THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Wraithkind

Go down 
+15
Calyptra
Squidmaster
Falke
Count Adhemar
Korona
CurstAlchemist
spellcheck2001
Kantalla
Scrz
Marrath
Cavalier
quark!
Sky Serpent
Woozl
Lord_Alino
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2016, 12:44

On Fri-Sat, I've finished the first box of Death Masque (ft. Solitaire & Shadowseer).

Thanks Cegorach, I can finally take a rest on this Sun.......before starting the second box :X

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 Dsc04214

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2016, 10:05

Wow they look fab. Really like the colour scheme you have chosen, and alltogehter as a group they look even better.

I find those clear bases quite an interesting idea as your models fit into any tabletop scheme they play on.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2016, 04:45

Thanks, @spellcheck2001! I'm very satisfied with the clear bases, which especially fit harlequins than any other factions. Also, your army always give me a strong inspiration - thanks for that too Wink

Last night I finished the Inriam's Specter by re-painting an old finecast model - failcast in terms of quality in fact Sad It took an hour to cut the bent gun and to glue the plastic cannon of a skyweaver.

Fluffwise he's a strange, morbid, and unique DJ working for the Masque of the Midnight Sorrow. That's why I followed its color scheme this time, not the color of the Masque of the Veiled Path.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 Dsc04215

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31 2016, 03:42

Daily painting:
- Troupe master of light with the caress
- Troupe with the caress
- Troupe with the kiss

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 Dsc04216

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2016, 00:55

Last night's painting:
- Troupe masters of twilight & dark, respectively.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 K-00210

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03 2016, 11:00

Wow your painting output is immense. I wish I could paint that quick. They look really good too, the colours and metals all work really well together, and your checkered pattern is very well painted, and adds alot to the whole scheme Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07 2016, 07:42

Thank you @spellcheck2001,

I usually spend the entire night after the work for the paintings. I gotta need to finish a couple of troupes and one more skimmer by the next weekend to get my FIRST PURE-HARLEQUINS game - so excited Smile

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2016, 16:38

Finished the third shadowseer, the myterious Veilwalker!

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 Dsc04310

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2016, 17:21

Finished the first starweaver:

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 14233010

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2016, 10:34

Daily painting: the third death jester.

Finally I've finished seven harlequin elites for the Cegorach's Revenge formation.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 _motvp10

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2016, 19:12

They look great. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13 2016, 09:43

You should be sellswords for Spellcheck. I hear he's been needing some real clowns.
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2016, 04:46

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 16102211

Anti-grav 'weavers' of the Masque of the Veiled Path fabricated thus far.

I have a few more boxes of weavers but not sure of making them, since I got enough models for 1500P at this point.

Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2016, 12:27

Yo! If i ever start Harlequins, i'd be happy if they look half as good as yours!
Awesome work!

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2016, 06:46

@Marrath, it's my big pleasure to hear that.

I always apologize to my models for making them wiped out by the enemy though Sad

Harlies are quite difficult to play, especially for an unskilled player like me.

Korona
Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2016, 04:45

Great to see another take on the Veiled Path!

I agree that they are a complete pain to fight with, I've found Massaen's tactics to be the most effective in my games so far:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14254-harlequin-misconceptions

Basically fight mostly on foot and use veil of tears to keep your troupes safe and control the board/objectives.  Harlies are good in CC and Massaen's tactics are great for stacking the odds in your favour of getting there.  It's a very psychic heavy approach but it's really fun to shut down shooty armies.  

Tau , who would normally mess harlies up pretty badly, are actually quite an easy match up due to poor manoeuverability and vulnerability to the death jester.  Anything near the back or sides of the board is in critical danger!
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2017, 04:37

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 17022210

I got back to my Kabal with the rise of Ynnead. I repainted my blasterborn unit for the practice before painting the Yncarne. They are the first models that I made when starting this hobby a couple of years ago. This repainting work gave rise to so much feeling...

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2017, 12:16

Cool! The longer I go on, the more I like the whole 'majority low-contrast with sparse bright highlights' style of painting Smile these guys are right up my street Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23 2017, 06:21

Agreed, @Ynneadwraith. I found my color scheme is bit different from the official Wraithkind color scheme, but I will keep going with my style cause I prefer it. Fluffwise, I'd like to paint them more like wraith without using any realworld metals.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 Wraith10

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23 2017, 09:58

Well they certainly look ghostly and ethereal Smile looking forward to more Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24 2017, 11:07

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 17022410

I started painting the Yncarne, Avatar of Ynnead. Today I finished a pair of blades and some skins.

It's bit awkward that he/she/it cannot get the dual-wield attack bonus though Razz

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24 2017, 11:42

Nice Smile yeah I thought it was a shame too.

It's more of a shame that you can't give named characters artifacts. One of the CWE's artifacts is a pistol, so could be used to give, say Yvraine, an extra attack with her one-handed sword...

Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25 2017, 12:43

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 Yncar10

The 2nd day of painting the Yncarne. Fortunately, he/she/it's much easier to paint than I expected first.

@Ynneadwraith, yeah I agree that relic issue too. But at the same time, I also feel comfortable that GW didn't make Ynnari Triumvirate so strong Wink

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2017, 07:54

And completed. Took three days. He/she/it's definitely more comfortable to paint than Belisarius.

Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 17022611

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2017, 12:10

Awesome Smile very vibrant!

Love the fierceness of the colours on the sword. Really stands out Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Wraithkind
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next