THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?

Go down 
+53
Myrvn
Archon Vitcus
End Game
Erebus
Marrath
Prodigalson
DEfan
Sarkesian
Rhivan
BizarreShowbiz
tibersky
TeenageAngst
eohall
Trojan
megatrons2nd
Archon_91
Draco
Vorl-Xoelanth
Korona
RobinFS
Archonon
Barrywise
CurstAlchemist
jjw771
Taffy10
Jimsolo
Kehmor
Jehoel
lament.config
Azdrubael
The Strange Dark One
Squidmaster
Cherrycoke
The Red King
stevethedestroyeofworlds
HokutoAndy
krayd
Logan Frost
Ynneadwraith
aurynn
Painjunky
Xivai
Calyptra
mrmagoo
1++
Skulnbonz
fisheyes
CptMetal
amorrowlyday
Devilogical
BetrayTheWorld
Count Adhemar
Imateria
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 19:11

Still, like one friend of mine says: Why xenos in front of templars not burning?

I don`t think BT would do something like that either.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 19:15

There are no furs on that armor. Zoom in. it's definitely a living bird.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 19:26

amorrowlyday wrote:
There are no furs on that armor. Zoom in. it's definitely a living bird.

Correct. So Coteaz wearing Incubi armour !?!?!
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2016, 19:37

Devilogical wrote:
Still, like one friend of mine says: Why xenos in front of templars not burning?

I don`t think BT would do something like that either.

Well, if the rumor about Khan is true, maybe the combination of the appearance of a primarch, plus getting their asses handed to them by Abaddon, might give them a moment of clarity... at least long enough for them to accept any help in retreating from incoming chaos hordes and avoiding inevitable destruction.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 01:23

I'm dubious about the idea of an Incubus in the service to a prey species animal.

Plus he's wearing what looks like a Kabal helmet instead of an Incubus helm, and he's red.

Speaking of being red, if the rumor about Sythrac being an Archon under Vect is true, then this is not Sythrac. Sythrac would be wearing the dark green of the Black Heart. If this guy's from a Kabal (he might be a corsair or something completely new) I think he's either from the Flayed Skull or else it's some Kabal we haven't heard of before.
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 04:39

Inquisitors are known to consort with Eldar, and Admech leadership is known to just do whatever they want without telling anyone else. There is a faction of inquisitors who believe that Eldar technology (such as soulstones) could revive the emperor. But if they're trying to use Dark Eldar ressurection-through-pain tech... that'd be interesting.

It could also be some kind of bizarre alliance where Ahriman has broken into the webway and threatens Commoragh so the Dark Eldar are leading Black Templars in there to fight 'em. Wouldn't be the first time marines have been in the Dark City.

...there's also the chance it's a White Scars marine that survived the Dark City and runs around in Incubi armor or something hoo-rah marines glorifying like that...

Quote :
I'm dubious about the idea of an Incubus in the service to a prey species animal.

Some inquisitors have been allowed into the fabled Black Library by the Harlequins too, and most Dark Eldar give Harlequins a measure of respect.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 05:42

HokutoAndy wrote:
Inquisitors are known to consort with Eldar, and Admech leadership is known to just do whatever they want without telling anyone else. There is a faction of inquisitors who believe that Eldar technology (such as soulstones) could revive the emperor. But if they're trying to use Dark Eldar ressurection-through-pain tech... that'd be interesting.
I don't doubt they could do it, but imagine what they'd have to do to get him back?
Just to get El'Uriaq back they had to get a pure heart and caused a disjunction, but the Emperor has been dying for tens of thousands of years, and who knows how hard it could be to get him back, and what the repercussions of it could be.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 06:05

For the sake of the story it would carry a huge price but I would imagine that since he isn't even actually dead, in all reality it would be easier.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 06:21

Well DE are regrowing bodies through their "practices"... Thousands of psykers die for emperor anyway daily... sooo... I will go ahead and suggest "thousands of criminals dying in agony"? :-)
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 07:06

aurynn wrote:
Well DE are regrowing bodies through their "practices"... Thousands of psykers die for emperor anyway daily... sooo... I will go ahead and suggest "thousands of criminals dying in agony"? :-)
Its not the number of victims that matter, but the quality. Trying sheer numbers has very bad results, at least according to the haemonculous Bellathonis
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 07:11

Count Adhemar wrote:
That looks very much like an Incubi in that Black Templar's selfie

lol, it does actually look like he's taking a selfie, loool.

