagoge

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2012, 13:37

If she and her unit gains FC she will perhaps kill the enemy character in the first turn with S4.

Michael

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Ed rumors and DE
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next