THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex

Go down 
+50
Ripper.McGuirl
Archon_91
Kalmah
Grimcrimm
Alezya
Banbaji
Dalamar
TheBaconPope
Eldur
Count Adhemar
Koldan
Oaka
HERO
Subsanity
CptMetal
sekac
AzraeI
mynamelegend
krayd
Sarcron
nerdelemental
Pippolele
Azdrubael
The Strange Dark One
Dark Elf Dave
colinsherlow
Gherma
Soulless Samurai
effespwnz
Gelmir
WrackYourBrains
harlokin
Skulnbonz
Lyijysiipi
mightydoughnut
DevilDoll
GreyArea
ferrusmanus
Rodi Sikni
Cavash
Barking Agatha
sweetbacon
fisheyes
Elfric
JRG
Denegaar
albions-angel
Cerve
Silverglade
Burnage
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 03:31

Yes, no change to the shadowfield.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 04:17

sweetbacon wrote:

Still guaranteed to fail on the first or second attack.

AzraeI likes this post

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 04:22

sekac wrote:
sweetbacon wrote:

Still guaranteed to fail on the first or second attack.

LOL. So very true.

So for those of you comparing an archon to a space marine captain, you do have to factor in that you should statistically get 2 or 3 additional turns attacking with your archon over what that space marine captain.

You can't just look at offensive potential in isolation. You do have to also compare points differentials. But those aren't that far off, so pretty fair comparison. But it does mean for example that you can't compare to a hive tyrant model for model.

Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 04:22

I've been building lists for hours. This is the most fun I've had in a very long time.

This book is outrageously good, not in the sense that I think its completely dominant or have a unit that's so over the top it's going to run the meta, but it's a meta-defining book in a good way.

My Wyches have literally been waiting to play since 5th. I'm ecstatic.

Back to making lists, I'll start a thread in the army list section if anyone wants to join me.

PS - Soulless, my dude, take a break from the game man. Just let others enjoy it for once, and this is me saying this to you since I've seen you do this in every book we've had since 6th (rightfully so), give it a rest.

sweetbacon, The Strange Dark One, Cerve, WrackYourBrains, Sarkesian, Burnage, Elfric and Swordxart like this post

Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 09:25

Unfortunately, the video linked to me did not provide a readable picture of the Wych datasheet.

Can someone talk me through their special rules?

I have seen people here saying only one of each special weapon, and I have noticed shardnet and Impaler have lost their fallback special rule. I would be really keen on understanding the wych weapon changes.

If someone has a link to the engish datasheet, that would be greatly appreciated instead.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 09:36

albions-angel wrote:
Unfortunately, the video linked to me did not provide a readable picture of the Wych datasheet.

I have seen people here saying only one of each special weapon, and I have noticed shardnet and Impaler have lost their fallback special rule. I would be really keen on understanding the wych weapon changes.

If someone has a link to the engish datasheet, that would be greatly appreciated instead.

I don't have the english datasheet, I've the italian one.

Shardnet hasn't lost his ability, it just changed a bit. It's not in the weapon, it is directly in the No Escape rules, which basically say: "both roll the dice, add -1 to the opponet roll for every Shardnet on the wyches unit".
Now it works on everything besides <Titans>. Yes, you can tarpit even veichles, monsters, bikes etc..

You have only 1 special weapon every 10 Wyches. Yes that's a nerf. But with a complete view of the thing, it doesn't matter so much. Wyches hit like trucks right now, you will not miss that.
Don't forget that Venom and Raider now costs 85 point each (2 splinter cannons / 1 dark lance).

Yeah Raiders are the way to go if you just need a transport. Venoms right now are something you list when you actually want to play on them (i.e. Poisoned Tongue Venom spam).
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 09:57

I need to convert my trueborn into wracks.
They can't use the 4 blasters of old anyway and I looove DT liquifier drive by shooting.
I just have to figure out which Kabal to take.

The rerolling blaster is great, but I love PT, too!

I'm going to send the big Boss into combat when I finished building my raging heroes Incubbi.

Any suggestion which kabal to take?

Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:07

CptMetal wrote:
I need to convert my trueborn into wracks.
They can't use the 4 blasters of old anyway and I looove DT liquifier drive by shooting.
I just have to figure out which Kabal to take.

The rerolling blaster is great, but I love PT, too!

I'm going to send the big Boss into combat when I finished building my raging heroes Incubbi.

Any suggestion which kabal to take?

For me, I ask myself: "Am I going to run a Realspace Raid with Incubi, or Scourges battery?" If yes, I would consider BlackHeart just for the Writ.

Am I going to spam Venoms? Poisoned Tongue.

