THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked

Go down 
+65
Caldria
Omega1907
Onemeanduck
sweetbacon
Mr. Ghoti
Razorfate
Maple Tiishay
woodeg
Kinnay
Mayk0l
Mr Believer
Creeping Darkness
Slaanesh
megatrons2nd
Anterzhul
@miral
Elazar The Glorified
Sigmaril
eohall
katfude
spellcheck2001
Lord Puberis
Ciirian
clively
Izaeus
Vasara
colinsherlow
The PayneTrayn
Mushkilla
Marrath
40kScribe
Crazy_Irish
Erebus
urden93
The_Burning_Eye
The Strange Dark One
Aroban
Its_Rumble
The Yak
Jehoel
DingK
Devilogical
Panic_Puppet
hellios
Count Adhemar
ArchonVaz
Crazy_Ivan
Dalamar
Calyptra
Vael Galizur
Azdrubael
MarcoAvrelis
Grimcrimm
melkorthetonedeaf
Cavalier
Jimsolo
Trystis
TheNeonArlecchino
Evil Space Elves
Squidmaster
Tengu
Klaivex Charondyr
Rokuro
Massaen
Gobsmakked
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 19:03

I think I mean they're just not as in demand as many might like. They're niche, with a small group wanting the army to be realized, but nowhere near enough to justify a full army release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 19:23

Squidmaster wrote:
I think I mean they're just not as in demand as many might like. They're niche, with a small group wanting the army to be realized, but nowhere near enough to justify a full army release.

Perhaps. It is a bit hard to get any kind of accurate gauge on how much interest there may or may not be. All I know is that I've seen enough custom Exodite armies to be surprised that GW hasn't jumped on the chance to make more money. XD On the other hand, one might say that Eldar armies in general are niche. Or maybe even go so far as to say that Xenos armies altogether are niche. LOL

I'd speculate that there would be more players playing them if there were more varieties to choose from so as to appeal to a broader range of tastes. Sure there might not be a huge demand for them, but Dark Eldar are relatively scarce, but even army that isn't Space Marines makes the game more interesting for everyone, even the ones who play Space Marines.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that diversity is a bit of a problem in 40k. Which is one of many reasons why I'm excited about new Harlequins!
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 20:33

Exodites dont fit the army setting of 40k where everything fights everything. They basically just defend their own Maiden Words, thats all. They dont go to kill off something that will be a threat later or just randomly kill stuff for pain and lulz. They have no means of space travel, and as i understand dont even use Webway actively.

Harlequins are just godly as a suplement force. Some plug in special detachment, that fits nicely in any Eldar/Dark Eldar list. Their fluff supports this, they do roam from one Eldar group to another, providing cultural and battle support.

Im really loving this new suplement-detachment theme. It fits 40k, getting right into the fluff. New blood angels codex and campagins showed it with special Flesh Tearers detachment. It is way better then special character unlocks this or that.

Last edited by Azdrubael on Sat Jan 03 2015, 20:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 20:37

But in the original Eldar codex there were rules for Exodite cold one riders and space pirates.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:05

Azdrubael wrote:
Exodites dont fit the army setting of 40k where everything fights everything. They basically just defend their own Maiden Words, thats all. They dont go to kill off something that will be a threat later or just randomly kill stuff for pain and lulz. They have no means of space travel, and as i understand dont even use Webway actively.

Just because they don't travel doesn't mean they wouldn't fight anything and everything. And who's to say they couldn't venture out a bit to fight something that got too close to their world? They'd certainly have to expand their lore if they made an army out of them. Craftworld Eldar are described as being more defensive and reactionary than invasive as well, but simply being in the Grimdark universe means you're going to end up fighting. A lot. Defending a Maiden World would still involve war with any other army.

I don't want to threadjack too much, but they can really change, add to, or rewrite anything they want with the lore. Look at the Necrons, after all.

Tengu wrote:
But in the original Eldar codex there were rules for Exodite cold one riders and space pirates.

Exactly. Harlequins were the same. The were in there, then they disappeared for a while, and then were brought back.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:12

Tengu wrote:

The easiest way to play Cold One Riders today is by proxying them as Beastmasters. Just give a Cold One Knight a Shard Carbine, maybe a different head, and Bob's your uncle. Wink

I'm also planing to convert Corsairs into Trueborn for my army.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:21

I run Exodites and would love to see it, but highly doubt it's ever going to happen. Skitarii, Lost and the Damned, Squats? There's a long line of rules-less armies with more fan support (and thus more buying power) in the queue ahead of Exodites.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:24

Jimsolo wrote:
I run Exodites and would love to see it, but highly doubt it's ever going to happen.  Skitarii, Lost and the Damned, Squats?  There's a long line of rules-less armies with more fan support (and thus more buying power) in the queue ahead of Exodites.

