THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Potential Army List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ArchonZeratul
Slave

Potential Army List Empty
PostSubject: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 01:16

So at the moment I have about 500 pts of this army completed lol, but I've been scheming for a 2000 point list. Please comment and give advice at your leisure.

HQ:
Haemonculus w Shattershard = 65
(riding with)
4 Incubi in Venom w extra SC + NS @ = 163

4 Trueborn w Blasters
in Venom w extra SC + NS = 183
= 183

4 Trueborn w Blasters
= 183

10 Kabalite Warriors w Splinter Cannon
in Raider w DL + Splinter Racks + NS = 180

5 Wyches w Haywire Grenades
in Venom w extra SC + NS = 135

6 Reavers w 2 Heat Lances = 156

5 Scourge w 2 Splinter Cannons = 130

Ravager with 3x DL + NS = 115

Razorwing Jetfighter w 4 Necrotoxin Missles + 2x Disintegrator Cannons
Nightshields, Flickerfields = 185

= 1925

There's a few things I've thought about to fill out the last 74 points, maybe giving some of the squads some sergeants. Giving the Incubi a Klaivex with Demiklaives, while expensive, makes them Terminator-killable. I was thinking about making the Hammy an ancient and giving him scissorhands, making him a more viable CC character. Another thought was to skimp a little to be able to add Baron to the Scourges.
Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 12:12

The venoms with wyches don't really need night shields in my experience.
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 13:04

ArchonZeratul wrote:

HQ:
Haemonculus w Shattershard = 65
(riding with)
4 Incubi in Venom w extra SC + NS @ = 163

Not bad, I would personally just drop off the pain token the hide at the back of the board though, so you don't give away Kill the warlord. Alternatively buy a second Haemie to do the hiding (you have the 50 points spare)

ArchonZeratul wrote:

4 Trueborn w Blasters
= 183

4 Trueborn w Blasters
= 183

Solid in this sort of agressive build.

ArchonZeratul wrote:

You have access to wracks and are already using an assault unit (Incubi) I'd be tempted to drop the NS and switch the Warriors for 10 wracks with 2 Liquifiers to backs up the Incubi in assault. These aren't bad units by any means, I just don't trust only ahving one assault unit and no the 5 man Wyche squads don't count.

ArchonZeratul wrote:

Alternatively switch these for 5 man wrack squads with liquifiers, that way you get better assault units, keep the firepower of your warrior squads and only lose a tiny bit of anti tank, which you seem to have covered elsewhere anyway.

ArchonZeratul wrote:

6 Reavers w 2 Heat Lances = 156

Sure. These are good. Think about maybe adding Grav Talons d6 Str6 hits is worth 20 points. Also remember when you turbo boost you don't have to go in a straight line, so you can "bounce" off units and end up out of LoS.

ArchonZeratul wrote:

5 Scourge w 2 Splinter Cannons = 130

In your list I'd probably switch these for more reavers w/ grav talons for greater damage output and better synergy with everything else.

ArchonZeratul wrote:

Solid. Moving on.

ArchonZeratul wrote:

Razorwing Jetfighter w 4 Necrotoxin Missles + 2x Disintegrator Cannons
Nightshields, Flickerfields = 185

Necrotoxin is a waste of points, Str 6 is fine. This is clearly being used as an anti infantry platform and will do that job very well. Nightshields are not that useful on the Razorwing as it is going to close anyway. I'd also consider switching to a 175 point Voidraven w/ 2 Shatterfields and a Flickerfield. Its a very solid unit with greater anti vehicle punch as oyu seem to have alot of anti infantry already.

ArchonZeratul wrote:

There's a few things I've thought about to fill out the last 74 points, maybe giving some of the squads some sergeants. Giving the Incubi a Klaivex with Demiklaives, while expensive, makes them Terminator-killable. I was thinking about making the Hammy an ancient and giving him scissorhands, making him a more viable CC character. Another thought was to skimp a little to be able to add Baron to the Scourges.
Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Demiklaives and a Klaivex for incs is usually a waste, just shoot termis. Baron isn't worth it in scourges, he is excellent in beasts. I'd also be careful about using an HQ you expose. Often better to keep them hidden and not give up the VP.
Back to top Go down
ArchonZeratul
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 23:58

That's what I'm talking about. Thanks a bunch for the input, I'll definitely start working on some tweaks. The inclusion of Wracks is something I want to do, but we'll see how the monetary funds work out, I also am very interested in a Beast pack for assault purposes, those razorwing flocks are brutal.

