THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Arena

Go down 
+17
Plague
Archon Sussarkh
Raucir Lustingclaw
Warhound
GAR
Tiri Rana
dizylizy
SirTainly
bork
Thor665
Garfy
Sky Serpent
speedfreek
Gobsmakked
Local_Ork
Xelkireth
Hydra
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bork
Slave

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 15:58

this warms my black icey heart.

superb work i cant wait to see this finished
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 17:28

Ausgezeichnet! So very cool!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 18:54

The scale of this thing is pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
dizylizy
Hellion

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 22:26

What are the dimensions like?
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 10:59

Well well... i owe you some pictures i guess, eh?

Games Day was a blast. I was in the GD jury and so i had one of the best and one of the thoughest job there... looking at the most beautifull toy soldiers and judging which is better than the others.
The rest of the games day was great, but sadly i did not have much time to see it. Interessting news for this board, is that someone is working at Forge World on a quite large (around thunderhawk size) thing and the already seen katamaran style thing is going to be released soon.

So, aside from the pictures already floating around the web... here some shots on our stores FB-Page:
Facebook. Sadly I can't post sample pictures... for some techno-mage stuff i can't understand.

I haven't been idle in the last week though.

A couple of friends and myself decided to make this supposed-to-be-the-summer-of-flyers,
the summer of flyers, or Murderous Skies.

I am deeply in love with the razorwing model, so i added another one to my growing air domination. But, inspiried by so many wonderfull minatures from GD, i took some more time on the base.
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5565_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5566_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5567_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5569_resize

I am planing on a third one to make the set complete Very Happy

Next, i decided that my beastmasters don't look much like beastmasters aside from the fact that they ride on beasts. Reading the background again, i decided that they all should have maskes to show what sort of beasts they control. So 2 Kyhmera-Heads, 2 Razor-Flock Heads and one Claw-Beast head was needed. The two Birdmen will get of cause two harpy heads. The others needed some bitz and Greenstuff action. Here they are:
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5572_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5574_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5576_resize
You can guess which one is which Wink

And now to the probably biggest project for this army sofar. The bomber.
I don't want to wait until a model is available for this, so i decided to go for it. Inspired by someones conversion (i can't remeber whos, sorry) i got a vyper and a razorwing and set to work.
Here is what i could manage yesterday:
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5563_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5559_resize

And finally a closeup on this crazy lances they have:
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5562_resize

I hope to finish him next week. Let me hear what you think a bout all that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 19:11

Hydra wrote:
Interessting news for this board, is that someone is working at Forge World on a quite large (around thunderhawk size) thing and the already seen katamaran style thing is going to be released soon.

Thanks for that tidbit Hydra, what a tease! [discussion goes here]

Your Voidraven is off to a great start. I've also been tempted to try this combo after seeing another posted on Warseer/BoLS, might still do it after I see the official model. Those lances are suitably impressive and the wing extensions are a thing of beauty.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Aug 22 2011, 05:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 22:16

Realy love the Beastmaster Idea. These heads are looking awesome.

The voidraven looks great, too. Like Gobsmakked said, if the official model looks dull, that's the way to go.
Only objection is that the nose is sizeably leaning to the left, but this might be the camera angle. And I'd add a bigger tail fin to balance the added frontal mass.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13 2011, 04:00

I have seen this conversion on BOLS. Its a good one and you have put this together nicely.

And the beastmasters...Top Notch from what have seen so far. The bar has been set high on these...No pressure. LOL

More please.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 00:16

Good ever-evening fellow darklings!

It has been some time since i last posted some progress.

The heads have been painted and attatched, but sadly i didn't take some pictures.

The raven has been blended and already been painted (and destroyed more orks than it is worth to count) but for now, you will have to accept the WIP shot i have taken. Pictures of the painted bomber soon to follow!

The Arena - Page 2 DSC00940_resize
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00943_resize
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00944_resize
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00945_resize

And to follow the "action"-base-scheme, some use for the "on hangers"
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00942_resize
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 17:19

YEAH BABY YEAH!

I'm loving this.

More please!
Back to top Go down
Warhound
Slave

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23 2011, 13:08

Awesome work Hydra!

I have been sculking around for a while now, and this board has some great talent and some fantastic ideas!

Can I ask what putty/ material use used on the Voidraven- it looks very smooth!

Also, what is this tube tool you refer to for making putty piping?

