THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex

Go down 
+60
DEfan
Elzadar
RetroGamer1224
Dalamar
joe twocrows
fuhrmaaj
LSK
clively
average joe
ravenizer
Eldritchwarmaster84
Shadowharte
HERO
Bibitybopitybacon
Haemonculus
infamousme
Thor665
Vasara
shadowseercB
doriii
GKP
Archon_Demetrious
The_Burning_Eye
bklooste
MongooseDog
Mandor
Yllithian
Archon Farath Mure
darthken239
wanderingblade
Archon Darkanis
commandersasha
Talos
Skizzik_NZ
Count Adhemar
Gobsmakked
Skulnbonz
Balisong
Jehoel
Cavash
Cavalier
Azdrubael
AvInNebr
Skyboard surfer
Selvhan
Tony Spectacular
Devilish
Sulphunet
Tiri Rana
Massaen
Hijallo
DominicJ
Nomic
Mushkilla
Darklight
Barking Agatha
Sky Serpent
sgb69
leinmann
stapebren7502
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 19:23

God i hope not. Besides some things that could be fixed via FAQs or WD updates we have a great codex that doesnt need replacement any time in foreseeble future.

Its not anywhere near Nids, Eldar or Templars. They need update. Probably IG too, to rebalance some things.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 20:53

I think, if GW will keep that rate of releases, we'll recieve our brand new codex towards the end of 2015.
But it hardly would be a really significant change, like the 5E one
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 07:39

The real question is, what would they release to coincide with a new codex? The Voidraven, plastic incubi, grots, and/or wracks, boxes of beasts and/or archon's court, something new entirely?
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 13:21

There seems to have been a noticeable shift towards the big.
Grey Knights and Tau got big battle suits, Chaos got big deamons, DAngels got big speeders, in fantasy, everything seems to have got giant stuff.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 13:29

I would love a new codex, but aside from some rules updates (for the flyers, maybe jetbike option for an hq character) I really don't know what they would release in terms of models. Sure the Void Raven, but plastic Incubi, Grotesques etc. I just dont think thats going to happen any time soon. The army is still far too new. Eldar are still using wraithguard, warlocks, the avatar, jetbikes, falcons, warp spiders from 2nd edition or earlier. No way Dark Eldar are going to see an update in terms of models, therefore no update in terms of rules.

That being said I would love a big huge new book with the rules updates and tweaks. Especially for units like Mandrakes, the flyers, and perhaps some overwatch counter for wyches (using their dodge save on overwatch). Its all wishlisting though, I just dont seeing it happening for a long long time.

DE will be getting their 6ed buff from their craftworld battle brothers for those willing to run allies (or converted corsair/pirate armies).
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13 2013, 16:08

Please start a new thread for any wishlisting of models. Thank you - Cavash.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 18:55

Quote :
No way Dark Eldar are going to see an update in terms of models, therefore no update in terms of rules.

Aye, thats true. Jed Goodwin once said on Games Day that first they create the model and only then create a rules for this model. For example tthere was first box of Tactical Squad and Codex Entry and all possible wargear to take was made on the basis of whats in the box.

I kinda doubt they will rethink our line and go release 2-4 new Plastic boxes and 2-3 Finecast single minis.

At least its understandable what we will see with Eldar release - plastic Wraithguard/Everguad box, some giant rumoured mini, maybe some Exodites stuff, this theme is not explored yet and there is some rumoured of warriors riding big lizards.. Oh and Flyers.

Dark Eldar is an exlored theme right now.

I really wish they expand their Harlequin theme, that would catch much attention.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 19:16

He might have said it, but its a new, and still rare situation, in which all of the possible options are in the box

A Tactical Squad comes with a rocket and a flamer I think
An assault squad comes with just a P/W, P/F, bolt pistols and chainswords.

Deldar box sets do seem better than most I remember in that regard.

Exodites would be ok, but I kinda worry we'd get wood elves in space, and they should get their own dex if they are done at all.

Or maybe Exodites and pirates in a combined dex, separate from Craftworld and Dark.
Back to top Go down
Sulphunet
Hellion
Sulphunet

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14 2013, 19:20

That would be interesting DominicJ, maybe having something like the Corsair line from Forge World and Exodites in one codex.

But that would be a new codex, and I honestly doubt Games Workshop would do anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 08:38

My guess is that there will be 15 armies, no more and no less, so there is no room for a new codex, and Black Templars are out of luck, unless the sisters of battle quietly disappear (nooo!). I do not envision a plethora of codices.
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 09:33

The more factions and weird specialized rules & gear in this game, the more my l33t research skills matter on the tabletop.

Compared to combing handwritten police logs of the 1920's in search of specific rioters, or dealing with county record-keeping, digesting a codex is a light and enjoyable repast.

But, to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 10:06

I'm gonna say no. And I actually think our codex is pretty great. I would like to see an update for the mandrakes so that they will be as good as their models. I have 10 amazing models on my shelf that I cannot fit in a list to save my life...
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 13:34

I'd be happy if our HQs could take jet bikes and skyboards.
Maybe a few other fiddles to make our F/A and H/S better balanced
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 19:51

I imagine that we will see some updates for Harlequins that we will be able to use in the new Eldar Dex. Maybe even Corsairs.

Otherwise, I think we will be one of the Last Codexes released.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 20:14

How long was it before the older codex and our new one?
11+ years?

we get a codex, it is balanced (for the most part) and now people want a NEW codex?

NO THANK YOU!

