THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.

Go down 
+59
Ynneadwraith
wormfromhell
still-young
stilgar27
Hellstrom
BlackCadian
Mononcule
WadoW
flakmonkey
Erebus
Tengu
DingK
The_Burning_Eye
The Shredder
Izaeus
Kir Shadowwalker
Jimsolo
melkorthetonedeaf
solar shock
SERAFF
Creeping Darkness
facelessabsalom
CheeZe
Louxman
rotforge
SebastionSynn
Tangentical
Starkey
Lay_Ayanesha
Skyfish
Jpogfreak886
NiteOwl
Normski
Nezumi
Siticus the Ancient
RazorBryce
thelordcal
kokigami
Chaeril
tlronin
Count Adhemar
Levitas
yukisaiko
Vael Galizur
jb7090
abjectus
Lazarus
Mr Believer
Local_Ork
darkmark
Tiri Rana
Raucir Lustingclaw
Plague
Saintspirit
Gobsmakked
Dr. Thodt
Thor665
Nepenthe
speedfreek
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 08:22

As Plague has pointed out in the News & Rumour section, Raging Heroes is also about to unleash their Sci-Fi Blood Vestals:

http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/6404332-last-chance-for-input-on-the-sf-blood-vestals#comments

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Vestal-SF-teaser2

And they have another leader for their vestals, Blood Mistress Skaryaa.

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Skaryaa-gif-produit

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 09:26

It has been said that they are going to release Skaryaa in Sci-Fi version.

Sci-Fi Blood Vestal Update. Great new renders and they are going on sale this Thursday!

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Vestal-final-teaser-2

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 09:50

I'm looking for some alternatives to the current GW line of Harlequins. Do you think the blood vestals, with face mask and painted in a clown esque fashion would be suitable?
Back to top Go down
RazorBryce
Slave
RazorBryce

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 21:43

Do you think i could get away with using these Warmachine Cryx Cephalyx Overlords as Haemonculi?

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Cephalyx-overlords-CLPD

The main reason being that they come in a pack of 3 which costs around £12/£13 so significantly cheaper.

Slave
RazorBryce

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 21:56

thelordcal wrote:
I'm looking for some alternatives to the current GW line of Harlequins. Do you think the blood vestals, with face mask and painted in a clown esque fashion would be suitable?

You could pretty much use anything as a harley you can find as long as it is a similar size and has a pistol and a sword or something similar. All you have to do is paint it in a ridiculous bright and garish colour scheme and they wont be too dissimilar. They stand out from your army anyway so it shouldn't matter if the models don't look too 40K or DE like.

Sorry for double post but it is totally different to my last one, just spotted that comment.

Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 22:59

RazorBryce wrote:
Do you think i could get away with using these Warmachine Cryx Cephalyx Overlords as Haemonculi?

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Cephalyx-overlords-CLPD

The main reason being that they come in a pack of 3 which costs around £12/£13 so significantly cheaper.

Easily. Thought about using them as Haemonculi for my own army when I was just starting out. They make for very fine Haemonculi, and it would take a very unreasonable person to not let you field those guys as opposed to the GW model. If you happen to find a person like that, probably not someone you'd want to play with anyway.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 23:01

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 P1000118

I use them in my army, although I took the mechanical armatures off as they were incredibly fragile. Anywhere outside a GW store I think will be fine with them.

RazorBryce
Slave
RazorBryce

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 02:17

Wow thanks for your great response and photo, i was thinking i may take the mechanical things off myself and possibly add 2 DE arms if possible.

Are they warhammer bases you have used or are the ones that come with it like in my picture?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 11:40

I used some spare 40k bases as the ones they come with have a more rounded look that doesn't fit the rest of the army.

Nezumi
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23 2012, 11:16

This one was shown in another thread but I thought it deserved a spot over here as well

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=57

Suitable for a Haemonculi I would have thought
Back to top Go down
Normski
Hellion
Normski

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 20:01

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Nemezi10
this could proxy a Grotesque

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Opvc-010
I thought this could be a Wrack

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Nova-c10
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Serum10

I thought with some nice conversion work the 2 models above would make a great Sslyth?

My mind is at work here !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/normski72/
NiteOwl
Hellion
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06 2013, 17:47

How about these as alternative khymeras: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=&prodId=prod1830100a?

Why these then? Well they are cheaper and still look great. Just paint them with glowing red eyes and the fur shadow black.

What say you?

Nezumi
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 10:02

Plague wrote:
It has been said that they are going to release Skaryaa in Sci-Fi version.

Sci-Fi Blood Vestal Update. Great new renders and they are going on sale this Thursday!

