THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!

Go down 
+8
Baron Tordeck
Silverglade
Sacredsilence
Kantalla
RedRegicide
Rhivan
Lord_Alino
Ynneadwraith
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24 2018, 10:10

MANDRAKES!

THIRTY OF THEM!!

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 M2uo04g
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 Wc6znlc

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24 2018, 18:19

I'm not playing Dark Eldar anymore (Actually just got back into 40k after awhile), anyways, erm, last I remember Mandrakes were terrible, or have they gotten better this edition? Very Happy

Also, these look great!
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25 2018, 07:14

Looks nice *-*

@Lord_Alino : Yeah they got buffed, and they're now a decent Mortal Wounds dispenser, and even a decent close combat unit turn 3+

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2018, 13:47

Lord_Alino wrote:
I'm not playing Dark Eldar anymore (Actually just got back into 40k after awhile), anyways, erm, last I remember Mandrakes were terrible, or have they gotten better this edition? Very Happy

Also, these look great!

They're SOOOO much better (unless they get nerfed in the new Codex Razz).
Blanket -1 to hit, 5++, three attacks in combat, and shooting does Mortal Wounds on a 6 (on top of other wounds)! Plus a deep strike mechanic.
Based on my play so far, they can utterly control a battlefield!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2018, 16:55

I first started this prokect idea back in July 2017, with a concept of floating platforms somewhat reminiscent of something from a Final Fantasy Game.

I saw it through a little, getting the main hull done and finding some very good textured plasticard from Green Stuff World, and for a time it seemed to be going well. It basically came to this point:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 SdRqJdy

The main hull was done, and filled in, and the opper deck added.

The trouble was that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t smooth the join between hull and deck. There were always lumps, or holes, something buckling that just made the whole thing look naff. Worse, I quickly became aware that my attempts were either revealing or causing irregularities in the symmetry of the hull, and once those came to my attention, they stayed there and became a nuisance.

And so, they sat on a desk unfinished, because I couldn’t get my head around how o make it work.

Until recently, when I decided to scrap them altogether, and use a different, far simpler design. Instead of smooth platforms - rocks. Floating rocks. Made from styrofoam.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 TuXlasZ

The plan now is for four rocks on this design, each with a recessed top when a nice standing platform will fit nice and snug. The lower side of the rocks will also have small thrusters or grav-plates in various places to keep them aloft.

To top it off, each will have a single Harlequin built from a Wood Elf Archer on top, totting the basic armament weapons (two Shuriken Cannons), but which will likely be a converted single heavy weapon unit. Two further Harelquin gunners will be made but left seperate, armed with the heavier armament. This will allow me to use four Starweavers, or to put the extra gunners on two to use them as Voidweavers instead.

The build is in progress, and will advance again as soon as I get a new wire for my hot wire cutter......

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2018, 03:11

I pity your opponents, for mandrakes are terrifying. Wonderful work Very Happy

I really like the rocks. I doubt you'll be making a board out of them but floating rocks would be a very interesting concept to see.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20 2018, 12:41

I finally finished (mostly) the renovations on my scratch-built Tantalus.
Now painted, it merely waits for its crew to be done.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 IwhG4z8
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 FUBUAwW
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 FKgbTbC
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 CF4MfWz

On other projects - rocks are being painted now, a few Deathwatch are being painted too.
I've also got some terrain for my club to finish.
Once the crew for the Tantalus are done, I'll be starting work on some renovations on my Revenant.

RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20 2018, 13:57

I like your drakes! Are those Ring Wraiths?

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27 2018, 11:10

RedRegicide wrote:
I like your drakes! Are those Ring Wraiths?

Nine of them are!

THe others are whatever robed or ghosty other minis I could find!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 16:03

A few things here today, to finish off some projects and leave the way open for the next.

To start, a "meh, not my best work" unit of Rangers.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 Z0X4bJk

Next, something I;m far more pleased with.
W while back I built a Seer Council with each psyker standing on a base with a Dark Eldar captor.

I decided to add Eldrad to that, and this is how far I;ve gotten:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 Uvh9e3I

Next, my flying rock Harleuin vehicles.

Again a little meh, but I think they serve their purpose well.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 LbtPwwI

Finally, a proper Drukhari addition.

In preparation for wanting to field a few different Kabals alongside each other for synergy, I;ve started building a small patrol of a different Kabal. Executioner bodies are being used to make them more.....regal, I guess?
Well, whatever Kabal tey end up being used as, seeing as I only plan one small unit, I've gone ahead and started magnetizing a few of the arms so I can swap in special wepaons when I need to:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 JWR9RMd

So as a general "state of the table" summary, ongoing projects now are just two Drop Pods to paint, Eldrad to finish, and this unit of Kabalities from another Kabal. Plus a little bit of my club's terrain.

I think nows a good time to look at renovations on my Revenant Titan.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 11:50

Setting out my plans for the Revenant Renovation:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 YXR7SHC

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 T7RKvmV

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 13:55

Pretty nice conversions overall, looks really promising !

I'm so glad to see you progressing so quickly, I wish I could do the same :p

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2018, 13:30

You might recall (from the top of page 3 of this log) that I put together a mighty THIRTY Mandrakes.

The main reason was that i was heading for a Doubles tournament (in a mere week's time now!) and wanted to field a lovely little shadow-monster detachment. Lovely.

Well, to cap it all off, I've built an Archon for that Detahcment - a Mandrake Champion to stand and lead the others.

