THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!

Go down 
+8
Baron Tordeck
Silverglade
Sacredsilence
Kantalla
RedRegicide
Rhivan
Lord_Alino
Ynneadwraith
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 10:31

Fellow Archons, I have suffered a Dysjunction! The website I used for image hosting has become no longer viable, so I've been forced to reboot all of my threads with brand new links to things.
To save a lot of time, I will likely redo my posts in the Aphotic Gallery with freshly hosted images, but to get this Project Log up and running again, I'll start with a simple catalogue of my previous Dark Eldar projects (also featuring Asuryani and Harlequin), linking to each project on my Tumblr blog.

Once this catalogue is complete, I'll once again start posting here with new projects!

DRUKHARI
Archon Royal Family
Court Of The Archon pt1
Court Of The Archon pt2
Haemonculi
Kabalite Warriors
Incubi & Drazhar/Ahrah
Wracks
Mandrakes
Kabalite Trueborn
Reaver Jetbikes
Beast Pack
Scourge
Pain Engines
Tantalus
Venoms
Raiders & Reaper
Salvaged Raiders
Razorwing Jetfighters
Voidraven
REVENANT TITAN
Bastion
Plasma Obliterator

THE DARK CITY: Haemonculus Challenge
Zenala Sapax and the Ridiculous Ride
Wrack Champion

ASURYANI
Warp Spiders
Seer Council
Sniper / Illic Nightspear?

HARLEQUIN
Death Jester
Heroes Path

YNNARI
The Yncarne

And thats where we are to date!
More projects to come soon!

Currently in planning phases - Klaivexes and a couple of Harlequin Troupes!

Last edited by Squidmaster on Tue Apr 07 2020, 12:48; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 10:41

So here's the first new project, a collection of Harlequin vehicles!

With 8th edition being released, I decided that my Dark Eldar really has hit a large number (just short of 10,000pts) so the decision was made to shift a little and focus on building a reasonable Harlequin allied force.

I already have a small number of Harlequins (three models) but am planning out some conversions for a few Troupes, and recently had the thoughts for some vehicles.

While uploading images for the building of my Revenant Titan, I noticed this one.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! Tumblr_inline_osgq6v4GFm1v1clzv_1280

Minidiscs! That short lived medium for musical entertainiment, and I have a pile of them sitting around. Ten to be exact. And the idea came for how they could look quite good as one of the main components of a few gunboats, either Harlequin Starweavers or Voidweavers.

The plan then is as follows.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! LEBHa4a

So the discs would be a rear, very shiny and reflective engine component. I realised after putting the mockup together what it reminded me of.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! VNtZIbb

Thats the Fahrenheit, the airship from Final Fantasy 10. I wasn’t a big fan of that particular entry in the series, but I saw when the inspiration for the boats came from - the upper sections and the big spinny disk engine thing.

I can’t say I mind too much.

So with this design in the place, its time to make a plan. I have ten discs available, so I’ll be making ten boats. I need ten front sections about the size of Venoms/Vypers (which are correct for Star/Voidweaver scale). I’ll make the boats with an open and blank space for passengers, and build seperate components for the Voidweaver weapons platform so I can just add the gun to any Starweaver and make it a Voidweaver.

Voidweavers can come in squadrons of up to three, so six weapons platforms will be built.

The shiny part I’ll actually leave off when I undercoat and spray, so that it retains its existing shine and reflective surface.

For the crew, I’ll have to have a good think. I may include an enclosed cockpit so I don;t have to bother with at least one of them, but I’m tempted to build a load of Death Jesters to serve as gunners on each boat.

The next step is to find something to form the front section, the main hull of the boat part. If I can find ten small boat models that would work, but I’m open to other ideas. The search begins.

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 14:25

Sounds a little akward, but I'd like to see it finish (and it will add a unique look to your army !).