All the worst dreams

Warhound
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23 2011, 23:06

Anyone else want to see Hydra build something and GAR paint it? Crossover genius! Show of hands! cheers

Raucir
Back to top Go down
Archon Sussarkh
Slave

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2011, 23:55

Yeah Laucir great idea, would love to see that. Maybe one of the special characters, this would be so awesome.
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 11:41

This entire thread is full of win! The freehand on that Razorwing is amazing! So many cool things I think my head is going to explode. Great work Hydra!
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 15:31

Raucir Lustingclaw wrote:
Anyone else want to see Hydra build something and GAR paint it? Crossover genius! Show of hands! cheers

Raucir

While I appreciate the sentiment, I do believe Hydra is a more than capable artist who can turn out his vision and continue to amaze us all with his accomplishments.

Now get to paintin' and keep the rabble amused!! Twisted Evil

By the way, the base idea if brilliant. YOU WILL SEE IT or something very similar on my own razorwings and other vehicles. I'm not going to borrow the idea, I'm going to steal it since I have no intention of returning it. Its the DE way. LOL
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 13:46

@GAR: Please go a head and steal it Very Happy

In other news... well, quite old news (are old news news anyway?)

some pictures of my painted bomber Twisted Evil

The Arena - Page 2 DSC00982
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00981
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00980
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00979
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00978
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00977
The Arena - Page 2 DSC00984

Will try and get some shots of my upcoming court today...
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 16:05

Love the way you have painted those blades!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 16:59

Ditto.

I also like Woody Woodpecker on the base. Pretty good execution of mixing different kits.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 18:35

Beautiful conversion, I received the bitz to create my own VR on Friday and I am looking at extending the wings as you have done.

And the painting is amazing as usual Hydra. A great model in every way!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 23:13

Really good work on the Voidraven.

Hydra I want dioramas!

I've seen what you've done on other forums for the lesser races and would love to see you do something similar with the Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 11:09

@All: thanks a lot! I am really glad you like my stuff Very Happy

@ Sky Serpent: Well, Dioramas are always something special. For me, they are done for a comeptition in anyway. The ones i did for the nids have always been for the Golden Demon.
But that is not what keeps me from doing something for DE.
I don't have the idea. I don't want to put my effort in something that doesn't catch the mood of DE.
I could do another "Guards-standing-there-being-surprised" thing, but it feels to plain. I would love to do a court. Especially since i am learning for my studies all about this piece: The Arena - Page 2 800px-Hofstaat_zu_Delhi_am_Geburtstag_des_Gro%C3%9Fmoguls01

But i don't have time/money right now. But i promise, i will do a diorama as soon as i find the idea (do you happen to have a good one in your pocket?)

So, when i am not studying for my final exams or caring for my kyhmera (her name is sam) i sometimes find time to finish things.
So here is the Court of my Archon (with 2 Sslyth missing):
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5657_resize

The lovely, but highly unaffective Lady
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5665_resize

The make 2 of 1 Bobble-Head:
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5666_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5668_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5669_resize

And now to some experience with Finecast on an example:
The bad news where that the weapon sprue of the Sslyth was utterly failcast. But luckily these arms can be easily exachanged with other bits:
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5659_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5662_resize
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5660_resize

And here the positive example. Bought 3 Yrr'ghuls, build 5, with some spare VC ghuls.
But the real surprise was, how easy the resin ghuls could be converted. All i needed was a mug full of hot water and within minutes, i had 3 different poses, no sawing, no gluing, no GS-Work:
The Arena - Page 2 IMG_5671_resize

So, what is on my table next? I am aiming for another 20 Warriors (which will leave me with 40) and 2 Raiders for them, another 20 Hagashin (which will leave me with 40 again) and 4 Raiders in Cult-colours, 6 more Jetbikes, 1 Razorwing, some harpys, and the boss-raider... and what ever catches my eye first...
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 18:02

Has a nice Maori feel to it.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 18:18

Wow that court is mind blowingly good! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12 2011, 09:29

Greetings Darklings!

I recently have nothing exciting done (atleast nothing i have taken pictures of... will change that...)

My time is quite limited, since i will have 3 exams in a row next week and that swallows up almost every minute i have.
None the less i had time to think about the Haemi-Stuff i want to add to my army once my exams are done. For that purpose, I brainstormed with a friend of mine about the look and he made some concept sketches, i would like to share with you.

As you can see the face is the most tricky part, but i already have some ideas how to convert these ideas into an actuall model, but more on that topic later.

Until then, enjoy the art of Metin Temel (who is actually working on a comic...)
The Arena - Page 2 Scannen0003_resize
The Arena - Page 2 Scannen0004_resize
The Arena - Page 2 Scannen0005_resize
The Arena - Page 2 Scannen0006_resize
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12 2011, 09:53

Nice. Can't wait for model Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Arena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena   The Arena - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Arena
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next