Am I going to rely on Blasters and Dark Lances only, maybe with Trueborns? Obsidian Roses. Just because rerolling 1 wound roll sounds better when you hit on 2+.
And Blasters at 24" sounds better.
For DL Raiders and Ravagers, both BH and Rose are good.

Burnage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:12

HERO wrote:

PS - Soulless, my dude, take a break from the game man. Just let others enjoy it for once, and this is me saying this to you since I've seen you do this in every book we've had since 6th (rightfully so), give it a rest.

Going by the number of likes this post received, I'll take it as read that I'm no longer wanted on this forum.

Farewell then.

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:26

I’d like to take a pretty standard list but I also want to have a good option for 3 patrols or a realspace raider.

I think I will build my list around realspace raiders and go 3 patrols when I want to use Draz.

I’m really liking the BH re roll a hit per unit for Raiders with a DL. It makes that unit re roll hits basically.

24” blasters though...dam that also sounds good!
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:26

Soulless Samurai wrote:
HERO wrote:

Going by the number of likes this post received, I'll take it as read that I'm no longer wanted on this forum.

Farewell then.

Its not that you arnt wanted, mate. Honestly, for my part, Im kinda worried about you. Theres not liking something, and then there is what you are posting. You dont seem ok. I kinda agree with HERO, you might need to take a step back from Drukhari for a little while, if not from 40k. For your own sake.

From what you say, you wont feel like you are missing out much anyway. We would love to have you still post here, comment on peoples builds, have fun with the lore, or painting, or whatever. But if you really feel that way about the codex changes, and at this point you are passionately disagreeing with everyone (even the others that feel the codex is a net loss - even they can see some benefits), then maybe you need some time off.

If its covid, we get it. The last 14 months or so has been crap for everyone. Things seem to be turning a corner in most countries, and the northern hemisphere is entering some good weather, while the last traces of summer are still hanging around the southern hemisphere. Maybe its time to take a step back and take up a hobby that doesnt make you feel this way.

You dont have to take this advice, but at this point, you are, at best, yelling into the void, at worst, baiting fellow forum members into arguments. And that may get a few banned. And that may seem funny. But the mods are not stupid and you risk getting banned yourself.

We will be here when you get back. We love how much you care, and we all want you part of this scene. But mate, this does not seem healthy for you right now.

Cerve, WrackYourBrains, CptMetal, nerdelemental, TheBaconPope, Burnage, Glass Battleaxe and like this post

Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:28

I want to try a ton of stuff, but having a small Dark Creed patrol to combo with some Incubi Tormentors, Trophies and PGLs is right up there in my list.
Back to top Go down
JRG
Hellion
JRG

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:39

It's not fair to pick on someone and tell them to stop posting just because their opinion is different. If someone was being aggressive or offensive then the forum rules and mods will deal will it. The best part of a community and discussion is differences in views and opinion. I think the new codex is fantastic and I'm really excited to get the new codex and start theory crafting, until then reading these forums and posts will have to tide me over, (Thanks all), I quite enjoy people highlighting the weaker areas as while as the strong pieces, as then when I come to crafting my own lists I'd already have been informed by the views of others. (To support my own conclusions)

We all know time will tell what's good and bad, until then let's talk and discuss to find what is good and bad. Challenge each other views with arguments and evidence not just silence them. I think this forum has some real pedigree of dark Eldar experience so let's use that to go out there and dominate the slave races and help each other. 😁 Happy hunting all, I'm hoping to catch me a Gulliman in my nets soon!

Cavash, The Strange Dark One, WrackYourBrains, Scrz, TheBaconPope, AzraeI, Lyijysiipi and Pippolele like this post

Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:39

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
I’d like to take a pretty standard list but I also want to have a good option for 3 patrols or a realspace raider.

I think I will build my list around realspace raiders and go 3 patrols when I want to use Draz.

I’m really liking the BH re roll a hit per unit for Raiders with a DL. It makes that unit re roll hits basically.

24” blasters though...dam that also sounds good!

Really struggling to fit things into a list at this point. 2000pts seems really low now. Is onslaught the new strike force? I know AoS took the model count down, but 3000pt is pretty standard over there now.