Just a little piece of advice though, consider adding some weight to your bases, or adjust your flying bases positions toward the rear, so you won't get annoyed with balance.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 17:32

Are you thinbking that the base will heavily weigh the vehicle down towards the back?

I'll admit I had thought of that, and considered once I built the forward sections I might be able to fill in the main hull with a collection of heavy metal nuts or washes to balance out the weight.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 17:43

New project time!

I’ve gotten hold of a collection of plastic Eldar Guardians, and from them I plan to build a set of Phoenix Lords - the special character leaders of the Apect Warrior Temples.

My first step is Baharoth, the Cry of the Wind and leader of the Swooping Hawks. So far I have the body, one leg sliced and repositioned for a more dynamic “landing” pose (though this does mean he’ll have to stand on his base by only one leg).

Wings I’ve taken from Dark Eldar Scourge, and will be smoothing out the ridged armour design connecting them to the body.

The head is a Guardian head, with the chin sliced off and replaced with the upsidedown chin of a Scourge. There’s some putty sculpting needed to fill in some gaps, but otherwise its going well. I still need to craft his weapons - a rifle and a sword. The rifle I’ll be adapting from the Guardian Shuriken Catapult, and the sword I’ll probably source from a bits box.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! LqhS9Mw

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 10 2017, 20:54

I added a bit more work to the main body, including a sash with some Craftworld icons on it, and of course started filling in the holes with putty.

You also see in the below picture the head coming together a bit more. More hair is needed, and smoothing out.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! RWvMXH0

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13 2017, 09:50

Looking awesome dude! I've had a go at a Truescale Baharroth myself actually, so really interested to see where you take him Smile great start so far!

Perhaps it's just my fondness for everything exodite, but at the moment he'd make a cracking exodite lord Wink

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15 2017, 12:01

Thanks! Never been a massive fan of Exodites myself. Not sure why. I think they just don't make sense to me. The Fall happens, Craftworlders cry, Dark Eldar have a party and carry on, Harlequins go for a walk, and Exodites.......just carry on? Go hippy?

Anyway.......

Baharoth's wings are giving me some bother because of the spikier overlapping armour over their tops. I'm trying to smooth them down with Green Stuff but it keeps lifting off when I try to smooth down and file into the right shape. Looking at other options there, which might mean slicing bits off the wings.

New project!

The new version of Dark Eldar/Drukhari rules gives Incubi a unit champion (Klaivex) for free, which is annoying because when I built my unit(s) I never bothered/. I never thought I’d bother to pay the extra cost for very little benefit at the time. Now that its free though, and the benefit is reasonable, I need a Klaivex. Or more likely two because I have enough Incubi for two small units to run around in Venoms.

So as a reminder, here’s one of my Incubi.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! Tumblr_inline_ot4omaO3eG1v1clzv_540

The model was based on Wood Elf Wildwood Rangers, because I wanted a more Warrior-Priest look to them. The armour of the basic model just looked too simple and boring to me. Plus Wildwood Rangers came with that massive sword which just fit so well.

What I need then is something which looks similar, but is maybe a little more dynamic or impressive. There are no better Wildwood Rangers, or characters in similar garb, so I looked elsewhere, and found the Dark Elf Assassin/Shadowblade.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! WLCQ1lD

Their basic look is very similar, almost identical to WIldwood Rangers - an armoured form under a massive cloak, and of course a face mask and hood.

So I got a couple and started work on them, as shown below.

Both are modelled on a scenic base, so the first thing I did was remove those to get both Klaivexes on the ground with the rest of their unit (and army).

The first I built as the official model, because the pose works. No arms added just yet, because I have some Wildwood Ranger arms on order so that I can get these guys wielding the same weapon as their unit.

