THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29 2014, 16:14

One issue. The one place you kept a blaster is where the Duke goes, right? That means that's one less warrior getting his weapon upgraded to 3+ poison for free.
Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30 2014, 06:27

I know. Still i need it to give the unit an extra antitank shot. before they had a splinter cannon and have been tied and quashed by a dreadnought twice. Never again!!
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 23:58

Hi citizen
I have one question. If I deploied Sliscus with a trueborn unit equiped with SC and a venom as dedicated transport, does the venom SC get also upgrased to 3+. I precised that Sliscus is next to the venom and not inside since he is within 2" of the unit. Then in the movement phase he will joined a unit of wiches in a raider as bodyguard.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2014, 21:30

kourac31 wrote:
Hi citizen
I have one question. If I deploied Sliscus with a trueborn unit equiped with SC and a venom as dedicated transport, does the venom SC get also upgrased to 3+. I precised that Sliscus is next to the venom and not inside since he is within 2" of the unit. Then in the movement phase he will joined a unit of wiches in a raider as bodyguard.

No.
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2014, 01:38

No to what: the bonus to the venom or because he is not inside?

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2014, 03:09

kourac31 wrote:
No to what: the bonus to the venom or because he is not inside?

Both. The venom doesn't get 3+ because the ability specifies that it effects kabalite warriors or trueborn. And him being within 2 inches doesn't do anything if they're in the transport. If they're not in the transport, you can have him join the other unit, THEN have them load up into the venom, but that limits mobility for both vehicles on their first turn.
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2014, 04:44

But now you can embark in a vehicle then it can move its full movement. It is only limited to 6" if you disembark, no ?
Where can I find that it specify that a IC have to be inside a vehicle to be considered deployed with the unit ? I may need that for a tournament.

In the special rule description for the IC I have found:
"Joining and Leaving a Unit
An Independent Character can begin the game already with a unit, either by being deployed in unit coherency with it or, if the unit is reserve, by you informing your opponent of which unit it ha joined."

I now it is also stated that an IC can not join units that contain vehicles or MC. But I'm not sure it applies in this case since it is a dedicated transport and not a unit of vehicles likes walker or tanks.

So the Duke only need to be deployed within 2" of the venom containing the truborn to transfer them the 3+ upgrade for me

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2014, 15:30

After reviewing the 7th ed rules, you can now disembark from one transport and embark upon another without effecting either transports ability to move, so long as neither one moved prior to you disembarking or embarking. But you DO have to embark on the transport to join the unit. From the rulebook: "If either an Independent Character or a unit is already in a vehicle,
the other may join them by embarking too."

So, you can start the duke in the transport with the trueborn, disembark him and embark him in the other transport, then move both normally(but can't ram/tank shock). But the venom still won't have 3+ poison.
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2014, 17:01

ok thanks

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread   Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Sliskus 1500 pts list: evolutive thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2