THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!

Go down 
+8
Baron Tordeck
Silverglade
Sacredsilence
Kantalla
RedRegicide
Rhivan
Lord_Alino
Ynneadwraith
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21 2017, 15:42

I would like to take this quick opportunity to cure to a thousand endless hells the man who first looked at a Harlequin model and thought "You know, I think I'll show off and paint a weird, chequered diamond pattern".
Damn that man. May he flawed by unspeakable horrors, and left in a desert where each grain of sand has been engraved with a personal insult.

ANyway, ten Harlequins coming along.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 E21jyQE

I regret also deciding that each will be a different colour. WOOOOO. MULTICOLOURS!
I deserve a slightly lesser cursing for that one.
Chequered sections done. Now for other clothing. Likely unchequered.

In the background though, sneak peak at Phoenix Lords also in progress! Main colours with highlights!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31 2017, 15:29

SNEAK PEAK!

I',m having a slight lighting/photogrpahy issue which might be down to being stupid, but in the meantime, I've finished my six custom Phoenix lords! Here's a brief sneak peak at them!

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 KjRXM76

I'll hopefully have the issue resolved, and will be uploading better pictures of each individual model quite soon!

Meanwhile, Harlequin Troupes nearly finished painting, two Troupe Masters being built, and Redemptionists nearly finished too! Its a productive time!

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31 2017, 17:43

Still looks promising Smile

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31 2017, 19:22

Problem solved! Behold, Phoenix Lords!

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 MirprY7

KARANDRAS

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 Om7jWlo

BAHAROTH

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 C11ifX9

MUAGEN RA

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 WQOzQn7

JAIN ZAR

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 WwWNwPq

ASURMEN

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 ZuupNkB

FUEGAN

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 Y47EH4j

And thats the core six!

Seeing as I have three units of five Warp Spiders from an old Aspect Host Formation kicking around, I've decided to at least have a go at a Warp Spider Phoenix Lord too, to stand in as an Autrach when I next field the them.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05 2017, 19:55

Its a season for completing projects!

My Harlequin Troupes in their multicolours are now down, but unfortunately I haven't taken any pictures for you to gaze at just yet.I;ve set them up for varnishing and will get to that once I get some more varnish. Then pictures. Then gazing.

In the meantime, I have two other projects to share briefly.

First I started work on a Troupe Master, because obviously i'd need one of them. Seeing as I used Witch Elves/Sisters of Slaughter for my Troupes, I went with something similar for the Troupe Master and used the Tenebrael Shard from the Silver Tower set. its basically a Witch Elf character.
Cut down hair, smoothed over body to put it in clothes, and a few spikes removed, and its looking quite good. Also the addition of a Sister of Slaughter head to "fit in", and an arm-gun-thing using a Corsair Crossbow.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 Nf8PQup

Second an advancement on a project started a while back, a collection of vehicles for this small Harlequin force. THe main hulls/stages have been finished, filled in with poly-filler and covered over. Theres a few joins to seal up, but have a material (plastic thread) on the way to cover that. Then I'll texture the main stage and the uder-carriage, before adding a magnet centre-stage (for Voidweaver gun platforms) and add the rear engine part. At some point I'll need to consider crew too.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 BZP0IJj

Harlequin Troupes to be uploaded soon!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07 2017, 13:48

Two Harlequin Troupes finished, built from Sisters of Slaughter with a few extras added on.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 SytwOPI

Also, rear engine sections built for Vehicles.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 97a92Ge

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07 2017, 14:34

The arlequins looks great, nice painting & conversions (IK it's that easy to convert)

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11 2017, 13:36

Progress is coming along quite well with these Harlequin vehicles.

I picked up some really good textured plasticard sheets from Green Stuff Studio for the main deck, meaning the main hull is pretty much done. The only thing to finish there is a slight non-smoothness to the edges of the deck wherte it meets the hull. I've got something coming - a length of plastic thread - which I'll be running along the edges like a bumper to cover the joins, and that should be that.