The second, I really wanted to be in a different pose. Not so this one was unique, but so the two were different from each other. So a lot of cutting up has happened so far, repositioning both legs, the foot where it joins to the ground, the position of the torso to the waist, etc. I’ve also sliced the front off his face so I can model on an Incubi face-mask like with some members of my unit, and pinned the cloak down in a new place. A fair bit of modelling putty will be needed to fill in the gaps, but I think it’ll end up quite nice and different looking. Again, no arms because I’m waiting for Wildwood Ranger swords and arms.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! AwJbVZJ

I've also ordered some Sisters Of Slaughter. I'm building some Harlequins!

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17 2017, 15:26

Yeah I've never been a fan of the official fluff for exodites. If they really were that wet-blankety in the 40k universe they'd all have been eaten/corrupted/butchered/purged by now.

My interpretation is that the Craftworlders 'ascete' (turns out that's not a word...but the verb for ascetic), the True Kin 'Riddick' (you keep what you kill), the Harlequins deceive, and the Exodites...degenerate. Much more legs to that idea Smile

I've found that if you just de-spike the wings slightly the armour tends to blend nicely with a craftworldy colour scheme and not look out of place Smile

Love the Shadowblade as a Klaivex for your Incubi. They fit the aesthetic really nicely while still looking really dynamic as a perfected murder-space-elf should be Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20 2017, 12:08

Baharoth is mostly done, but needs a little more work.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! C6R9Y44

The main body is now done, but before I declare him completely finished, I think it needs a little.....more. Now that I can look at it complete, I think I’ll be adding a loin cloth, and hopefully some tassles flowing off the body connected at either arms, or tucked into the chest-sash.

It just needs.....decoration, I think, to make him more imporessive as a Phoenix Lords.

While focusing on other projects I haven;t worked on the others yet, but I have legs and torso for Karandras (Striking Scorpions) and Asurman (Dire AVengers) ready to start building on.

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21 2017, 11:34

Conversions looks so great *-*

Can't wait to see what you are going to do for the klaivex, and getting it painted.
I'll dig into Wood Elf Wildwood Rangers, your incubes looks really better that those GW gave us..

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22 2017, 19:19

Some Phoenix Lord updates.

To start, a basic body build for Fuegan of the Fire Dragons.

This guy is very basic so far, with just torso and legs. I’ve cut off the shoulder wings planning to replace them, and added a loin cloth. I’ve also added a forward collar, the intention being to build up the body with armour plates to make Fuegan an armoured tank. From here I’ll just start adding more and more armour.

As a note, the loin cloth, as with others you’ll likely see on all of my Phoenix Lords, are made very simply by burning some plastic. Specifically using a lighter to carefully melt small pieces of plasticard, just enough to make them pliable so I can bend them into more natural cloth-like forms. The result is a good, solid but also flat form.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! F7xHFjU

Asurmen next, and also a basic body so far.

I used a bit of plastic rod to raise the waist up a bit, making him taller than the standard Craftworld Guardian body. I;ve also so far added a forward and rear loin cloth and some modelling putty to start covering in the hips.

As you can see below I;ve also only used only the front of the Guardian torso, starting to build up the back with more putty. My plan to make Asurmen stand out a bit more from his comrades is to drap him in a long coat which will cover his entire back. I’m going to try to make it work with melting plasticard as I do with the loin cloths, and if I can add extra detail layers before I start the melting. I don;t actually know if that’ll work yet, but will be running experiments soon.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! FGJtTeB

Finally for today, the most progreess has been made on Karandras.

The first step I made was to start beefing out his armour. I used modelling putty to raise the size of the armour plates already on the Guardian body armour, and will likely add more to the ribcage soon.

The head has had the main face area flattened to the same level as the rest of the helmet to make it one single piece (except for eye-holes), and as you can see has had two hollow tubes implanted and smoothed into the back of the head. Karandras traditionally has long hair (dreads?) on the back of his helmet, so I plan a pair of hair lengths to come from these tubes. I also intend to remove the two vents at the side of the helmet, and replace them with larger objects to be his Mandiblasters.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! KjTi3tI

Incubi Kalivexes nearly done - by which I mean one built, the other being annoying consiering how much putty he heeds after all the reposing.