Rather the devil i know than the one I don't!
Those of you hoping for a new Codex may awake one morning to see your venoms only 6 shots, your splinter weapons no longer poisoned and your Incubi with AP4 power weapons!

Be careful what you wish for... you want change? you may just get it!

i agree with others here that a few tweaks would fix our army just fine.

Mandrakes start with a pain token OR make the mandrake named character able to join em!
for the love of god give incubi and mandrakes assault grenades
Allow vehicles out of portals OR allow charging out of portals

TaDa... most issues and complaints fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 20:30

There is a difference between 'do you think there will be' and 'do you want there to be'. If a new codex comes out, it comes out whether you desperately wanted it or you said 'no thank you, I'm fine'.

Current evidence suggests that there will be a 6th edition codex for Dark Eldar, eventually. Again, whether we want one or not. And be honest, if it comes out, everyone here will be chuffed, no matter what they say now.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 22:51

Quote :
Please start a new thread for any wishlisting of models. Thank you - Cavash
I have asked once already. Please do not make me have to ask again.

I do not think that we will get another codex. There are many other armies that are in much more dire need of a new book, and ours is relatively new. It's well balanced, it takes skill to play and has a wide variety of units. It can be fielded in many different ways meaning that the same lists are not spammed over and over again as with some races (GK, for exapmle).
We have a decent book that's not predictable. We have a book that is one of few that GW should be proud of for being well balanced. Because of this I highly doubt they will give us a new codex. A few supplements, possibly, but not a new book.
Back to top Go down
stapebren7502
Slave
stapebren7502

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 03:48

Cavash wrote:
Quote :
Please start a new thread for any wishlisting of models. Thank you - Cavash
I have asked once already. Please do not make me have to ask again.

I do not think that we will get another codex. There are many other armies that are in much more dire need of a new book, and ours is relatively new. It's well balanced, it takes skill to play and has a wide variety of units. It can be fielded in many different ways meaning that the same lists are not spammed over and over again as with some races (GK, for exapmle).
We have a decent book that's not predictable. We have a book that is one of few that GW should be proud of for being well balanced. Because of this I highly doubt they will give us a new codex. A few supplements, possibly, but not a new book.
I dont understand when people keep telling us that we have a very balanced codex.What does that mean there are holes all over it.You look at all the new codexs out there and they all seem to have a couple hard cor units.What in are book that you would call them a ohh, here they come unit.
People are talking balance.Balance to what?

When I started this thred I was trying to ask if we get a 6th bump what do you think they will fix.I dont remember where I read it.Phil Kelly said looking back he would have changes somethings.
I for one dont feel very balanced, wait EQUAL to othere codexs out there. To bring us in line what would they have to change? tongue
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 03:58

Cavash wrote:
I do not think that we will get another codex. There are many other armies that are in much more dire need of a new book.

Cav, my point is that there aren't many other armies. There are ten, and they are: Bood Angels, Eldar, Grey Knights, Imperial Guard, Necrons, Orks, Sisters of Battle, Space Marines, Space Wolves, and Tyranids. That's it. And even if all of them were ahead of Dark Eldar in the queue, that is still only 10 new codices in 40+ months, when thus far they've released 4 codices in 10 months.

Sure many of those 40+ months will be dedicated to Warhammer Fantasy new releases. Supposing there is a new edition of WHFB next year, they have about 14 months and eight armies still without an 8th edition book: Beastmen, Bretonnia, Dark Elves, Dwarfs, High Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, and Wood Elves. That's it, and we already know High Elves are in May, so that leaves seven.

If they release a new Warhammer Fantasy army book every other month, as they have been doing, and a new WH40K codex every third month, as they also have been doing, that covers every single Warhammer army just before 9th edition, and every single 40K army with more than half a year to spare before 7th edition. Unless they slow down to 1 or 2 codices per year there will be a new dark eldar codex if only because there won't be anything else left.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 08:09

In the more immediate future, I can see us getting some sort of update to address the Skyfire issue. But otherwise, in terms of GW's priorities for codexes, I see our next one being similar to what we have now, a 6.75 edition, 6th but designed with 7th in mind. Not ideal.

I would be happy to be wrong, but that's where I think we are at.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 10:34

Gobsmakked wrote:
I see our next one being similar to what we have now, a 6.75 edition, 6th but designed with 7th in mind. Not ideal.

Worked out alright for the Necrons.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 11:17

Count Adhemar wrote:
worked out alright for the Necrons.

Did it? A lot of old necron players I know are too ashamed to play with their necrons any more. it's like if Matt Ward did our codex and it became broken, I would probably take a long hiatus from the hobby.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 11:34

Mushkilla wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
worked out alright for the Necrons.

Did it? A lot of old necron players I know are too ashamed to play with their necrons any more. it's like if Matt Ward did our codex and it became broken, I would probably take a long hiatus from the hobby.

Well they got a strong list. But yes, my friends who played necrons before this dex, have quit and sold theirs now. A shame really...

Anyway I love our current codex, and dont need a new one Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 11:35

Say what you like about Matt Ward, he got a lot of people playing his Codexes!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 11:59

Count Adhemar wrote:
Say what you like about Matt Ward, he got a lot of people playing his Codexes!

I wasn't talking about ward in particular, his codexes (besides blood angels/vanila marines, which I think are his best book) do generally present an advantage to those who use them. But the same can be said for IG and Spacewolves (not so much now that they have zero flyers access). People like winning what can I say, and it is easier to win with necrons/grey knights/guard/space wolves. Very Happy

I just don't want Dark Eldar to become an easy to use straight forward face-beater codex like necrons or guard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next