THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 pt Doubles Tournament List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaakath
Hellion

1000 pt Doubles Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1000 pt Doubles Tournament List   1000 pt Doubles Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2013, 18:22

Hey guys, I have a doubles tourney on the 16th, and am taking my DE. Partners are random each round (3 of em).

Here's what I'm considering taking:

Archon
Venom Blade
Shadow Field
Combat Drugs

Warriors 5
Blaster
Venom
Splinter Cannon

Warriors 5
Blaster
Venom
Splinter Cannon

Warriors 10
Splinter Cannon
Raider
Night Shield
Flickerfield
Splinter Racks

Ravager 1
Night Shield
Flickerfield

Ravager
Night Shield
Flickerfield

Wyches 9
Hydra Gauntlets
Hekatrix
Venom Blade
Raider
Flickerfield
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Doubles Tournament List   1000 pt Doubles Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2013, 22:18

Any comments?
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Doubles Tournament List   1000 pt Doubles Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 00:28

Swap out the Archon for the Duke, he will bring much more flexibility and and options for a few more points. His weapons are also better than a straight Venom Blade. It may Wound on 3+, but any 5s and 6s ignore Armor Saves which makes it better in the long run vs enemies with decent Armor saves.

Drop the Splinter Cannon warrior on the Raider and put the Duke in that Squad. 3+ to wound with Rerolls is Nasty.

Lower the Wych count to 5 and put them on one of the Venoms.

You want the Ravagers to have Night Shields. Always keep them at Max distance.

You may alternatively want to include a squad of Blasterborn on a Venom or a Squad of 4 Trueborn with 2x Splinter Cannons + 2 Shard Carbines and attach the Duke there.
Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Doubles Tournament List   1000 pt Doubles Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 00:35

Zaakath wrote:
Any comments?

The list is good. play it.
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Doubles Tournament List   1000 pt Doubles Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 03:28

Bali, the issue with the Duke here, is that I don't like characters in games under 1500 points, and to get him I'd have to drop 45 points somewhere. The Wyches are going to be a tarpit (hopefully); the initial list had a haemy there over the archon, but I had 50 points to play with.

Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Doubles Tournament List   1000 pt Doubles Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 03:47

Give it a run then!

I've had more luck with the flails than the Hydra Gauntlets on the Wychs though.
Back to top Go down
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Doubles Tournament List   1000 pt Doubles Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 04:56

So, ended up with 2 minor wins and a major loss.

Game one was paired with foot orks vs a SM biker list and chaos on foot. No fliers on either side.

5 Objectives, Dawn of War.

Highlights:
Archon dies on turn one in a challenge with a relic bladed captain. First save; a one. Of course.
Minor Victory here.

Game Two was paired with a very new, young player with space marines vs tau and space wolves.

Kill Points, Spearhead.

We barely win, tabling the space wolves, me ending with a ravager on the board, and my parner losing nothing. Literally... Nothing.

Game three with another DE player... who brought a tantalus to a 1000 tourney. Vs drop pod space wolves and 2 vendetta, valkyrie and a vulture IG.

Turn 5 game ends with them claiming 2 obj of 3, with us haivng none; had one more turn occured, we likely would have won.

Oh well.

Fun day all around, so a good day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Doubles Tournament List   1000 pt Doubles Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 pt Doubles Tournament List
Page 1 of 1