I've also received word that the Sisters of Slaughter I ordered to start building my Harlequins have arrived instore, so I'll be picking them up in the next couple of days and starting work on them soon. I've also received delivery of several Harlequin weapon arms to start fiddling with, but I've come across a dilemma - do I go with Fusion Pistols or Nuero Disruptors?!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23 2017, 15:59

Some more progress on the Phoenix Lords over the last couple of days, The experiment to make Asurmen’s coat seemed to be successful! I took a piece of plasticard, and added onto it raised rims along the bottom (inside and outside, and an additional plasticard Dire Avengers Shrine rune stuck to the back. Whilst melting, they all stayed together nicely, leaving me with a shaped coat with extra detail as I wanted.

I’ve also since added the sword arm from a Shining Spears Exarch, and will sort out that shoulder join later.

Most notably though, I’ve done the head. You see below its the basic Guardian head as a base as with all of the Phoenix Lords so far, with the added crest of the Dire Avengers. This was made with a length of wire pinned into the back and bent over the top of the helmet, and thread then glued into it (looped around the wire). It comes out nicely, and will later get a couple of coats of liquid Plastic Putty (as with Baharoth’s crest) to make a solid plastic coating.

Whilst I’m doing all that, its time to figure out how to put his gun together.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! XJLXgFf

A small amount has happened to Fuegan since the last update, most notably his head. I;ve made a crest for him similar but smaller than the official Fuegan’s out of thin placticard.

While filling in the last holes around the waist, I alaso smoothed over the chest plates and gave hima raised forward collar to distinguish his armour a little. The next step is to build his weapon and start adding armour plates.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! KOTjDIF

With Karandras I’ve added the ridged back plates common in all Striking Scorpions, and a few more of those weird Eldar tassle things usually found attached to the shins.

The Mandiblasters have been added to the helmet, and also the hair, again using thread. This will also get a coat of liquid plastic putty to solidify it into shape.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! HhtkqX2

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23 2017, 23:16

Man these are looking really good! I especially like Karandras, and the extra height you've given Asurmen.

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24 2017, 09:17

Thanks.

Pretty sure I'm going to have a lot of trouble with maugan Ra though. He's......quite bulky.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24 2017, 18:01

I was thinking about Maugen Ra myself. Personally, i'm going for making all of them a little more lean, but the only idea i had for Maugen Ra involved 2 of Greyfax' shoulder pads which is just a little priced for me!

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05 2017, 14:42

Incubi Klaivexes built!

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! 2UAO1ns

It took a while to finish off the second because of the repositioning, but I think both came out quite nicely.
The cloaked look works really well with my Wildwood Ranger conversion Incubi, and Ranger sword looks really good on the Dark Elf Assassin.

Sisters of Slaughter have arrived, and I've started work on my new Harlequin Troupes! My table now has them, the Corvus Blackstar, the Phoenix Lords and the minitaures from the DOOM board game on!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 12:52

Three finished Phoenix Lords today!

First, Asurmen of the Dire Avengers. Since the last update, I finished smoothing in the cape and bringing around the feront of the shoulders into a long, sleeveless coat. I've also finished the head, covering over the rough join of the hair piece and adding a nice little soul gem.

Weapons were also added, using the sword from a Shining Spears Exarch and a slightly modified Shuriken Catapult.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! CLMUFmq

Next, Karandras.

The sword has come from a Dark Elf Sister of Slaughter, and the claw had to be custom made - which was extremely fiddly but came out quite well I think.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! SH4K0dD

Fuegan is the last of the finished Phoenix Lords for today, having had some armour plates added, and a custom weapon made for him.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! XOClXmD

Finally, I started work on the last two.

Muegan Ra I;ve started with the same base Guardian body, and added skulls. A length of guitar wire and some plasticard have helped to add plates and a spine to the back.

