THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.

Go down 
+59
Ynneadwraith
wormfromhell
still-young
stilgar27
Hellstrom
BlackCadian
Mononcule
WadoW
flakmonkey
Erebus
Tengu
DingK
The_Burning_Eye
The Shredder
Izaeus
Kir Shadowwalker
Jimsolo
melkorthetonedeaf
solar shock
SERAFF
Creeping Darkness
facelessabsalom
CheeZe
Louxman
rotforge
SebastionSynn
Tangentical
Starkey
Lay_Ayanesha
Skyfish
Jpogfreak886
NiteOwl
Normski
Nezumi
Siticus the Ancient
RazorBryce
thelordcal
kokigami
Chaeril
tlronin
Count Adhemar
Levitas
yukisaiko
Vael Galizur
jb7090
abjectus
Lazarus
Mr Believer
Local_Ork
darkmark
Tiri Rana
Raucir Lustingclaw
Plague
Saintspirit
Gobsmakked
Dr. Thodt
Thor665
Nepenthe
speedfreek
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Louxman
Slave
Louxman

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 22:21

Flying against popular opinion, I'm going to confess that I don't like our vehicle models, just don't, I'm sorry.

Does anybody have any smart ideas for alternatives? Preferably non GW...

L
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11 2013, 12:02

For anyone wanting cheaper alternatives for Khymerae:
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 259-972-thickbox

CheeZe
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12 2013, 11:12

https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/avatars-of-war/dark-elf-queen-witch-kit.html

A possible Lady Malys or generic female Archon/Succubus.

facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15 2013, 19:52

Forgive me if this has already been posted here, I can't seem to find it here but I believe I've seen this here before.

http://bitspudlo.com/products/daemons-of-pleasure-4

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 Demon11b

With some minor conversion, these could be wych archoness succubus etc. They come insets of 4, where 3 of them are...
NSFW:

Weapons:
http://bitspudlo.com/products/swords-of-the-ancients

Generally, they got wolves and bitz for DEs to use. Banners, weapons and heads for our beast packs. And parts for our heamonculis!

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21 2013, 11:54

I stumbled on these while looking for something else - vultures. At 4 to a pack for AU$13.50, they are half the price of Razorwings.

No painted pics unfortunately, and I can't seem to save a pic of the metal models. They look pretty similar though.

http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=87_126_144&products_id=12341

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21 2013, 14:31

Good find.

Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Succubus/ Lhameana/ female Archon conversion   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12 2013, 10:50

Recently I have noticed announcement of a new miniature Himiko, Geisha Queen by Studio McVey.

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 Studio10

It fits to DE army perfectly and can serve you for many purposes - as a Succubus, Lhameana, female Archon or even female Duke version.

What do you think?

Moved this here, great find and thanks for sharing!
/faceless
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12 2013, 16:11

It is a gorgeous model. I'm not sure if I really see it capturing the DE vibe...I think it's the helmet that feels off - though that would be a pretty easy conversion.

Back to top Go down
solar shock
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2013, 08:26

That is a lovely model Smile I can definitely see with a little conversion work it having a nice DE vibe to it. Is it a plastic kit? or resin?
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2013, 10:22

solar shock wrote:
That is a lovely model :)I can definitely see with a little conversion work it having a nice DE vibe to it. Is it a plastic kit? or resin?
It's resin. Here is the link, where you can find more information.
http://studiomcvey.highwire.com/product/smm36--himiko
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01 2014, 14:14

Looks like Avatars of War have some new DE goodies. There are two assassin types called Shadows, and Vestals, aka Witches, coming. If you pre-order the Vestals you have the option of buying either 20 Vestals + an exclusive Concubine model, or 30 regular Vestals for 35€!  affraid

Edit: I nearly forgot to mention that PP are releasing a new faction for their system that appears to be quite promising for Grotesques and the like. Sorry, don't know their name. Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 02:33

i think it's awesome that so many other companies make models that can work for my army. as a new player, it's just staggering how so many things i like are heavily influenced by 40k.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23 2014, 07:48

I've had some success in getting Grotesques and Wracks out of old Dreamblade miniatures. The game is long since dead, but you can still get some of the minis cheap. Some of the commons (especially the Whirling Knifedancer and the Painmaw) look GREAT as Dark Eldar models.