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Vestal-final-teaser-2

So has anyone painted up these girls yet, I have mine but they are still sitting in the box, a combination of no time and a fear of stuffing them up means that they will stay there for the near future at least but I am curious to see how well they come up.
Back to top Go down
Jpogfreak886
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 21:33

Nezumi wrote:
So has anyone painted up these girls yet

My Blood Vestals are in the mail as we speak so i hope to get them painted and built soon. I know the site is anxious to see these ladies painted up and sized to DE so i'll be sure to post pics Smile
Back to top Go down
Skyfish
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 02:11

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Skaarlys-SF-shop_large

Looks like RagingHeroes made a great Lady Malys as well.
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 09:24

How about this model as base for a haemonculi (Wyrd Miniatures, Faction Neverborn)? We all know the guys and girls love artifacts.
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 C6b5ca5d903d2506cc3b7957cee1887e
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 07:48

Plague wrote:

So has anyone painted up these girls yet.

Check out James Wappel's blog for a bunch of his DE goodness, you'll find grots, vetsals, and all sorts:

http://wappellious.blogspot.fi/search/label/Raging%20Heroes

Th Strain from Sedation Wars look like there could be some gems in there:

http://www.seditionwars.com/index.php?option=com_factions&view=faction&Itemid=67

I always thought this fella would make a great character too:

http://studiomcvey.highwire.com/product/smm12-ysidyra
Back to top Go down
Starkey
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 18:47

are there any companies that produce 28mm weapons that would be useable as blaster? ive looked but havnt had much luck.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2013, 19:17

Found this guy's site today, and he's sculpted a superb DE mini with familiar. The familiar would make an awesome heamy pet. The lady is eye candy for DE lovers. Think shes 33mm to the eye.

http://simonminiaturesculptor.blogspot.fr/
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 16:29

Discussion of this new beauty can be found in News and Rumours
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6030-i-ve-found-my-haemonculette#65323

Potential female Haemonculus:

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Teaster-kickstarter-nephahrya

Full article at Raging Heroes:
http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/7571850

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 20:44

Gamezone has just announced a switch to resin plastic for their beautiful squad of 30 Dark Elf infantry, which look like they would make an excellent elite unit of some kind, Incubi? Not bad price-wise, either!

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Dark-elf-infantry-box-plastic-resin-

Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion
Tangentical

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 23:17

I made my female Archon (at the front below) from a Raging Heroes model and a Solarite helm sculpted to replace the ones from the kit.

Good model, nice to paint.

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 A4_zps783a7dc4

Here's the link to the model itself...

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/asharah-sf-28mm

Cheers

Chris

Hellion
SebastionSynn

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 01:41

pics are worth a thousand words - counts as Khymerae, along with a few other nice things ,not to fond of the tusked skull head though, but i like the skull head with open jaws

Heresy Miniatures <--linkies

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Hellhounds

another possible Khymerae, or just a fav pet of the Archon. Smile
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Demon020

scourge wings anyone(angel wings also available)
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 Demon017wings

Crocodile Games <--linkies

one beautiful Archon/ Succubus/ Sorceress
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 WGH-201

Shadowforge Miniatures <--linkies

a couple of nice Wych/ Bloodbride/ Hekatrix
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 C107
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 C106

with a little work these could be made into Hydra Gauntlet Wychs
Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 1gm140

EDIT: purchased the Ice Witch from Croc Games, very nice model, and they packed it well to protect it. the technicals of the model are it comes in 2 pieces, the main body, and the cloak. the cloak kinda pins into the back, so if you wished you could actually leave it off and fill in the small hole with a bit of putty or just GS on some more hair. size wise the model without cloak is about 1/2 a head to a full head larger than a current model wych. also very clean model when it comes to mold lines, there's a small section of line on the staff arm, and another on the back side of one leg, and that's it. there is a gaping issue with the cloak and the back of the model, but nothing that can't be fixed with a very small amount of putty. both the sword and the staff can be easily removed and replaced with a different weapon as well, since there is sufficient area to pin them, personally though, i'd leave the sword and just replace the staff. hope this helps any prospective buyers of the model.
Back to top Go down
rotforge
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25 2013, 22:07

My friend told me to get some rat ogres from IOB starter set to make grotesques. Can anyone comment if those are good to work with in comparison to the box ones? I mean, that since it's a starter set, those models are built in a wierd snap-fit way so does that make it in any way a hassle to convert? They are quite cheap though Smile

jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24 2013, 19:59

rotforge wrote:
My friend told me to get some rat ogres from IOB starter set to make grotesques. Can anyone comment if those are good to work with in comparison to the box ones? I mean, that since it's a starter set, those models are built in a wierd snap-fit way so does that make it in any way a hassle to convert? They are quite cheap though Smile

I did this exact thing. I used bits from the Talos boxed set and they came out very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.   Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative sources for Dark Eldar models.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next