THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex

Go down 
+60
DEfan
Elzadar
RetroGamer1224
Dalamar
joe twocrows
fuhrmaaj
LSK
clively
average joe
ravenizer
Eldritchwarmaster84
Shadowharte
HERO
Bibitybopitybacon
Haemonculus
infamousme
Thor665
Vasara
shadowseercB
doriii
GKP
Archon_Demetrious
The_Burning_Eye
bklooste
MongooseDog
Mandor
Yllithian
Archon Farath Mure
darthken239
wanderingblade
Archon Darkanis
commandersasha
Talos
Skizzik_NZ
Count Adhemar
Gobsmakked
Skulnbonz
Balisong
Jehoel
Cavash
Cavalier
Azdrubael
AvInNebr
Skyboard surfer
Selvhan
Tony Spectacular
Devilish
Sulphunet
Tiri Rana
Massaen
Hijallo
DominicJ
Nomic
Mushkilla
Darklight
Barking Agatha
Sky Serpent
sgb69
leinmann
stapebren7502
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2013, 17:53

Quote :
Why would this lead anyone to predict only 3 in 2014?
They will be, but it will be Warhammer Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 22:00

Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
Why would this lead anyone to predict only 3 in 2014?
They will be, but it will be Warhammer Fantasy.
Hmm, maybe, but which ones? Remember, there are only 5 left to choose from. If they put them all in 2014, they'll have nothing left for 2015. That would mean that in 2015 they would just have to release the last few 40K codices one after another, with no WH army books in between. Which is possible, but I doubt it.

It's possible that in 2014, around October or November, they will release the Sisters of Battle. After a few months of WH Fantasy they might go with, 'Did you think that we were neglecting 40K? No! Behold, something genuinely new! The all-new Battle Sisters; drool before our magnificent new models, drool!' because they don't want to push WH at the expense of 40K, they want to push both.

Since I'm making predictions, I predict that Matt Ward will write the Sisters' codex. He will seize it as an opportunity to disprove the unfair impression that he is a misogynist who likes to see them horribly abused. Unfortunately, he will do this by turning them into badass, straw-feminist, man-hating jerks, completely missing the point. He will say something unfortunate in White Dwarf, such as 'the Sisters aren't getting pushed around any more, they bad bitches!' A meme will turn up with his picture and the caption, 'Misogyny? No, They Bad Bitches!'

Our own codex will be released either shortly before the Sisters or, more likely, shortly after. Therefore, anyone who fears (perhaps unjustly) that it might be written by Matt may rest easy.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21 2013, 12:14

Next will be Dark Elves, just round the corner. Also the next rulebook for WHFB is going in 2014. That alone is a big release.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 00:09

My prediction for 2014:

January - Tyranids
February - Fantasy
March - IG
April - More fantasy
May - Orks
June - something
July - Fantasy 8th
August - Space Wolves
September - Starter set fantasy
October - **** fantasy codexx
November - Dark Eldar Very Happy or Blood Angels :C
Back to top Go down
Sulphunet
Hellion
Sulphunet

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 06:53

Actually, it'd be 9th edition for Warhammer Fantasy. February is rumoured to be Wood Elves, and I'm pretty sure that's true. And I think I heard that Dwarves are coming out with a new army book, so they'd fit into April.

But that does look like a very good estimate. This kind of thing is pretty hard to predict when it's a year from now, so this is all just an educated guess after March. We know when we're getting things, and we can guess when pretty accurately, but there could be some changes.

Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18 2014, 19:04

Well, with the way 2014 is shaping up, I'm no longer as sure as I was. I'm still hopeful, but I'm beginning to suspect that I'd better prepare myself for disappointment.

The chief question is, how important is it for GW to revamp the dark eldar? From their point of view, the dark eldar are has-beens. They'll get back to them eventually, but in the meantime they seem to have tons of new ideas, none of which involve the dark eldar, such as the new Imperial Kills-All-Your-Stuff, Ha-Ha that will certainly sell a lot better than anything dark eldar-related would.

So I guess the hope now is that they find themselves with a week to fill and they figure, why not throw us a bone? But that would be whatever they have worked up in store; maybe a new clamp pack character or two; maybe something like plastic grotesques, to put an end to people converting theirs from non-GW miniatures; maybe even a voidraven; and maybe a new book, but... these books are expensive to make, and there isn't a whole lot of incentive to make one.

