THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies? Empty
PostSubject: Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies?   Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 13:15

Hey guys!

I usually don't usually play really heavy competitive lists but I came up with a list just for fun.

I have no idea what Im doing when it comes to cheesy lists, I think, so I thought you guys may have som pointers. Is it even playable?

Since I don't play with eldar or any other allies I don't know 100% how to kit them so if you have any ideas please tell.

1841pts

HQ
Baron Sathonyx 105pts

Heamonculus 50pts

ELITES
3x Kabalite Trueborn 56pts
-2x Splintecannons
Venom 75pts
-Night Shield

3x Kabalite Trueborn 81pts
-3x Blasters
Venom 75pts
-Night Shield

3x Kabalite Trueborn 81pts
-3x Blasters
Venom 75pts
-Night Shield

TROOPS
3x Wracks 30pts
Venom 75pts
-Night Shield

3x Wracks 30pts
Venom 75pts
-Night Shield

3x Wracks 30pts
Venom 75pts
-Night Shield

3x Wracks 30pts
Venom 75pts
-Night Shield

FAST ATTACK
4x Beastmasters 228pts
-10x Khymerae
-4x Razorwings

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager 115pts
-Night Shields

Ravager 115pts
-Night Shields

ALLIES
Farseer 155pts (?)
-bike
-shard of anaris(?)

5x Dire Avengers 65pts

wave serpent with some kind of gear 145pts (?)

I wanted some kind of deathstar, a lot of venoms and ofc OK anti-tank. But i don't know if 3-man wrack units is that good? Will they just die or will my opponent shoot at everything else instead?

I'd love some wyches in a raider to tie up units and distract my opponent so that the beastunit can do what they wanna do. But that means giving up venoms...

The Blasterborn will follow the beastunit to get in blasterrange.

So what do you think? Do you have any cheesy lists you want to share?
Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

PostSubject: Re: Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies?   Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 15:09

I don't know much about cheesy lists but I think that those wrack units are easy kills in a kill point game and easy kills in an objective game. I guess you could hide them on your backline and use the Nightshield to avoid being shot at but then you are having 420 of your points do nothing for most of the game. I think units of 5 would be better.

I don't think that the Shard is optimal on a Farseer - you only have a single attack on your profile and he's running solo. Perhaps you mean Mantle of the Laughing God? It gives him Shrouded + Infiltrate with the ability to re-roll failed cover saves. He loses Independent Character however so can't join units but can still challenge. I personally prefer this on an Autarch but thats only because I want the Mantle to allow him to play aggresively, rather than used defensively.

EDIT: I also think your Dire Avengers are too small (and easily destroyed), I know you want to take a Wave Serpent as they're considered 'Broken' on the internet, but that, like many things, tends to be when there are large numbers of them. If it was me I wouldn't bother with this unit, I'd take Jetbike Guardians but thats only because I love them so much!

Blasterborn look like they could get badly hurt by following the beast pack; all your eggs in one basket (or small section of the table) comes to mind...

Edit: you could drop 1 wrack venom, swap 2 wrack units for Wyches (leaving you with 1 wrack unit), bump all units up to 5 strong and give the Wyches haywire grenades. Would leave you about 5pts spare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies?   Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 16:56

The wracks are mainly just for getting the venom and the wracks are cheaper. But I will struggle with holding objectives and in KP. The shard is for giving the unit fearless, it quite expensive though.

That's true, the bikes would probably be a way better choice and the Wave Serpent is pricey.
Should I maybe swap the blasterborn for wyches?
Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

PostSubject: Re: Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies?   Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 17:07

Fearless for which unit? Your farseer is too vulnerable to flying around by himself and I can't see an obvious unit for him to join...

Oh. You mean the Beastmaster unit? I think that you are putty WAAAAAY too many eggs into that basket - you don't need a farseer in there bro, that unit will rip almost anything it'll meet in combat. Your mission is to ensure that it reaches your enemy as intact as possible. This will not occur if you keep adding to it with more increasingly expensive units / models that will give up a large amount of kill points if destroyed.

Here's what I would do:

Farseer
Mantle (so he can go solo)
OR Spirit Stones

If you go Mantle then take a cheap troop choice that fulfills a role that non of our units can easily get, whilst remaining fairly tough to kill eg. Rangers in cover, weapons platform Guardians etc.

If you go Spirit stones then get some Jetbike Guardian buddies to give him some ablative wounds. Add a single Warlock to this unit (because they offer some nice psychic powers).

If you go the Mantle route then the saving from getting rid of the wave serpent / dire avengers and taking rangers (or cheap equivalent) instead. This should free some points up for a Wych Venom.

I think you should keep the blasterborn as you could be lacking anti-tank stuff otherwise...
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies?   Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 20:47

The shard is great on the seer if he is in the beast unit. Makes them much more reliable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies?   Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nasty 1850pts list w/ eldar allies?
Page 1 of 1