THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?

Go down 
+53
Myrvn
Archon Vitcus
End Game
Erebus
Marrath
Prodigalson
DEfan
Sarkesian
Rhivan
BizarreShowbiz
tibersky
TeenageAngst
eohall
Trojan
megatrons2nd
Archon_91
Draco
Vorl-Xoelanth
Korona
RobinFS
Archonon
Barrywise
CurstAlchemist
jjw771
Taffy10
Jimsolo
Kehmor
Jehoel
lament.config
Azdrubael
The Strange Dark One
Squidmaster
Cherrycoke
The Red King
stevethedestroyeofworlds
HokutoAndy
krayd
Logan Frost
Ynneadwraith
aurynn
Painjunky
Xivai
Calyptra
mrmagoo
1++
Skulnbonz
fisheyes
CptMetal
amorrowlyday
Devilogical
BetrayTheWorld
Count Adhemar
Imateria
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 14:03

Neither of them particularly tickle my pickle.
Back to top Go down
Vorl-Xoelanth
Hellion
Vorl-Xoelanth

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 14:06

I just hope that the rumoured Valossian Sythrac model is real. Seems like a cool character with cool wargear.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21 2017, 20:04

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1761338130853485&substory_index=0&id=1575682476085719

Not sure if the link will work from my phone. Tomorrow looks like fun!
Back to top Go down
Daspien
Hellion
Daspien

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 11:02

No news yet Sad Do we know at what time they usually post the news at WHC?
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 14:01

Apparently it'll be 6pm tonight they show off whatever it is they teased.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 14:07

You can almost feel the whole forum holding their breath. Its beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://engalie40k.blogspot.com.es/
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 14:12

I know I am turning purple with all this breath holding.

Although, even if we get everything we want x2, it will still be quite a few months before we are able to place plastic on table-top.

Also, something just came to me. I really hope we are not given a 200 pt model that needs to sit in one of our AV10 vehicles. I just dont see that going well without some major army multipliers. I guess he could sit in ruins with a squad of Mandrakes for that coversave (but totally unfluffy...)
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 16:19

True that. I am not interested in expensive powerhouses. Synergy is what I want.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 17:10

aurynn wrote:
True that. I am not interested in expensive powerhouses. Synergy is what I want.

Why not both?

I really want to be able to field an HQ choice, llhamaeans are getting boring, but I would be VERY dissapointed if we dont get a decurion.
Back to top Go down
http://engalie40k.blogspot.com.es/
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 18:32

So, I think we know have a definite answer on who the Eldar in the picture was:

Say hello to "The Visarch - Sword of Ynnead".
Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 Reveal3

Since there are three heroes, I suppose one for each Eldar faction?
Given its kabalite style of armor, I suppose The Visarch would be the one we get. I can't imagine CWE getting 3 brand new ICs, they got more than enough already. And 3 Harley ICs out of a sudden? Unlikely.

But perhaps all Eldar faction have access to all 3, just like CWE and DE had access to Harlequinns in previous codices.

From: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/22/gathering-storm-ii-first-look/

Edit: amorrowlyday answered faster than I could edit my post.

Last edited by The Strange Dark One on Sun Jan 22 2017, 18:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 18:38

Nah more likely all three can be fielded by any of the three factions.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 18:44

Red Guy looks cool and all, bit I'm already in love with Yvraine, and I'm extremely curious about The Yncarne.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 19:18

I think they're all awesome. I expect(and hope) that amorrowlyday is right: They will likely be able to be fielded by all three factions.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 19:20

Yvraine makes it look like Ynnead is on some Hellraiser bidniss.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 19:21

I think they did a fantastic job of combining both the true kin and the CWE into one design. They are obviously a "new" eldar faction (in my opinion at least) that is there to breach the gap between true kin and CWE, to rally them under one banner, so to speak (8th Edition anyone? ).