My intention here is to bulk him right out, seeing as Muagan Ra is the heaviest armoured of the Phoenix Lords. I plan to add more armour, styled as skeletal parts, before adding his massive weapon.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! Vt9kRGl

Jain Zar I’ve done little work on so far, except to prepare the body and pose the legs.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! QCYfe3R

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07 2017, 11:16

Nice conversions work, I don't know how you can handle green stuff so well, I've always been autitic with this thing Evil or Very Mad

All around it looks great, and I'd really like to see those painted Smile

Also, how did you do the incubes cape ? Was it all part of the rangers kit ? The plastic color looks different

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08 2017, 10:00

Thanks!

The two Klaives aren't Wildwood Rangers sat all, they're Dark Elf Assassins/Shadowblades, you come with the cape.

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08 2017, 11:15

Duely noted, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08 2017, 12:28

They look really close though! They work very nicely in the unit!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 14 2017, 13:49

Five down, one to go.

I’ve completed Jain Zar of the Howling Banshees, and took a few liberties with the original designs. Its been simplified down, and the weapons customized using a new design.

I started by reposing the basic Guardian body, and raising one leg up to show her running - which took some putty work to fill in holes where the leg had to be pinned. To further heighten the sense of movement, she got a few pieces of cloak and flowing robes from various parts of the armour, including three longer leg fairings stretching and billowing out behind her.

The head was carved out a little, and given a new front from a Dark Elf Sisters Of Slaughter kit as a new Banshee Mask.

The weapons also came from the Sisters of Slaughter kit, replacing Jain Zar’s usual spear and disk with a pair of hook-ended whips.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! 0zc9rfh

That only leaves Maugen Ra to finish, and he’s taking longer because of how much I have to bulk out the armour.

Unless I decide to include Irillyth of the Shadow Spectres.

Or consider that two known Aspect Temples (Warp Spiders and Shining Spears) don’t have known Phoenix Lords…..

.........I do have a load of Warp Spiders who might like a HQ option (I could use as an Autarch).......

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 15 2017, 16:03

I started work a little while ago on a couple of Harlequin Troupes, converted from Dark Elf Sisters Of Slaughter. Two Troupes of five each, all with Fusion Pistols was the plan, to sit in some transports I’ll be building later.

THe Sisters had some parts of their body smoothed down, and four had their chests completely rebuilt to have a bit of gender diversity in the unit (the Sisters unit being entirely female).

Their open-mouthed masks were covered into a single smooth helmet, and right arms replaced with Harlequin wrist-mounted weapons. I still need to add new barrels to these weapons to act as Fusion Pistols, but that last on the list before I undercoat and paint.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! P1XqXfm

Also, the final of the core six Phoenix lords is complete - Maugen Ra. He’s had a head taken from Wood Elf Eternal Guard, and a massive cannon added (as I felt was right). I’ve also finished off the armour plating to bulk him out, and now he’s done.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! GtSXiFw

So now I have to decide. Do I add the Forgeworld Phoenix lord? Do I invent one for the Warp Spiders and Shining Spears to complete the set?

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 17 2017, 10:49

Klaivexes, Phoneix Lords, Harlequin Troupes and a few new Objective Markers are letting their undercoat dry as I write, so I started work on the Harlequin Vehicles I promised a while back.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! Kwrxhqq

Based on the original design, we've got the sides of the main hull done here, plus part of the lower hull too. THey're using my standard preferred material - o.5mm plasticard sheets - thing enough to bend and slice, not so thin that using plastic glue melts it beyond use.
Six have been built, and the next step is to bulk these out for strength and stability, and fill in the gaps on the underhull (plus start adding texture and other elements down there).
After that, "ill be able to move on to the rear engine (with shiny disk part) and the upper deck (which if you didn't see the original design further up this log, will resemble a stage with an area to swap out a transport area of weapons platform.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next