THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?

Go down 
+53
Myrvn
Archon Vitcus
End Game
Erebus
Marrath
Prodigalson
DEfan
Sarkesian
Rhivan
BizarreShowbiz
tibersky
TeenageAngst
eohall
Trojan
megatrons2nd
Archon_91
Draco
Vorl-Xoelanth
Korona
RobinFS
Archonon
Barrywise
CurstAlchemist
jjw771
Taffy10
Jimsolo
Kehmor
Jehoel
lament.config
Azdrubael
The Strange Dark One
Squidmaster
Cherrycoke
The Red King
stevethedestroyeofworlds
HokutoAndy
krayd
Logan Frost
Ynneadwraith
aurynn
Painjunky
Xivai
Calyptra
mrmagoo
1++
Skulnbonz
fisheyes
CptMetal
amorrowlyday
Devilogical
BetrayTheWorld
Count Adhemar
Imateria
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 02:42

BizarreShowbiz wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
Imateria wrote:
I very much hope that if Sylendri is getting rules she will be ML3, with Gyrinx giving her a once per turn re-roll or something.

I don't care if she's ML1 with no powers as long as she's a Harlequin HQ choice!

Would you realle use a harlequin CAD anyways? I wouldnt. Losing in crescendo its huge for a harlequin army.

Yeah, there are lots of reasons to use a CAD, or even allied detachment for harlies. It would make the leadership bomb using harlies, eldar, and DE far easier to pull off without committing to buying a zillion harlequin units that don't fit the list you're trying to build.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 04:54

1 Harlequin HQ
1 Shadowseer ML2 with Mask
1 Troupe
1 Starweaver

Nice little Allied Freakshow detachment that can actually fit in a transport once you pair the SS with a LD bomb

Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 09:30

Or you could simply field a collector of ancient treasures Corsair prince. Detachment would be much cheaper and he is more durable and with a lot more mobility to put the bubble where you need it.

I just dont think harlequins need to be able to field CADs. Yeah, it would be nice being able to have the possibility, but what bothers me is not being able to field a masque detachment with Veilwalker, as it has no HQ slot and being forced to field a CAD if I want to include him.

In crescendo is so vital to my playstyle that I dont think I would field anything that didnt have it.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 11:01

BizarreShowbiz wrote:
In crescendo is so vital to my playstyle that I dont think I would field anything that didnt have it.

Totally valid point but, as you can see from various posts above, there are many reasons why a Harlequin HQ unit is desirable.

Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 13:10

BizarreShowbiz wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
Imateria wrote:
I very much hope that if Sylendri is getting rules she will be ML3, with Gyrinx giving her a once per turn re-roll or something.

I don't care if she's ML1 with no powers as long as she's a Harlequin HQ choice!

Would you realle use a harlequin CAD anyways? I wouldnt. Losing in crescendo its huge for a harlequin army.
Not being constrained by their stupid Masque detachment requirements or formations would absolutely be worth the loss of Rising Crescendo. It's not like it's hard to get them into combat to start with.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 18:48

If Yriel is released as a "broker between the factions" as rumours suggest it would be logical if he could be used as a HQ for all the different Eldar.

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2017, 19:09

BizarreShowbiz wrote:
Or you could simply field a collector of ancient treasures Corsair prince. Detachment would be much cheaper and he is more durable and with a lot more mobility to put the bubble where you need it.

Then the Prince has to be your warlord, per the forgeworld rules. What if you want a different warlord? He also can't be in an allied detachment. What if you want 2 leadership bombs? Also, not necessarily cheaper due to no allied detachment. We don't know the cost of the harley HQ choice yet, but assuming the Prince CAD IS cheaper, it could very well be by a trivial amount that we'd gladly pay to have more flexibility in list design.

BizarreShowbiz wrote:
I just dont think harlequins need to be able to field CADs. Yeah, it would be nice being able to have the possibility, but what bothers me is not being able to field a masque detachment with Veilwalker, as it has no HQ slot and being forced to field a CAD if I want to include him.

It's entirely plausible that such an HQ option would be released with a variety of formation/detachment options that includes a "meta-detachment" option like the decurion, in which a masque detachment is an option for inclusion. I doubt they'd release a Harley HQ with no other supporting rules or options.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 01:24

Faeit just released more rumours about the Eldar Triumverate: http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/rumors-eldar-truimvirate-box-set-vect.html

They're saying it's Vect, Asurmen, and Eldrad...which makes no sense to me. We have relatively recent rules for 2 out of 3 of those.

A commenter on faeit pointed out this rumour from july. Much of this has already come to pass, so there might be more information to be gleaned from this long post(in the spoiler). Highlights are mine:

July Prediction for 2017:
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 03:16

The source of the rumor also admits he knows little about the Eldar and mentiosn the leaked grynx base (was that posted on here? It's a large base with a grynx on it with teasing of what character is suppose to be standing on the base).

Plastic Eldrad is only available in Deathwatch right now, so repacking him in a triumvirate makes sense.

