THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!

Go down 
+8
Baron Tordeck
Silverglade
Sacredsilence
Kantalla
RedRegicide
Rhivan
Lord_Alino
Ynneadwraith
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2018, 14:58

I've slowed down on a projects a fair bit lately, mainly because I'm prepping for a not-particular-ideal, month-long business trip to Albania (which is giving me no end of headaches).

But I have had time to at think about a project and get a little done.

The Venomformer has had a Venom acquired, and sliced up.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 VpKs2TU

Main body in the central section, legs at the back, wings to fold up and the front canopy to split apart and be attached to the arms.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01 2018, 09:58

A couple of quick things, I’ve been planning a bit of a bolstering for my Harelquins. Up to now I’ve kept a small collection as allies for my Drukhari, but I’m now looking to expand them properly. As a result i came to the conclusion that I’m not 100% happy woth the Troupe master and Death jester I built before. They were…..ok, but not great.

So I’ve put together a couple of new ones.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 SQtFyID

The Death Jester is on the left, based on the Isharann Soulrender from GW’s new Idoneth Deepkin range. New heads, and entirely new feet (because I needed to get rid of the random fish and rock he was standing on), and replaced the glaive with an adapted new weapon.

I’m not 100% sold on the weapon so far, and may end up swapping it out. It just looks……meh to me.

On the right, the Troupe Master based on the Mistweaver Saih. The pictures a bit naff (sorry), but I cut away half the helm to add a Sister Of Slaughter one for that lovely Harlequin dual-mask thing. I also cut away a load of “mist”, which required me to replace a whole foot too. Gun arm added, and staff replaced with the ? symbol.

I’ll be honest, I started out wanting to build a Riddler, and considered going the full way. Decided against it, but kept the icon and plan to paint her in greens. Thanks to this, i settled on the name Masque Of The Fatal Mystery.

With my trip coming up, I’ll probably be able to paint them in about a month when I get back. Assuming the middle of nowhere, eastern Europe doesn’t kill me.

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2018, 05:01

Okay I really like your Death Jester man. I'm surprised at how the model looks Very Happy (And how Dark Eldar it feels) Great job!

The Troupe master looks great as well but the weapon seems a bit odd to me as it's far more jagged and square than what I imagine Eldar to have.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2018, 11:47

Tantalus Renovation - Complete

I went away for a month.

But just before I did, I finally finished my renovations to my custom built Dark Eldar/Drukhari Tantalus. A new floor, new rear platform, new crew and a few minor cosmetic changes, and here is the final model.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 0owPe9A
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 Hf27Zn8
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 HjwK3U0
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 YxtxWdL
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 SfIt4yT

Still on the table to finish:
- Revenant Renovation
- New crew for Venoms
- Captured Eldrad
- A note from a friend trying to convince me to build Ork monstrosities

Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2018, 18:14

Ok, so what's the guy sitting on the stairs doing? Looks like he's getting drunk while the rest of the crew are working. LOL
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2018, 09:37

Silverglade wrote:
Ok, so what's the guy sitting on the stairs doing?  Looks like he's getting drunk while the rest of the crew are working.   LOL

Yep. Very Happy

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2018, 13:55

I finally finished two characters for my Harlequins, a Troupe Master and a Death Jester for the masque Of The Fatal Mystery.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 Sq1t5RG
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 FXTbgJp
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 9gQdiup

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2018, 16:46

I am rather impressed by your conversion and painting skills. Your work looks amazing.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03 2018, 16:55

I've had a good proeuctive weekend.

Amongst my recent completions, I finally finished my Captured Eldrad.
Once, back in 7th Edition 40k, I planned a Seer Council formation and built them as captured Farseers and Warlocks, each with a Dark Eldar Warrior on their base, bolding or torturing them.
I then started building an Eldrad Ulthran to sit at their heart, and then that (and all) formation stopped being a thing.

And so it sat unfinished for a while. Until now.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 Uc7YZXJ
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 EJ1jXc9
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 NTDL2xK

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23 2018, 10:50

I'm finally getting moving on a project - the renovations to my Revenant Titan.

Some of you may have seen it before, the great big spinning gyroscope of doom.
Here it is again, with annotations on what needed fixing or replacing.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 T7RKvmV

Yeah, I was REALLY proud of this one. I love my Revenant, and want it restored to fully, beautiful glory.

And the good news is that progress has been made!