Anyway, looks like a standard kabalite armored eldar with a cape and incubi style trophy racks
New Stuff:

I'm not sure I like any of the new models for the campain the sisters look a bit blocky, especially the doves on Celestine, the inquisitors specce-crossbow looks a bit... silly, and her face sculpt is poor.

And I don't even want to know why the Mars Mechanicus guy has an erection.
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 09:05

stevethedestroyeofworlds wrote:
HokutoAndy wrote:
I don't doubt they could do it, but imagine what they'd have to do to get him back?
Just to get El'Uriaq back they had to get a pure heart and caused a disjunction, but the Emperor has been dying for tens of thousands of years, and who knows how hard it could be to get him back, and what the repercussions of it could be.

Found the relevant quote from the Mechanicus book:

"986999.M41
Desperate Measures
The Tech-Priest custodians at work in the Emperor’s Palace uncover irrevocable failures in the mechanisms of the Golden Throne. A dozen contingency expeditions are immediately launched, including a Xanthite war procession sent through the Exhubris Portal. The Xanthites fight through Harlequins Troups and Daemon hordes alike before reaching their intended destination. In the grave-cold oubliettes beneath Commorragh, a dark bargain is struck"

An so-insane-it's-40k-plausible scenario I can imagine is Cawl + Commoragh friends planning on using the entire planet of Cadia (both defenders and chaos invaders) as the tortured sacrifice. Of course something will go horribly wrong (probably involving big black pylons and Necrons) too.

Admech being the shady guys they are it's more likely Cawl uses the energy on himself, or revives the C'Tan Dragon.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 10:37

Anyone else thinks that the new sisters models bear disturbing resemblance to Sigmarines? Heh... Dark Eldar talking about "disturbing imagery". :-D
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 11:03

The rumours I'm hearing is that the Inquisition and the Dark Eldar have long been in cahoots, primarily thanks for some Haemonculi helping to get the Golden Throne to work.

Either way, WOO! We're back!

(Wouldn't it be amazing if that thing that looks like it might be an Incubus turns out to be AHRAH?! GW have been releasing a lot of long lost stuff recently, and answering a few old questions.....)
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 12:25

Still not convinced that there is a DE hanging with the BT.

Can someone use their crystal ball to see when the next hint will be out?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 13:41

I predict.....Boxing Day.

I demand praise if right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 20:02

HokutoAndy wrote:
stevethedestroyeofworlds wrote:
HokutoAndy wrote:

Found the relevant quote from the Mechanicus book:

"986999.M41
Desperate Measures
The Tech-Priest custodians at work in the Emperor’s Palace uncover irrevocable failures in the mechanisms of the Golden Throne. A dozen contingency expeditions are immediately launched, including a Xanthite war procession sent through the Exhubris Portal. The Xanthites fight through Harlequins Troups and Daemon hordes alike before reaching their intended destination. In the grave-cold oubliettes beneath Commorragh, a dark bargain is struck"

An so-insane-it's-40k-plausible scenario I can imagine is Cawl + Commoragh friends planning on using the entire planet of Cadia (both defenders and chaos invaders) as the tortured sacrifice. Of course something will go horribly wrong (probably involving big black pylons and Necrons) too.

Admech being the shady guys they are it's more likely Cawl uses the energy on himself, or revives the C'Tan Dragon.
Oooooh, that sounds nice
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 21:07

The whole "Haemonculi fix the Golden Throne" thing always struck me as odd. How would that play out? I can't really imagine that they'd permit *Haemonculi* anywhere near the Throne. Even then, they'd be either installing technology provided by the Haemonculi, or else making modifications per the Haemonculi's direction, presumably without really understanding any of it. To the Golden Throne.

Because that just seems like too delicious an opportunity to pass up, it begs the question: what are the Haemonculi really up to?

GW would never do it to their precious Space Marines players, but now I'm thinking about the Dark Eldar abducting the Emperor, and I can't stop giggling.

Edit: oops, almost forgot I had something almost relevant to say.

Since the Haemonculi fixing the Throne thing is (as far as I'm aware) the only time the True Kin have ever (at least pretended to) work with the Imperium on something, it makes sense to wonder if this guy in red is connected to that, but if he is, the Haemonculi are subcontracting - he definitely doesn't look like he's from a Coven.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2016, 22:56

Calyptra wrote:
The whole "Haemonculi fix the Golden Throne" thing always struck me as odd. How would that play out? I can't really imagine that they'd permit *Haemonculi* anywhere near the Throne. Even then, they'd be either installing technology provided by the Haemonculi, or else making modifications per the Haemonculi's direction, presumably without really understanding any of it. To the Golden Throne.

