THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex

Go down 
+60
DEfan
Elzadar
RetroGamer1224
Dalamar
joe twocrows
fuhrmaaj
LSK
clively
average joe
ravenizer
Eldritchwarmaster84
Shadowharte
HERO
Bibitybopitybacon
Haemonculus
infamousme
Thor665
Vasara
shadowseercB
doriii
GKP
Archon_Demetrious
The_Burning_Eye
bklooste
MongooseDog
Mandor
Yllithian
Archon Farath Mure
darthken239
wanderingblade
Archon Darkanis
commandersasha
Talos
Skizzik_NZ
Count Adhemar
Gobsmakked
Skulnbonz
Balisong
Jehoel
Cavash
Cavalier
Azdrubael
AvInNebr
Skyboard surfer
Selvhan
Tony Spectacular
Devilish
Sulphunet
Tiri Rana
Massaen
Hijallo
DominicJ
Nomic
Mushkilla
Darklight
Barking Agatha
Sky Serpent
sgb69
leinmann
stapebren7502
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DominicJ
Wych

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 13:19

I think HP works brilliantly.
You still have the chance of a catastrophic hit, and enough solid hits disable the vehicle.

I dont get why people think wyches cant assault.
Pt for Pt wyches beat tactical marines, even with overwatch.
Its a long hard slog, but little cuts through marines, thats sort of the point.

5 wyches will lose to five marines, but thats 50pts v 90pts.

Wyches v Guard is just fun
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 09:47

DominicJ wrote:
I think HP works brilliantly.
You still have the chance of a catastrophic hit, and enough solid hits disable the vehicle.

I dont get why people think wyches cant assault.
Pt for Pt wyches beat tactical marines, even with overwatch.
Its a long hard slog, but little cuts through marines, thats sort of the point.

5 wyches will lose to five marines, but thats 50pts v 90pts.

Wyches v Guard is just fun

I agree completely, plus if you do it right, wrecking a transport is actually better than destroying it, since if you can block the doors, you can wipe the unit inside without ever having to fight them.

I'd also agree that cc is not dead for wyches, you just have to be picky with your targets. I played a game last night where my wyches waltzed through four combats in four turns, then stole control of a krakstorm launcher to wreck a leman russ and got the linebreaker point that drew the game for me. They'd have got me an objective too to win it if the game had gone on another turn.

You do have to pick your targets though, i was playing guard, which helped their effectiveness, but then that's the point - you'd expect Wyches to beat guard in combat. against i tougher army i'd probably have used different tactics, or supported them more with my Incubi.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 13:41

Yea i believe we don't need psykers... Since I been playing DE since 5th I never needed psykers and still be on top(I usually ID them by turn 3
Back to top Go down
GKP
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 18:55

Kinda unrelated to the current discussion, but the Black Templar Forum on the B&C has had a Codex confirmed by multiple sources, who were threatened legal action if they kept talking. BT aren't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01 2013, 21:04

no psykers!

I want to see more "cheat" wargear .... Smile
my friends always complain and whine when i have the nightshield upgrade, for them its a real pain and i love it. Nightshields are what i feel a cheat so more stuff that ignores or changes the rules is something i would like to see in future codex

nightvision, shattershard, lance, poison, haywire they dont care what the enemy got ... they cheat it. core of DE i think Twisted Evil

Please do not swear. Thank you - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02 2013, 17:33

Mushkilla wrote:
Selvhan wrote:
We do not have any tank. We do not have any psyker.

Tanks and psykers are anathema to the Dark Kindred. Hopefully it will remain so.

The Tantalus is a tank
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02 2013, 17:49

and forge world or apocalypse. And hopefully will remain so.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02 2013, 21:16

Agreed, I'd rather not have that ball and chain cluttering up otherwise useful Codex pages.

I still stand by my prediction of 'another ten years or so' though.
Back to top Go down
infamousme
Hellion
infamousme

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03 2013, 03:27

I would say that I hope not, I really, really like the current codex (though I would like for mandrakes to be tweaked a bit)
Back to top Go down
Haemonculus
Hellion
Haemonculus

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 15:47

Well usually a codex or edition is updated every 5 years or so... we were updated in 2010 right?
That sead, at the rate of current codices being updated who knows. If all the books get updated in a year or two from now then whos to say that Grey Knights, Necrons and Dark Eldar won't get one.

Personally I love the new codex (It's the most balanced book ever made lol plus.. c'mon Dark Eldar have always been the most stylish guys in the 41st millenia)

For now I can see GW making a hardcover or sepecial edition for our current codex just to ring in some bills.

Thor665 wrote:
Agreed, I'd rather not have that ball and chain cluttering up otherwise useful Codex pages.

I still stand by my prediction of 'another ten years or so' though.

Haha I'm kinda thinking that too. Remember when Dark Eldar first came out in 3rd? EVERYBODY had them and after a while some people didn't even know who they were. I could see them getting forgotten again after the rest of the races become shinny like before... and to be honest I don't mind that much.

Double posting is against the forum rules. Please use the edit button in future. Smile - Mush
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 11:54

Back then, most models were metal and sold in blister packs of two. Today we have a prominent line of plastic kits that are mass-manufactured. I seriously doubt that GW is going to let an entire product line languish into oblivion just like that.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 15:35

I personally think we'll get one in a couple of years just from the releases so far this year. So far it has been rapid fire codexes with only a few new models and if you think about it dark eldar fit that mold perfectly. We have a brand new line of amazing looking minis but the change to sixth has hurt a good number of them. By all reports the void raven has been finished and ready for awhile but why launch alone when you can launch it with a $50 book? I wouldn't be surprised by a book release late next year.
Besides 4th edition tau got a really quick update so its hardly without precident for a new book quickly.
I just really want to be able to use mandrakes....
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 16:17

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
I just really want to be able to use mandrakes....