To start with annotation 1, I need to replace rings A and C entirely. The ones I build just aren't holding the weight, and have becoming mishapen, and I suspect it was like this from the moment I built them. Just curving plasticard around seemed like a good idea, but it didn't hold its shape properly.
So they need to be stronger.
To that end, I have received in the mail today, these:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 XQggB99

I have had correctly sized rings 3d printed in a stornger plastic than I had before. Their size is thankfully spot on, and will offer far more stability. It does mean a redesign of the aesthetic of rings A and C, but I'm quite happy with that.

Annotation 2 was simple enough, with rings B and D being smoothed down and a few areas being filled in where I missed gaps in the original build. The only thing left to do is sure up the large outer spikes, the tipes of which have warped a little and bent at the tips. I'll need to strengthen these with added support.

Annotation 3, magnetizing the rings for easy dissembly and transport, will be next of the agenda after I rebuild rings A and C.

Annotation 4 is nearly finished, with a new floor already in place on the cnetral platform I'm adding more wirings and tubes to the captured Librarian at the heart of the thing (which never did get a special name of its own) and I just want to add a few more there. Finally, I'll need to replace the outer struts which connect toe the rings, which I'll work out as I rebuild ring A.

Project away! Huzzah!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2018, 19:06

I've come up with a plan for those new rings on my Revenant.

I have three of each size, but I'm thinking I can do this with only three.
Three circles, attached to each other at quarters, to make a ring. THe spaces between, filled with teeth-like spikes. Like the sort that come with Raiders.
I think that could work.

I'm also currently giving thought to giving Razorwing Flock spam a go. Just for fun.

The thing is, I HATE the look of a flock of birds as a unit. I just hate it.

What I'm intrigued by, is the prospect of something like this:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 S-l1600

Those are from the new (ish) AoS ongoing spell-things, and the idea of a large number fo flying blades amuses me if they have the right Beastmasters.

What do think? Would it work if I can get enough swords or other form of blades together?

WHat could I got to Drukhari it up a bit, and make it less "magic/psychic"?

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29 2018, 13:49

A small experiment in amongst all the other stuff I've managed to pile onto myself recently.

You may, in the past, have seen my two Avatars:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 ApMbZS1
Yncarne of Ynnead
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 Eq7SiYA

Well, I decided some time ago that this needed to be a triumvirate.

So recently i started to see if I could make the idea in my mind a reality.

The correct third member I decided, would be an Avatar of Cegorach, and in my mind I pictured that asa form not quite in reality, but not a ghost. Something which is a walking pile of pieces of a being, a hollow thing like a walking costume.
The way to build this, I reasoned, would be to apply strips of plasticard to a suitable model and melt it into position. Then I could remove the parts, assembled them without the model, and I'd have my Hollow Avatar.

Anyway, he is my first prototype. I think its come out reasonably well.

With special thanks to Aquaman.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 XoPsEgE

I don't think this pictures quite does it justice, but I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.
Not sure if I'll have a second attempt or be happy with this one, but I'll probably paint this one to see its final form before I decide.

Thoughts?

Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2018, 19:16

I love the creativity you show in your builds!!

The avatar of cegorach idea. But at the moment I think it looks more like a collection of sheets rather than like the 'living costume" you're looking for.

I think if you were to add a mask for the face and gloves and boots to be the hands and feet it would go a long way.

Out of curiosity, what did you use for the base of your Avatar of Khaine? A Galactus figure perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12 2018, 10:51

Silverglade wrote:
Out of curiosity, what did you use for the base of your Avatar of Khaine?  A Galactus figure perhaps?

I reposed General Zod (Man Of Steel figure).

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2019, 16:14

This was a bit of a weird experiment, but I felt like I wanted a third Avatar to stand alongside my custom Avatar Of Khaine and Yncarne.

So a third Avatar seemed like it should be a manifestation of Cegorach, the Laughing God of the Harlequins.

My concept on that is a hollow figure. An outer shell with a hollow space in the middle, visible throw breaks in the form. I veen had a good idea of how to make it work. Thin plasticard, a precision heat gun, and some sort of humanoid figure I could melt the plasticard over. This would give me a good form, and I could glue pieces together to build the final form.