Pics include an example with engine attached, which i have magnetized so I can store them easier.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 SdRqJdy

All that remains after the bumpers is a washer on each engine component to lock the magnet in place, and the crew. I have some Wood Elves coming which I'll convery to Harlequin crew - a pilot for each vehicle, and then all I'll need to do is built a few heavy gunners for when I'm using them as Voidweavers.
I'm considering Dark Reapers, but no decision made there yet. I think they need to bulkier to take up room though, and a simple platform won't be good enough. I need actual gunners.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 12:31

Nice work on the scratchbuilt Phoenix Lords Smile

I'm loving the Harlequins too. Can't wait to see how the Troupe Master turns out Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16 2017, 16:15

I had a few projects planned and got the parts at the same time, sonheres the last of the current load - the other half of the Eldaer Guardians box which gave me Phoenix Lords.

Its a unit of Rangers! And heres the first nearly done.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 RNBE5AM

Some green stuffing still to do, and then a final hood and cloak to add over the top.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 10:29

A projects update, my Harlequin vehicles have hit an obstacle with covering over a few gaps in joins, so I'm waiting on the delivery or a solution, but it may take a while. They're on hold for now then.
Rangers are coming along, slowly, but I haven't had the drive to finish them off with the final hoods.
Harlequin Troupe Master done, and waiting to be painted.

And finally I completely finished my old New Years projects list, and repaired my older vehicles. They need some more crew though, so I'm waiting for that.

Also, I was never 100% happy with some parts of my Tantalus, especially with the flooring I used. Not having anything that matched the deck plates of Raiders, I used a wire mesh but never thought it was a brilliant solution.

But I recently found something better, and am working to renovate the entire Tantalus with a few new elements, a new floor, and hopefully I’ll be adding something better than the rear portal.

For now though, new floor added.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 YxOYwv9

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 Dgo6C5l

I'm thinking it would be good to fill in the area behind the front console, but I don't know what with.....
I considered a pile of skulls/heads, but then I thought it might look a bit.....meh. Any ideas?

I'm also planning a similar renovation for my Revenant at some point, after I finish a few existing projects.

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 13:14

Really can't wait to see your harlies vehicules painted ^^, and same for your rangers.

The new floor for the tantalus looks nice too.

For the back of the console, either do it plain, or maybe add a couple victims / severed limbs.
They might add trophy racks again on the new dex, who knows :p

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 15:16

True. I guess my thoughts were that it looked a little plain, and it would be awkward to get new flooring in there too. I suppose some chains, trophy racks or something might work.....

OR......anyone know where I can get some kinitaures or sitting, crying children?

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 03:04

Yeah new flooring in there would be misplaced imo ^^' even if not so noticeable from the tabletop point of view.
For me the main problem is that from the outside it doesn't look 'empty'.

Regarding victims, I remermber seeing IGuards 'victimized' at some but not sure where (probably "la danse macabre" with all the carnival conversions stuff > Razorwing flocks ?) but can't tell if it's full conversions or some miniatures sold as its.

+ maybe go over small models ? ratlings for example, that might be converted to childrens ?

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 12:52

Hey look! A 40k vehicle that's actually scaled properly to transport people!

Really nice work Smile

I've been trying to sort out some models for children actually. Understandably they're hard to come by in a wargame, but certainly for the INQ28 aesthetic they're really useful to add a dose of realism (and a whole heap of grimdark) to the universe.

I've sort of picked out Knoblars as being reasonably sized for older children (say 10-13yrs or so), and the heroic scale of things sort of masks their proportions somewhat.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 15:13

Yeah, the proportuions just didn't sit right with me, and I can;t be arsed to try to sort them out. Best of luck to you if you think you can though!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 07 2017, 11:21

So, an update on Harlequin Vehicles.