From a pragmatist I can easily see this working. But from the standpoint of plot in this grimdark universe we are, it just doesn't make sense to just fix the impending doom that the Golden Throne is by "MacGyver MacHellraiser". Especially when most people still think that Dark Eldar are Chaos Eldar or whatnot.

Calyptra wrote:
Because that just seems like too delicious an opportunity to pass up, it begs the question: what are the Haemonculi really up to?

Good question, at this point everything is just speculation. However, as selfish as all DE are, they are not stupid. They know that anything Commorragh can hurt is Chaos and if the Throne starts to making problems this could mean big time problems for everybody in the webway.

Naturally, the covens only work for a price. And from a resource perspective the IoM could deliver things most Haemonculi don't even dare to dream. And I expect the Imperium more than desperate enough to deliver.

Either way, I am not fully convined that this will even change the story in any big way. As much as I would like to come up with my own crazy theories I suppose this just ends like the recent Eldrath story where nothing really changes in the end. It could even be that the Haemonculi are just a failsafe to mitigate the damage once the whole thing just blows up.

Bargain can literally mean anything.

Thinking about it, the relationship between Humans and Dark Eldar really is that of "Desperate Allies".

Edit: Imagine the Haemonculi technically agreeing to bringing back the Emperor, just to make a Grotesque out of him and sending him back to Terra. Such sweetness.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 00:14

I think that if the Imperium offer a sufficiently large payment for the work, a Haemonculous could be convinced to help without any, or very small amounts, of messing around.
That payment is probably something along the lines of 'a hive world' but still
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 01:06

Arguably, a Haemonculus would likely already possess sufficient intelligence and resources to simply take a hive world. You could offer them a hundred hive worlds and maybe that would be tempting, but I think they might find the payment boring. I don't remember the details about the Emperor's creation of the Primarchs, or what might remain from that, but I feel like there might be something there a Haemonculus would find interesting.

This isn't even speculation, because I think it's only marginally less unlikely than the Haemonculi abducting the Emperor and turning him into a rug.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 01:07

Calyptra wrote:
Arguably, a Haemonculus would likely already possess sufficient intelligence and resources to simply take a hive world. You could offer them a hundred hive worlds and maybe that would be tempting, but I think they might find the payment boring. I don't remember the details about the Emperor's creation of the Primarchs, or what might remain from that, but I feel like there might be something there a Haemonculus would find interesting.

This isn't even speculation, because I think it's only marginally less unlikely than the Haemonculi abducting the Emperor and turning him into a rug.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
They might offer a Haemonculous Rowboat Girlyman as payment.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 01:14

As delicious as uber-talos Rowboat would be, I want something else, something more esoteric and not only because Mr. Smurf is the only Primarch who has the potential and circumstances to become a dreadnaught, but also because we have more pressing issues, and no amount of juiced up primarchs are going to hold Khaines gate shut when a hundred blanks can't.

I believe in the return of an admech'd Ferrus Manus, but Only Papa smurf could come back as a fullblown dread, and I want to see a dreadnought as big as magnus hit the table with an official model.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 01:48

Calyptra wrote:
I don't remember the details about the Emperor's creation of the Primarchs, or what might remain from that, but I feel like there might be something there a Haemonculus would find interesting.

I don't think they would find ordinary hives interesting either.

Calyptra wrote:

Yeah, the fun thing is that the Haemonculi will always agree on a bargain if you think about it. But it is only the amount of payment that determines if they are really going how it was agreed upon.

Imperium: "Can we please have our super-daddy back?"
Covens: "Sure thing, we will fix him together. Please don't mind the Tau parts, they were the only spares we had left".

Still, just imagine a mentally unstable kid in the neighbourhood having some toys that could vaporize all I have into a singularity, I would be more than wary about that. No matter how cruel/evil I am and how much contempt I have for that brat, I want that thing defused asap. And if must keep that kid alive for the procedure to work, so be it (read, leaving the Emporer on the throne).

Of course, none of us really has an interesting in actually reviving the Emperor. Prey is so much easier to be taken when it is scattered and without leadership. But just stabilizing that portal a little bit so I do not get sucked into the warp or be robbed from the only place that protects me from Slaanesh?

Of course, sealing the gate and THEN taking the Emperor would be possible. But realistically, I don't see GW making it official that the DE actually captured the Emperor.
Back to top Go down
Xivai
Hellion
Xivai

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2016, 01:58

If the Emperor was recreated a Tau I would laugh my ass off at the fit the internet would throw. Hahah. Just thinking about it is making me laugh out loud. Truly a very dark eldar thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next