The figure was easy enough to find - I got one a good size of Aquaman and started work. Here’s some pictures:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 K93OcRv

I didn’t finish the final form, deciding to count this as a prototype. I painted part of it to get a good read on how it went, and I think it came out ok. Not perfect of course, and definitely in need of rebuilding, but it gave me comfort in the basic concept of how it’ll work.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 DZH97Cf

I think for the second version, the ideal adaptations will include using smaller pieces in most places. Also not to give up before reaching the legs. I think having legs is a definite for version two.

Also, I’ll see if I can find a better face. The melted plastic still gave some definition, giving some facial features, but I’d like them better defined.

Comments, etc, always welcome.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2019, 12:52

I’ve been really enjoying using my Harlequins in an Escalation league at my club recently, so I’ve decided to build a second Death Jester with the aim of a third joining at some point in the future.

I like each of my characters to look completely unique, as a different role in the great play my Masque perform. As my previous Death Jester was a large, armoured, hulking figure, I figured this one should be more of a withered crone. A proper image of death (though not necessarily Ynnead).

The figure I went with for the base was the Nighthaunt Cairn Wraith from Age Of Sigmar, as a proper ghost-like Reaper figure.

I carved out the innards and used some Drukhari bits to put a body inside, partially lifted off the ground so you get some impression that it might be floating (or at least in motion). The Wraith came with a decent helmeted head that works nicely, and I used a spare Splinter Cannon to built the new weapon for this Death Jester. That meant drilling most of the Cairn Wraith’s staff and hands to attach the Cannon in a way that didn’t mean it was just hanging on the end of a stick.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 JpHTN7u
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 SsXTeE8

I really need to get on with finishing a few other projects, including rebuilding my Revenant and finishing the Venomformer.
But I've been really tired and injured lately.

Breadhead
Slave
Breadhead

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22 2019, 09:25

Really nice!

I like your Harlequin avatar prototype, what kind of heat gun did you use?
I've tried to do some plasticard forming with a heat gun (standard decorating one) and it didn't work out so well, but it's a technique I think has some promise.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2019, 11:20

@Breadhead, the heat gun was a fairly standard, cheapy commercial one. I forget what the name of the brand is. It worked.....ok. To be honest in the end it wasn't great for everything and I resorted to just using a lighter a lot of the timer.

In other news, a finished build. Partially a little “for fun” build, these three are modelled to be Eldar fallen to the sway of Chaos, perhaps old pre-fall Aeldari who now serve the dark gods.

My intention is to build from here, and either use these as Haemonculi (with Daemon-inspired Coven units) as more likely as Beastmasters (with Endless Spell inspired Beasts).

The main build is based on a Necromunda Delaque Ganger body, with arms from the Blackstone Fortress Rogue Psykers (with sleeves made of Green Stuff. The heads are Dark Elf Black Guard, with hair fixed with Green Stuff.

They ride on leviatating toothed-washers (razor wheels), which I’m thinking of using to build some of the Beasts they’ll control.

I don’t have a cool name for the trio just yet.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 G2GpScM

Of course this does mean that my Kabal's Aerchon has made a deal with vile CHaos worshipping psykers which might Vect might have an issue with, but I think it elooks cool. So meh.

red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04 2019, 12:21

I've always liked the concept of Chaos Eldar and those look great! I really like the overall flair of your army. Glad to see that some people actually still post in here.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2019, 14:24

A quick addition, having finally finished a small, custom Rangers unit to fill in a Patrol when I want to take a tiny Craftworld Detachment to help out.

Guardian bodies, Scourge heads, Wood Elf bows and green stuff for the hoods.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 P63Og9p

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22 2019, 12:32

I’ve finally finished the third of my Triumvirate of Eldar Avatars. It is of course something for which there are no rules, but as Avatars of the still existing Eldar gods go, I quite like it.

So here it is, the Cegorian, avatar of Cegorach.

(In the middle of the first pic, flanked by my Yncarne and Avatar of Khaine.

A previous built of this attempted to melt and bend plasticard into a humanoid shape, but I quickly found problems with that. Namely the stablitiy of the model. The only way to make it strong enough to stand was to add more layers to the legs, which made it far too bulky. Theres a previous log entry showing how I started.

But I settled on a new idea using the same basic design. It would still be a loose set of cloth and wrapped rags, but this time I would add a humanoid core. To make it make sense, said humanoid core eas totally smoothed over and painted as a star-field.
So it was thus built as the other two avatars were - using an action figure as a base with all joints green-stuff and smoothed, with body features etc also filed down to create a smooth finish. Unlike the others I didn’t retain facial featyures this time as I needed it totally smooth.

