THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex

Go down 
+60
DEfan
Elzadar
RetroGamer1224
Dalamar
joe twocrows
fuhrmaaj
LSK
clively
average joe
ravenizer
Eldritchwarmaster84
Shadowharte
HERO
Bibitybopitybacon
Haemonculus
infamousme
Thor665
Vasara
shadowseercB
doriii
GKP
Archon_Demetrious
The_Burning_Eye
bklooste
MongooseDog
Mandor
Yllithian
Archon Farath Mure
darthken239
wanderingblade
Archon Darkanis
commandersasha
Talos
Skizzik_NZ
Count Adhemar
Gobsmakked
Skulnbonz
Balisong
Jehoel
Cavash
Cavalier
Azdrubael
AvInNebr
Skyboard surfer
Selvhan
Tony Spectacular
Devilish
Sulphunet
Tiri Rana
Massaen
Hijallo
DominicJ
Nomic
Mushkilla
Darklight
Barking Agatha
Sky Serpent
sgb69
leinmann
stapebren7502
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 20:20

Maybe we would get rules like daemons? Half army comes T1, other half T2? I'd realy like to see more Infiltration units in DE. No barrage / tanks / psykers. Maaybe one bigger elite slot MC (everybody now gets one).

Also reworking Webway portal would be awsome Smile. Like a fortification , that can be bought. Maybe too powerful, but who knows Smile
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 23:11

I just finished a DoW Soulstorm campaign as the DE and thought to myself hmmm.... I wonder if we could convert some of those funky abilities into 40k rules and wargear. So adding to my wishlist...How about -1 ld across the board on a given turn. Or some kind of area effect that inflicts a -1 to armor saves and values. Or some kind of pain amp piece of kit that has an area effect that reduces BS and WS. Kind of hard to shoot straight or swing a chainsword when your eyes and ears are bleeding.
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 12:03

average joe wrote:
How about -1 ld across the board on a given turn.
Hell, Dark eldar sight should inflict such fear, that they reroll succesfull Morale tests when they have DE model on LoS !
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 21:36

Barking Agatha wrote:
Obviously it's all guessing, but it makes sense that they would want to limit their line to 15 different armies, same as in Warhammer Fantasy. Therefore the only way that Black Templars could get their own codex would be if they push another army off the list...
GKP wrote:
Kinda unrelated to the current discussion, but the Black Templar Forum on the B&C has had a Codex confirmed by multiple sources, who were threatened legal action if they kept talking. BT aren't going anywhere.
Can I say it now? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 00:10

I think that if nids are released in November, as predicted, then we have a good chance of seeing a new codex by the end of 2014.

Honestly I don't think we need much. A few models need to be released that are already described in the codex; warlord traits to replace the combat drugs table; usable mandrake rules. Then maybe something a little special to help with the ignores cover garbage. Whether that's picking any table edge to come in on or being able to purchase and drop a couple portals during terrain setup would work.

Minor other things might be making wyches a bit more survivable (4++ always - not just in combat for example). But, those things aren't really necessary.
Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 00:50

I hope when it comes out we get models for the baron, Kheradruakh, Sliscus, Lady Malys and Asdrubael Vect and please oh please reduce his points cost by at least a quarter like 180 lol 240 is too much.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 09:29

I dread new codex. Seriousely, the only thing we get will be nerfbat, anyone thinking we would just have an update are optimistic.

So play our wonderfull codex while you can.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 10:22

Azdrubael wrote:
I dread new codex. Seriousely, the only thing we get will be nerfbat, anyone thinking we would just have an update are optimistic.

So play our wonderfull codex while you can.
I only worry they will make some dreadful models for us (like the SM Centurions)

If they let me assault direct from a webway portal I think I'd be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 10:38

Assaulting from a webway portal would be awesome as its fluffy, and its exactly our playstyle saddly that wont happen with scrubs from other faction would complain like babies and be sore losers, why do you think the daemon prince got nerfed bad in 6th edition no more lash warptime, and more importantly Eternal warrior, are you kidding me, now my DP dies to str 10 or more OP then ever, psykers.
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 12:47

clively wrote:
warlord traits to replace the combat drugs table;
Drugs are fine, warlord traits are separate thing.