Don't bet on that. Phil Kelly seems to have a bit of a blind spot on assault units and consistently makes them without grenades (Incubi, Mandrakes, Banshees, Warp Talons, Mutilators) and/or without any means to get into combat relatively intact (most of the above plus Wyches).
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 17:04

Well wyches problem with delivery only started in sixth so you cant blame him for that. Warptalons can deep strike and blind and most things in the chaos dex can be loaded into landraiders.
But all that aside I don't see what the current codex author's possible problems with assault has to do with the next codex. (Personally ive loved all of the codexes Kelly has written.)
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 01:33

Personally, I think the book is starting to show its age a bit.

There's just too many things out there that love Ignore Cover, and I personally think the Tau codex gave zero crap about Dark Eldar being an army. You have to drastically outplay the Tau player now whereas before, it was more about who had better generalship.

The book itself is good, but I think it could of been better. For example, being such a backstabby, ambush-loving, opportunist army, I'm actually very surprised there's so little Outflank, Infiltrate and Scout rules.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 08:13

HERO wrote:
The book itself is good, but I think it could of been better.  For example, being such a backstabby, ambush-loving, opportunist army, I'm actually very surprised there's so little Outflank, Infiltrate and Scout rules.
See I thought that in the beginning, but we are so mobile that I never really felt we were missing deployment option.

What I really think we are missing is reserve manipulation, and a webway portal system like the one in apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 08:21

Agree 100% with mush
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 08:24

Ignores cover is my only real complaint at the moment, and as of a series of discussions my gaming friends have agreed to a new two-tier system of power play, where those of us that want friendly games don't have to face Heldrakes, Monstrous Walkers or Smart Missile spam.

WWPs and Mandrakes are the only things in our codex that strike me as both signature AND unusable; I wouldn't be surprised if an Errata update or White Dwarf modification was released to "fix" our codex, which is already very 6th-friendly.

I don't have the new Apocalypse book; without breaking IP rules, Mushkilla, can you explain how they "fixed" it?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 08:47

By letting Vehicles in, and allowing to place several wwp before start of the game.
Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 15:39

An addition of Artillery would be nice for the lack of long range ignores cover weapons
And yes i know the liquifier is ignores cover but i need to be super close to that and i dont think tau would let you get close even with fast transports
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 16:38

Artillery are pretty much anathema to the Dark Eldar design concept/aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 19:12

Mushkilla wrote:
HERO wrote:
The book itself is good, but I think it could of been better.  For example, being such a backstabby, ambush-loving, opportunist army, I'm actually very surprised there's so little Outflank, Infiltrate and Scout rules.
See I thought that in the beginning, but we are so mobile that I never really felt we were missing deployment option.

What I really think we are missing is reserve manipulation, and a webway portal system like the one in apocalypse.
Ah, you see this is where I disagree.

There is nothing in the written design/fluff of the army that suggests that Dark Eldar deploy normally.  Everything written says we come out of nowhere.  Do we really?  Our current deployment going by the BRB basically has us lined up just like any front line army.

While there doesn't need to be Outflank, Infiltrate, Scout located on everything, there needs to be a something that separates DE from the standard deployment protocol.  Whether this means army-wide all-reserve + come in on turn 2, auto-outflank any side we choose, or what not, it doesn't matter.  The fact of the matter is:  The fluff does not match the rules.  That's just how it's written and there's nothing anyone can say to argue otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 19:30

HERO wrote:
While there doesn't need to be Outflank, Infiltrate, Scout located on everything, there needs to be a something that separates DE from the standard deployment protocol.  Whether this means army-wide all-reserve + come in on turn 2, auto-outflank any side we choose, or what not, it doesn't matter.  The fact of the matter is:  The fluff does not match the rules.  That's just how it's written and there's nothing anyone can say to argue otherwise.
I completely agree with giving them a unique deployment system as it just doesn't make sense that the Dark Eldar would just be sitting their stationary waiting to get shot (turn 1 going second). I always felt that made no sense considering the fluff. Though I would rather something unique (rather than infiltrate or scout). Dark Eldar should have fantastic reserve control/deployment options considering their background.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 19:47

Mushkilla wrote:
HERO wrote:
I completely agree with giving them a unique deployment system as it just doesn't make sense that the Dark Eldar would just be sitting their stationary waiting to get shot (turn 1 going second). I always felt that made no sense considering the fluff. Though I would rather something unique (rather than infiltrate or scout). Dark Eldar should have fantastic reserve control/deployment options considering their background.
Yup. There's a huge amount of rules that can be used for a more unique deployment.

Some ideas:
1. Be the only army in the game that can still fully reserve.
2. The entire army can Outflank.
3. You choose specific locations around the map and pre-deploy Webway Portals that reserves can come in from.
4. You always go first unless being seized upon.
..etc

As long as DE does not deploy like every other army in the next book, I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 19:56

HERO wrote:
1. Be the only army in the game that can still fully reserve.
The only problem with that is we would auto lose though because of not having anything on the board, so they would need to add an exception for that too. I'm curious how drop pod assault works in the new marine book, it might be a insightful.

But seriously DE starting on the board and getting shot up turn 1, is akin to having to start your drop pods on the board when going second and letting them get shot up (i.e ridiculous, the designers clearly realised that with drop pods, but overlooked it with DE). Lets just send our drop pods to this empty forest for no apparent reason... No wait it's a TRAP!

Though personally I would love to see something to do with night fight. Guaranteed Night fight for the whole game anyone? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next