Layers of plastic strips were then applied in different sizes, using the heat of a lighter to make them temporarily malleable and create the cloths and banners which wrap around it. The inner core was painted with various starfields and mebulae, with outer wrap in assorted Harlequin inspired patterns.

Comments and praise appreciated.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 Ey24TWh
Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 PDnzlgs

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2019, 19:40

Long time no see, but pretty impressive work !

I love the efforts you put in your conversions <3

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2019, 13:27

A couple of fun builds with little purpose:

Archon Claus:

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 7krSUQ4

And a Grotesque from a Reaper Bones miniature, my very first T'''''''au.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 FDgllKZ

And hopefully last.

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14 2019, 22:01

Haven't been on here lately, surprised to see you still updating, it's nice work Smile
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2020, 12:01

FINALLY, a bit of time and inspiration has got me working again, and I've set to repairing and rebuilding a couple of my big projects!
I've been having fun with magnets!

REVENANT TITAN
First, my mighty spinny crucible of death, my Kabal's Revenant Titan, a torture engine with a filthy mon-keigh psyker strapped into its centre (not pictured, maybe later).

YOU CAN SEE A LOG OF THE ORIGINAL BUILD HERE.

Since its original build, I got to use it a couple of times, but the rings simply weren;t strong enough. From the start, the first and third rings (from the centre) started to buckle under the weight they were holding. It was also a real pain to store, because it was all one piece and glued in place.
Very soon, the buckllng rings gave way during transport, and the whole thing came apart.
I have been saying for YEARS that I'd get to rebuilding it, and never did. But NOW I HAVE.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 83smeLl

THe two broken rings have gone away, and the innermost has not been replaced at all. THe hird ring (now the second) is now made from solid rings specifically 3d-printed, with plasticard over it to add some pattern and texture. A strong brass rod now runs through the central platform and into the new innermost ring.
But most important, every ring is now connected to each other through the wonder of magnets! Not only does this give the monster a bit of movement, but it means I can easily fold it flat or dismantle it for easy transport!
I'm waiting on a delivery of green stuff to finish off the central platform, and then I can get right to repainting it!

VOIDRAVEN BOMBER
There was no great structural issue with my Voidraven, but it was starting to have storage issues. The only place I could store it, and the only box, was not big enough. Also, partly because of that and the thin plasticard I used on the wing, the tips of the wings were starting to warp a bit.
As such I removed the wings and did some work on them. They've been trimmed down a bit, and now connect again with magents.
I partly did this purely because I had the magents available.
Also taking this opportunity to replace the crew, who I was never 100% happy with, especially the pilot.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 8B4aLYj

Again, waiting on Green Stuff to smooth out a few last flaws and get this finished and repainted!
And again, YOU CAN A LOG OF THE ORIGINAL BUILD HERE.

OTHER PROJECTS

As a further note, two other recent builds.
First, I've been for a while proxying Raiders for Ravagers, because I lack Ravagers. WHat I decided to do then is build some add-on pieces which could just fit onto my Raiders when I want them to be Ravagers.
The design I settled on is these rings which floa around the outside of the vehicle, adding to its bulk and giving it the extra with a Ravager hull needs. I plan to make an add-on weapon platform which fits onto the front deck for the three weapons. Maybe some kind of Gatling-Lance?

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 Zs3R5ph

Second, my club is running an Escalation League which I can't win, because the prize is a free ticket to our annual tournament, which I run. So I can't claim the prize. Boo!
But I've decided to take the opportunity to bolster Craftworld forces.
The theme here is Chaos Eldar, Aeldari Sorcerers from the time of the fall who have given themselves to Chaos and now raised spectral Aeldari servants to serve them in battle.
My weapons platforms then are summoning disks (made from Disks Of Tzeentch) with spectres rising out of them, controling and directing their firepower. My plan here is a silly one - three squads of three, each to be deployed with one of the three Chaos Eldar Sorcerers/Farseers.
The main guns are built into the spectres, but the barrels are magnetized so I cna swap out weapons.
The first to be finished is pictured here, but I'm waiting on Green Stuff to finish the other two from the first batch.

Why do I always run out of Green Stuff when I need it most?

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 FmqbsXD

I'm very interested to hear peoples thoughts!

And please do follow my future logs: https://steve-bull.tumblr.com/

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next