THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Wraithkind

Go down 
+15
Calyptra
Squidmaster
Falke
Count Adhemar
Korona
CurstAlchemist
spellcheck2001
Kantalla
Scrz
Marrath
Cavalier
quark!
Sky Serpent
Woozl
Lord_Alino
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2017, 05:56

Ynneadwraith wrote:
Awesome Smile very vibrant!

Love the fierceness of the colours on the sword. Really stands out Smile

Thank you for saying that. Now I'm going to go back to my Kabal for the next painting Wink

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01 2017, 11:27

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17030110

Tonight I repainted one of strongest drakons of Kabal of the Wraithkind.
(Yeah, he's not the archon Tliensic D'raque as I couldn't imagine his figure based on the current codices)

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01 2017, 12:40

Very nice Smile I must admit, I do miss a lot of the lower-level IC options from a modelling perspective. Corsair Barons at 35pts a pop are ideal for promoting widespread conversion. Is your Dracon going to be a counts-as Archon? Seems to fit nicely for the Dracons of a large kabal to be as powerful themselves as the Archons of lesser kabals Smile

Interesting conundrum of how to represent Tliensic using current 40k rules. One of the things I've found quite helpful with my exodites is to treat each codex entry as nothing but the rules in isolation, and use them for whatever I think fits Smile

Is there another HQ option from a BB codex that would fit his fluff nicely? could even be the rules for a named character. They're just rules after all Wink

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 07:18

Visarch done. Not so perfectly satisfied with him cause the color scheme is bit far from what I expected.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17031210

I also repainted a few Iyanden bikes too.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17031110

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 12:54

Not particularly satisfied with him?! He looks stunning dude Smile I love the dark shadowy armour contrasted with the vibrant turquoise. If that was my work I'd be pleased as punch Smile

Now. Those bikes. I quite literally don't have the words to explain how much I like them. Stunning work!

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 13:49

Agreed. The bikes are stunning and the Visarch looks great too.

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 14:10

I'm really glad to hear that. Thank you pals.

Regarding the visarch, I saw really great one in someone's instagram (cannot find the image now) which still makes me unsatisfied. To be honest, the black knight itself is that unknown's idea :$ That was really hilarious.

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 09:40

It's been three years since my first raider. Tonight I started the new one after a long time.

For anyone interested, here's the recipe Wink

Blue: Ulthuan Grey -> Lothern Blue -> Sotek Green -> Kantor Blue -> Abadon Black
Yellow: Ulthuan Grey -> Yriel Yellow -> Averland Sunset -> Agrax Earthshade

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17031611

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 11:41

Really nice work dude Smile they really look like glowing neon which is kickass.

Thanks for the recipe too Smile stuff like that is really helpful

Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 09:57

Thank you, @Ynneadwraith as always Smile

Today I finished the sail of the raider (only one side). The character means 'soul' to express my Kabal of the Wraithkind.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17031710

EDIT: And the flip side was painted as well. 'The Wraithkind Kabal' written the ancient runes of Elder Scroll.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17031711

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 15:43

No worries Smile

Wish I could freehand like that too. Must take some calligraphy classes...

Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 06:42

Finished the autarch of Iyanden for his endeavor in the previous game Wink

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 Img_3810

Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 21:41

What did he do to deserve such a glorious paint job?

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21 2017, 05:44

Marrath wrote:
What did he do to deserve such a glorious paint job?

He blew up an enemy drop pod for the first shot, and then soulburst to wreck another vehicle for the second shot in A turn. Fluffwise it was pretty impressive for me and gallery. Such an action reminded me of Cypher, and that's the reason that I gave him two guns Wink

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21 2017, 10:46

Haha nice Smile both the paint scheme and the exploits of Mr First Autarch Wink

Oh, and something I've discovered is that if you give most HQs a relic Pistol (like Kurnous' Bow, Parasite's Kiss, Crescendo or Song of Ynnead) which doesn't replace any of their existing weapons they get to be Gunslingers just like Cypher!

Not exactly a competitive use of points, but fun nonetheless Wink

Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21 2017, 14:06

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17032110

I painted a warp spider exarch as a present for my friend.

Ynneadwraith wrote:
Haha nice Smile both the paint scheme and the exploits of Mr First Autarch Wink

Oh, and something I've discovered is that if you give most HQs a relic Pistol (like Kurnous' Bow, Parasite's Kiss, Crescendo or Song of Ynnead) which doesn't replace any of their existing weapons they get to be Gunslingers just like Cypher!

Not exactly a competitive use of points, but fun nonetheless Wink

And that's very fluffy=interesting combo, @Ynneadwraith. I'm gonna read my codices for the ref-check. Thanks for the inspiring Wink

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22 2017, 14:02

No worries Wink I was wondering how useful it would actually be, but the Song of Ynnead is actually an awesome little weapon, the Parasite's Kiss has a neat wound regeneration thing for only 5pts and the Crescendo on a Troupe Master is basically a 3-shot Shuriken Pistol (4 shots with his Gunslinger to fire the other one) Smile

Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04 2017, 15:06

Finally started painting my Vaul's wrath support battery. Here's my work today - still WIP.

Yellow is indeed a pain to paint...

I'm gonna draw Iyanden & Ynnari symbol to the first and second battery, respectively, but have no idea for the third. Any suggestions?

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17040410

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06 2017, 11:19

Symbols done. It was very fun to paint them.

They are, from the left to the right, the symbol of Iyanden, Ynnead, and....meaningless Shocked

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17040610

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06 2017, 12:29

Very nicely painted but, and this is purely personal opinion, the one on the right just doesn't look very Eldar-y and doesn't match the theme of the other two.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06 2017, 12:52

Nice!

I do have to agree with the Count, although it's far from a problem at all and still looks great Smile

It's a bugger I didn't see this when you were still asking as there's this excellent site that lists all the known Eldar runes: http://eldar.arhicks.co.uk/miscellaneous/eldar_runes.php#mythology

Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06 2017, 13:33

You got true sights indeed!

I knew the website, @Ynneadwraith. I actually was painting one of those symbols. But I just ruined it by mistake, didn't wanna rebuild the painful yellow gradation, and had no more painting time due to heavy work as well. So I just covered the failed symbol with the blue circle, leading to the unsatisfying symbol that Count Adhemar pointed out Wink

I may repaint the third battery later...after finishing a box of wyches, shining spears, kakophony, and so on bounce

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06 2017, 13:55

Ooh yeah that would be a pain to re-paint :S I've got half a dozen things at least that probably need repainting, but not enough to pull me away from the ever-growing primered legion so I can sympathise with that! Wink

Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07 2017, 16:26

Still being sick of painting yellow, I did alternative conversion work tonight. Here are my Ynnari shining spears.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17040710

Have no idea why the image was tilted Neutral

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08 2017, 10:19

Painted some of them.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 17040810

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Wraithkind
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next