THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems

Go down 
+38
the_scotsman
Dasook
nerdelemental
Myrvn
Faitherun
Kantalla
Ikol
Shingen
helvexis
lament.config
Marrath
Sess
Britishgrotesque
Mikoneo
yellabelly
Skulnbonz
PFI
URIEN
|Meavar
Mppqlmd
The Strange Dark One
TeenageAngst
Archon_91
Silverglade
hekatrixxy
SushiBoy013
Imateria
Count Adhemar
TheBaconPope
FuelDrop
RedRegicide
dumpeal
Vathek
Bad-baden-baden
Rhivan
Sarkesian
Burnage
krayd
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30 2017, 06:58

Completely agree with that, blast pistols scare my opponents more than the actual close combat. I'm not giving up an extra round of attacks and potential 3 damage for 3 extra hits with no/low ap.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2017, 16:04

Kantalla wrote:
I have just done some quick numbers on the new warlord trait options for the Succubus.

The trait on average increases the number of attacks by 50% (a 1/6 chance of getting 3 attacks is an average of 1/2 bonus attacks for each attack made) although it is highly variable. That is fairly good, and makes the +1 attacks Drug a bit more tempting. From turn 3, that becomes a 1/3 chance of getting 3 attacks, which on average doubles the number of attacks.
[...]
The short version is with the warlord trait, an Agoniser Succubus is superior to an Archite Glaive Succubus. For certain targets the Impaler is actually better too. While it is annoying the iconic Succubus weapon isn't their prime choice now, this warlord trait does give us a small boost, which is what a warlord trait is meant to do.

Oh wow, we were on basically the same Brainwaves here Kantalla. I'm glad I doubled back to check for stuff like this.
I'm sure my math is off somewhere but here's the link anyways:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t16747p25-using-the-rumored-chapter-approved-changes

to quote myself:
"Best case scenario for Succubus: Glaive, Blood Dancer, +1Attack, Turn 3+
4.54 GEQ
3.78 MEQ

So compared to the
7.5 GEQ
5 MEQ

of Lelith, it's obvious which character kills more. Which, to be fair, I think Lelith and the Succubus were sadly about even before the new warlord trait Blood Dancer. To be exact, because why not, Lelith kills 32% more MEQ and 65% more GEQ than the Succubus.

HOWEVER THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM.
Lelith costs 74% more than the Succubus. You could practically have 2 succubi instead of Lelith. So while Lelith has a better Invuln, who cares? being able to spend less than 100 points on a HQ means an extra dark Lance or two somewhere else in your army. Vect knows we need more of them."

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2017, 22:28

It might be weird, but Chapter Approved has really drained my enthusiasm to play much until we get our Codex.

I was so excited to be able to start using some of our units without feeling that I was putting myself at a major disadvantage, but then... nothing.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2017, 22:38

The definition of insanity is to always doing the same mistake and hoping for a different outcome.

"The next codex will be awesome. It will fix all our issues and we'll get competitive"

...Doctor, I think I need a room at your asylum.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2017, 22:43

Burnage wrote:
It might be weird, but Chapter Approved has really drained my enthusiasm to play much until we get our Codex.

I was so excited to be able to start using some of our units without feeling that I was putting myself at a major disadvantage, but then... nothing.

Agreed. If the DE codex is bad it is entirely possible I will sit out this entire edition.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2017, 22:45

Quote :
Agreed. If the DE codex is bad it is entirely possible I will sit out this entire edition.

Or discover that wyches make perfectly viable harlequin proxies... Neutral

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2017, 22:58

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :

Or discover that wyches make perfectly viable harlequin proxies... Neutral

If I wanted to play Harlequins I would play Harlequins.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2017, 23:11

I really like this edition, and so far the only bad codex was adeptus mechanicus and maybe grey knights, but honestly I don't think either is awful, just didnt get new models for ad mech and grey knights lack of ability to deal with hordes it what keeps them out of the meta.

Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2017, 00:21

This edition has been about as much fun as learning to play 4th edition D&D. Everyone I know is just kind of just sitting around putting up with it until it goes away and they never have to look at it again. It's like a football team during their rebuilding year.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2017, 01:29

I'm putting up my Dark Eldar up until our codex comes out. Friends aren't happy because it takes away an army to play against...I told them they can blame it on GW and their roll-out strategy.

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems   Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Approved Rumors - warlord traits/relics/stratagems
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8