THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.

Go down 
+59
Ynneadwraith
wormfromhell
still-young
stilgar27
Hellstrom
BlackCadian
Mononcule
WadoW
flakmonkey
Erebus
Tengu
DingK
The_Burning_Eye
The Shredder
Izaeus
Kir Shadowwalker
Jimsolo
melkorthetonedeaf
solar shock
SERAFF
Creeping Darkness
facelessabsalom
CheeZe
Louxman
rotforge
SebastionSynn
Tangentical
Starkey
Lay_Ayanesha
Skyfish
Jpogfreak886
NiteOwl
Normski
Nezumi
Siticus the Ancient
RazorBryce
thelordcal
kokigami
Chaeril
tlronin
Count Adhemar
Levitas
yukisaiko
Vael Galizur
jb7090
abjectus
Lazarus
Mr Believer
Local_Ork
darkmark
Tiri Rana
Raucir Lustingclaw
Plague
Saintspirit
Gobsmakked
Dr. Thodt
Thor665
Nepenthe
speedfreek
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 19:16

Gobsmakked wrote:
[color=orange]Raging Heroes is obviously going to fill a hole in the market and props to them for doing so, but I can also see GW and Jes sitting back and grinding their teeth over this.

A shame, considering the effort they put into the models we have, but people want female archons and GW didn't think that far ahead.

Oh well. Can't wait for mine to turn up!

Raucir

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 20:30

Well, they are "kids friendly" company, unlike FW.
I'm kinda bummed nobody mentioned Kingdom of Death, tho they have very limited runs.

Also Avatars of War have some good female dark elfs.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 08:29

Sorry I didn't realize about this section. Anyways, I have those slave girls from Heroes, think I actually got the very last 28mm one, and superb they are too. I have the newer fantasy version of Asharah too.

Its worth noting Heroes sculpt true scale so you won't get super big guns, heads etc. As long as you bear that in mind I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 16:10

My Asharah turned up! She's beautiful!

The only gripes I have are that there was some minor bending of metal in transit which obviously isn't the fault of the casting or anything, and one of the helmets comes in two pieces that don't fit together properly (ugly gap between brow and eyes).

The model also seems to be thinner and slightly smaller than my Dark Eldar models, but she's on tippy-toes and I like the idea of an Archon being skeletally thin, so that works out quite nicely.

I'll post pictures when I start working on her.

Raucir

Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 15:45

Mine came today too, it's a fantastic model - I thought she'd be shorter than my regular Archon (who will now be demoted to Dracon) but she's actually slightly taller than him.

After reading some other stuff people had said about their older stuff not being as detailed as desired, I worried I'd have to go nuts with the green stuff, but it's spot on. In fact, there's less flash and moulding lines than on GW metal miniatures. And thankfully she isn't quite as busty as she looks in the photos. The head without a helmet could also possibly be used as the focal point of a Lhamaen conversion if you hate the GW model for it. I know I do...

Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 21:25

I looked through the kingdom of death models and that wet nurse one is daaaark, some one should buy that and use it as a talos or something.

Okay this girl looks awesome for a female archon but shes 35mm any suggestions on how to make her smaller?

http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/product/twilight-knight-pinup

edit: sorry for double posting [fixed - mod]
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 21:01

I got BaneLegion's Nagausith through the post the other day. I must say it may be one of the best dark elf minis I've ever seen or bought. The detail is shocking, and the photo doesn't do her justice. You need to find a way to have her in your army!

http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/?tag=bnl-012
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 23:31

Isn't she also a 35mm model though? and out of proportion with the rest of the army?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 00:07

Not quite sure actually. My old DE warrors are little over 30 mm high, not counting base and helmet. GW scales are... weird. Tanks tends to get bigger, same with infantry.

btw I have WIP shots of that banner chick somewhere (and no, I did not sculpted her. I'm not that good... yet).

[edit]
BAM!

As You can see, she is "about 30 mm high", like GW models. And... wow, just freaking wow. Reptile cloak is probably press-molded, but... fudge me, I want to sculpt like that guy!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 01:21

By my calculations she ought to look pretty sharp next to a DE...I may have to purchase one of these.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 01:42

darkmark wrote:
I got BaneLegion's Nagausith through the post the other day. I must say it may be one of the best dark elf minis I've ever seen or bought. The detail is shocking, and the photo doesn't do her justice. You need to find a way to have her in your army!

Gak! She looks amazing.

