THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex

Go down 
+50
Ripper.McGuirl
Archon_91
Kalmah
Grimcrimm
Alezya
Banbaji
Dalamar
TheBaconPope
Eldur
Count Adhemar
Koldan
Oaka
HERO
Subsanity
CptMetal
sekac
AzraeI
mynamelegend
krayd
Sarcron
nerdelemental
Pippolele
Azdrubael
The Strange Dark One
Dark Elf Dave
colinsherlow
Gherma
Soulless Samurai
effespwnz
Gelmir
WrackYourBrains
harlokin
Skulnbonz
Lyijysiipi
mightydoughnut
DevilDoll
GreyArea
ferrusmanus
Rodi Sikni
Cavash
Barking Agatha
sweetbacon
fisheyes
Elfric
JRG
Denegaar
albions-angel
Cerve
Silverglade
Burnage
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 17:18

Count Adhemar wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
Something just occurred to me - Dark Eldar didn't get any sort of supreme commander, did they?

Hands up anyone not surprised by that...

lol!

I mean, I certainly wasn't expecting a Vect model but I thought they might have at least made a token effort to uphold their promise in some way.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 17:40

Count Adhemar wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
Something just occurred to me - Dark Eldar didn't get any sort of supreme commander, did they?

*slaps both hands down hard onto the table* ... ow ... but it does feel like they were setting up lelith to be the Supreme commander with the cult of strife supplement and then decided against it ... unless they have another campaign either later this year or early next that has the Druhkari as the main enemy (which ... in a strange way seems to be building to that, lore wise we are more active and seem to be getting set up for something bigger later ... did anyone expect us to make it into a box set like piety and pain where we are the villain to a "space marine" chapter) but I'm not going to hold my breath for anything ... they did kind of shoot themselves in the foot with how out codex is divided into 3 sub armies ... so they either need to make 3 sub-par semi-supreme commanders or 1 Supreme commander that breaks the army building rules they set up for us and let's us build whatever and however we want (I guess by forcing the detachment to be a RSR detachment)
Or it could simply be they didn't have the resources/time/ability with the pandemic to push out the vect model like they planned and thus pushed his release back and we'll see him just in time for Christmas ... next year

AzraeI likes this post

Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 17:58

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

lol!

I mean, I certainly wasn't expecting a Vect model but I thought they might have at least made a token effort to uphold their promise in some way.

I personally think that now the most likely option is a Ynnari supreme commander for all Aeldari factions.

Pippolele likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 18:50

Yeah I would expect Yvraine to be a Ynnari supreme commander snd POSSIBLY Eldrad some kind of supreme commander. Guess we’ll see!
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 19:25

If only there were some Drukhari who could somehow be shoehorned into the role...Someone maybe even with 'Supreme' in his title and who literally commands all the fractious factions of Commorragh.

If only...

PartridgeKing, TheBaconPope, Soulless Samurai and Pippolele like this post

Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 20:23

Since we recently got a new Lelith model, I didn't expect Vect yet. But before the codex hit, I did expect him to arrive later during 9th, like in a PA- kind of thing.
However, now that we got the Master Archon, I'm starting to doubt that.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 21:58

Well, I guess that it's theoretically possible that GW could release Vect at a later step in the Warzone: Charadon campaign. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 22:09

Frankly, I'd rather see our general model range increased than have a single expensive Supreme Commander which I can only field with Black Heart

harlokin, nerdelemental and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 22:57

Well the broke that promise long ago.

Blood Angels - no supreme commander
Dark Angels - no supreme commander

Etc. etc.

So really, it's pretty much nobody that gets one. LOL
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 22:59

Who has it at this point? Do characters like Abbaddon, Guilliman, Cawl, and Gazgkhull have it?
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 23:01

Silverglade wrote:

Etc. etc.

So really, it's pretty much nobody that gets one.  LOL

Tau got one, although she can't really command something supremely

Also
Supplement Black Heart when?
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 23:11

Silverglade wrote:

Etc. etc.

So really, it's pretty much nobody that gets one.  LOL

That are supplements, so no official faction anymore, and marines have already one, who you can take with any chapter without losing combat doctrines.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 23:30

The Strange Dark One wrote:
Frankly, I'd rather see our general model range increased than have a single expensive Supreme Commander which I can only field with Black Heart

Oh, I completely agree with this.

I'd much rather have some more generic HQ options than just get Vect back.

sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 00:02

I'm of two minds on this.

On the one hand, I don't really have much interest in special characters overall. At least not when there's a way to represent them with a generic equivalent.

