THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?

Go down 
+53
Myrvn
Archon Vitcus
End Game
Erebus
Marrath
Prodigalson
DEfan
Sarkesian
Rhivan
BizarreShowbiz
tibersky
TeenageAngst
eohall
Trojan
megatrons2nd
Archon_91
Draco
Vorl-Xoelanth
Korona
RobinFS
Archonon
Barrywise
CurstAlchemist
jjw771
Taffy10
Jimsolo
Kehmor
Jehoel
lament.config
Azdrubael
The Strange Dark One
Squidmaster
Cherrycoke
The Red King
stevethedestroyeofworlds
HokutoAndy
krayd
Logan Frost
Ynneadwraith
aurynn
Painjunky
Xivai
Calyptra
mrmagoo
1++
Skulnbonz
fisheyes
CptMetal
amorrowlyday
Devilogical
BetrayTheWorld
Count Adhemar
Imateria
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 05:39

Does anyone else feel like, despite a bunch of totally random characters and armies turning up for the fall of Cadia, there don't seem to be any actual Cadians? I haven't seen the book and this thought is based entirely on rumors and discussion on the internets, so maybe this is isn't the case at all, but it sure seems like the Cadians are being ignored in a story/campaign about their planet getting blown up.

Maybe we should be grateful that we've never appeared in any of these campaign books.

Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 05:41

First character on the manifest of important characters 1 page back is Creed. Most likely that just means they aren't getting swag.

You're also not wrong as we'd probably lose because spehs mehreenss
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 06:36

I read some spoilers and The Despoiler only attacks Cadia out of hubris and gets his ass kicked. Destroying Cadia is one of his schemes anyway.

Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 06:44

Calyptra wrote:
Does anyone else feel like, despite a bunch of totally random characters and armies turning up for the fall of Cadia, there don't seem to be any actual Cadians? I haven't seen the book and this thought is based entirely on rumors and discussion on the internets, so maybe this is isn't the case at all, but it sure seems like the Cadians are being ignored in a story/campaign about their planet getting blown up.

Maybe we should be grateful that we've never appeared in any of these campaign books.

The image on the previous page does mention the Cadian 8th lead by Lord Castellan Creed as being part of the defenders of Cadia.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 13:31

If the Cadians repel Abaddon, is it really a 'fall' of Cadia?

"Well, yeah, we just meant the Chaos attack was occurring between September and November. It's the Fall of Cadia."
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 14:47

I don't know about Dark Eldar but it looks like Harlequins might be getting something. Along with the rumors of sighting of the Necron Trazyn. There is also a report of a Harlequin ShadowSeer spotted on Cadia.

Sylandri Veilwalker.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 14:51

Does that mean...a Harlequin HQ choice?

Would severely impact the sales of Voidweavers wouldn't it?

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 14:54

Its a rumor I saw, so I don't know what she is. Not even sure its true. There is a Picture of her and a Long Description with her history.
Then a comment that says she has been spotted on Cadia.

Not sure if its true or not, not sure if we will actually get her.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 14:56

Here is where I got it from.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/fall-of-cadia-intriguing-characters-arrive.html
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 15:03

Ynneadwraith wrote:

I frikkin' hope so!

Quote :
Would severely impact the sales of Voidweavers wouldn't it?

I frikkin' hope so!

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 18:16

Ynneadwraith wrote:

While I hope this is the case I'm not counting on it. The pessimist in me says it will be a Shadowseer version of Inriam's Spectre where you can just upgrade a Shadowseer into a unique one without them counting as an HQ.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 19:43

Then I'm going to point you back to the same rumor that is slowly coming true that I linked to on page 2 of this post. I highly doubt Sylandri is getting a miniature soon. I bet that if it does happen it won't be before the last week of february, and she'l just be a named Elite, but she'll Come Bundled with a new possibly Harlequin-ified Prince Yriel and possibly a Harlie Wraithlord.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 20:06

The Cadians are definitely there; it just seems like their only purpose is to die in the background. But again, I haven't read the book, and the internet may be leading me astray.

Has anyone heard if they get any formations or anything?

amorrowlyday wrote:
Then I'm going to point you back to the same rumor that is slowly coming true that I linked to on page 2 of this post. I highly doubt Sylandri is getting a miniature soon. I bet that if it does happen it won't be before the last week of february, and she'l just be a named Elite, but she'll Come Bundled with a new possibly Harlequin-ified Prince Yriel and possibly a Harlie Wraithlord.