To me, webway portal should be revamped, as DE hide in the webway, this is the most fluffy item we got. They need to find a way to make it viable in 6th ed.
Same for the mandrakes and the Decrapitator. They should be in line with 6th ed system.

But I am quite sure this could be handled with some amendments in the next DE codex FAQ (if there is one ...)
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 22:29

Full Releases

JUN 2012 - 6th edition
OCT 2012 - Chaos Space Marines
JAN 2013 - Dark Angels
MAR 2013 - Chaos Daemons
APR 2013 - Tau Empire
JUN 2013 - Craftworld Eldar
SEP 2013 - Space Marines
NOV 2013 - Tyranids

The conservative release rate is a full release every 2.5 months, and the most optimistic is a full release every 2 months. Black Templars got cut, which means there are 15 armies, 7 of which should have 6th edition codices by November. Provided there are no re-releases 8 codices remain, one of which is us.

Conservative
8 books x 2.5 months/book = 20 months

So a conservative estimate based on the current rate would put the final release 20 months after November 2013. This means the final book would be out in July 2015.

Optimistic
8 books x 2 months/book = 16 months

An optimistic estimate based on the current rate would put the final release 16 months after November 2013. This means the final book would be out in March 2015.

The last 2 editions were shorter than previous editions and they lasted 4 years. Even if 7th edition came out in 2017, there would be plenty of time to release every codex, then go onto re-releases. This of course assumes that the current rate holds and that supplements won't begin to replace full releases.

I'm not sure we'd be too high on the codex list though. It would be nice if some units got looked at and buffed, provided that they didn't changed what is working (fat chance). The only thing I feel is truly missing is some kind of AA, which Forge World could produce.

Cavash look away.
As far as wishlisting goes, I'd like to see an army special rule which allows DE to charge on any turn they arrive from reserves. This would fix the WWP and many melee armies instantly. I'd also like to see cheaper Ravagers (they're still pretty expensive imo) and maybe take 2 or 3 in one slot so we can field non-Ravager HS occasionally. Flyers could go into Fast Attack too.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 07:00

Next year will be year of Warhammer Fantasy, with new edition and lots of new armybooks.

So take that into acount.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 10:33

I was chatting to someone last night who reckons warhammer is being rebooted next year, like a full, throw all your books out reboot.
The reasoning wasnt "I dont like it", it was a lot more, "I've read the management accounts and sales have fallen off a cliff".

If they do that, they are going to be hitting warhammer rulebooks extensively, it must be 13 years since that last happened and I cant imagine Ravening Hordes being well received today. Even if they do "elves", "Humans", "Undead" super books I wouldnt expect much of a look in for 40k for a year, once a quarter maybe
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14 2013, 11:50

That will not happen. The hardcover books are meant to hang around for a while. More likely they'll put in a section in the rulebook to be used together with the army books in order to update them to the new rules, whatever they may be.

That leaves only the softcover books to release, and as of now those are: Beastmen, Bretonnians, Dwarfs, Skaven, and Wood Elves. Two or three of those will be released before next summer, which is about when we can expect 9th edition Warhammer.

They are clearly trying to bring up all of the WH and 40K armies in line with each other before (in theory) moving forward. They're already more than halfway there, with only 5 WH armies and 9 40K armies to go. The Dark Eldar will probably get 'looked at', as they say, sometime next year.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14 2013, 23:28

Dark Elves are actually next. Cant wait for more converting stuff.
Back to top Go down
joe twocrows
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15 2013, 06:48

IMO we will either be the last for 6th or the first for 7th. Either way we need to adapt for the next two years.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 13:01

Mushkilla wrote:
Artillery are pretty much anathema to the Dark Eldar design concept/aesthetic.
Yes and no.
Its not so much big guns we disavow, as heavy armour.
I see little reason we wouldnt mount a basilisk on a skimmer chasis
Well, thats probably pushing it a bit.
But a rocket / missile battery, I think the Red army called them katsuyas or something?