I recall having read something regarding The Lost and The Damned and Forgeworld recently. And they do produce Skitarii and Eldar Pirates already.

Last edited by Rokuro on Sat Jan 03 2015, 21:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:28

IA 13 - Lost and the Damned

Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:43

Rokuro wrote:
Tengu wrote:

The easiest way to play Cold One Riders today is by proxying them as Beastmasters. Just give a Cold One Knight a Shard Carbine, maybe a different head, and Bob's your uncle. Wink

I'm also planing to convert Corsairs into Trueborn for my army.

Very cool idea about the Cold One Riders as Beastmasters, but I don't think that the Dark Eldar's super lightly armoured raiding style army really fits the Exodites. I know many people use them as Craftworld jetbike proxies, but even then they should play very differently than Craftworld Eldar as well.

I'm using Black Ark Corsairs as my Trueborn as well. Dark Eldar rules fit pretty perfectly for Corsairs, but I'd still love to see some updated rules for them since the Imperial Armour book is pretty outdated at this point.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 21:45

People invade Exodite worlds dont they? Such as the DE and I think the Tau
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 22:57

Rokuro wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:
I run Exodites and would love to see it, but highly doubt it's ever going to happen.  Skitarii, Lost and the Damned, Squats?  There's a long line of rules-less armies with more fan support (and thus more buying power) in the queue ahead of Exodites.

I recall having read something regarding The Lost and The Damned and Forgeworld recently. And they do produce Skitarii and Eldar Pirates already.

And they produce "Exodite" models. None of those armies have a current rules set, however.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 23:00

Do they? Where??
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 23:26

Jimsolo wrote:
Rokuro wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

And they produce "Exodite" models.  None of those armies have a current rules set, however.

Forgeworld has its own rule books. But I don't own any of their models and know nothing about their rules.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 00:15

They're super out of date. Forgeworld pretty much only cares about 30k these days.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 10:17

Harlequins said to have access to the following transports:
-Raiders
-Wave Serpents
-Venoms
-Jetbikes
-Razorwings

Codex is described as:
- "thin"
- contains several formations
- no Lords of War

Relics listed as:
- "Special" Harlequins Kiss
- Mask
- Web of Skulls (remember this from the original Rogue Trader Dark Reaper exarch mini)
- "Special" Shuriken pistol
- a Glaive
- an Orb

via Larry Vela on Bols
Harlequin Release is coming after End Times: Thanquol (unknown if this means immediately afterwards)
Release window is 2 weeks
Release covers, codex, 3 clampacks, 2 minis boxes

Kits described as:

- Seer (clampack)
- Master (clampack)
- Death Jester (clampack)
- Harlequin Troupe
- Harlequin Jetbikes

Harlies Jetbikes! Yaytz! Being biker myself im sucker for a plastic futurustic bikes.

The Web of Skulls is an ancient Eldar weapon, which consists of three crystal skulls linked together by lengths of chain. The weapon is grasped by the chain links and cast like a spinning bolas, returning automatically to its user. The Web of Skulls can also be used in hand to hand combat like a flail

Anyone interested in getting current cast Harlequins should probably get them now, cause they will surely go out of production when new clowns hit the field.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 14:40

This is pretty much everything I want except for the Solitaire. (Well, ok, I also wanted a distinction between troupers and mimes. And a pony. And a giant space laser.)

I have a ton of Rogue Trader Harlequins I'd love to be able to paint up and use.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 18:05

Harlies can take a Razorwing as a DT? This must be some supplement Suspect
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 18:52

@Thor665 :Web of SKULLS!!!

This will be so stupid epic if true. If this is false....someone gets hurt.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 22:17

I'm saving my pennies already.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 00:39

I have some 100 RT era harlies in the wings waiting now!
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 16:31

We really need a Solitare...someone has to be sacrificed to She-who-thirsts after all.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 20:58

Why can I see GW holding off on the Solitare to release it around the time Vect gets released and as a Lord of War and have a White Dwarf titled Eldar Lords of War or something cheeky like that.  And lets be honest we want our Solitare to be on the power level of a Primarch.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2015, 21:05

In what sub reality might that happen?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11 2015, 08:10

I've just been given a bunch of metal Harlies, Smile Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next