I love the design choices. It seems Yvraine could be wielding a huskblade. The blade seems quite similar to the archons one but the hilt is obviously a cleaner design, more like the CWE. Her pose very martial but also calm (her Gyrinx).
The Visarch(on) has clear features from the true kin, the helm, the incubi trophy racks, the segmented armor but also clear CWE features, the autarch(on) wrist-energy shield, the "clean" blade, the faces (more a Fantasy Elves thing...), and then the most interesting feature: littered with unbroken soul stones. It's like a true kin that prepared for a long journey "Gotte bring some snacks!"

Well and at last Yncarne, boy did he shock me. Here I was thinking we would get a Eldar-Slaanesh Daemon Prince. Seriously. Love the Model for its dynamic pose but I see it as the one I would get last of all three. Though, that's just first impression. Let's wait till what all the fluff is about and then those decisions can be made.

Well here you are, my 2 cents/souls.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 19:23

Given that common knowledge is that Ynnead's business is slaying slaanesh, but the rumor that I keep hearing in hushed tones is that his true aim is the recovery of his sister Isha from Nurgle I'd say the Hellraiser comparison is apt. The conquering of decay through pain and hate.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 19:26

love the new models, video introducing them is cool...and I imagine the fluff will be great as well

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 19:26

Oh, I'm not complaining.

The idea that Ynnead would defeat Slaanesh in part by stealing aspects of his portfolio is an great way to take it.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 19:28

Jimsolo wrote:
Oh, I'm not complaining.

The idea that Ynnead would defeat Slaanesh in part by stealing aspects of his portfolio is an great way to take it.

Eldar god eating Slaanesh, now that is some poetic justice
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 21:10

I think we just learned what the CWE/de/harli triumvirate is ... And I'm super excited!!! Wallet please forgive me ... You will be very empty come February ... These models look awesome
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 21:36

Well... @Ynneadwraith will be able to use his Croneworld stuff as some of the new Eldar toys Razz
Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 Warhammer-40000-Wh-%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-farseer-1840940
(Note I know he didn't make this but he linked it as inspiration.)

Last edited by Rhivan on Sun Jan 22 2017, 21:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 23:18

Crazy_Irish wrote:
I think they did a fantastic job of combining both the true kin and the CWE into one design. They are obviously a "new" eldar faction (in my opinion at least) that is there to breach the gap between true kin and CWE, to rally them under one banner, so to speak (8th Edition anyone? ).

I love the design choices. It seems Yvraine could be wielding a huskblade. The blade seems quite similar to the archons one but the hilt is obviously a cleaner design, more like the CWE. Her pose very martial but also calm (her Gyrinx).
The Visarch(on) has clear features from the true kin, the helm, the incubi trophy racks, the segmented armor but also clear CWE features, the autarch(on) wrist-energy shield, the "clean" blade, the faces (more a Fantasy Elves thing...), and then the most interesting feature: littered with unbroken soul stones. It's like a true kin that prepared for a long journey "Gotte bring some snacks!"

Well and at last Yncarne, boy did he shock me. Here I was thinking we would get a Eldar-Slaanesh Daemon Prince. Seriously. Love the Model for its dynamic pose but I see it as the one I would get last of all three. Though, that's just first impression. Let's wait till what all the fluff is about and then those decisions can be made.

Well here you are, my 2 cents/souls.
The faces aren't from fantasy but quite obviously Harlequin masks, I really like the way his armour incorporates aspects from all 3 factions.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 23:23

Crazy_Irish wrote:
Well and at last Yncarne, boy did he shock me

wait one dang minute...that's a dude?
Back to top Go down
RobinFS
Slave
RobinFS

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 23:37

Since Ynnead is the god of all dead eldar who don't get nommed by Slaanesh, I would assume that the avatar is quite genderfluid.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 23:55

Rhivan wrote:
Well... @Ynneadwraith will be able to use his Croneworld stuff as some of the new Eldar toys Razz
Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 Warhammer-40000-Wh-%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-farseer-1840940
(Note I know he didn't make this but he linked it as inspiration.)

I thought the same thing! They've definitely got my money Smile can't wait to get them and chop them up into little pieces to use for other things! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next