AV11/11/10
Fast Skimmer
4 batteries of 4 rockets, can fire one per battery per turn
We have four basic types already, add an anti air and an anti tank?

Given all our talk of being masters of anti infantry, we have very little blast and ignores cover weaponry
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 13:46

DominicJ wrote:
Mushkilla wrote:
Artillery are pretty much anathema to the Dark Eldar design concept/aesthetic.
Yes and no.
Its not so much big guns we disavow, as heavy armour.
I see little reason we wouldnt mount a basilisk on a skimmer chasis
Well, thats probably pushing it a bit.
But a rocket / missile battery, I think the Red army called them katsuyas or something?
Sounds like the Sisters of Battle Exorcist.

I think any AA would be more likely to be a Dark Light or Haywire weapon, fluff-wise I mean.
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 13:54

DominicJ wrote:
I think the Red army called them katsuyas or something?
Those were Katyusha's :DI'm realy fond of a Skimmer Lance barrage type of thingy. But reality says, those would be in heavy support, and with voidraven, ravagers and other choices in there, it would be quite meh to have pick one over another :<
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 18:19

here is what I pulled from faeit 212:

"Further out (no particular order, just stuff I've heard in the pipeline for 2014):
Hive fleet kraken supp
Raven guard supp
Csm/daemon supplements 4 Gods
Black Templar Supp
Biel tan supp
Catachan supp
Orks 40k
Saim hann supp
Speed freaks supp
Blood angels 40k
Fleshtearers supp
Space Wolves 40k
13th gc supp
WfB 9
Wood elves"

So if this is the case by the end of 2014 we will have 6th ed codecs of:

Marines
Eldar
Tau
Nids
Chaos
Deamons
Dark Angels
Space Wolves
Blood Angels
Guard
Orks

All we have left are these in this order I hope. That would mean we could be the first codex of 2015.

Dark Eldar
Grey Knights
Necrons

Hmm someone said 15 armies I only got to 14 what am I missing?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 18:25

Sisters. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they got combined with either GK or Guard.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 19:52

Dalamar wrote:
here is what I pulled from faeit 212:

"Further out (no particular order, just stuff I've heard in the pipeline for 2014):
Hive fleet kraken supp
Raven guard supp
Csm/daemon supplements 4 Gods
Black Templar Supp
Biel tan supp
Catachan supp
Orks 40k
Saim hann supp
Speed freaks supp
Blood angels 40k
Fleshtearers supp
Space Wolves 40k
13th gc supp
WfB 9
Wood elves"
That list is mostly supplements to existing codices, which might be accurate but incomplete. For the past 10 months they have published a new codex or army book almost every month. Why would this lead anyone to predict only 3 in 2014?

So far, it has been:

January - Dark Angels
February - Warriors of Chaos
March - Daemons of Chaos (WH and 40K)
April - Tau (curse April!)
May - High Elves
June - Eldar
July - They skipped July! (for Apocalypse)
August - Lizardmen
September - Space Marines
October - Dark Elves

That is 9 Army Books/Codices in 2013, and there's still November and December to go. They might skip December for hobbits, but will there be a new big box to replace 'Escape from Goblin Town'? Very doubtful.

The most WH army books they can release in 2014 is five, because that is all that there is left. That would leave them 4 or 5 40K codices to release in 2014, and the last 4-5 left over for 2015. But they probably would not do that, because that would mean ignoring WH Fantasy for half a year.

I think they're pushing to reach a point where both WH and 40K are 'done', with all 30 armies updated to the 'current' edition at the same time. Then they'll probably start releasing miniatures as add-ons to the existing armies, hopefully with rules included (and not sold separately from the iStore!). 2014 is going to be all about reaching that goal.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 20:07

There will almost certainly be a new hobbit box!
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 21:28

DominicJ wrote:
There will almost certainly be a new hobbit box!
What, this year? Nah.
Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 21:45

So has it been confirmed that IG is not coming in Jan? Some rumors at my LGS say no. I believe we will not get anything until 2016 and only after 7th edition is out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/seekingknight
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next