Noble Knight games (www.nobleknight.com) has quite a few of them left for a very cheap price. Troll and Toad has some too.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 06:03

Here's some pics of the Dreamblade minis I was mentioning.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kir Shadowwalker
Slave
Kir Shadowwalker

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 11:56

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 Bpa4HqyyBMI

Original Baron )))
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 03:16

I don't know how "original" that is. While I'm not in favor of supporting Games Workshop's rather draconian attempts to "protect their IP," this particular model is a pretty blatant rip off. It's just a three dimensional rendering of the illustration of the Baron from the book. The quality is undeniably good, but I don't think I could support it in good faith.

The morality of the issue is certainly up for debate, but supporting this piece would clearly be unethical.
Back to top Go down
Izaeus
Kabalite Warrior
Izaeus

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 09:32

I'm not even sure if I should use it because it ended up being bigger than I thought but I was considering using a d&d miniature as a razorwing flock, it looks big and nasty enough to have five wounds and five attacks but about half the size out a raider
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 09:37

Jimsolo wrote:
I don't know how "original" that is.  While I'm not in favor of supporting Games Workshop's rather draconian attempts to "protect their IP," this particular model is a pretty blatant rip off.  It's just a three dimensional rendering of the illustration of the Baron from the book.  The quality is undeniably good, but I don't think I could support it in good faith.

The morality of the issue is certainly up for debate, but supporting this piece would clearly be unethical.

If GW can't be bothered to make a model then I have no problem buying from someone who can! Rather typically though, GW decides that, instead of making models for units that don't currently have them, they'll simply remove the units from the game. Only company in the world that I can think of that actively and vindictively seeks to punish its own customers.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 11:05

Anyone else thinking that Skaven Stormfiends might make nice Grotesques?

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 IMG_1452

Slap a Talos facemask on it and that's pretty damn good IMO.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 11:13

Awsome.

The weapons on the top and right one could have come right off a Talos.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 11:15

Only concern is possibly the scale of the models. Not sure how big they are. I suspect they might be MASSIVE.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 11:20

Count Adhemar wrote:
Only concern is possibly the scale of the models. Not sure how big they are. I suspect they might be MASSIVE.

Could use them for unusual Talos or Cronos then? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 11:43

They do look interesting, though I think I'd like to see sprue pictures first, they might need some significant work if they're oversized in terms of flesh gauntlets etc.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 19:52

Here are some stats I found for them on Bell of Lost Souls:

Storm Fiends
85pts

M6 WS4 BS3 S5 T4 W4 I5 A4 Ld7 Monstrous Infantry

Unit size 3+

Light Armor (optional warpstone-laced armor; grants the entire unit 4+ armor, but casualties must be pulled from warpstone-laced armor models first. Attacks that target specific models still do so, ignoring the warpstone-laced armor rules )

Each model (each model in a unit may choose differently) must choose from:

- Grinderfists (reroll failed to wounds in assault); S:5, arrives turn 2-3 at a pre-marked position, may shoot or assault upon arrival, d3 automatic hits in assault, magical
- Doom-flayer gauntlets (reroll failed to wounds in assault); +2S, Impact Hits(d3)
- Ratling cannons (reroll failed to wounds via shooting); 18" S5 Armorpiercing, multipleshot(3d6), ignore longrange & multishot penalties, to-hits rolls of "1" hit nearest friendlies, magical
- Shock gauntlets (reroll failed to wounds in assault); +1S, D3 stomp hits, ignores armor
- Warpfire projectors (reroll failed to wounds via shooting); stone thrower, S5, flaming attacks, multiple wounds(D3), misfies casue d6 hits on nearest friendlies, magical
- Windlaunchers (reroll failed to wounds via shooting); stonethrower, 6-24" wound on a 4+,magical, 2d6 scatter on a misfire

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <

Last edited by Drago Galizur on Tue Jan 13 2015, 20:09; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2015, 19:54

BOOM! Found a pic with other units.

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 Attachment
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?51770-End-Times-4-Rumor-Roundup

Looks like they are a new kind of Rat Ogre and may be replacing the old ones altogether.

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <

Last edited by Drago Galizur on Tue Jan 13 2015, 20:22; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next