Here it is:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 HJSeZ1M

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 VSgk9Jv

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2018, 23:59

It looks cute. More cute than scary to my eye. Perhaps he needs a sneering mouth or some teeth visible?

I really like the effects of emerging from the shadow on the weapon and the bottom of the model.

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 04:54

I love the shadow slowly consuming the weapon.

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 12:51

This is what mandrakes should always like ^^

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 18:26

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I've been working on a few small additions lately.
With the release of our new Codex, there are brand new ways Dark Eldar can work. So I've stepped into a realm I have avoided for years.

For a very long time, I've kept as Kabalite as possible. I've added other elements like Reavers and Talos, but always themed them to fit in with my Kabal.

Today, for the first time, I added a Cult unit.

I always avoided Wyches because they were, frankly, bollocks.
But they're slightly better now.
So I've started building a SMALL detachment of them to fit into my army.

Though I only reflect as I write this, that I probably SHOULD repaint my Reavers to fit with this new Cult. Damn.

Anyway, the first addition to an as-yet unnamed Cult - my Succubus:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 ONcsdKv

The base model comes from Reaper's Dark Heaven range. Its a vampire of some kind I think.
But the weapons were a later addition of course, taken from a Wych and Eldrad Ulthran.

I'm thinking if I really feel lazy and can;t be bothered to repaint my Reavers now, this could just as easily stand in for Yvraine too.

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 09:17

I've always loved wyches (lore wise) and this succubus looks pretty great ; the sword really adds to the character and the color scheme is pretty cool.

Nice job Smile

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 14:00

Wrapping up a few projects, I've managed to finish two.

With the releadse of the new Codex, I grabbed a few spare bits, dove into my bits box, and picked up a few extras on eBay, I decided to put together a couple of small patrol Detachments.
The intention, whether a good idea or not, is purely to make the lowest collection necessary to unlock abilities and Strategems which might be useful.

Also, it gave me something to do. SOmething different.

So two small Patrols, each consisting of an Archon and a single unit of five Kabalites.

I've put a bit more effort into painting these units than I usually do for basic units, and I hope it shows.

To start, a more regal, slow moving, standy-still Kabal painted in a close approximation of traditional Black Heart colours. Bodies are Dark Elf Executioners, with an Archon wielding some weird snake-staff thing.
A bit of extra effort here, as two got magnetized arms so I can swap out Splinter Fiels for special weapons.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I4suqyA

Second, basic Kabalite bodies on Wyhc legs for dynamic runners. More interesting heads from.....somewhere. Can't remember where.
Their Archon, the one and only KRUELLAGH THE VILE. Or at least, my scratch build of her. Custom arm-implanted weapons, long hair, etc. As a result I went for close to Flayed Skull colours, but not quite.
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 30p2Md2

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 08:23

Looks fantastic !

I really like the KRUELLAGH conversion, they should add more custom characters to our collection, so we have more bits to play with :p

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2018, 23:51

The Executioner and Kabalite/Wych conversions and schemes look lovely man.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2018, 13:54

IT. IS. TIME.

I've wanted to do this for a while, and I've finally decided to commit and see it done.

BEHOLD. MY NEXT PROJECT:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 LrBfyFz

So, here's the plan.

The Venom itself won't have crew or passengers. They will be sacrificed for coolness.
This will likely end up as a purely display piece, maybe thrown at competitions if I get the chance.
It probably won't end up looking much like Starscream (a shame) bexcause it'll need to be entirely custom. I think Starscream could be easily down with a Razorwing (and that would make an awesome Wraithknight) but I can't be bothered to buy a whole Razorwing for this.

But lets be clear, this will not simply stand still.
This will be a working Transformer.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 KsUFxsq

Based on this design, the legs will be folded up in a classic Transformers style, and I'll be putting them at the rear. If I can, they will be under or incorporated into the rear platform. I'll have to wait and see when I start working with the actual model, but it may be that I have to replace the rear platform entirely.

The two wings will swing upwards so that the pointed end can face downwards when in robot form.

And the main canopy will split into two (except the cockpit window). Each half of the canopy will be attached to one of the two fold-out arms, pewrhaps revealing a hidden gun?

I think the implication of the design is that the torso will be just under the cockpit facing downwards, and the head will move into position from inside the cockpiut and fit onto that torso (or be fixed in place already).

To hold everything together well, I plan to magnetize the hell out of this.
For example where the canopy hull comes together in Venom mode, there will be small magnets along the seam which will help to hold it together in that mode.
Likewise, a few magnets in the body structure will be able to hold a single pose on a base. Thats the hope anyway (if I can make that work).

On realistic planning, I'm thinking I can either get a hole load of hinges from a modelling store, or use the base body from an existing Transformer toy. One way is easier and would ensure success, the other harder but perhaps more rewarding and open to more customization.

Thoughts?

I think it can work, and be cool.

What do you think?

Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2018, 09:25

Niiiice, particularly like the mandrakes and tantalus. Was thinking of using executioners as DL index trueborn as I need the swords + helmets for my incubi
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2018, 13:41

The Venom is on its way.
Looking forward to this.

Planning it out, I;ve developed a very simplistic plan:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 GOvRHUN

Legs folding up under the platform, arms upright in the canopy.

Not much movement is needed from the core body in order to "transform", and I think most of the work will be in how the main hull moves and shifts with the transformation.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2018, 11:18

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 ZQag6Fj

The Venom has arrived and I've started giving much more careful thought to where I can make my cuts and get this thing together.

I think the plan as it is still work, I just have to be quite careful with the cuts.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next