THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?

Go down 
+53
Myrvn
Archon Vitcus
End Game
Erebus
Marrath
Prodigalson
DEfan
Sarkesian
Rhivan
BizarreShowbiz
tibersky
TeenageAngst
eohall
Trojan
megatrons2nd
Archon_91
Draco
Vorl-Xoelanth
Korona
RobinFS
Archonon
Barrywise
CurstAlchemist
jjw771
Taffy10
Jimsolo
Kehmor
Jehoel
lament.config
Azdrubael
The Strange Dark One
Squidmaster
Cherrycoke
The Red King
stevethedestroyeofworlds
HokutoAndy
krayd
Logan Frost
Ynneadwraith
aurynn
Painjunky
Xivai
Calyptra
mrmagoo
1++
Skulnbonz
fisheyes
CptMetal
amorrowlyday
Devilogical
BetrayTheWorld
Count Adhemar
Imateria
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 20:07

I was just reminded by a friend of mine that "Aeldari" is a term referring to pre-War-in-the-Heaven Eldar. The very ancient Eldar. The death and rebirth cycle referring to Ynnead probably. Could be taken as hint of his rebirth. He could keep the Eldar souls from She-who-thirsts and if I recall it properly it is one of the goals of the current various Eldar.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 20:37

Deleted.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 21:31

Haha Smile thanks guys.

Count Adhemar, your 'Azhek Hairiman' is responsible for me snorting out my tea. Thanks for that... Wink
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 22:44

I only know Rowboat Girlyman
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 23:11

aurynn wrote:
I was just reminded by a friend of mine that "Aeldari" is a term referring to pre-War-in-the-Heaven Eldar. The very ancient Eldar. The death and rebirth cycle referring to Ynnead probably. Could be taken as hint of his rebirth. He could keep the Eldar souls from She-who-thirsts and if I recall it properly it is one of the goals of the current various Eldar.

I really want that to be true because I really want "Aeldari" to be an old reference and not an indication that we're going to get rebranded as "Ebon Aeldari" or something. Any chance of a source? Also, when you say "The War in Heaven," do you mean the Necrons vs the Old Ones, or Khaine vs Vaul?
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 23:25

I believe the reference speaks of the Eldar gods' wars. My only current reference is my friend's very good memory and knowledge of the fluff since the early editions, especially the Eldar fluff, but I do not think he will remember the exact book and page. :-)

As for renaming... to quote the Classic: "What's in a name? That which we call a rose
by any other name would smell as sweet."
I dont really care if we are renamed Aeldari or Aöelda'eariiiy or whatever copyrightable nonsense GW comes up with. To be absolutely honest I am sooo lucky I am not a native english speaker as I can just accept english names as terms and not really try to translate them into my language since most of them would be funny. Funny as in "you got to be kidding me - what a stupid name..." Starting with "Space Marines", going through stuff like "Hellbrutes", Legions' names, all the way to the funny names of the characters and primarchs as shown in previous posts. :-)
Back to top Go down
End Game
Hellion
End Game

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 11:14

I have been staring at the picture that started this thread for a while and realized, whatever that thing is doesnt have to be man sized or close for that matter. there is a ship in the image near its leg...
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 11:48

THis just popped up on the GW 40k page:

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 16114692_1759505194370112_9016525166269402868_n

Captured slaves.

CAPTURED SLAVES.

It looks like the next Cadia book will have THREE kinds of Eldar!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 12:00

Yeah, I posted it in another thread. "Payment in soulstone gems, captured slaves or jokes" seems to pretty much confirm we're getting a Craftworlder, a Dark Eldar and a Harlequin.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 12:03

Well I can sense a hole forming in my wallet...
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 12:04

I'm happy there is no exodite as rumored. I mean I want exodites but if anyone got left out of the triumvirate it was going to be us.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 12:04

Yea. Starting to save up... Wont be enough...
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 12:26

We will get a new detachment. Thats certain. And a new HQ, probably of expensive sort.
Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 13:20

So from the picture of the gyrinx. Most likely. Harlie- probably veilwalker. A craftworld- Eldrad/yreil. Dark eldar-........Vect on grav platform apparently
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 13:25

Where did the Vect as a DE rapresentative rumor started? I must have missed it. I thought the female eldar in a dress would be the DE...
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 14:01

Unless it's going to be Veilwalker, Eldrad and Yriel as a sort of stand-in Dark Eldar because they enjoy shafting the DEldar out of named characters?

Less likely than Veilwalker, Yriel and Malys though, given the latter's Harlequin connections (although the same could be said of Eldrad).
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 14:57

Logan Frost wrote:
Where did the Vect as a DE rapresentative rumor started? I must have missed it. I thought the female eldar in a dress would be the DE...
The Vect rumour has been flying around for ages, but a lot of people like putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 15:02

And didn't the Cadial book mention three eldar before Veilwalker showed up? Wouldn't she be a fourth?
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 15:23

Logan Frost wrote:

Apparrently somebody saw Vect in a GW box during a transportation job.

This rumor has been served to you with the typical grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2017, 19:50

Ynneadwraith wrote:
Veilwalker, Yriel and Malys though, given the latter's Harlequin connections (although the same could be said of Eldrad).

This is what I've put my money on. Yriel has a connection to the Dark Eldar and Craftworld (at the very least do to his Corsair days), Malys has a connection with the Harlequins, and Harlequins are connected to both the Craftworlds and Commorragh. So to me, this is the triumvirate that makes the most sense as all parties have a connection with, at the very least, two of the three factions who are "teaming" up.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 02:15

Maybe I'm weird but I don't want Malys. I prefer Vect.

In the common parlance of my countrymen "she's not my supreme overlord"
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 03:46

Yeah, I would prefer Vect too, though Malys would be faaaaaaaaaar better than having no DE character.
Back to top Go down
Xivai
Hellion
Xivai

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 05:42

Yeah I miss Vect too. Malys just isn't as compelling.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 09:34

Agreed I find Vect's character more compelling, but I can't see him fitting in with this grouping, and Malys is better than nothing at all Wink

You never know, they might make Malys compelling...
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2017, 13:39

I'd be far more interested in Malys than Vect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next