On the other hand, I'd like to see what GW could sculpt with Vect on the Dais of Destruction. It could be a truly epic model. I dunno if I'd buy it, but I'd like to see it...and then balk at the price tag
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 08:04

Increase in what type? We already have all the models available in the codex. Even though some of them are in finecast, or one of a kind (yes, I'm looking at you Grotesques).

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED VEEEEEEEEEEEEECT!

When I see all the last big models that went out (the slaanesh hero, Bebel, Teclis, etc), how can they not do Vect on his Dais of Destruction? scratch
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 08:54

Alezya wrote:

Increase in what type?

New units (Hierarch), old units (Dracon), existing units with new options (Succubus on Skyboard), splitting the Haemonculus similar to the Cryptech in different research areas (Scarlet Epicureans, Black Cornocopians,...) and that are just some possible options for how to expand the general model range in the HQ slot.

And if we are wishing for Vect, actually I want to see something from Forgeworld really over the top and gigantomanic with Raiders as dinghy/lifeboats.^^

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 10:57

Koldan wrote:
Alezya wrote:

Increase in what type?

New units (Hierarch), old units (Dracon), existing units with new options (Succubus on Skyboard), splitting the Haemonculus similar to the Cryptech in different research areas (Scarlet Epicureans, Black Cornocopians,...) and that are just some possible options for how to expand the general model range in the HQ slot.

And if we are wishing for Vect, actually I want to see something from Forgeworld really over the top and gigantomanic with Raiders as dinghy/lifeboats.^^

Last time vect had a huge pimpmobile the duke borrowed it

Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 11:25

Alezya wrote:

Increase in what type? We already have all the models available in the codex. Even though some of them are in finecast, or one of a kind (yes, I'm looking at you Grotesques).

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED VEEEEEEEEEEEEECT!

When I see all the last big models that went out (the slaanesh hero, Bebel, Teclis, etc), how can they not do Vect on his Dais of Destruction? scratch

Awesome. We have one of the smallest model range in GW. Even recently established armies like sisters and Mechanicus have more stuff than we do. And the reason we have a model for each entry is because GW has been consistently removing entries of our codex throughout the years.

Grotesques absolutely need a plastic kit. While we are at it, why not introduce a shooty version of Grotesques which come in multi-model kits that we see so often in AoS. Where Grotesques would be akin to Mutilators, the shooty Grots (Abberrations?) would be similar to Obliterators. With ranged anti-tank, pure Coven lists would be much more viable.

You could also have outlawed DE Psyker which we can field for Ynnari. Better beasts to come mind or just all sorts of specific Coven creations. There's also lore about corrupted Wraiths units and Flying Wracks.

I'm not even sure what people are expecting from Vect. Somebody that goes toe-to-toe with Mortarion & friends? Or just a big shooty platform that's likely to be overpriced and easy to shoot from the board? Or as a single expensive HQ that gets boltershot to death?

harlokin, TheBaconPope and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 12:42

I'm not even sure what people are expecting from Vect. Somebody that goes toe-to-toe with Mortarion & friends? Or just a big shooty platform that's likely to be overpriced and easy to shoot from the board? Or as a single expensive HQ that gets boltershot to death?

Something like the silent king...
but in black.
with spikes!

Pippolele likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 14:15

And Hookers! And Blackjack!

Actually, screw everything but those last two Wink
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 14:28

I see this sort of question a lot but I've not actually seen anyone argue that Vect should be a Primarch-level combat monster. Archon with decent (excellent) wargear would be fine as far as combat ability goes. Vect's strengths should be very much in manipulating the opponent and his own army. Move objectives, negate secondaries, grant/remove ObjSec, grant/remove <CORE>, all that sort of thing.

The Dais of Destruction can do one as far as I'm concerned. I just want Vect to be Vect.

Azdrubael and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 14:47

Honestly, I'd rather see Lady Malys, Duke Sliscus, Baron Sathonyx, and The Decapitator all before Vect. But any more attention from GW would be nice.

harlokin and AzraeI like this post

Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 16:05

krayd wrote:
But any attention from GW would be nice.
fixed that for ya cuz

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 17:26

The Vect i want is a master strategist, plain and simple. Not a combat master at all, but as stated by Count Adhemar, a tough model who can manipulate the battlefield: allows some redeployment before the first turn, steal/refund CPs, some auras and stuff like that.
A model that no, you won't send him in the face of the opponent at all, on the contrary, one that stays on the backfield and gives orders and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 18:19

If they upgraded Vect's dais to a Tantalus rather than a Ravager, and made it a dual kit it would give every Drukhari player a reason to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next