Two questions:
1: During turbo boost how exactly does one "bounce" off an enemy unit? Do you get just one pivot or something during the boost?

2: As for giving the Hammy's token to the Incubi; could I start the Hammies and the Incubi together, outside of their venom? Then first turn move the Incubi into there Venom and the Hammies elsewhere? I guess I don't know the specifics on dedicated transports.

Again, thanks for the info and assistance in this most pressing of matters. There's damned space marines to slaughter!
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 03:01

I think adding Wracks for additional CC is great for helping the Incubi, If swap out the Warriors for them I would keep the Scourges as you could use the AI power. If you swap out the Wyches then consider keeping them but giving them Haywire Blasters.

I agree with Drager that Necrotoxin Missles are a waste. At best take 2 of them so you can try to force pinning tests while hitting with Mono's.
I don't think the Voidraven is worth it for this list. You have plenty of AT so the Lances are not required and then are just paying a lot of extra points for a 1 use bomb.

For the Haemy PT and the Incubi just start the Haemy in the Venom and have him leave first turn and run for cover that way if you don't get first turn your Incubi have a Venom to hide in from enemy fire.
Back to top Go down
ArchonZeratul
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 03:10

So I would only take 4 incubi deploying together with the Hammy?
I like the idea of backing up the Incubi with Wracks, especially if there's just gonna be four of em.
Thanks a lot for the help.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 07:53

Drager wrote:

Sure. These are good. Think about maybe adding Grav Talons d6 Str6 hits is worth 20 points. Also remember when you turbo boost you don't have to go in a straight line, so you can "bounce" off units and end up out of LoS.

This is wrong, It does have to be in a straight line (see FAQ). You can do an L vane with your 12" move and your 36" move but other then that bladevane attacks are always in a straight line.

As for cluster caltrops (I assume that's what you mean) they are very effective, but also very expensive if you are not using them every turn (it really depends how you plan on using your reavers), personally I think you are better of getting more reavers and a third lance then spending 40pts on caltrops (of course that depends on what models you have). This will increase your bladevane damage, give you more wounds, more shots, more AT and more attacks.

Last edited by Mushkilla on Wed Aug 22 2012, 10:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArchonZeratul
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 09:56

Yea that's what I thought. If I beefed up the squad I'd take the three extra reavers with another heat lance. I still have yet to play games with some of these units but I've been reading a bunch (some of which has come from your battle reports Mushkilla) so I'm just gonna keep slowly building my army and see what works well together.
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 12:36

Mushkilla wrote:
Drager wrote:

This is wrong, It does have to be in a straight line (see FAQ). You can do an L vane with your 12" move and your 36" move but other then that bladevane attacks are always in a straight line.

As for cluster caltrops (I assume that's what you mean) they are very effective, but also very expensive if you are not using them every turn (it really depends how you plan on using your reavers), personally I think you are better of getting more reavers and a third lance then spending 40pts on caltrops (of course that depends on what models you have). This will increase your bladevane damage, give you more wounds, more shots, more AT and more attacks.

Hadn't spotted that. Had to be in a straight line in 5th due to how turbo worked, had missed that in the FAQ thanks. Sorry mixed up the names in my head, yeah caltrops. 2d6 str 6 hits at 40 points just seems more valuable to me than 3d3 str 3 at 66 points.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 13:34

Drager wrote:
2d6 str 6 hits at 40 points just seems more valuable to me than 3d3 str 3 at 66 points.

It's a trap. Smile

Caltrops replace your bladevanes. So a squad of 6 would have 4d4 S4 attacks and 2d6 S6 attacks. Whereas a squad of 9 would have 9d4 S4 attacks. The average number of wounds against T4 for the squad of 6 with caltrops is 9.83. The average number of wounds against T4 for the squad of 9 without caltrops is 9.

Before caltrops made sense because with smaller squads it was easier to get out of line of sight or get cover, however in 6th with the new "jink" rule larger squads don't really have any disadvantages.

The only squad I would run caltrops in in 6th would be: 9 reavers, 3 caltrops as a dedicated anti-infantry unit. Personally though, I prefer the versatilely of lances.
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 22:02

Fair enough I defer to your reaver expertise Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential Army List   Potential Army List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential Army List
Page 1 of 1