THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems

Go down 
+38
the_scotsman
Dasook
nerdelemental
Myrvn
Faitherun
Kantalla
Ikol
Shingen
helvexis
lament.config
Marrath
Sess
Britishgrotesque
Mikoneo
yellabelly
Skulnbonz
PFI
URIEN
|Meavar
Mppqlmd
The Strange Dark One
TeenageAngst
Archon_91
Silverglade
hekatrixxy
SushiBoy013
Imateria
Count Adhemar
TheBaconPope
FuelDrop
RedRegicide
dumpeal
Vathek
Bad-baden-baden
Rhivan
Sarkesian
Burnage
krayd
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18 2017, 10:44

So basically the pistol is just the new equivalent of the Parasites Kiss from our old Codex. I'm cool with that if it's true at the end of the day.

Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 13:31

From the latest article (Get Ready for Chapter Approved) on Warhammer Community "We’ll be previewing just some of what you can expect to find in your copy throughout this week" and "You’ll be able to pre-order Chapter Approved ... on Saturday the 25th". Not long until we find out what we will get to hold us over until codex release.

Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 16:07

I'm just looking forward to some leaks of substance, finally

Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 20:44

2 more weeks till dark eldar point reductions! Can't wait. I'm excited for hellions and reavers because they mostly have a good toolkit, aside from some reaver options. Would love to use them more. Also hoping scourges go to 13 points like swooping hawks.

Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 21:10

Just two weeks!? Merry Christmas us!

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 22:48

Here's hoping they tease something dark eldar related and not just pushing the power armour stuff :/
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 22:51

Archon_91 wrote:
Here's hoping they tease something dark eldar related and not just pushing the power armour stuff :/

My guess is that they will be. A big appeal of this edition of Chapter Approved is going to be the temporary rules for non-Codex armies, which, obviously, we're a major part of.
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 00:35

I'm seeing a few posts indicating a point reduction for Dark Eldar with Chapter Approved...has that been confirmed, or just speculating?

Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 00:44

I don't know but I can't imagine we wouldn't see a massive points reduction across the board. I have to play 7th edition to see any semblance of game balance at this point.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 01:11

TeenageAngst wrote:
I don't know but I can't imagine we wouldn't see a massive points reduction across the board. I have to play 7th edition to see any semblance of game balance at this point.

I agree. I just played another Tyranid match today that actually managed to increase the nonsense thrown at my DE. Had to tell my friend the game is on hold till my codex is released. Not going to play such lopsided matches.

Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 03:34

Its more than just speculation, the designers about the ynnari nerf talked about them changing harlequin and dark eldar points
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 12:51

PFI wrote:
Its more than just speculation, the designers about the ynnari nerf talked about them changing harlequin and dark eldar points
With respect to their upcoming codecies.

It was strongly hinted at some time ago, and is considered a large part of the point of, that Chapter Approved will feater points changes to ALL armies. It's why you find points values at the back of the book, it's much easier to make an edit to a single page than to every datasheet in the army.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 17:26

When asked about the dark eldar in this book, this was GW's reply:

Quote :
Indeed - they will receive some juicy new rules in this book.... but more on that later, noble Kabalite...

New RULES?
RULES?

Ok, excitement level increased a bit

TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 17:33

Quote :
New RULES?
RULES?

Ok, excitement level increased a bit

I would warn against picking apart something too closely..but hell, half my enjoyment comes from exactly that.

I'm tentatively excited

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 17:45

"New rules" probably just means the Warlord Trait, Strategems and Relics that have already been potentially leaked. Not sure I'd expect anything more than that.
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 20:15

From today's chapter approved article on Warhammer Community: "Come back tomorrow when we’ll be looking at one of the most exciting features in the book – expanded rules for 11 factions currently without a codex, including stratagems, warlord traits and relics…" so hopefully we'll get a bit more concrete info tomorrow.

Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 22:54

I'm hoping we get more than 1-2 options in the relic, strategem and warlord trait department.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 23:28

They'll probably give us the strict minimum, otherwise they'd feel like it might reduce the hyper for the codices to come.

Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21 2017, 01:57

Yep, I wouldn't anticipate too too much; have to still push the codex. I simply want us to stay competitive..

Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21 2017, 02:19

Maybe they make everything in the dark eldar codex so cheap it doesn't even need strategems and WT's. Wouldn't that be the day...
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21 2017, 16:59

Faction rules teaser.

Quote :
We’ve only scratched the surface (did you know, for example, that Haemonculus Covens, Wych Cults and Kabals all get a Warlord Trait of their own?), and if you play any of these factions, points changes aside, you’ll want to get your hands on Chapter Approved.

Can't say I'm happy about that.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21 2017, 17:09

Depends. Do they mean we get access to three warlord traits within one army? Or do they just mean each one has access to a unique trait? Ones quite nice, the other not so much.

Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21 2017, 17:13

Why not happy? It's more choices than you had before. Chapter approved was never going to give us or any of the other 11 factions the full codex treatment.

"Each one of these groups will be getting a Warlord Trait, Relic, at least one Stratagem, and in some cases even more." - this is surely an improvement over not getting anything until the codex.

And hopefully we see the rumoured points deductions so we can put more stuff on the board compared to before. I wonder if these 11 factions will get points reduced down below where they will actually end up in the codexes as the relative value without a full complement of strategems, traits and relics will be lower.

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21 2017, 17:17

I'm (mildly) unhappy because it means that a) the leaks were probably right, and b) they're probably doubling down on us being three distinct factions crammed into a single list.

I'm happy we're getting stuff, don't get me wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21 2017, 18:15

This is fairly worrying for me as I can imagine GW may try to completely separate the factions, which leaves units such as incubi, scourge and mandrakes without any form of benefit from any subfaction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next