But the imperial triumvate was entirely new characters, getting 3 new characters would be nice like the mysterious 'Red Incubi' with his killy glaive, a disciple of Eldrad and his space elf psycat and killy blade, and the shadowseer and her cunning stick.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 03:27

Glaive is a word that hasn't been mentioned wrt the red dude yet. There's only 1 notable glaive in all of 40k. The spear of twilight borne by Prince Yriel himself.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 06:00

Codex Dark Eldar contains Archite Glaives, Hellglaives, and the Incubi Klaives; Codex Harlequins has Zephyrglaives. Whether or not they're "notable" is subjective, of course, but arguably they're glaivier than the Spear of Twilight, which is conspicuously not called "the Glaive of Twilight."

(I'm kidding; whatever it's called, that thing is totally a glaive. It's just not the only glaive, and I'm not convinced it's the glaiviest.)

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 07:35

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
They're saying it's Vect, Asurmen, and Eldrad...which makes no sense to me. We have relatively recent rules for 2 out of 3 of those.
Yea. It does not make sense to me either. I can believe the warrior in red being Vect since he probably has stuff that was made pre-fall and combines DE and Eldar aesthetics. I can believe he is rumoured to be on a sort of disc, for I guess he would be damned before he walks and would explain him looking taller and even the pose. I can believe that he will be released without his Dais as special character HQ with possible Dais LOW coming later or not at all.

However I do not believe that one of the triumvirate is not a Harlequin. And I do not think (nor want) another instance of that pompous know-it-all is required or wanted. It would make as much sense as a new Ahriman in 3 months time. When did GW ever do anything as "strange"...? Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 13:50

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 Captur13

AHHHHHHHH. Fall of Cadia II boys.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/16/the-storm-rages-on/
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 14:57

Wow, these updates are coming fast now. Lets only hope that there is some meat to these rumors!

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 15:02

Well, if they actually keep some consistency with their rune-concepts the squared-off infinity sight at the top relates to the Infinity Matrix, and wraith-units in general. I'd wager it's Iyanna.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Prodigalson
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 15:20

Definitely invinity symbol says something about a Wraith something, or death. The rest of the rune looks a bit like Khaine's rune and the rune of salvation. Maybe this is the god symbol for Ynead.

http://eldar.arhicks.co.uk/miscellaneous/eldar_runes.php
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 15:29

Aeldari?
Really?

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 15:34

Oh lord you're right. It DOES say Aeldari......

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 15:48

Squidmaster wrote:
Oh lord you're right. It DOES say Aeldari......

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 Blog3

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 15:55

It is Ahriman saying that, so it's probably just poor spelling on his part. Part of his problem is he keeps asking people for directions to the 'Balck Library' and no-one knows what he's on about. Pisses him off no end Wink

Was also the problem with the Rubric if I remember rightly. He meant to write 'turn my brothers from mutation', but accidentally wrote 'burn' instead of 'turn' so they're all ash now.

Why the TSons would make a dyslexic Chief Librarian is beyond me. Because grimdark probably...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 16:03

It's no use. Even the thought of a dyslexic librarian isn't enough to combat what GW are doing to the Elven people, all in the name of trademark protection. Aelfs and Aeldar?! Dog-Emperor save us (as Azhek Hairiman would say).

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 17:11

Well... they could've been called that before and over time they dropped the pointless A? Maybe it'll be used to separate current Eldar with the Aeldari?

Overall I don't mind the name as I think it sounds kinda cool if pronounced Ale-daar-eeeeeh! (Tiny exaggeration on the eeeeh! but I don't think it's TERRIBLE) it could just be a plural for Eldar too...

But if we're getting Ynnead or more stuff like that at the cost of the rename well... MY LIFE FOR THE DEATH GOD!

Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 18:01

Ynneadwraith wrote:
It is Ahriman saying that, so it's probably just poor spelling on his part. Part of his problem is he keeps asking people for directions to the 'Balck Library' and no-one knows what he's on about. Pisses him off no end Wink

Was also the problem with the Rubric if I remember rightly. He meant to write 'turn my brothers from mutation', but accidentally wrote 'burn' instead of 'turn' so they're all ash now.

Why the TSons would make a dyslexic Chief Librarian is beyond me. Because grimdark probably...

You are a genius xD
I LOLed @work

Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 18:11

"Aeldari" is no worse than "Eldar", in my opinion.

In regards to the "trademark protection" claim: the UK, and pretty much every other country that was once colonised and thus has a law system based on ours, operates under the common law system (Scotland being a notable exception), making it easier to enforce unregistered trademarks (™) than in countries that don't operate under that system, but it still doesn't offer the same legal protection as a registered trademark (®), and won't work in countries that don't operate under common law.
"Aeldari", by way of being a more unique spelling than "Eldar", is arguably easier to enforce as an unregistered trademark, but GW already have "Eldar" registered in the UK. Similarly, there was no need to rename Space Marines to "Adeptus Astartes" since GW actually have the incredibly generic "Space Marine" registered in both the UK and EU (and you'll notice they still use the term Space Marine).
However, "Aelf" is no easier to enforce under common law, or register, than "elf"; "Aelf" (or rather "Ælf") being the original norse spelling and falling into the public domain much like "elf".
Granted not all, but many of the names used in AoS are equally generic (eg, Free Peoples, Eldritch Council), and thus just as difficult to enforce without registering. Incidentally, I just checked the IPO, and it seems the only name from AoS to have been registered is "Warhammer Age of Sigmar".

Essentially, it's less about "trademark protection" and more about brand recognition.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2017, 19:51

@ynneadwraith, that caused me to actually grin at work. Please stop that Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next