1 patrol of probably Poison kabalites:

1 (Master?) Archon
2 Ravagers (DL)
2x10 kabalites - no specials
2 Raiders with SR and DL

1 patrol of Red Grief:

1 Master Succi (WL)
1x10 Wych with Shardnet (BloodBriads this one?)
1x5 Wych (or Bloodbraids this one?)
1 Raider with Chain Snares and DL
1 Venom (venom potentially belongs to Kabal)
2x6 Reaver with 2 Heat Lance and 2 Grav Talon

1 patrol of Cursed Blade

1 Master Succi
1x10 Wych with Shardnet (BB?)
1x5 Wych (or BB?)
1 Raider with Chain Snares and DL
1 Venom
1 Beast Master
4 Clawed Fiends

I wanted to cram some Hellions in the CB patrol, but cant. I can potentially cut one of the 10 Wyches down to 5, swap a raider for a venom. That buys me another clawed fiend. But I am really tight on points.

Gunna have to shelve my Razorwing and my Scourges. The Scourges were getting shelved anyway, but unless I go to 3000 pts...

Man, ideally I want a razorwing and a voidraven, and a squad of 10 hellions in there. Simply cant happen in this army.

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:41

Denegaar wrote:
I want to try a ton of stuff, but having a small Dark Creed patrol to combo with some Incubi Tormentors, Trophies and PGLs is right up there in my list.

That's the way I want to try it.

Do you know what I really love about this book? That there's not a single Obsession that prevales on the others...because not a single Obsession brings out any powerfull effect.

Pick the Wychcult: which one of the 3 named Obsessions makes them better on melee? No one. Whyces are just crazy good byTHEMSELVES!
You would think about +1Sr which is in fact the straight foward buff. But then you realise that you will already have Sr4 and 4 attacks. And you're fragile out of combat, so what if you'll miss that charge? You're dead.
So you see Strife and Red Grief. But rerolling charges is crazy good, so RedGrief. But....you know, going first is pretty good too, and you have that supergood stratagem that makes you fight twice...so Strife.
But then, oh, Sr5 is so cool...then Cursed Blade? Yes but..

This is amazing. This is the sign of a really good written Codex! When you don't know what to choose, and everything is so good!

You will see it with Covens too. Prophets of Flesh is far from being so obnoxious. Yes it has durable Wracks.
But an additional ap-1 in this meta of Powerarmours? That's nasty.
But you're running Incubi, isn't it? So that -1Ld + -2Ld from Trophies....and you know, DarkCreed basically hit on 2+ since T1, beacuse of his -1Ld. Heck, you will hit at 2+ even Necrons if you just manage to bring out DarkCreed+Trophies on them (10-3=7, you beat it).
So DarkCreed has a +1 to hit overall AND it triggers with Incubi.
...but you really like big guys isn't it? Artist of the Flesh+Multiple Haemonculus (maybe the WL Trait that heals up 3 wounds). Ah C'MON! But hey, you would like to run 13th/DarkCreed Cronos just because it helps on killing stuffs in melee, so you can heal up and/or revitalise dead TALOS (yes you can, Taloi come back to life). And it works between Obsessions, so mate 6 Artists of the Flesh Taloi+3 DarkCreed/13th Cronos?
Oh...that means multiple Patrols. Bye Realspace Raid. But hey! Now a third Patrol could been from "Rusty" Strife!

And the thing is, ALL of these ways are viable and competitive.

Jeez, take a medal to the guy who write this Codex. And them slave him a force him to work on Harleys and Craftworlds too Very Happy

Last edited by Cerve on Sun Mar 21 2021, 10:42; edited 1 time in total

Swordxart likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:42

Cerve wrote:
albions-angel wrote:

Shardnet hasn't lost his ability, it just changed a bit. It's not in the weapon, it is directly in the No Escape rules, which basically say: "both roll the dice, add -1 to the opponet roll for every Shardnet on the wyches unit".
Now it works on everything besides <Titans>. Yes, you can tarpit even veichles, monsters, bikes etc..

You have only 1 special weapon every 10 Wyches. Yes that's a nerf. But with a complete view of the thing, it doesn't matter so much. Wyches hit like trucks right now, you will not miss that.
Don't forget that Venom and Raider now costs 85 point each (2 splinter cannons / 1 dark lance).

Yeah Raiders are the way to go if you just need a transport. Venoms right now are something you list when you actually want to play on them (i.e. Poisoned Tongue Venom spam).

If I'm not reading it wrong, you can bring 3 special wych weapons for every 10, but only one of each (1 shardnet, 1 hydras and 1 razorflails).

Each shardnet in a fight substracts 1 from the opponent roll for the No Escape rule. The only way to get a -2 is with 20 wyches. But they have to roll for every wych and Succubus unit around, so not bad (also, as said before, works against almost all units now).

Apart from that, the same Dodge rule, same weapon rules, but 3 attacks base, and the Blade Artists rule.

Curiously they only benefit from PfP on turns 2 onwards (but turn 4 only affects their survivability out of combat).