I checked page 2 and am confused. Are you referring to what you said about a dreadnought Primarch?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Death Masque formations have named Harlequin characters without either a new model or HQ slot?

Also, I'm not sure a Harlequin Wraithlord makes sense, since Wraithlords are powered by spirit stones and Harlequins don't use them.

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 20:11

Well even if she does not have a mini in the end, this one could be very easily converted into a great and unique mini with the help of some harlie bits...
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2017, 20:30

@calyptra my bad it was page 3. I'm referring to this:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14186-sythrac-s-anguish-bringer-s

As for the wraithlord comment I merely mean from a rules perspective. Guardians of theBlack Library would obviously have a different power source.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 01:04

- Valossian Sythrac, Basically is Vect's top Archon who does all of his dirty work.
Posed leaping forward with a Husblade behind him and an open soul trap in an outstretched hand which has tendrils of energy leaping forward from it. Has a Golden Helmet with multiple Horns which apparently look a bit like Malekith from WHFB.

^the description from the other rumor page.

If that's the chap on the front cover of our codex and there's supposedly new true born models coming out...why couldn't the fellow with the BT be a Trueborn or something? The guy on the cover has very similar "fur" on his shoulder.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 07:40

Sooo... and I dont even dare to say it loud... you think that we will get a Trueborn kit with all the... (oh gods I rly dont want to jinx it)... spe-ci-al and he-a-vy we-a-pons? Sssssh!
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 07:42

What comes in a dev kit? Devastators are the marine analogues to Trueborn/scourges right?

The answer to that question is what I believe updated models would be getting.

So upon checking, and noting that this is the same as a box of harlies, you get 2 of each option in a devastator squad box. Same with sternguard as well.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2017, 13:21

amorrowlyday wrote:
@calyptra my bad it was page 3. I'm referring to this:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14186-sythrac-s-anguish-bringer-s

As for the wraithlord comment I merely mean from a rules perspective. Guardians of theBlack Library would obviously have a different power source.
I really wish people would stop bringing up that rumour, it's natfka chances are it's pure BS. The only part of it that so far has remotely come true is the Thousand Sons release, yet Sad Panda (who we haven't heard from in months now but currently has a 100% track record on rumours) was talking about Magnus and Rubrics almost exactly a year ago, heck he even mentioned a Lord of Change at the same time, said it would be likely for early this year and what do you know, we've just seen pics for new LoC.

I'd point out that there are no close combat variant Rubrics and we're already into that "End Time's" campaign with the rumour making no mention of Cawl, Inquisitor Greyfax, Saint Celestine or the Fall of Cadia. We know a most if not all of the factions are going to be getting something this year, GW have said as much already as it's 40K's 30th anniversary, but lets stop pretending that it's going to have anything to do with that silly rumour.
Back to top Go down
Archonon
Slave
Archonon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2017, 14:38

From french forum:

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 Img_0617

New eldar-fig in the background, i guess.

Similar to:

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 Img_0618
Back to top Go down
jjw771
Hellion
jjw771

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2017, 14:43

I am really curious as to who this can be. I guess that picture must be from the second campaign book.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2017, 14:46

It seems very tall! Thats why he is kinda out of position on the older picture! He is towering over the marines!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2017, 15:10

That first picture (above) is fascinating. It seems to be the same figure that we've seen before (the one in red) but the scale is now apparent - he's Wraithguard sized! Disappointed that he's standing with the Craftworld Eldar though. Please let him be DE, not CWE!

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Wed Jan 11 2017, 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2017, 15:15

He could just be on something, but I think the most important note here is that (judging from the helmet vane) this is an Eldar and not a Dark Eldar, despite coloration and style indicating otherwise.

Well on closer inspection that vane is not quite as certain as I thought. I do believe one can make out a single handed straight blade in his right hand.

The left side also appears to be a sword but it's impossible to tell what is and isn't his model.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2017, 15:17

I'd still say he's DE in appearance. The armour, faceplate, vanes on the back etc all hint at Incubi.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?   Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar in Fall of Cadia?
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next