I'm still hopeful. And I'll just keep repeating that to myself.
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19 2014, 08:09

I'm glad this thread has been revived from the dead. I really enjoy Barking Agatha's whimsical commentary: April- Tau (curse April), Imperial Kills All Your Stuff Ha Ha, etc.
Keep writing Barking Agatha.

I still want to keep my list purely DE as much as possible, but I have to admit after trying on a psyker for size, an allied farseer with divination really does go some way toward making DE very potent indeed.

Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19 2014, 19:17

Thanks, it's nice to be appreciated! I will make an effort to be even more whimsical from now on. Very Happy 

On the other hand, I did write this:

Barking Agatha wrote:
I seriously doubt that GW is going to let an entire product line languish into oblivion just like that.

So that shows what I know.
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09 2014, 21:40

I love everyone's ideas about getting some anti air haywire stuff in and the unique deployment options. Me, I was just hoping to get our fliers pushed to fast attack slots like those stuck up eldar types. I'd gladly field a couple razorwing jetfighters if they didn't replace a couple ravagers.

I feel like all these digital editions have to have thrown some curveballs into the codex release schedules. I'm going to hold out some optimism for Dark Eldar in 2014.

About the model updates, I was confused at first but it made me laugh to realize I have/had an Asdrubael Vect model and I remember the excitement of his release. They must have phased that model out a long time ago since he's no longer glued into the 14/14/14 vehicle as he was once was.
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 21:46

Hey
, I know I'm late to this but I work at a FLGS in the US and the GW rep we have hinted at DE the beginning of next year. BA would also definitely come before them.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 22:05

And you let him get away? Not even a wire up the jacksie until he told all?

Young kabalites these days...
Back to top Go down
joe twocrows
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2014, 05:38

I ordered some stuff from FW in late January, and the rep claimed there was 'new, cool stuff in the pipeline'. No time frame, and possibly just normal rep-speak, but mayhap.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2014, 11:14

joe twocrows wrote:
I ordered some stuff from FW in late January, and the rep claimed there was 'new, cool stuff in the pipeline'.  No time frame, and possibly just normal rep-speak, but mayhap.

New cool stuff for Dark Eldar?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2014, 11:30

Elzadar wrote:
joe twocrows wrote:
I ordered some stuff from FW in late January, and the rep claimed there was 'new, cool stuff in the pipeline'.  No time frame, and possibly just normal rep-speak, but mayhap.

lol! 

Oh wait, you were serious? No, there will probably be some cool new stuff for Eldar though which GW might graciously allow us to use.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 00:54

Based on existing rumors I'm going to say there is no possibility of DE getting a 6th edition codex.... 7th is supposed to ship in May.

Maybe the title of the thread should change.
Back to top Go down
Aroban
Kabalite Warrior
Aroban

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 21:50

Better a Codex at the beginning or mid of 7th than a codex at the end of 6th, which would be outdated soon afterwards when 7th is launched!
Back to top Go down
joe twocrows
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2014, 00:05

Count Adhemar wrote:
Elzadar wrote:
joe twocrows wrote:

lol! 

Oh wait, you were serious? No, there will probably be some cool new stuff for Eldar though which GW might graciously allow us to use.

Oh, I am quite serious...the rep said DE, and I said 'not just corsair stuff?'. Nope, he says, cool stuff.

As I mentioned (and expect), he could have just been doing the usual rep-speak, but still.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2014, 02:06

clively wrote:
Based on existing rumors I'm going to say there is no possibility of DE getting a 6th edition codex.... 7th is supposed to ship in May.  
I thought that rumor had comfortably died down to a 6.5 style release.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2014, 09:17

Thor665 wrote:
clively wrote:
I thought that rumor had comfortably died down to a 6.5 style release.

It had. That's more or less known now.

clively wrote:

See, based on experience and cynicism, that to me says we'll definitely be getting a 6th edition Codex, JUST before the new edition hits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
joe twocrows
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 03:02

The thread's stale, but so be it....I finished 'The Path of the Archon' a couple of days past. Um, Castigators, a Commoraghan take on Wraithguard/lords, would fit right into the current pattern of GW releases.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 06:32

If the rumours are true, and 7th is coming out next month, the answer to "Do you think we'll get a 6th edition codex?" is probably...no!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex   SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOOO Do you think We will get a 6th edition codex
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7