I've been having a bit of a problem with them which has delayed finishing them off.
As shown in the image below, theres a possible flaw in the way I designed them, resulting in a join that just won't be fixed. I built the hulkk and started filling it in, then added the top plate with the textured floor. The trouble is that the top plate just won't smooth into the lower hull. I've tried using plastic putty to fill it in then file down for a smooth finish, and its just resulted in a lumpy finish with holes. The putty also just wouldn;t hold.
I've also tried adding a bumper to cover the join, but each attempt has been......off. Either out of position because the material just wouldn't hold in a good position, or the material I tried just didn't look good on a Harlequin vehicle.
I'm at a bit of an empass on this project while I try to work out how to fix this.
Any suggestions would be great!

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 4WzFxZJ

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08 2017, 16:50

Probably my eyes but I'm having difficulty seeing where the gap is :S

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 10:47

Its just on th edge. Its hard to see in photos, but its there in person.

Anyway, some updates on the Tantalus Renovation.

After adding the new floor, I've also put in a few more cosmetic additions, including a central bar, a rear bar, some additional console screens and a few extra bits of armour plating.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 AiKiRuG

I've also finally (nearly) finished my unit of Rangers, by adding their hoods. Their hoods have unfortunately ended up a bit uneven (finger prints) and I need to smooth those down, but that won;t be hard or take very long. I'll be able to get them (and many other things) undercoated for painting quite soon.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 Xp3lUlN

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 10:49

Nice to see the work still going on, and cocky conversions Smile

I'm still impress over how nice you guys can model green stuff to your own wishes. Nice work.

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26 2017, 14:52

Big grin time, THESE are my Manfrakes. I've posted them before.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 V8SSF2r

I quite like my Mandrakes. Built from Ringwraith, the ghostly form emerging out of the surrouding floor is a good look (in my opinion), and as a unit I like them.

Soooo.........

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 XVprkfl

A fair bit more work to do, smoothing down where I've cut pieces up, and where I've added new weapons.

The final count will be three units of ten, ready in time for a Doubles tournament. Wheeeeeee!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 25 2017, 14:57

The Mandrakes are coming!

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 YX92xQ6

20 new Mandrakes ready for a little more basing and then an undercoat. I'll probably take the chance to repaint the original 10 (in the same style) just to make sure the style is uniform.

Also in the works, a new Archon to fit in with this liump of Mandrakes - shadow monster themed. Easily a Decapitator stand-in too.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 13:31

Heres fun, and a nicely sorted experiment in GIFs.

I showed the two custom units of Harlequins a little while back - well here's the Troupe Master!

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 JhdipId

Obviously I haven;t finished painting it yet.
Very pleased that I got the whole thing to stand on the cloth, and leave the feet above the ground!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19 2018, 11:37

I have a lovely pair of leaders finished today.

First of all, an advancement on my last post, and a finished Harlequin Troupe Master.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 6VDp1w5

Built from the Silver Tower Tenebrael Shard, shaved down to a nice, form-fitting Harlequin suit, and painted mostly monochrome so that he stands out from the rest of my Sisters Of Slaughter Harlequins.

Second, a very self-pleasing completion.

A while back, I finished off an Aspect Host - three units of Warp Spiders for a Formation that no longer exists (though can still sit in a small Detachment - and now at last I have their leader!

The original intent was that this would be my representation of a Warp Spider Phoenix lord, to stand alongside my other custom Phoenix Lords.
On the table, I would use it as an Autarch with Warp Jump Generator (until that went away, leaving me with only the option of the magic flow-chart).

I later had the other idea though.
Based on their look, thertes no reason that my Warp Spiders couldn;t instead by Shadow Spectres!
And this guy - Irrilyth!

Regardless, here he is at last (with images of the original Warp Spiders/Shadow Spectres below).

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 LAgR6Hw

The main body is AGAIN the Silver Tower Tenebrael Shard, but this time keeping a lot of the body intact. The same armour, the hair.
the arm-cannon had to be added as a custom piece made from a few beads, and the dagger arm came from a Sister of Slaughter. The head is from Spellcrow, and was the same as used on the core units.

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 KRduLJX

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 M5uwIcQ

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2018, 13:22

It's not the size that matters... but still x')

Nice conversions Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!   Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Eternal Night - CUSTOM REVENANT TITAN FINALLY REBUILT!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next