I don't know if I got it right but, can we choose the drugs for any wych unit independently (and choose to roll 2 for any unit we want)?

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:49

Eldur wrote:
Cerve wrote:
albions-angel wrote:

If I'm not reading it wrong, you can bring 3 special wych weapons for every 10, but only one of each (1 shardnet, 1 hydras and 1 razorflails).

Each shardnet in a fight substracts 1 from the opponent roll for the No Escape rule. The only way to get a -2 is with 20 wyches. But they have to roll for every wych and Succubus unit around, so not bad (also, as said before, works against almost all units now).

Apart from that, the same Dodge rule, same weapon rules, but 3 attacks base, and the Blade Artists rule.

Curiously they only benefit from PfP on turns 2 onwards (but turn 4 only affects their survivability out of combat).

I don't know if I got it right but, can we choose the drugs for any wych unit independently (and choose to roll 2 for any unit we want)?

You're right, you can have 1x for each weapont in a 10 men squads. That's cool.

Yes, you can choose the drug you prefer for everyone, no limits. You can field 3x10 Wyches all with the +1Sr.

A little note: there is a Drug that adds you +1Ld AND +1Ws. Which is nice on Reavers right now. With Hellions having the same profile (2Wounds, T4) but D2 on hellglaives, it's reasonable to watch Reavers in a different way, like, a shooty unit. Giving them +1Ws drugs will allows you to shoot those Heatlances at Ws2+
Which is....not so bad actually.
Yes of course they charge by 26"+2D6 on T2 so...yeah, even at 1 damage, they still great for board control/threats those 5 Intercessors on the other side of the board, stealing far objectives.
And Grav Talons now is: 1Mw on 4+, D3 Mw on 6.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 10:57

We bought our buffs with a huge amount of minor inconveniences

Like GW is this meme with the red button: "Your Wyches are playable, but everytime you use them, your sleeves slide down into the water while washing hands"

Cerve, JRG and TheBaconPope like this post

Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 11:02

Soulless Samurai wrote:
HERO wrote:

Farewell then.

No wait i want you..! Actually alot of people want you my man BUT it's true you have to loosen up just a little bit
Bro i have been with you during the whole 80 pages of this marathon and i have even started a whole pessimist vs optimist war with that Canadian dude
But hey i think the optimists won this one i mean come on man we got 6 and 11 man venoms and raiders... Firstborn and bloodbrides are back...
Ok its not 5th edition level i mean the golden days are over we have to accept that and move on
But this looks like someone put actual effort so come on man lets see what we can use to terrorise our opponents with and we got the whole rest of the edition to bitch and whine about stuff we didn't get ^_^

SERAFF, WrackYourBrains and Scrz like this post

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 11:04

JRG wrote:
It's not fair to pick on someone and tell them to stop posting just because their opinion is different. If someone was being aggressive or offensive then the forum rules and mods will deal will it. The best part of a community and discussion is differences in views and opinion. I think the new codex is fantastic and I'm really excited to get the new codex and start theory crafting, until then reading these forums and posts will have to tide me over, (Thanks all), I quite enjoy people highlighting the weaker areas as while as the strong pieces, as then when I come to crafting my own lists I'd already have been informed by the views of others. (To support my own conclusions)

We all know time will tell what's good and bad, until then let's talk and discuss to find what is good and bad. Challenge each other views with arguments and evidence not just silence them. I think this forum has some real pedigree of dark Eldar experience so let's use that to go out there and dominate the slave races and help each other. 😁 Happy hunting all, I'm hoping to catch me a Gulliman in my nets soon!

It's not about forcing someone to stop post. It's about the behaviour. You're free to say that you don't like something. But if you repeat that single thing for YEARS, being always so depressive, so redundant, hate the army that we all play, hate this game...then, that's a problem.
I were a Necron player in 4th. Ah, the old Codex, it was amazing....then Matt Ward write the 5th Codex, were Necrons TALKS.
I hated it. With all my being. Necrons were so horror, silence deads, basically the 40k undeads..and now, you make them doing jokes?
I hated it. You know what I've done? I stopped playing Necron, that's it.
I didn't pass the next 2-3-5 years complaing about them on the forums. It would have been disrespectful for everyone who were just enjoying the new Necrons. It is obvious.
I wasn't a dick crap on new talking robot skeletons for years, every day, every single day, ruining other players experiences on their forum.
I just left the army.