Can you please post a Barry shot of her next to a regular 40K DE fig?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 05:20

The scale is measured to a humans eye level, so 25mm scale would be 25mm from top of base to eye of average guardsmen at attention.

People vary in height, and scale creeps with age, and who knows how much eldar vary in height between individuals.
The scale of vehicles is different then infantry and range/move scale is different once again (almost logarithmic no less, 1 foot is fraction of kilometer, 10 feet over 10 kilometers, 40 feet equals intercontinental missile range) Rolling Eyes
The infantry scale is listed at 28mm sometimes, 25mm others.
Spacemarines are out of scale to guard.

So if it looks good with other models the scale is fine.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 05:50

Oh, if thats the case I'mma getting me one of here, or maybe one of the kingdom death models. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 10:27

darkmark wrote:

Thanks for this darkmark, she is an amazing model for certain! I am so weak, I ordered one moments after seeing her. Too many great minis coming out from other companies and I always find myself trying to figure out how I'll incorporate them into my army.

If anyone is interested, here are more closeups of Nagausith.
http://artmikh.blogspot.com/2011/08/nagausith-details.html

Lazarus wrote:
I looked through the kingdom of death models and that wet nurse one is daaaark, some one should buy that and use it as a talos or something.

Okay this girl looks awesome for a female archon but shes 35mm any suggestions on how to make her smaller?

http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/product/twilight-knight-pinup

edit: sorry for double posting [fixed - mod]

You could probably remove 5mm or so by cutting her boots down a little bit.

[glued posts together - L_O]

Last edited by Plague on Wed Sep 28 2011, 11:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 13:07

I'll try to sort out a photobucket account today and post a quick snap. A quick side by side looky and I'm sure she's bang on scale height wise. However, she may be a tiny bit skinnier. Factor in though that she doesn't have armour on and its no problem at all.

I got an 18% off code for getting any BaneLegions and a bunch of other alternative games/ models from Maelstrom. Valid till next Monday, and knowing MG probably for a week on top.

code: ALTERNATE-GAMER

Sorry for poor pics, blu-tac etc, but was in a rush!

How she comes in blister
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 MarksModels001
Size comparison with some other models
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 MarksModels002
Left to right:
Kabuki's Nerah
Raging Heroes' Asharah
Guild of Harmony's Vanys
GW's supreme sorceress
Bane Legion's Nagausith
Guild of Harmony's Phoenicia
GW's succubus
AoW's light elf mage

Last edited by darkmark on Thu Sep 29 2011, 08:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 22:20

All look close enough in scale to me. Are you making hoard of succubi apoc. formation? just kidding. Raider filled entirely with succubi with agonisers would give bio-titans nightmares.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 01:02

Agreed, that is an interesting cast of characters you have there, darkmark.

Nagausith looks awesome scale-wise to me, so I guess I will be picking one up at some point.

Thank you very much for the pics, appreciate it.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 15:39

Thanks everyone for all the ideas, this thread is chock full of good conversions and alternate sources for miniatures.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 09:38

This is an excellent thread!

I know they are hard to find now (pretty much only on eBay), but many of Rackham's Alchemists of Dirz minis from their Confrontation line are very Dark Eldar, especially the ones from 2002 to 2006. I suspect they may have had some influence over the new style of the DE range as well.

http://underthemountain.wordpress.com/athenaeum/aarklash-archive/factions/alchemists-of-dirz/

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
yukisaiko
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 22:17

Thinking of using the Freebooter Sister of Mercy as a Haemonculi (sp?)
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2012, 21:16

Awesome thread, I have a few on order so will keep you guys posted on what they look like.

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2012, 08:57

Just saw this model and thought he looked pretty good for Duke Sliscus

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 CST2041

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2012, 08:35

Nice thread. Keep it alive peeps. I'll be stealing idea's faster than a Dark Eldar can steal your sun. Wink

Edit: Saw some over at Dark Sword Miniatures that might work...

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 V_7432_f1_p

As Lady Malys, Succubus, Siren or perhaps even Hekatrix?

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 V_7433_f1_p

As Lady Malys, Succubus, Siren or perhaps even Hekatrix?

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 V_7517_f1_p_Marike

Might work if you want a very special Solarite for your Scourges.

Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2012, 12:52

Thanks people for this great page!

Back to top Go down
kokigami
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 03:27

raging heroes has a new set of Blood Vestals..

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/blood-vestals-command-group

and

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/blood-vestals

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 Vestal-command-box

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 Vestal-troop-box

EDIT - pics added. Gob.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next