I think No one hates the user, we're all companions here. We're old childs that plays with little plastic soldiers, c'mon Very Happy but you can't be so annoying for years, and pretend that no one will talk you back. This is life. If he has any problem, we are here to love him as a player and as a person. But in name of this, we can't just close an eye and bear it again, and again, and again. Moderators says nothing? Nice: I will do. If they can't see that someone that says "this is bad, that is bad, it sucks, our army sucks, gw sucks, its horrible, omg that terrible, they don't know how to write rules, a SpaceMarines will beat my ass" every single day it's bad, then I have to belive that there are no moderators in there. It's ok, we are all humans, we all makes mistakes. I' don't say these things with hate, it's just a cold objective tought.

The thing is...I just feel sad for him. Because ok, everyone tastes are sacred. But, hey, in 8th we had a pretty good Codex, and in 9th we have an amazing Codex! Our plastic soldiers are going to rock! Why being so caustic every time? You don't like something? Fine, just don't play it. Don't ruin other postings just because you don't like something.

And please, please...don't act as the victim. You're way better than that dude, c'mon, you're strong! If you have some issues, just kick them in the ass and smile to this awful world. Because that's the best way to live...our hobby Wink

Eldur, WrackYourBrains, nerdelemental, Elfric and Swordxart like this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 11:11

So I’m thinking of dropping Ravagers. I may have just 1 but I’m not sold yet. I’d rather squeeze a Raider with Kabalites and the additional DL. That’s more points but is pretty decent in BH.

Ravager with 3 DL has 1 re roll.

Raider with a DL carrying Kabalites with a DL. Both the Raider and the Kabs get a re roll each...your Kabs DL may be hitting on 4s but Trueborn would be hitting on 2s. Add the fact you have 2 blasters some splinters and obsec troops...I just see that as a better load out. Imagine ever single DL in your army having a re roll. In this scenario if your Kabs DL hits you save that re roll for the blasters.

Last edited by Dark Elf Dave on Sun Mar 21 2021, 11:17; edited 1 time in total

DevilDoll, Burnage and Swordxart like this post

Back to top Go down
Elfric
Kabalite Warrior
Elfric

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 11:15

A quick question guys, is it possible to take a Realspace Raid detachment (so an Archi Succubus and Haemo) and then take another detachment t just for Drazhar, which would equate to 4 HQs? Or is it possible to take Realspace Raid, and just take say an Archon and Succubus and then take a separate detachment.for Drazhar
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 11:23

Elfric wrote:
A quick question  guys, is it possible to take a Realspace  Raid detachment (so an Archi   Succubus and Haemo) and then take another detachment t just for Drazhar, which would equate to 4 HQs? Or is it possible to take Realspace Raid, and just take say an Archon and Succubus and then take a separate detachment.for Drazhar

Unfortunately there is no way to include drazhar in a realspace detachment you have to take a separate one for him EXCEPT if the reqlspace detachment is a brigade

The Strange Dark One and Elfric like this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 12:42

I also watched the whole 5 hour reveal with Skari. Some amazing stuff in there.

Honestly, the MVP I am seeing of 9th will be the Helions. No wonder they are all sold out online XD.

Reavers are in a strange place now. They dont hit has hard as Helions, are just as tough as Helions (T4/W2), but cost more. I guess they are now a Flex-Unit, able to do damage in the Movement, Shooting, Charge, and Fight phase?

Honestly cant believe how great the Wych Cults are looking. Keep getting flashes of SoB Repentia, in the best possible way!

I think we need to start breaking the discussions down into separate threads. 42 pages and counting is a little dense for anyone not following closely XD
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21 2021, 12:42

Elfric wrote:
A quick question  guys, is it possible to take a Realspace  Raid detachment (so an Archi   Succubus and Haemo) and then take another detachment t just for Drazhar, which would equate to 4 HQs? Or is it possible to take Realspace Raid, and just take say an Archon and Succubus and then take a separate detachment.for Drazhar

Yes I think a Realspace Raiders detachment counts as a single detachment choice so you have the option to choose two further detachments...I think. It’s difficult to feel 100% confident without the codex but certainly the impression I’ve been left with from all the leaks.

So the options are as follows based on my understanding...

1. Take 3 patrols at no cp cost.
2. Take a realspace raiders detachment and your archon buffs all the core units.
3. Take a realspace raiders detachment and additional detachments cost cp.

I hope I have that right?

Taking 3 patrols is a good option if you didn’t want Kabal/cult/coven. You could take Kabal/cult/cult for example.

Realspace Raiders is good for having your archon buff nearly everything on the table. If you give the archon the Lieutenant relic then almost everything in the aura has re rolls 1s to hit and wound.

Loads of options! Gettng Draz into your army is not as hard as people are making out and in almost every bat rep I have watched this weekend, Draz is in the army.

Gelmir and Elfric like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next